[ATTN NEW RIDERS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Known Issues and Updates: October 2017

PuffyHuffPuffyHuff
Riders of Icarus Rep: 3,215
Administrator
edited November 2 in Official News
Since I did a mini "Known Issues and Update" earlier in October, I just carried that info over to this post and added new issues and information.

Known issues for the month of October 2017:

(NEW)Hotbar/hotkey issues: Several changes are going to be made to the hotbar and hotkeys to remedy some of the issues reported shortly after the update.
(NEW) Large Patch size: There were some discrepancies with the latest patch size as it was stated to be no more than 3.5GB, but users reported numbers ranging from 12GB to 20GB. This is being looked into with our engineering team.
Invalid State Error: This issue has been reported and it is currently still being investigated. For some, the error was caused by the over-use (spamming) of the ‘F’ key, while others receive the error under different methods. *
Continued Disconnections: After the initial disconnection fix, there are some users that are still experiencing this issue. Data is still being collected to pinpoint how this issue is similar, yet somehow differed from its predecessor.
Equipment Upgrading: We are working on existing and new systems to allow Riders to upgrade their equipment more efficiently. Additional details regarding these changes will be shared at a later time.
Generalized Latency: Users have reported latency issues (lag) in various areas of the game. Data is being gathered on this matter. *Latency is also a factor with the Invalid State error message.
RNG Transparency: We’re looking into ways to improving areas that are RNG heavy, from taking player feedback, to internally discussing the best approach. In terms of drop rate chances for items, we’re unable to reveal this information at this time.

(NEW)For the lack of communication regarding the update, we apologize for such and realize that it is best to provide too much information rather than too little. We will do our best to anticipate player needs and predict what might be useful in terms of information. Should anything be forgotten in the future, we can make regular edits to many web posts and update the community through forum announcements.

(NEW) It's also been brought to our attention that a public/community calendar might be helpful to map out what's going to happen, like maintenances. For instance, Windows Maintenance(similar to when your home PC ask you to restart to update) occurs every 2nd Tuesday of the month no matter what. The game doesn't always get updated with new content during this time and some users wonder why we're 'going down' for several hours if nothing is being added.

(NEW) The "We Want to Hear From You" thread has been closed and the feedback and suggestions will be looked at. Thanks again, everyone!

For information on any other bugs/issues, some of these may be addressed at a later time.
I would like to thank you all for your patience and for your reports as they have been very helpful. Please continue to report any issues that you are having to the proper channels. For those of you who have reported issues we were unaware of, we will be instating a ‘Bug Bounty’ type system where we will reward users for locating and successfully reproducing issues we were unaware of. The kinks are being worked out and a fully fleshed out plan is in the works.

Future Content:
(NEW)Later this month, 3-4 of the Mount Skin Designs will be released. More info will follow when it’s been made available!

VanStormTequilaRoseMinimueckeRuniAzymionDjwaffleshot

Comments

• GaalrauchGaalrauch
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 815
    edited November 2
    Hi, thanks for this post, hoping it will be updated often.

About news, we can see jewels refining stone in the daily gifts calendar, can you tell us if these stones are now lootable ? Can we have some information about the other new improvement stones ? (the ones we get on day 15 and 22) This information can be very helpful to know the ealier possible, right know I don't know if we should keep buy/craft stuff or if we should remain with our current stuff and wait for the stones to improve it. Thanks.
    AzymionPuffyHuff
  • AzymionAzymion
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 1,445
    edited November 2
    Thanks for the info! Hopefully those skins look amazing in game
    PuffyHuff
  • ClearBlueSkyClearBlueSky
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 1,610
    edited November 2
    Hi,

In the recent livestream thread, you mentioned that you will address the nerfed event familiar stats issue in this thread. However, I see no mention of it anywhere. Do you still plan to address it here or are you planning to address it in a separate thread?
    http://forums.icarus.nexon.net/discussion/22463/livestream-halloween-livescream-10-31

PuffyHuff wrote:
    ClearBlueSky wrote:
    PuffyHuff wrote:
    ClearBlueSky wrote:
    Looks like I missed it and when I click on Latest Video it just hangs there. Did they talk about the event rewards and if so can someone do a quick recap on this? I'm most interested in stats for the 2 new Halloween event famiilars and also if anything was said about the old nerfed familiar.
    We didn't go over any in-game stats. The stream was just for fun to celebrate the contest winners and for the community join us and laugh. For any issues or information, we will have the October knows issues list going up early November (Will recap the previous month at the beginning of the next month). For the stat changes, I believe it was stated in previous patch notes/maintenance notices on the main site that some stats would change for event items once the event has ended.
    Hi, thanks for the reply.

