[ATTN NEW RIDERS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
Closed

[COMPLETE] Scheduled Maintenance - Dec 20, 2017

Comments

  • GeminiBlackroseGeminiBlackrose
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 850
    Posts: 39
    Member
    edited December 30, 2017
    Thornleif wrote: »
    Quest to get the Sainted Festive Reindeer???????????????????????

    First of all, question marks do not live in packs.
    Secondly, you can get the Mark from the Quest in Hakains Crossing, Victory Plaza (West) for killing the big Rabbini at the Plaza

    my computer my time my way of typing don't like it don't read my question. got it!
    daeni
  • daenidaeni
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 4,825
    Posts: 502
    Member
    edited December 31, 2017
    To be honest how the rabbini spawns is one of the few issues i have with these current events. Only one obvious respawn point makes it impossible for anyone other than those camped out for it to kill it.
    And two; only one sure means of getting A dice a day....well that's been an issue since they started it.
    Now while i can understand the reasoning why they did it at first, now it's become kinda old and pointless, not to mention it shows no one is even trying to fix this problem of having the game fail or freezing....

    That was i'm sure the first reason they went to this version after the trouble a few months ago when they first went to this type of event system.
    Now they seriously need to fix this issue or come up with something that works for all and not just for those that having little or nothing better to do. I mean really, seeing people camped out waiting for the Rabbit to spawn....? Seriously?
    As for the Sainted reindeer event this year...well the version of it from last years event was better, and really using RnG to give out possible marks for this on the dice game when most can't even get a chance to kill the rabbit or get one from the daily quest .....well it's kinda something that will piss off more than it satisfies. Since you can't trade them, sell the seal, this shows more than a little stinginess from those that created this event.

    Seriously, people you attract more flies with honey than vinegar. These events all should be accessible to every player, not just those i mentioned above. ;)
    GeminiBlackroseKheyRieihdiusGrizzlyUKGreycia
  • RieihdiusRieihdius
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 650
    Posts: 30
    Member
    edited January 1, 2018
    daeni wrote: »
    To be honest how the rabbini spawns is one of the few issues i have with these current events. Only one obvious respawn point makes it impossible for anyone other than those camped out for it to kill it.
    And two; only one sure means of getting A dice a day....well that's been an issue since they started it.
    Now while i can understand the reasoning why they did it at first, now it's become kinda old and pointless, not to mention it shows no one is even trying to fix this problem of having the game fail or freezing....

    That was i'm sure the first reason they went to this version after the trouble a few months ago when they first went to this type of event system.
    Now they seriously need to fix this issue or come up with something that works for all and not just for those that having little or nothing better to do. I mean really, seeing people camped out waiting for the Rabbit to spawn....? Seriously?
    As for the Sainted reindeer event this year...well the version of it from last years event was better, and really using RnG to give out possible marks for this on the dice game when most can't even get a chance to kill the rabbit or get one from the daily quest .....well it's kinda something that will piss off more than it satisfies. Since you can't trade them, sell the seal, this shows more than a little stinginess from those that created this event.

    Seriously, people you attract more flies with honey than vinegar. These events all should be accessible to every player, not just those i mentioned above. ;)

    100% agree on this.

    I completly understand that there should be events and dungeons targeting the veterans and hadrcore players. But why make Christmas events so annoying.
    Just as you said it should be targeting everyone. I remember the old rabbini events it needed a lot of people to kill the boss, yes sometimes it would take time to do it, but at least most of people had a chance to get near the boss and hit it a couple of times.
    This new sainted rabbini boss on the other hand is more like a legendary tame: There is always a few "dedicated" people that get it, while the regular players are not even able to see it.
    Also agree on the raideer marks problem. I have 3 characters on this account so far: 1 max level assasin, 1 low level priest and 1 low level wizard.
    I do dice event on 2 of them since priest is too low to even get some of the quests. The irony of this is that my priest was the only one that got one of those marks from a free roll from dice event. But since he is just level 12 of course he failed the tame :D
    Assasin that does dice dailies every day never got any mark, same with wizard.

