[ATTN NEW RIDERS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
Closed

[LIVESTREAM] Halloween LiveSCREAM 10/31

Comments

• ClearBlueSkyClearBlueSky
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 1,875
    edited October 31, 2017
    Looks like I missed it and when I click on Latest Video it just hangs there. Did they talk about the event rewards and if so can someone do a quick recap on this? I'm most interested in stats for the 2 new Halloween event famiilars and also if anything was said about the old nerfed familiar.
  • RuniRuni
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 3,925
    edited October 31, 2017
    they only showed of some plushies cuddles got from a player and screamed alot and made trivia to raffle away the new costume......as far as i heard anything right (was half afk after 15 mins or so xD ), there was NO infos at all...So you didnt missed anything except CheatingWings as a pumpkin and the new puffy in person with a costume aswell ;)
    btw i would appreciate it if next time its little bit less "screaming"... ^^
  • PuffyHuffPuffyHuff
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 4,165
    edited October 31, 2017
    Looks like I missed it and when I click on Latest Video it just hangs there. Did they talk about the event rewards and if so can someone do a quick recap on this? I'm most interested in stats for the 2 new Halloween event famiilars and also if anything was said about the old nerfed familiar.

We didn't go over any in-game stats. The stream was just for fun to celebrate the contest winners and for the community join us and laugh. For any issues or information, we will have the October knows issues list going up early November (Will recap the previous month at the beginning of the next month). For the stat changes, I believe it was stated in previous patch notes/maintenance notices on the main site that some stats would change for event items once the event has ended.
    Hibiya
    edited October 31, 2017
    PuffyHuff wrote: »

We didn't go over any in-game stats. The stream was just for fun to celebrate the contest winners and for the community join us and laugh. For any issues or information, we will have the October knows issues list going up early November (Will recap the previous month at the beginning of the next month). For the stat changes, I believe it was stated in previous patch notes/maintenance notices on the main site that some stats would change for event items once the event has ended.

Hi, thanks for the reply.

Can you point out where it was stated that some stats would change for event items once the event has ended? If you guys intended to say this but forgot to mention it, then can you set it back to the old stats for even one day so that those of us who already farmed for the event items can use them in it's original form (since it's obviously not our fault if you forgot to mention this)?

Also, I have never seen this before in any game where event items have their stats changed after the event has ended. On top of that, the current event also gives out this same reward, so technically, the event for this item has not yet ended.

With regards to the 2 new event reward familiars, it is fairly standard in most games (and even in this one) to give stats/info at the start of the event so people will know whether they want to farm them. We are almost 1 week into the current event. Can we have an ETA on if or when we will get this info? And are these event rewards also subject to change after the event ends? If so, can you state what stats they will change into?

If this is going to be the way Nexon event rewards are headed, then I suggest providing both the "during event stats" and "after event stats" for the event rewards so we will know whether we want to farm them.

If I had known upfront that the event familiar would be nerfed into the current state, I would never have bothered farming them in the first place.

And finally, none of this is directed at you personally. You just happen to be the person who serves as the voice for Nexon. I want to make this clear cause I see posts trying to make it look like people are attacking you when they are just expressing their concerns with the game.
    Tander
  • GreyciaGreycia
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 1,330
    edited October 31, 2017
    For the stat changes, I believe it was stated in previous patch notes/maintenance notices on the main site that some stats would change for event items once the event has ended.

It only says that for the phantom familiars: "Please note that during the event period, the phantom familiars will have bolstered stats. Once the event ends, the stats of the familiars may be altered." The list of phantom familiars is actually given above this statement, and it doesn't include the pumpkin coach...
    edited October 31, 2017
    Greycia wrote: »
    For the stat changes, I believe it was stated in previous patch notes/maintenance notices on the main site that some stats would change for event items once the event has ended.

It only says that for the phantom familiars: "Please note that during the event period, the phantom familiars will have bolstered stats. Once the event ends, the stats of the familiars may be altered." The list of phantom familiars is actually given above this statement, and it doesn't include the pumpkin coach...

