[ATTN NEW RIDERS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
Closed

Scheduled Maintenance - February 27, 2018

NXACuddlesNXACuddles
Riders of Icarus Rep: 36,920
Administrator
edited February 26 in Official News
We will be performing a scheduled maintenance on Tuesday, February 27, 2018. We would like to inform our community that this maintenance will be much longer than normal. During the long maintenance, we will be in the process of migrating our servers to a new data center and host. With this move, we hope to be able to provide a better and more stable service to our players. We anticipate the maintenance to last approximately 14 hours. Please note that the estimated length of time for each maintenance is subject to change without notification.

Thanks for your patience!

Time:

February 27, 2018
  • Pacific Standard Time: 6:00 AM – 10:00 PM
  • Eastern Standard Time: 9:00 AM – 1:00 AM [February 28]
  • Central European Time: 3:00 PM – 7:00 AM [February 28]
  • Australian Eastern Daylight Time: 1:00 AM [February 28] – 5:00 PM [February 28]

What will be unavailable:
  • All Riders of Icarus game servers.

Details:
  • General server upkeep
  • Transfer of servers to new data center
BobbiH59

Comments

• EstiEsti
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 1,230
    edited February 26
    New content ?
    New Challenge ?
    fun ?
  • SerafCZeSerafCZe
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 1,120
    edited February 26
    Esti wrote: »
    New content ?
    New Challenge ?
    fun ?

In my opinion, just a cost reduction. Get ready for the lags and freezing.
  • EstiEsti
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 1,230
    edited February 26
    Just in case they didnt know ... Im letting them know what we are looking for ... :)
    /optimist
  • AzymionAzymion
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 1,975
    edited February 27
    man that's a long maint...better be worth the wait though I have my doubts. I prob should have took screen shots of my items and mounts -.- something will end up going wrong I have a feeling..good luck though I suppose?
  • YllmathirYllmathir
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 6,930
    edited February 27
    We anticipate the maintenance to last approximately 14 hours
    And this "we anticipate" was supposed to be said so later without any prior advice? We tought we had all 27th for last rolls and such, but apparently we were wrong again 'cause even if we think that next maintenance was supposed to be at 28th in reality it start the day before. This happens also for shop purchases, maybe someone was waiting 27th for the purchase and ofc as EU player we can't even do it even if we would.
    At this point you know what? I'm glad I was waiting and I'm glad I'll save that money for buying a better game than your.

I really think and we (all players) always said that your comunication with players (aka Customers) it's not bad, it's really bad. If in real life i'd used the same comunication style with customers i'd be living on the road at this time.
    Customers likes to feel to be put in 1st place, likes to know everything in advance 'cause they want or can plan what to do. I can't tell to customers "we close today" only few hours before the close.

Said so, you for sure have lost a pay customer today. I'll probably still play RoI but I ancticipate the wallet will stay close approximately until you'll show to deserve my money. Considering this attitude of Nexon, could be a long long if not endless waiting time.
    MinimueckeArthanaxaPhilosoapdaeniSerafCZeZuNamiAzymionGrizzlyUKTheEllora
  • BobbiH59BobbiH59
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 905
    edited February 27
    In response i would like to pipe up a bit... if any of you (Yllmathir, Azymion, SerafCZe) would seriously take the time to read what was posted by Cuddle you would see what or at least attempt to understand what will be taking so long,,, to transfer from one server to a Data Center is time consuming .. here is a quick reminder of what was written ok... now don't hurt your selves here ok,,, take it one word at a time ok...
    :Details:
    General server upkeep
    Transfer of servers to new data center
    daeni
  • YllmathirYllmathir
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 6,930
    edited February 27
    BobbiH59 wrote: »
    In response i would like to pipe up a bit... if any of you (Yllmathir, Azymion, SerafCZe) would seriously take the time to read what was posted by Cuddle you would see what or at least attempt to understand what will be taking so long,,, to transfer from one server to a Data Center is time consuming .. here is a quick reminder of what was written ok... now don't hurt your selves here ok,,, take it one word at a time ok...
    General server upkeep

I know it takes time and personally I don't care if would take one week and if you seriously take the time to read what I wrote you'd understood that I was talking about bad comunication and not about the long downtime.
    Many games anticipate these changes quite early than few hours. It's called good comunication with your customers.
    First if you are changing server from a data center to another you surely know it in advance, for sure you have to plan it and for sure you need to say that to customers.

Players always asked to know what is going to happen a little early.
  • SerafCZeSerafCZe
    edited February 27
    General server upkeep

I led the project, change geolocation of the data center of the bank. It took us 3 months, but 12 hours of server downtime. And that's just about communication.
  • daenidaeni
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 4,685
    edited February 27
    I would agree, they rarely communicate about any maint/down-time or updates/additions in more than a few hours notice to the community.
    It would be nice if they could try and keep all of us that stick around posted.

