[ATTN NEW RIDERS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
Closed

[COMPLETE]Scheduled Maintenance - November 2, 2017

PuffyHuffPuffyHuff
Riders of Icarus Rep: 3,215
Administrator
edited November 2 in Official News
We will be performing a scheduled maintenance on Thursday, November 2, 2017. We anticipate the maintenance to last approximately 2 hours. Please note that the estimated length of time for each maintenance is subject to change without notification.

Thanks for your patience!

Time:
November 2, 2017
  • Pacific Daylight Time: 8:00 AM – 10:00 AM
  • Eastern Daylight Time: 10:00 AM – 1:00 PM
  • Central European Time: 4:00 PM – 7:00 PM
  • Australian Eastern Daylight Time: 12:00 AM – 3:00 AM [November 3]

Website login and the billing system will be unavailable during the following times. During these time you will not be able to purchase NX or view previous purchases:
  • Pacific Daylight Time: 8:00 AM – 9:30 AM
  • Eastern Daylight Time: 10:00 AM – 12:30 AM
  • Central European Time: 4:00 PM – 6:30 PM
  • Australian Eastern Daylight Time: 12:00 AM – 2:30 AM [November 3]

What will be unavailable:
All Riders of Icarus game servers.

Details:
Allowed the ability to set a bind to the additional expanded slots.
Re-ordered the basic, quick, and expanded slots under the keybind settings.
Bug Fixes:
Addressed an issue that would reset player set hotkeys on login.

October Knows Issues: http://forums.icarus.nexon.net/discussion/22493
SpacianKnightAzymion

Comments

• BadlandsBadlands
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 900
    edited November 1
    Why u start it 4:00 pm u dont let EU players play gamę again.
  • YllmathirYllmathir
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 5,845
    edited November 2
    Really bad timing guys.. I agree with Badlands that your choice of downtime for EU players it's really bad.
    Twistah
  • PuffyHuffPuffyHuff
    Administrator
    edited November 2
    Badlands wrote: »
    Yllmathir wrote: »
    Really bad timing guys.. I agree with Badlands that your choice of downtime for EU players it's really bad.

Well, with users from different parts of the world, it's bound to be a 'bad time' for at least a few regions. We would rather go down at one time rather than have separate maintenances from each time zone that may last up to 5 hours EACH. >_<
  • YllmathirYllmathir
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 5,845
    edited November 2
    PuffyHuff wrote: »

Well, with users from different parts of the world, it's bound to be a 'bad time' for at least a few regions. We would rather go down at one time rather than have separate maintenances from each time zone that may last up to 5 hours EACH. >_<

I perfectly understand that for you its better this way than making it separate, but you could at least alternate timings in a way that one week goes "better" for EU and vice versa the next week. In this way you don't give much discomfort to only one side. ;)

What about trying to anticipate the downtime? At 12:00 PM CET you are making NA server down at 4:00 AM PDT, 6:00 AM EDT, 8:00 AM Australian Time.. Even if the down takes 4-5 hours, at worst is up at 5PM CET, 9AM PDT, 11AM EDT, 13AM Australian.

Take it as feedback and consider how many downtime we had recently which lasted hours and hours.. Since you are running ALSO a SHOP with timed objects and such you should also keep in mind this aspect for all your players. If we were talking about a totally free game then nobody could tell to you guys anything, but since there are payments involved you HAVE to consider also this point of view. :)

Thanks for your attention! o:)
    daeniTwistahPuffyHuffAzymion
  • daenidaeni
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 4,305
    edited November 2
    I'll be honest here. I'm more a morning person and play between 8:00am and 4:00pm PST, Soon PDT. W/e the times are...well the earlier the better. and rotating it...well why not run a pole of this, see what happens. the worst thing they decide is no. The best would be to shift it so others get a fair rotation. My opinion though. :D
    PuffyHuff
  • BadlandsBadlands
    edited November 2
    PuffyHuff wrote: »

Do you even live in EU? You know ppl are backing from work at these time ??? This is one of maybe 2-3 games that make update not in mortning but in afternoon. Difrence beetween most EU countries are 1-2h.
    Make separate time for maintance in EU and NA we are not 1 server please... I lose premium time every 1 patch day each week thats 4-5 total.

Also u didn't warn about another reset skills GJ . I don't care. It's 15 sec work but I saw many ppl angry last time already.
    No compensate for these things(DC,skills miss, not working F5-F7 and when you make game down(today) only cause of your mistake. Don't get me wrong I like you, when you started working here game start changing for good but more stuff shouldn't mean these massive bugs,dc ect
  • daenidaeni
    edited November 2
  • PuffyHuffPuffyHuff
    Administrator
    edited November 2
    I perfectly understand that for you its better this way than making it separate, but you could at least alternate timings in a way that one week goes "better" for EU and vice versa the next week. In this way you don't give much discomfort to only one side. ;)
    daeni wrote: »
    I'll be honest here. I'm more a morning person and play between 8:00am and 4:00pm PST, Soon PDT. W/e the times are...well the earlier the better. and rotating it...well why not run a pole of this, see what happens. the worst thing they decide is no. The best would be to shift it so others get a fair rotation. My opinion though. :D

We will absolutely takes these suggestions into consideration. ^^
    I will forward it to the team and perhaps we can come up with something to help users plan play around downtime. Thanks you two!
  • BadlandsBadlands
    edited November 2
    daeni wrote: »

Well you are morning person who work at night i think. But much more people work at day + kids have school
  • daenidaeni
    edited November 2
    True that's why it wouldn't bother me much one way. :D
  • Awelyn2Awelyn2
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 255
    edited November 2
    So just a heads up, I said this in the last update about the UI and I will say it again on this one.. MY UI DOES NOT HOLD WHEN I ADJUST IT ON SCREEN. What I mean is when i position where i want everything to be and confirm and save the locations.. I log out of the game and when I relog back on a different character or the same one, everything ends up back in weird spots and i have to edit my UI again to put things back where I want them. I have to do this every time! I will attach pictures later of what I mean, unfortunately I am just home for lunch right now.. I will add I play this game in 3840x2160 which is 4k in lame-mans terms. So if you have the UI only optimized for 1920x1080 then you need to understand there are some of us who aren't holding onto old technology ;) Please fix this. I will add pictures later of exactly what I am talking about.
    PuffyHuffZuNami
  • Awelyn2Awelyn2
    edited November 2
    Ok so I am posting 3 pics. first is of me just logging in and how my screen layout was after logging in now.. keep in mind earlier I did set my screen.. second is how I re-organized my screen and how I want it to look and me APPLYING this so it sticks.. I log out and the third pic is of how my UI changed to something different after re-logging in. notice the first and third pics are not the same.. my buffs usually do go back to behind the mini map, but everything else kinda goes where it wants to.. I have to fix this every time.. on every character.. I have 6 I use.. you can see how annoying this is..
  • Awelyn2Awelyn2
    edited November 2
    well my pictures wouldn't post unfortunately :/
This discussion has been closed.