[ATTN NEW RIDERS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

You guys ninja nerf the event mount Pumpkin Coach?

ClearBlueSkyClearBlueSky
Riders of Icarus Rep: 1,875
edited October 30, 2017 in General Chat
During the last event, we got the Pumpkin Coach that sealed as :
Overall Attack 210-210
Overall Defense 300-300
All Attributes 29-29
I sealed it on my main already during the event and the stats remain the same.

I had an alt that I hadn't sealed yet cause I was still getting the gear I wanted and just got it today. So I went to seal it and it now shows up as :
Overall Attack 193-200
Health 370-380
All Attributes 23-24

Is this an unintended bug or is this an intentional nerf? I mean ninja changing stats on items a month after it's released and after people has farmed for it is not cool. Please tell me it's a bug.

Here is link to your event page : http://icarus.nexon.net/en/news/article/25543

@PuffyHuff

EDIT:
It looks like you guys also changed the buff on the event mount.

It use to be :
Overall Attack 35%,
Health 33%
Overall Defense 35%

Now its :
Overall Attack 34%
Health 30%
Move Speed 15%

There's already a ton of stuff with overall attack, health, and speed. What made it special was having overall attack, health, and defense as very few familiars have this. With the current seal stats and buff, I wouldn't have wasted my time farming them. Ninja nerfing them AFTER people farmed for them is really bad.
daeniKesstryl

Comments

• BobTheBlobBobTheBlob
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 5,165
    Forum Moderator
    edited October 30, 2017
    We will forward to the Devs to find out what exactly has happened. Maybe Puffy has some more information on this as well.
  • KesstrylKesstryl
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 4,775
    edited October 30, 2017
    I'm concerned as well, I loved the Overall Attack, Health, and Defense as this is the best combo of stats, and fully planned to get coaches on all my alts. If this was intended, then I won't bother.
  • daenidaeni
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 4,925
    edited October 30, 2017
    Kinda makes this a problem as well. if you're forced into extracting the older version, will it Nerf to the new one stats? Man i hope not but i'm not holding my breath here either. :(
  • ClearBlueSkyClearBlueSky
    edited October 30, 2017
    It's one thing to nerf it for the current event because people can just decide not to farm for them, but doing this on items already farmed and earned from the last event is like a slap in the face. If they don't want people to get more of these from the current event, they can just change the shop to offer a new nerfed version. But they shouldn't nerf existing items people already farmed for in the previous event.

@PuffyHuff
    edited October 30, 2017
    daeni wrote: »
    Kinda makes this a problem as well. if you're forced into extracting the older version, will it Nerf to the new one stats? Man i hope not but i'm not holding my breath here either. :(

I'm pretty sure it will have nerfed stats once you extract. I think the only reason slotted seals keep the old stats is because it is part of the armor once it's slotted, so you get whatever stats at the time you slot it.
  • BadlandsBadlands
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 900
    edited October 30, 2017
    Arent sandstorm stats as pet nerfed to?
  • TequilaRoseTequilaRose
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 770
    edited October 31, 2017
    Where can I find the winners to the screenshot contest?
  • TequilaRoseTequilaRose
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 770
    edited October 31, 2017
    Where can I find the winners to the screenshot contest?

nvm, i found it.
  • RuniRuni
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 3,925
    edited November 1, 2017
    Badlands wrote: »

can you maybe give more infos? or is it just a suspicion?
    edited November 3, 2017
    The following is a continuation from the livestream thread since it has been locked (presumably due to the livestream being over) and is actually related to this topic.
    http://forums.icarus.nexon.net/discussion/22463/livestream-halloween-livescream-10-31#Comment_70661
    Runi wrote :
    ClearBlueSky wrote:
    PuffyHuff wrote:
    These are all valid requests and I appreciate your input. I'm sad that we kind of had to figure out better ways to go about it after some trial and error :/
    In the future, we will do our absolute best to include as much information and as possible to prevent confusion and wasted time.
    Have you asked your team why it was nerfed? Was it an intended nerf or a bug? If it was intended, then why?

If it's because people can farm more of these in the current event and they don't want too many items with the original stats floating around, then they can just remove it as a reward in the current event and replace it with something else. That way they can restore the stats to it's original form and people who already farmed them don't get screwed.