And yes i know sometimes the powers that be fail to keep those that notify us in the loop as well. This is not directed at the cm/mods.
    This is more at those that decide when, where and what we as possible future paying customers need to know. This is not at those the struggle to keep us informed, or pass up the information we suggest here.
  • VadKacsaVadKacsa
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 100
    edited February 27
    If there is time and opportunity I would like to ask someone to look at my character. Since my old character has been experiencing multiple errors during the upgrades. Bugs a title list and achivements. I think this is the best time to update the server data to correct these little bugs. If I think wrong I'm sorry I'm tiring the team.
  • AzymionAzymion
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 1,975
    edited February 27
    General server upkeep

Huh oh I did read it, several time actually. Saying that the forums says 14H but the website says 16H. They can stay down as long as they please I hardly get on as is but i'm more worried of what will happen after its done seemingly since people says something always goes wrong or more issues arise.
  • GrizzlyUKGrizzlyUK
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 4,525
    edited February 27
    General server upkeep

While you are indeed correct, if you'd taken a little more time to actually read the comments you're replying to, you might have realised that it's not the length of the maintenance that people are complaining about, it's the fact that Nexon, as usual, only announce a 16 hour maintenance just a few hours before it begins! Maybe you should take your own advice and, by all means, take your time to ensure you've read each and every word and that you do fully understand how each of those words have been put together to create each sentence! o:)

I really have no idea why your comment received an "Insightful" tag from @daeni because not only have you misunderstood what @Yllmathir was complaining about you've also made your reply somewhat insulting by implying we're all too stupid to understand why the maintenance is taking so long! :*

Any other MMO would certainly announce something as important as server transfers to a new data centre several days beforehand. But Nexon just don't bother, that shows just how little they care about the player community! :'( Nexon certainly haven't suddenly decided to move their servers to a new data centre, that's something that requires planning and organisation, so they could have announced this a few days ago, but no, that's clearly too much effort and not worth the trouble! It's almost as if making these announcements is the very last thing they think of, but hey, why bother telling players anything, we're only the ones providing a chunk of Nexon's income!
    ZuNamiSerafCZeYllmathirAlbiorixMinimuecke
  • RoadbugRoadbug
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 510
    edited February 27
    The only thing I can say is that this is part and parcel of why I quit buying premium time and packages. I haven't purchased either in something like a year because of problems.

I will say that help for in game issues was very good the one time I used it. Customer service has a thumbs up for me, but not telling me about a significant change like this gets 2 thumbs down. I was asleep when the message was posted and when the server was shut down. I didn't even realize this was happening until well after the start. Moving the entire server system is a LOT of work, but not giving your players an advance warning is STUPID. Somebody who is in charge of giving out such information should be replaced, in my opinion. It is not a very good move to do something that affects your player base like this with so little warning.
  • JennyPhJennyPh
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 100
    edited February 27
    Finish this maintenance soon D:
  • AlbiorixAlbiorix
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 500
    edited February 27
    could you give some info how long will it take please
  • SerafCZeSerafCZe
    edited February 27
    Discord info:
    "Update: Maintenance will be extended by 2 hours. We apologize for the inconvenience and will provide additional updates when available. Maintenance is scheduled to conclude at 12:00 AM PST."

Sorry, but Discord is an official communication tool? Not everyone uses it
  • BisiBisi
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 550
    edited February 28
    Yllmathir wrote: »
    We anticipate the maintenance to last approximately 14 hours
    And this "we anticipate" was supposed to be said so later without any prior advice? We tought we had all 27th for last rolls and such, but apparently we were wrong again 'cause even if we think that next maintenance was supposed to be at 28th in reality it start the day before. This happens also for shop purchases, maybe someone was waiting 27th for the purchase and ofc as EU player we can't even do it even if we would.
    At this point you know what? I'm glad I was waiting and I'm glad I'll save that money for buying a better game than your.

I really think and we (all players) always said that your comunication with players (aka Customers) it's not bad, it's really bad. If in real life i'd used the same comunication style with customers i'd be living on the road at this time.
    Customers likes to feel to be put in 1st place, likes to know everything in advance 'cause they want or can plan what to do. I can't tell to customers "we close today" only few hours before the close.

Said so, you for sure have lost a pay customer today. I'll probably still play RoI but I ancticipate the wallet will stay close approximately until you'll show to deserve my money. Considering this attitude of Nexon, could be a long long if not endless waiting time.

you would not survive even 1 Minute in the Country where i currently reside. The customer here counts as interruption of someone elses work! I dont wanna Name that Country though.
    I honestly doubt that nexon staff which responds to this Forum really cares if your wallet is open or closed. just to say so cos i felt the urge to say something, too.

• RuniRuni
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 3,905
    edited February 28
    SerafCZe wrote: »
    Discord info:
    "Update: Maintenance will be extended by 2 hours. We apologize for the inconvenience and will provide additional updates when available. Maintenance is scheduled to conclude at 12:00 AM PST."

Sorry, but Discord is an official communication tool? Not everyone uses it

It was posted what is on the website....so no, discord isnt official and no official post about extended maint was posted there....we all just should look on the website, there we will get the infos.
    http://icarus.nexon.net/en/news/article/28424/update-scheduled-maintenance-february-27-2018
    BTW it was extended another 2 hours ;-)
  • TheElloraTheEllora
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 1,100
    edited February 28
    Update 2: Unfortunately the maintenance will be extended by an additional 2 hours. We expect the service to be restored by 2:00 AM PST. Once again, we sincerely thank you for your patience.
    Nexon, has it ever occurred to you that the transfer of the servers will last 24 hours?
    or maybe 48? or more. Is not it easier to avoid apologies for the inconveniences?
  • SerafCZeSerafCZe
    edited February 28
    TheEllora wrote: »
    Update 2: Unfortunately the maintenance will be extended by an additional 2 hours. We expect the service to be restored by 2:00 AM PST. Once again, we sincerely thank you for your patience.
    Nexon, has it ever occurred to you that the transfer of the servers will last 24 hours?
    or maybe 48? or more. Is not it easier to avoid apologies for the inconveniences?

Maybe there will be compensation ... 10 Elluns??? ;) , but RIP Ellora spire talismans and Devil mask
This discussion has been closed.