[ATTN NEW RIDERS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
Known Issues and Updates: October 2017
Since I did a mini "Known Issues and Update" earlier in October, I just carried that info over to this post and added new issues and information.
Known issues for the month of October 2017:
• (NEW)Hotbar/hotkey issues: Several changes are going to be made to the hotbar and hotkeys to remedy some of the issues reported shortly after the update.
• (NEW) Large Patch size: There were some discrepancies with the latest patch size as it was stated to be no more than 3.5GB, but users reported numbers ranging from 12GB to 20GB. This is being looked into with our engineering team.
• Invalid State Error: This issue has been reported and it is currently still being investigated. For some, the error was caused by the over-use (spamming) of the ‘F’ key, while others receive the error under different methods. *
• Continued Disconnections: After the initial disconnection fix, there are some users that are still experiencing this issue. Data is still being collected to pinpoint how this issue is similar, yet somehow differed from its predecessor.
• Equipment Upgrading: We are working on existing and new systems to allow Riders to upgrade their equipment more efficiently. Additional details regarding these changes will be shared at a later time.
• Generalized Latency: Users have reported latency issues (lag) in various areas of the game. Data is being gathered on this matter. *Latency is also a factor with the Invalid State error message.
• RNG Transparency: We’re looking into ways to improving areas that are RNG heavy, from taking player feedback, to internally discussing the best approach. In terms of drop rate chances for items, we’re unable to reveal this information at this time.
(NEW)For the lack of communication regarding the update, we apologize for such and realize that it is best to provide too much information rather than too little. We will do our best to anticipate player needs and predict what might be useful in terms of information. Should anything be forgotten in the future, we can make regular edits to many web posts and update the community through forum announcements.
(NEW) It's also been brought to our attention that a public/community calendar might be helpful to map out what's going to happen, like maintenances. For instance, Windows Maintenance(similar to when your home PC ask you to restart to update) occurs every 2nd Tuesday of the month no matter what. The game doesn't always get updated with new content during this time and some users wonder why we're 'going down' for several hours if nothing is being added.
(NEW) The "We Want to Hear From You" thread has been closed and the feedback and suggestions will be looked at. Thanks again, everyone!
For information on any other bugs/issues, some of these may be addressed at a later time.
I would like to thank you all for your patience and for your reports as they have been very helpful. Please continue to report any issues that you are having to the proper channels. For those of you who have reported issues we were unaware of, we will be instating a ‘Bug Bounty’ type system where we will reward users for locating and successfully reproducing issues we were unaware of. The kinks are being worked out and a fully fleshed out plan is in the works.
(NEW)Later this month, 3-4 of the Mount Skin Designs will be released. More info will follow when it’s been made available!