[ATTN NEW RIDERS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

20k + DPS. How to reach it?

tachavtachav
Riders of Icarus Rep: 610
edited February 28 in Class Discussion
Hi to all. I play a priest on acaldus server. My set is alsacian and the weapon is tempered to 25. All the armor has 3 slots and all the slots are filled with legendary seals (mostly overall attack/health/all attributes seals). i use nehers crossbow also 3 slots filled with legendary seals but my dps on mount with crossbow is about 15k. What can i do so i can reach 20k and be able to join parties that require so high dps? thanks in advance

Comments

• YllmathirYllmathir
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 7,050
    edited March 1
    Seals do for sure a great part for building dps, but INT is the most higher value you need to consider. In addition which seals and with which values are we talking about?
    And which gems are u wearing on bracelet? VII+? And how many? 3 or 4?
    Is your crest m.atk% *3? And which values?
    Which is your total INT?
    Does your gear have any trascending level? 3/5 gives already a good plus.

Last question.. Which mount are we talking about?

A part that you should know that Nerh legendary can't be tempered over +10, this mean that you are losing % buff from +13/17/20/25..
    As general consideration you need around 5.5k+ Int.
  • NeoseptemNeoseptem
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 2,125
    edited March 1
    I'm a priest as well and have ~25k mounted crossbow damage with only +15 Elder crossbow (even more with full party Alsas buff).
    As Yllmathir said you need a lot of Int/m.att on your armor to reach that kind of damage as well as a good mount. Check your stats and look where you can improve something. Also your scepter dps doesn't matter for mounted combat only it's seals and green stats. Your damage comes from mounted weapon.
    Ancient jewelry set helps as well since you get a 15% overall attack boost.
    Nerhes crossbow is okay since it has the same dps as a +20 one if I'm correct. Yes you loose the % buff but that doesn't matter much if your equip isn't tempered +20 or higher.
    Do you include buffs like Ellora, the 5min one as well as food/potions as well? Normally we buff a bit for Attaius for faster times.
    Also don't forget your talents. If you don't have Intelligence stat limit removal unlocked your Intelligence will be capped at sme point.

On a side note, as a priest your dps is mostly irrelevant since your main job is to spam Healing Glow. HP is more important so you don't die after Astronomical Rage or blue/red spheres.

Just for comparison I have:
    - Armor/Scepter tripple Int 5/5 (one part still 4/5)
    - Crest 2x m.att, Int 3/5
    - Ancient Set, neck 2x m.att
    - 2x VIII and 1x VII m.att gems
    - +15 Elder Crossbow (cast., m.att still 1/5)
    - 8x Runelon +5, 5x Rev. Sainted Daveen, rest Radan/Aidus/that Carriage thing from event
    - Intelligence stat limit removal unlocked
    - Benotien as mount (45% overall attack)
    Haoma
  • tachavtachav
    edited March 3
    thanks for replying. the seals i have are carriages and legendary horses from the events, radan and some aidus. Unforunatelly only a few pieces from my armor have 1*int cause so far i was very unlucky with the refining stones. I will try to have more seals like aidus or radan. The problem is that without joining parties like attaius i have very limited access to good drops so i can upgrade my armor or transform them to gold so i can buy more refining stones or a better armor. As ffor bracelet i have a 3 slot with VI int stones, and my talents are int so the cap is removed
  • YllmathirYllmathir
    edited March 3
    Personally also Scepter count in some way for mount dps. Dunno why but last week I changed my old +25 5/5 2*Int exalted scepter with +15 Alsacian (2*Int) and lost lot of dps also with mounted combat.

As tip I can tell you that unless you are unlucky with craft, better craft gear from 5/5 exalted than reroll it. With my Wiz i've spent lot less to make it almost perfect than with my priest that burned lot of elluns and golds and still 2*int mostly.
  • NeoseptemNeoseptem
    edited March 3
    Yllmathir wrote: »
    Personally also Scepter count in some way for mount dps. Dunno why but last week I changed my old +25 5/5 2*Int exalted scepter with +15 Alsacian (2*Int) and lost lot of dps also with mounted combat.
    Really? I always thought only seals and green stats from scepter would count when doing mounted combat. You learn new stuff every day.

I agree, if you can craft your Alsas equip from Exalted. Exalted is easier to temper as well as cheaper to transcend. If you're lucky you can end up with a fairly tempered 3/5 transcend Alsas equip piece.
    If you're going to buy Alsas however I would only buy if it has at least 2x Int even if it's more expensive. Refining is just a waste of gold and Ellun. Took me over 20 rerolls just to get a second m.att on my Ancient neck. ><

As for gold farming, you can go Merumi Residence. It's boring and monotonous but you can earn a couple hundred g every hour.

• tachavtachav
    edited March 5
    Neoseptem wrote: »
    Really? I always thought only seals and green stats from scepter would count when doing mounted combat. You learn new stuff every day.