Please forward this suggestion to your team. Thanks. (I EDITED the suggestion to make it more clear.)

---
    I also think Nexon should take responsibility for their actions. If they intended to nerf the familiar, they should have given us warning. I don't think they should say "Yeah we screwed up and forgot to mention we will be nerfing the rewards after the event ends, but you get to pay for our mistakes."
    just let them search and talk about. i myself dont think it was intention, i more think it was some kind of fail with the patching and the new 9-12 GB update....maybe they got an somehow old stat database and there it goes.
    But puffy already said there will be a post about all this and there you will find the info if it is a bug or if it was intended!

The post you replied to was a suggestion on how to deal with the problem of over supply of the original stats without actually nerfing the original stats. That suggestion only works if they implemented it soon, because the longer we wait the more items will be farmed and my suggestion will no longer be effective. That's why it was posted right away instead of waiting for them to search and talk about it. By the time puffy makes her post, it may be too late for my suggestion to matter.
  • GorduinGorduin
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 400
    edited November 1, 2017
    Its have more nerf i farmed it because its runspeed it was 12 now 11 and not get effected with his new 15% buff
  • BadlandsBadlands
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 900
    edited November 1, 2017
    Runi wrote: »

Im pretty sure at realse it was 44% attack not 41/40 what is now
    edited November 3, 2017
    One more thing ...
    Runi wrote :
    just let them search and talk about. i myself dont think it was intention, i more think it was some kind of fail with the patching and the new 9-12 GB update....maybe they got an somehow old stat database and there it goes.
    But puffy already said there will be a post about all this and there you will find the info if it is a bug or if it was intended!

The post she was referring to is already posted :
    http://forums.icarus.nexon.net/discussion/22493/knows-issues-and-updates-october-2017

And no, there is no mention of whether it is a bug or if it was intended. In fact there was no mention of the issue at all. (Maybe she hasn't finished editing it yet, so I'll wait and see.)

However everything she said so far in the livestream thread would suggest (though not explicitly stated) that it was intended rather than a bug.
  • NumendiilNumendiil
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 1,045
    edited November 2, 2017
    Runi wrote: »

Im pretty sure at realse it was 44% attack not 41/40 what is now

It only took me one minute to check the stats of Sandstorm the day it was released :

http://icarus.nexon.net/en/news/article/25291/ellora-s-shop-update-for-september-21

@Lvl60 : Overall Attack 40% / Health 41% / Overall Defense 43%

So NO, the stats of Sandstorm were not nerfed, please check your facts before posting on such topics otherwise you're just unnecessarily bulking the thread !

Thanks
    @Badlands
    edited November 3, 2017
    Some good news! We had some further discussions in the known issues thread and they will be bumping the stats back up to their original state :
    http://forums.icarus.nexon.net/discussion/22493/known-issues-and-updates-october-2017#Comment_70728
    PuffyHuff wrote: »
    Thanks @ClearBlueSky

I'll be sure to give the team this info, it's much appreciated!

Edit: After speaking with the team, it seems something was changed without us knowing( btw, thanks for your help hunting down the stats to compare the numbers). Since we stated that the stats were going to be one way, but they ended up being another, we are going to bump them back up to their original state and investigate how this happened in the first place. Thanks again ^^

NumendiilKesstryl
  • NumendiilNumendiil
    edited November 2, 2017
    Thanks for your dedication on solving this issue @ClearBlueSky ! Good job^^
    ClearBlueSky
  • NumendiilNumendiil
    edited November 10, 2017
    Well they indeed reverted the seal stone stats of the Pumpkin Coach to the original numbers, BUT they didn't revert back the passive buff of this mount... why ?

The original passive buff of the Pumpkin Coach @Lvl60 was (on October 3rd) :
    Overall Attack 35%,
    Health 33%
    Overall Defense 35%

(source : http://icarus.nexon.net/en/news/article/25543)

Since October 26th, the mount passive buff was changed to :
    Overall Attack 34%
    Health 30%
    Move Speed 15%

Why revert back the seal stone stats but not the mount passive buff ? The original buff was much better as what we now have, because as @ClearBlueSky wrote in the OP there are already so many pets with move speed !
    daeniKesstryl