Can you point out where it was stated that some stats would change for event items once the event has ended? If you guys intended to say this but forgot to mention it, then can you set it back to the old stats for even one day so that those of us who already farmed for the event items can use them in it's original form (since it's obviously not our fault if you forgot to mention this)?

Also, I have never seen this before in any game where event items have their stats changed after the event has ended. On top of that, the current event also gives out this same reward, so technically, the event for this item has not yet ended.

With regards to the 2 new event reward familiars, it is fairly standard in most games (and even in this one) to give stats/info at the start of the event so people will know whether they want to farm them. We are almost 1 week into the current event. Can we have an ETA on if or when we will get this info? And are these event rewards also subject to change after the event ends? If so, can you state what stats they will change into?

If this is going to be the way Nexon event rewards are headed, then I suggest providing both the "during event stats" and "after event stats" for the event rewards so we will know whether we want to farm them.

If I had known upfront that the event familiar would be nerfed into the current state, I would never have bothered farming them in the first place.

And finally, none of this is directed at you personally. You just happen to be the person who serves as the voice for Nexon. I want to make this clear cause I see a lot of posts trying to make it look like people are attacking you when they are just expressing their concerns with the game.
    Let em do a little digging to find something that states such. If I can't find any info (or even if I do) I'll be sure to include it in the Oct Knows Issues post soon.

These are all valid requests and I appreciate your input. I'm sad that we kind of had to figure out better ways to go about it after some trial and error :/
    In the future, we will do our absolute best to include as much information and as possible to prevent confusion and wasted time.

At this point it is still not 100% clear if it's intended or a bug. While I'm thinking it's most likely intended, there are still people thinking it's a bug. It's also not clear if anything will be done by Nexon to address this issue. You also have to consider that these event rewards are still available for farming in the current event and that there are still people farming them.
  • PuffyHuffPuffyHuff
    Administrator
    edited November 2
    At this point it is still not 100% clear if it's intended or a bug. While I'm thinking it's most likely intended, there are still people thinking it's a bug. It's also not clear if anything will be done by Nexon to address this issue. You also have to consider that these event rewards are still available for farming in the current event and that there are still people farming them.

http://icarus.nexon.net/en/news/article/25543/mischevious-halloween-events

"Please note that during the event period, the phantom familiars will have bolstered stats. Once the event ends, the stats of the familiars may be altered."

As far as any other Halloween themed Familiars that have altered stats, we did not make any changes to them on our end. We are investing this with WeMade to see if our documentation line up in the event that there are any discrepancies. If you have any images of the previous stats to compare with the current stats, feel free to submit them in a CS ticket.
    edited November 2
    PuffyHuff wrote: »

http://icarus.nexon.net/en/news/article/25543/mischevious-halloween-events

"Please note that during the event period, the phantom familiars will have bolstered stats. Once the event ends, the stats of the familiars may be altered."

As far as any other Halloween themed Familiars that have altered stats, we did not make any changes to them on our end. We are investing this with WeMade to see if our documentation line up in the event that there are any discrepancies. If you have any images of the previous stats to compare with the current stats, feel free to submit them in a CS ticket.

Thank you for the reply. I just want to point out that the issue in question is the Pumpkin Coach and not the phantom familiars.

As for previous stats, you already have it on your own official Oct Halloween Event post :
    http://icarus.nexon.net/en/news/article/25543
    Mount: Pumpkin Coach
    Max Level: 60
    Recommended Classes: All classes
    Comes with the following skills:
    Legendary Aura:
    - Provides resistance against all regional climate
    Pumpkin Festivity:
    - Level 1: Increases Overall Attack by 20%, Health by 19%, and Overall Defense by 21%
    - Level 60: Increases Overall Attack by 35%, Health by 33%, and Overall Defense by 35%

Seal Stone result at level 60:
    Overall Attack: 210
    Overall Defense: 300
    All Attributes: 29

The level 60 buff was changed from :
    Increases Overall Attack by 35%, Health by 33%, and Overall Defense by 35% (you can verify from above link)
    to :
    Overall Attack 34%, Health 30%, Move Speed 15% (you can verify in game now)

The level 60 seal was changed from :
    Overall Attack: 210, Overall Defense: 300, All Attributes: 29 (you can verify from above link)
    to :
    Overall Attack 193-200, Health 370-380, All Attributes 23-24 (you can verify in game now)

If any information I provided is not accurate, I'm sure there will be lots of people pointing it out.

