[ATTN NEW RIDERS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Haunted Manor...

HoneychyldHoneychyld
Riders of Icarus Rep: 3,565
edited October 27 in Dungeons
...is a joke.

Only 10 mins? Seriously?

I spent the entire time trying to find the bomb, dodging exploding zombies ( I did die once), Walking slower due to that ridiculous debuff. I checked every single chest, finally in the very LAST chest next to the boss is the bomb, and I get kicked out of the dungeon because the timer was up.

What is this nonsense? I honestly don't get all these timed instances. What's the point?

And how the heck are you supposed to do this instance twice a day? I see nowhere to obtain a second pass.

We need to be able to have longer than 10 minutes. Seriously.

And no, I did not get to kill the boss before I got kicked out.
GeminiBlackrosedaeni

Comments

• VieRus8uVieRus8u
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 660
    edited October 27
    You did better than most, all the people in my guild kept getting dc-d every few min.....So most just gave up trying to do the manor or anything else in the game.
    ZuNamiMinimueckedaeni
  • DjwaffleshotDjwaffleshot
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 1,175
    edited October 27
    Eh it's seems kinda ok,I can tolerate the zombies and the debuff since the area seems much smaller than Shady Warrens and Braghin Mines,but I can see finding the bomb to kill Reaper a bit frustrating

I guess pretty much your clear time is determined by rng(?),such as how you had to look through all of the chests to find the bomb ,where I think I only looked through 1/2 or 2/3 of the chests to find the bomb and kill Reaper within the first 5 min, and had spare time to find and kill Torment.

I do like the rewards there though,especially if Torment spawns since he can drop "Mount:Abyssal Coiste Bodhar" , but sadly he has a low chance of spawning :(

Where do you get a 2nd pass though?
    Do Reaper or Torment have a chance to drop one?
    Are we just gonna get them from the November Attendance much like the Paradise Island passes in the October Attendance?
  • RuniRuni
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 3,615
    edited October 28
    i always have like 3 mins left if i got all the chests AND killed the reaper (endboss)....
    you just have to try to get around the zombies, not run into them.
    AND if you die, there is a healer outside that can heal the wounds so that you arent that slow because of it ;)

Yeah torment wasnt there for any of my chars (i go in there with 4 chars and never saw him once, hope i will see him until the events end)

• AzymionAzymion
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 1,585
    edited October 28
    Fairly easy, pay attention to the map and check the rooms or look for arrows. its basically Carleon Manor redone. i havent had any lag or disconnections so far though
  • daenidaeni
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 4,430
    edited October 28
    I think what's becoming more apparent here is the increase in timed instances. To be honest here i'm not a fan of these types of solo dungeons. All they do is piss me off and stress me out. This is not something i enjoy and to see more of these...well it's not something i want. Now a good solo dungeon without time limits and good rewards would be my ideal.. :/

What's next? An achievement board like the Spire so we all can feel more frustrated and insignificant?
    Come on! Please add something we solo-artists can sink our teeth into. Life is stressful enough without adding it into our gaming experiences.
    ZuNamiGeminiBlackroseAzymionVeritoVarlarmorguhlisTophattedLatios
  • lithefarmerlithefarmer
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 530
    edited October 28
    How do you target torment? He has spawned every time I have been in the instance but I can't target it. I have the quest and the bombs
  • DjwaffleshotDjwaffleshot
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 1,175
    edited October 28
    How do you target torment? He has spawned every time I have been in the instance but I can't target it. I have the quest and the bombs

You don't need bombs to kill Torment,I killed him with just normal attacks.

