[ATTN NEW RIDERS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
Closed

[COMPLETE] Scheduled Maintenance - Feb 15, 2018

NXACuddlesNXACuddles
Riders of Icarus Rep: 36,920
Administrator
edited February 15 in Official News
We will be performing a scheduled maintenance on Thursday, February 15, 2018. We anticipate the maintenance to last approximately 5 hours. Please note that the estimated length of time for each maintenance is subject to change without notification.

Thanks for your patience!

Time:

February 15, 2018
  • Pacific Standard Time: 5:00 AM – 10:00 AM
  • Eastern Standard Time: 8:00 AM – 1:00 AM
  • Central European Time: 2:00 PM – 7:00 PM
  • Australian Eastern Daylight Time: 10:00 PM – 3:00 AM [February 16]

Website login and the billing system will be unavailable during the following times. During these time you will not be able to purchase NX or view previous purchases:
  • Pacific Standard Time: 5:00 AM – 9:30 AM
  • Eastern Standard Time: 8:00 AM – 12:30 PM
  • Central European Time: 2:00 PM – 6:30 PM
  • Australian Eastern Daylight Time: 10:00 PM – 2:30 AM [December 15

What will be unavailable:
  • All Riders of Icarus game servers.

Details:
  • General server upkeep
  • Patch to resolve reported issues
  • Compensation for server issues on 2/9
  • Address issue with February Calendar and Dice Event reset

Resolved issues:
  • The Mount: Plush Karasha item from the Celestia Lucky Box will now be tradeable
  • Legendary Extractors in Writ shop have been corrected

Comments

• PhilosoapPhilosoap
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 2,615
    edited February 15
    So all the process we made with the dice event will be resettet today...? If we already completed 3/5 rounds of the game we will be set back to zero? Please don't tell me thats what gonna happen... :|
  • AshtarinAshtarin
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 450
    edited February 15
    really??
    after a week,
    roll dice event will be resettet today ??
    It's a joke
  • kattikatti
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 200
    edited February 15
    it's the easiest way, you do not have to think and players like fish do not have voice
  • GhotikGhotik
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 490
    edited February 15
    some players will get rewards twice,
    some will not get anything
    very clever
    daeni
  • YllmathirYllmathir
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 7,180
    edited February 15
    No words..
    ZuNamiGrizzlyUK
  • VanoaVanoa
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 960
    edited February 15
    bis wann is den nu server down , dieses pm und am macht mich irre ;D, kann man nicht schreiben Uhr ?
  • oOSphinxOooOSphinxOo
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 500
    edited February 15
    Vanoa wrote: »
    bis wann is den nu server down , dieses pm und am macht mich irre ;D, kann man nicht schreiben Uhr ?

ich würde mal sagen 19uhr ^^ weil 7:00pm ist 19uhr

mfg
  • VanoaVanoa
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 960
    edited February 15
    danke ;D habs eben auch raus bekommen aber warum so lange heute serverwartung Oo
  • daenidaeni
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 4,785
    edited February 15
    Ghotik wrote: »
    very clever

Well, my luck with this event is always the same. I spend most of the time getting stuck between the minus 4 and the random rewards so i end up not finishing it at all.
    If i get two of the total rewards for it...well i consider myself 'lucky'. Lol
    GrizzlyUK
  • GrizzlyUKGrizzlyUK
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 4,870
    edited February 15
    daeni wrote: »
    Ghotik wrote: »
    very clever

Well, my luck with this event is always the same. I spend most of the time getting stuck between the minus 4 and the random rewards so i end up not finishing it at all.
    If i get two of the total rewards for it...well i consider myself 'lucky'. Lol

I'd be surprised if anyone said they never get stuck at those two -4 corners. All 6 of my characters get stuck at one or both of those corners at least once, wouldn't be so bad if you just went back four and then rolled higher to get past it, but once I hit one of those two -4 corners I just go forward 4 to land on it again, so back 4 again! If I recall correctly the worst I've had was four days in a row just going forward four to then go back four! These sort of things should always be fun but those two -4 corners can just remove any sense of "fun" and leave you wondering just why are you bothering with it anymore! :(

EDIT: Just checked the News Article for todays maintenance and it has extra information under the Details section:

Details:

- General server upkeep
    - Patch to resolve reported issues
    - Compensation for NA server issues on 2/9
    - Address issue with February Calendar and Dice Event reset
    -- Calendar properly set for users experiencing issues
    -- Raken experienced issues with Dice Event not resetting
    -- Dice Event has been reset for all Riders on Raken
    -- All affected Riders will also receive 24 Event Rolls to compensate for the reset
    daeni
  • AzymionAzymion
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 1,975
    edited February 15
    Every dice event goes wrong in some way, like....no words.
    ZuNamiNeoseptemdaeni
  • YllmathirYllmathir
    edited February 19
    Last event:
    2 character of 3 stuck at 3rd stage, one completed in the morning before maintenance (with lucky rolls) the last stage
    This Event:
    2 character of 3 stuck at 3rd stage, one still stuck at 2nd (happened to roll 4/-4 and 3/1/-4 and the day after again 4/-4)

I'd say.. you should leave empty those -4 spots (no reward, no penalty) and let people enjoy your event. If happens to go on random reward spot ok, but I think people would prefer being able to complete event in time and let rolls go smootly.
    And again, please remove:
    • heroic token
    • heroic seal stone
    • legendary seal stone
    Market and drops give lot of them that really we don't need to get untradable/unsellable version of them. Give instead:
    • Outfits
    • Legendary extractors / +5 legendary extractors
    • Extra dice
    • Legendary Seal Token
    • Honing stones
    • 7/14d Golden Rods
    All these rewards should be untradable ofc but give us something we don't find in game very often. Keep in mind that certain things are really needed in your game 'cause drop suck most of the times, so why don't use these events to give to your players a bit of joy and satisfaction?
    ZuNamiNeoseptemdaeniAzymionGrizzlyUK
  • NeoseptemNeoseptem
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 2,235
    edited February 19
    Yllmathir wrote: »
    Market and drops give lot of them that really we don't need to get untradable/unsellable version of them. Give instead:
    • Outfits
    • Legendary extractors / +5 legendary extractors
    • Extra dice
    • Legendary Seal Token
    • Honing stones
    • 7/14d Golden Rods
    All these rewards should be untradable ofc but give us something we don't find in game very often. Keep in mind that certain things are really needed in your game 'cause drop suck most of the times, so why don't use these events to give to your players a bit of joy and satisfaction?

I'd like to add that you CAN get Outfits, Extra Dice, Legendary Seal Tokens and Honing Stones from random fields but they are very very very rare. Sadly. :/
    Otherwise completly agree, the stuff you get most from random fiels are the items you don't need at all.

daeni
  • YllmathirYllmathir
    edited February 19
    Neoseptem wrote: »
    I'd like to add that you CAN get Outfits, Extra Dice, Legendary Seal Tokens and Honing Stones from random fields but they are very very very rare. Sadly. :/
    Otherwise completly agree, the stuff you get most from random fiels are the items you don't need at all.

Ye i know we can find some of these good rewards, but dunno your luck but I get often (very often) heroic seal stone, or heroic token. Basically even if we have good stuff we get often trash instead :)
    By removing -4 spot, we couldn't reach the random reward spot very often, so they could simply remove bad rewards and let players having the good one when and if we happen to roll and reach the reward spot.
  • CreamCream
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 21,865
    Forum Moderator, Council Member
    edited February 19
    I will collect all the information provided here and forward it to the team, Riders! Thank you for the feedback!

Edit: I personally don't mind this event -4 completely since I get a chance for the outfit with buffs! I surely can stack a few of those for the future!!! B)
  • NeoseptemNeoseptem
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 2,235
    edited February 20
    Yllmathir wrote: »
    Ye i know we can find some of these good rewards, but dunno your luck but I get often (very often) heroic seal stone, or heroic token. Basically even if we have good stuff we get often trash instead :)
    By removing -4 spot, we couldn't reach the random reward spot very often, so they could simply remove bad rewards and let players having the good one when and if we happen to roll and reach the reward spot.

Believe me my luck is as good (or bad) as yours. I'm doing the dice event on my four characters since I want the mount for all of them.
    And the best reward I've gotten from a random field was a Familiar Full Growth Potion. I've seen the other stuff but never gotten it.^^

This discussion has been closed.