Oh that's what she was talking about. But with regards to that comment, it actually makes no sense since the phantom familiars are no longer available after the event ends ... so there's no stats to be altered.

EDIT:
    Oh nvm, some people may have kept them as mounts. But their stats were so crappy to begin with ...
  • PuffyHuffPuffyHuff
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 4,165
    edited October 31, 2017

Hi, thanks for the reply.

Can you point out where it was stated that some stats would change for event items once the event has ended? If you guys intended to say this but forgot to mention it, then can you set it back to the old stats for even one day so that those of us who already farmed for the event items can use them in it's original form (since it's obviously not our fault if you forgot to mention this)?

Also, I have never seen this before in any game where event items have their stats changed after the event has ended. On top of that, the current event also gives out this same reward, so technically, the event for this item has not yet ended.

With regards to the 2 new event reward familiars, it is fairly standard in most games (and even in this one) to give stats/info at the start of the event so people will know whether they want to farm them. We are almost 1 week into the current event. Can we have an ETA on if or when we will get this info? And are these event rewards also subject to change after the event ends? If so, can you state what stats they will change into?

If this is going to be the way Nexon event rewards are headed, then I suggest providing both the "during event stats" and "after event stats" for the event rewards so we will know whether we want to farm them.

If I had known upfront that the event familiar would be nerfed into the current state, I would never have bothered farming them in the first place.

And finally, none of this is directed at you personally. You just happen to be the person who serves as the voice for Nexon. I want to make this clear cause I see a lot of posts trying to make it look like people are attacking you when they are just expressing their concerns with the game.

Let em do a little digging to find something that states such. If I can't find any info (or even if I do) I'll be sure to include it in the Oct Knows Issues post soon.

These are all valid requests and I appreciate your input. I'm sad that we kind of had to figure out better ways to go about it after some trial and error :/
    In the future, we will do our absolute best to include as much information and as possible to prevent confusion and wasted time.
    edited October 31, 2017
    These are all valid requests and I appreciate your input. I'm sad that we kind of had to figure out better ways to go about it after some trial and error :/
    In the future, we will do our absolute best to include as much information and as possible to prevent confusion and wasted time.

Have you asked your team why it was nerfed? Was it an intended nerf or a bug? If it was intended, then why?

If it's because people can farm more of these in the current event and they don't want too many items with the original stats floating around, then they can just remove it as a reward in the current event and replace it with something else. That way they can restore the stats to it's original form and people who already farmed them don't get screwed.

Please forward this suggestion to your team. Thanks. (I EDITED the suggestion to make it more clear.)

---
    I also think Nexon should take responsibility for their actions. If they intended to nerf the rewards, they should have given us warning. I don't think they should say "Yeah we screwed up and forgot to mention we will be nerfing the rewards after the event ends, but you get to pay for our mistakes."
  • RuniRuni
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 3,925
    edited November 1, 2017

Have you asked your team why it was nerfed? Was it an intended nerf or a bug? If it was intended, then why?

If it's because people can farm more of these in the current event and they don't want too many items with the original stats floating around, then they can just remove it as a reward in the current event and replace it with something else. That way they can restore the stats to it's original form and people who already farmed them don't get screwed.

Please forward this suggestion to your team. Thanks. (I EDITED the suggestion to make it more clear.)

---
    I also think Nexon should take responsibility for their actions. If they intended to nerf the familiar, they should have given us warning. I don't think they should say "Yeah we screwed up and forgot to mention we will be nerfing the rewards after the event ends, but you get to pay for our mistakes."

just let them search and talk about. i myself dont think it was intention, i more think it was some kind of fail with the patching and the new 9-12 GB update....maybe they got an somehow old stat database and there it goes.
    But puffy already said there will be a post about all this and there you will find the info if it is a bug or if it was intended!
  • PperkPperk
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 1,390
    edited November 1, 2017
    124 ppl watched that stream, gz for that, nexon did good job to get this "crowd" ...
    yvadim
This discussion has been closed.