Pretty much
    Kill Reaper :Bombs
    Kill Torment: Normal Attacks

Just be careful not to aggro any of the nearby zombies or prepare to tank
  • lithefarmerlithefarmer
    edited October 28
    But it wont let me target it. if just walks around and kills me :(
  • TacypocTacypoc
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 830
    edited October 28
    But it wont let me target it. if just walks around and kills me :(

Good chance you're not looking at Torment then...big fat thing with a giant axe
  • GeminiBlackroseGeminiBlackrose
    edited October 28
    The only thing i've seen in there is the reaper and the big ass zombie. Been in everyday i can go in and never seen the big fat thing with a giant axe.. lol.. And how the hell do you get to go in the 2nd time. It said you can go in twice a day but still can only go in once a day. HELLO ADMINS WHERE ARE YOU.
  • yvadimyvadim
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 2,330
    edited October 29
    big ass zombie is just a zombie. Torment is a shadow instance (just like carleon - reaper) of Traven Solis (also known as sheep guy from spire) or Stygaea mob you can see on the zone entrance from xserver.
    The location is marked as X on the map and torment always goes around that x
  • lithefarmerlithefarmer
    edited October 29
    opps. I thought that big zombie looking thing was torment.
  • HoneychyldHoneychyld
    edited October 29
    And how the hell do you get to go in the 2nd time. It said you can go in twice a day but still can only go in once a day. HELLO ADMINS WHERE ARE YOU.

This is what I keep asking, but apparently nobody knows. And staff doesn't seem too eager to respond either.

I know about the healer that cures Dire Wounds, but I was referring to the debuff you get as soon as you enter the instance. I don't know exactly what it says..something to the effect of " The aura of the manor weighs you down".

Also, I do all I can not to run into, or make myself known to the roaming zombies. The problem is that while you have to pay close attention to not get blown to bits by the zombies, having to traverse this gauntlet looking for the bombs/torches. I cleared the instance the first time I tried, because the bomb was in the very first chest in the first room. The second time I tried, it was nowhere to be found until the very last chest next to the boss. I just think that 10 mins is not nearly enough time..or at least have the bomb a guaranteed "spawn" closer to where you enter the instance. It's more than enough that you have this obstacle course of traps, exploding zombies, and gigantic monster-things that can pulverize you.

• TacypocTacypoc
    edited October 29
    I didn't find it that big of a deal finding a bomb in the same spot as Reaper being that he is the only mob the bombs work on
  • BadlandsBadlands
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 900
    edited October 29
    U should l2p 8 min is enough to clear whole manor. And. 6 for assasin / wizard /priest
  • RuniRuni
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 3,615
    edited October 30
    Badlands wrote: »
    U should l2p 8 min is enough to clear whole manor. And. 6 for assasin / wizard /priest

i even finished the dungeon with a berserker and 5 minutes left and i got ALL the chests + the boss down. It is more than possible in 10 minutes to get through the dungeon.
  • HoneychyldHoneychyld
    edited October 30
    Badlands wrote: »

Well excuse me, it's not like I sat down in the middle of the dungeon having a burger and fries. I'm telling you what happened. Don't tell me to learn to play..I know how to play.so please get off your high horse.
  • daenidaeni
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 4,430
    edited October 30
    Every person does things differently. That's why we're unique here. If we all did things the same then life would be sterile and lacking in anything worthwhile. We are not clones so don't expect us to all be identical. :(
    What takes those of you criticizing here less time may take others a bit more. There is nothing wrong with this and stop making it so. Use the other human emotion. Empathy. :/
    Honeychyld
  • GreyciaGreycia
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 1,160
    edited October 30
    ^^Also, to be fair, if anyone is having trouble in Haunted Manor it might not be your fault. I was in there on Saturday. Firstly the game thought I was on a mount - not much good if you are using mana shield and want to see your mana bar rather than the stamina bar of an imaginary mount! :/ Then it thought I was in a different part of the manor than I actually was. So passages and stairways marked on the map were actually solid walls ;). Having navigated it fine before and since, I know it wasn't me. It might take"8 mins" to clear if everything is working correctly, but is it always..?
    daeniDjwaffleshotHoneychyld
  • FarantheaFaranthea
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 1,125
    edited November 2
    So does Torment only have a small chance to spawn after the bossfight, or does he spawn unlinked to the boss? I havent seen him yet either and I have been in the dungeon daily since it came out.