You can also find out more info here :
    http://forums.icarus.nexon.net/discussion/22483/you-guys-ninja-nerf-the-event-mount-pumpkin-coach

Maybe you can ask your team if it's safe to assume it will be reverted back. Or at least get an ETA on when they can give us this info. The Pumpkin Coach is still available for farming in the current event. If I know it's stats will be reverted back to it's original form, then I would like to farm some more. :)
    PuffyHuff
  • PuffyHuffPuffyHuff
    Administrator
    edited November 2
    Thanks @ClearBlueSky

I'll be sure to give the team this info, it's much appreciated!

Edit: After speaking with the team, it seems something was changed without us knowing( btw, thanks for your help hunting down the stats to compare the numbers). Since we stated that the stats were going to be one way, but they ended up being another, we are going to bump them back up to their original state and investigate how this happened in the first place. Thanks again ^^
    ClearBlueSkydaeni
    edited November 2
    Thanks @ClearBlueSky

Edit: After speaking with the team, it seems something was changed without us knowing( btw, thanks for your help hunting down the stats to compare the numbers). Since we stated that the stats were going to be one way, but they ended up being another, we are going to bump them back up to their original state and investigate how this happened in the first place. Thanks again ^^

That sounds great!! Do you have an ETA on when you are going to bump it back up?
  • PuffyHuffPuffyHuff
    Administrator
    edited November 2
    Thanks @ClearBlueSky

That sounds great!! Do you have an ETA on when you are going to bump it back up?

As of right now, I do not. :T
    If a date becomes available, I will try to report it here.
  • GaalrauchGaalrauch
    edited November 2
    It seems my questions doesn't deserve an answer, even a "No idea about stones, I'll ask the team" or "infos are coming in a few days sorry that you have to wait", just to know at least you have read it. (maybe the problem is not the questions but me ? Was I too rude in other subjets ? xD)
    I'll keep an eye here just in case...
  • GreyciaGreycia
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 970
    edited November 3
    Gaalrauch wrote: »
    It seems my questions doesn't deserve an answer, even a "No idea about stones, I'll ask the team" or "infos are coming in a few days sorry that you have to wait", just to know at least you have read it. (maybe the problem is not the questions but me ? Was I too rude in other subjets ? xD)
    I'll keep an eye here just in case...
    No, it's not you - loads of people have asked this question in the Discord chat. Last time I looked they hadn't got an answer either.

The previous poster got an answer because he posted his question several times on at least 3 threads, and refused to give up. Good on him! :)

TBH if the mysterious stones are just some old toot that will take up a precious inventory slot and won't be useable until the game is upgraded (and works properly - not necessarily the same day based on current performance lol ) then I would not call them a 'reward'. More like a punishment! ;)

Fair enough, it's my choice whether to claim them or not - but they are not fulfilling their intended purpose...

EDIT - I see the Event Notes are up now. Yup: "introduced in a future update" and "a new system being added" with no timescale given...
    Fiona
  • GaalrauchGaalrauch
    edited November 3
    Ok, thanks Greycia, you rocks, thank you very much, a simple answer from you and I got some informations, I searched about ROI+discord, found the discord link and over there I finally found this link:
    http://icarus.nexon.net/fr/news/article/26221

This has been added 13 hours ago only ! .... Am I crazy or did I really read somewhere that we will receive more info because "too much is better than not enough" (something like this) ? We should have know about these stones sooner, particulary about this point " the Refining System will be under-going some changes to improve the system."
    Many players were still trying to refine their stuff with the current system and lose many golds and elluns to roll again and again bad stats. If only they had knew this before...
    Fiona
    edited November 7
    Thanks @ClearBlueSky

As of right now, I do not. :T
    If a date becomes available, I will try to report it here.

Any news on this? Can you check if it will make it into this week's maintenance/update?
    Wolfh0und
  • TwystedSoulzTwystedSoulz
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 630
    edited November 9
    OK PuffHuff . I absolutely love the communication you are seeking to build. It has very much increased my desire to play
    ZuNami
    edited November 17
    Thanks @ClearBlueSky

The seal stats for the Pumpkin Coach were restored to it's original state in last week's patch (thanks for the quick fix btw), but the buff stats were not restored. Was this intended?

The level 60 buff was originally changed from :
    Increases Overall Attack by 35%, Health by 33%, and Overall Defense by 35%
    to :
    Overall Attack 34%, Health 30%, Move Speed 15%
    ... but was not changed back.

IMO, the seal stats was the important one since the newer legendary event horse (abyssal coiste bodhar) has a similar but better buff, so I'm not too concerned myself. But it just seems odd that only the seal stats were restored and not the buff stats on the Pumpkin Coach. Plus those who do not have the legendary horse may care about this.