I agree, if you can craft your Alsas equip from Exalted. Exalted is easier to temper as well as cheaper to transcend. If you're lucky you can end up with a fairly tempered 3/5 transcend Alsas equip piece.
    If you're going to buy Alsas however I would only buy if it has at least 2x Int even if it's more expensive. Refining is just a waste of gold and Ellun. Took me over 20 rerolls just to get a second m.att on my Ancient neck. ><

As for gold farming, you can go Merumi Residence. It's boring and monotonous but you can earn a couple hundred g every hour.

you probably refer to the solo instance in merumi residence. I think that it can be done once a day. Is there a way to do it multiple times because 1 time with all mobs cleared gives about 35-30g
  • YllmathirYllmathir
    edited March 6

I crafted 2* scepters, but sadly one came +10 (but high) and the other +15 (normal and sold). I don't really need golds I've 20k+ but i'm just bored to still fail on every attempt.. 30% fail, 50% all failed, 230+ all buffs fail.. I'm just stuck and I don't want to burn all golds on 100% stones.
    For money i can run fk l2 + cov l2 and raise up twice the money from merumi, but yeah merumi still a good plus when other dungeons are in cooldown. :)
  • Rj153Rj153
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 555
    edited March 7
    I'm a priest as well and have ~25k mounted crossbow damage with only +15 Elder crossbow (even more with full party Alsas buff).
    As Yllmathir said you need a lot of Int/m.att on your armor to reach that kind of damage as well as a good mount. Check your stats and look where you can improve something. Also your scepter dps doesn't matter for mounted combat only it's seals and green stats. Your damage comes from mounted weapon.
    Ancient jewelry set helps as well since you get a 15% overall attack boost.
    Nerhes crossbow is okay since it has the same dps as a +20 one if I'm correct. Yes you loose the % buff but that doesn't matter much if your equip isn't tempered +20 or higher.
    Do you include buffs like Ellora, the 5min one as well as food/potions as well? Normally we buff a bit for Attaius for faster times.
    Also don't forget your talents. If you don't have Intelligence stat limit removal unlocked your Intelligence will be capped at sme point.

On a side note, as a priest your dps is mostly irrelevant since your main job is to spam Healing Glow. HP is more important so you don't die after Astronomical Rage or blue/red spheres.

Just for comparison I have:
    - Armor/Scepter tripple Int 5/5 (one part still 4/5)
    - Crest 2x m.att, Int 3/5
    - Ancient Set, neck 2x m.att
    - 2x VIII and 1x VII m.att gems
    - +15 Elder Crossbow (cast., m.att still 1/5)
    - 8x Runelon +5, 5x Rev. Sainted Daveen, rest Radan/Aidus/that Carriage thing from event
    - Intelligence stat limit removal unlocked
    - Benotien as mount (45% overall attack)

This about sums it up but to much XD all great detail. honestly it will come down to the mount. The type of mount can make a 4k dps diff or more. i ride Mysterious T. which is 41% to over all attack. And fairly within reason to get taming or buying. He puts me at 20.2k
  • NeoseptemNeoseptem
    edited March 7
    I crafted 2* scepters, but sadly one came +10 (but high) and the other +15 (normal and sold). I don't really need golds I've 20k+ but i'm just bored to still fail on every attempt.. 30% fail, 50% all failed, 230+ all buffs fail.. I'm just stuck and I don't want to burn all golds on 100% stones.
    For money i can run fk l2 + cov l2 and raise up twice the money from merumi, but yeah merumi still a good plus when other dungeons are in cooldown. :)

So true... ~.~
    Got Scepter, Robe and Crest +25 everything else +15.
    When Tempering buff was active I used everything (talisman, potion, jewelry, etc.) and still managed to fail 34/40 times using 230 stones.
    It's frustrating.
    Now I just use 30%-50% stones whenever I get them from adventures or paradise. Not worth wasting that much gold just to fail everything.
    Or your equipment isn't good enough to run these dungeons. Everyone can farm Merumi but you're right, running fk and cov legendary is a better option. ;)

• LagmanLagman
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 465
    edited March 7
    This is from my experience... I could be wrong tho

When you have a certain amount of intel/str ....%ATTK will gives more dps on off hand . This is unmounted dps.

On mount... dps depends on seals and stats on gears and the amounts of tempering on xbow ... while %ATTK gives you more dps unmounted. When mounted ...dps base on intel/str

For example...you have two off hands.. one with %ATTK and the other with intel/str . Unmounted %ATTK off hand will gives more dps than the intel/str. On mount....the intel/str will likely gives more dps than the %ATTK off hand
  • DatZebraDatZebra
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 1,350
    edited March 7
    tachav wrote: »

you probably refer to the solo instance in merumi residence. I think that it can be done once a day. Is there a way to do it multiple times because 1 time with all mobs cleared gives about 35-30g

once u clear that dungeon, go outside, open the quest from the quest list & press forfeit, then, i dunno if thats enough to reset it - check to see if it's repopulated, if not, pick up quest from npc again- dungeon will be re-populated - rinse, repeat

• NeoseptemNeoseptem
    edited March 8
    DatZebra wrote: »
    once u clear that dungeon, go outside, open the quest from the quest list & press forfeit, then, i dunno if thats enough to reset it - check to see if it's repopulated, if not, pick up quest from npc again- dungeon will be re-populated - rinse, repeat

No need to forfeit the quest.
    Enemies respawn every time if you exit and enter the instance as long as you don't complete the quest itself.
    Just don't kill the boss (Bradon) and you can farm Merumi as long as you want.

• DatZebraDatZebra
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 1,350
    edited March 8
    oh, then game changed it (they always changing stuff ) when i first started going there, i had to leave the dungeon when it was nearly finished, but still had several merumi & when i came back the next day, the situation was as i had left it - the new way sounds much better - happy hunting ^^