[ATTN NEW RIDERS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Coiste Bothar

KaikoonKaikoon
Riders of Icarus Rep: 1,480
edited November 5 in Mount Collection and Combat
Meanwhile I have 19 Heroic and 10 Legendary Marks, but the Horse simply wont spawn.
Why does this Horse never spawn @PuffyHuff?
Tacypoc

Comments

• daenidaeni
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 4,305
    edited November 5
    When this was running last year on three characters i was lucky enough to get it on two. To be honest though i have seen less taming announcements these past few days, not sure if those that are running the event for the dice are just killing it. If you're running one dungeon more than others it does increase your odds a bit.
    Though i have been off the servers more than usual. :D Lol
  • YllmathirYllmathir
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 5,845
    edited November 5
    I remember last year I didn't got any chance to even spot one of those horses and only at the almost end of the event I got 2x in a day.
    Its just luck, but keep try! Go lavalight and run it 10x, if no luck go carleon and do the same until you find him. :D
    daeni
  • NeoseptemNeoseptem
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 1,770
    edited November 5
    Same, I've been running LLC, CM and Matren heroic a couple times a day for coins and so far I've encountered Coiste maybe half a dozen times during last week.
    His spawn chance seems to be around 5%, at least from my experience. Same with Abyssal Coiste, took me three days running every legendary lv40 and 50 once for him to spawn for the first time.
    At least both are really easy to tame.
  • zzFENRIRzzzzFENRIRzz
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 410
    edited November 5
    Kaikoon wrote: »
    Meanwhile I have 19 Heroic and 10 Legendary Marks, but the Horse simply wont spawn.

Is just luck... i already have 4 coister legendary and i still have 5 marks just play...
  • TophattedLatiosTophattedLatios
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 740
    edited November 6
    Yeah the spawn chance is pretty low, seen it only once and by that time i already had 23 marks from dullahan kills.
  • AlzayzAlzayz
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 300
    edited November 6
    It's just a really low spawn, from what I can see. I ran Lavalight and Carleon 10x without seeing him, then the next day I did Lavalight and saw him the first time...haven't seen him since.
  • PuffyHuffPuffyHuff
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 3,215
    Administrator
    edited November 6
    Kaikoon wrote: »

It does spawn, but the chance rate isn't high. It's very rare when it appears.
  • YllmathirYllmathir
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 5,845
    edited November 9
    Neoseptem wrote: »
    Same, I've been running LLC, CM and Matren heroic a couple times a day for coins and so far I've encountered Coiste maybe half a dozen times during last week.
    His spawn chance seems to be around 5%, at least from my experience. Same with Abyssal Coiste, took me three days running every legendary lv40 and 50 once for him to spawn for the first time.
    At least both are really easy to tame.

Spotted abyssal more often in FK-CM.. Could be me but those two seems to have the highest chance so far. Also last year I've got the horses from FK.
    This year I could get it 3x from CM Legi.

@PuffyHuff
    I know it's late for saying this but at CM L1 Dullahan strike for 12k-39k (which is more or less FK L2-L3 strikes). In fact both RoM and LLC strike for 6-8k. He just strike a little higher while is mounted but barely 11-12k.
    Another thing.. In CM once you open the main door and you make a single step you simply get oneshotted (or almost) if he is mounted. xD
    You should really tune this guy in CM 'cause seem way too much OP even in L1..
  • SayjjSayjj
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 1,140
    edited November 18
    This is supposed to be an "event", but right now it seems more like a kick to balls. My wife and I ran 20 dungeons today, and did not see one horse in legendary. We havent seen the heroic horse for the last few days as well. I dont know what they are thinking making the spawn rate so low, unless they want to frustrate players and drive them away.
  • daenidaeni
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 4,305
    edited 8:12AM
    Last year the rate was worse. On three+ characters i ran it daily, and was able to only tame it on my main. The rate of spawning then for the heroic since they hadn't added the legendary one, was really low. The taming was a bit worse or at least it seemed so.

On my characters i had over 20 marks each by the end so that should give some idea as to that fail. Doesn't seem like they did much this year to improve it, but i was able to tame it when i did see it so maybe they did do something... The blessed RnG spawn/tame black-hole is working fine as usual. :/

The legendary one, well that's where it fell down for me. I ran it when i could find a party and not once did we see any spawn.The legendary dungeon was hard enough w/o having to worry about not getting a spawn as well. Maybe they should have had a turn in for the blasted marks i got so at least you could get a mount after spending 10-15 marks or have it be something you could have turned in for the Candy instead of offering the Pumpkin Couch Mount again.