    If we add that aparantly they did some big nerf to some of the old events like fishing among others, there is not much to do anymore aside from spire and some raid dungeons that i never do since almost always the squads for those are already formed since ages.
    I really dont undesrtand the reasoning behind all these changes, I mean they should be trying to bring people back or at least to keep their current playerbase, not to drag them away from the game.
    Greyciadaeni
  • GreyciaGreycia
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 1,330
    Posts: 59
    Member
    edited January 2, 2018
    I don't understand the stinginess at Christmas. It's supposed to be the season of goodwill and gift giving. I've been playing this game since the beginning of August and there have always been nice little events up until now. Heck, we even got a generous crop of gifts on 22 November apropos of nothing (I don't think that's a 'special day' is it? When's Thanksgiving?). Even Black Friday was 'celebrated' with fated marks and cheap pets in the shop.

    But for Christmas - nothing extra, zip, nada. Not even a 'Merry Christmas' from our Community Manager or the moderators. That's on top of the unfeasibly hard events.

    I find this mean-spiritedness really off-putting. It's certainly put me off spending any more money on this game, and pretty much putting me off playing it unless we get some more rewarding events for Chinese New Year, Valentine's Day, World Sleep Day or whatever else Nexon deems more important than Christmas...
    ZuNami
  • Arctic_RavenArctic_Raven
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 585
    Posts: 11
    Member
    edited January 2, 2018


    Greycia wrote: »
    I don't understand the stinginess at Christmas. It's supposed to be the season of goodwill and gift giving. I've been playing this game since the beginning of August and there have always been nice little events up until now. Heck, we even got a generous crop of gifts on 22 November apropos of nothing (I don't think that's a 'special day' is it? When's Thanksgiving?). Even Black Friday was 'celebrated' with fated marks and cheap pets in the shop.

    But for Christmas - nothing extra, zip, nada. Not even a 'Merry Christmas' from our Community Manager or the moderators. That's on top of the unfeasibly hard events.

    I find this mean-spiritedness really off-putting. It's certainly put me off spending any more money on this game, and pretty much putting me off playing it unless we get some more rewarding events for Chinese New Year, Valentine's Day, World Sleep Day or whatever else Nexon deems more important than Christmas...

    Sadly it's not cool or politically correct anymore to wish people a "Merry Christmas". I would hope that it was just an oversight in the excitement of celebrating the holiday with their loved ones that they forgot about us ... the customers that pay their pay checks. If they were just being politically correct...then that is just downright pathetic.
    ZuNamiGreycia
  • BobTheBlobBobTheBlob
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 5,165
    Posts: 610
    Forum Moderator
    edited January 2, 2018
    There have been posts in the official Discord, Facebook, and Twitter.

    As for events, You may have found it hard, others found it easy, others were just all over the place on how difficult it was. Feedback about the event have been taken and hopefully be used in the future for events to make it so more players enjoy playing then, personally, I found them annoying at times and yes it would most likely be much nicer if it was slightly less annoying and enjoyable to do.
  • Arctic_RavenArctic_Raven
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 585
    Posts: 11
    Member
    edited January 2, 2018
    BobTheBlob wrote: »
    There have been posts in the official Discord, Facebook, and Twitter.
    .

    Interesting. I guess it will come as a surprise to you that some people do not bother with Facebook or Twitter, nor use Discord. That being said, I only bother with the forums looking for pertinent or helpful info at times. If the forums can't be maintained with the same timely postings as your other social media, then why even have them.
    ZuNamiyvadimGreyciaMinimuecke
  • HitlanoHitlano
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 1,235
    Posts: 68
    Member
    edited January 3, 2018
    When will be new content? :)
  • StormeKatStormeKat
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 200
    Posts: 3
    Member
    edited January 4, 2018
    What the heck is with these stupid bombs? They don't WORK! Why do they only hit like 1 in every fifteen to twenty? I had NINE, was the only one hitting the stupid Sainted Rabbini and not a ONE hit. And I was told we have to hit the stupid thing twice. How am I supposed to finish this quest when those bombs are crap?
This discussion has been closed.