[ATTN NEW RIDERS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

what am i missing here.. cash to gold ?

MrDUMBMrDUMB
Riders of Icarus Rep: 410
edited March 13 in Rants and Raves
so i believe i am missing something here in the game. Either the game doesn't want players to convert cash to gold and thus making sure people who doesn't have too much free time to just run away from this game Or i am missing something entirely.

I play like 2-3 hrs total on weekdays .. and may be more on weekends (depends on others real life events) so i usually (in other games i played) use cash shop to keep me interested in otherwise kill this kill that kill those types of grinding games.
Usually in all games i played have a cash shop that has some unique stuff not available in game that i can sell and get Gold. Then i can purchase some stuff with gold that otherwise needs shytload of grinding which i cant do as time doesn't permit.

but here things are simply out of my understanding. this game has the crappiest cash shop and that too doesn't allow me to sell stuff of gold. Also there is no stock broker who allows direct selling to cash (NX) to gold.
whats going on here ... developers doesn't want money or they have given hope ?

If this keeps going on soon devs will sell this game to some Crappy publishers with buggy server who will make it extreme P2W. ( U know this .. u see this happening lot)

I am not asking for P2W model .. but a Pay to avoid grinding model.
I know F2P players will cry foul but no matter what devs do there will always be someone complaining and who will pay for the server ?

Btw don't sell me on the crappy things in cash shop now .. Premium is useless for me as i cant put too many hrs. Ascente mount (though i bought it ) is ugly as hell (and not unique enough for a $20 mount) .

I really hope i am missing something .. and can find a way to get gold for cash legally. there are things i want to buy that are apparently available with gold only.
also there must be something to avoid grinding otherwise i will need 1 year to reach level 60 .. but i will quit in between with zero motivation. (cant just login to kill 2 to those 3 of that 4 of them forever)

i know there are websites selling golds and i know people in game willing to sell gold they made grinding if i transfer money to their real world account.
but that way devs loses money and game will eventually shut down.

#Dont_Wanna_Grind_rant

MrDUMB/MrSTUPID/MrIDIOT/MrFOOLISH

PS i will give credit to devs as this is the least P2W (rather not at all) i have seen but i hope they understand this wont sustain forever.

Comments

• VinneyVinney
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 300
    edited March 13
    That's the problem some people have with this game they either think it's not enough p2w stuff or too much. Which being a max level player for almost since the update I can see both perspectives, for low level people the shop gives you mounts, premium, and elluns, just to name a few which makes it easier to level up. But for someone like me those same things give you really good seals, gold for trade able premium, elluns for tempering high level gear and talismans. So my point is that this game is a grinding game whether people like it or not and the elloras shop is just suppose to boost your grinding.

At least from my perspective.
  • RowboCopRowboCop
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 205
    edited March 13
    MrDUMB wrote: »
    so i believe i am missing something here in the game. Either the game doesn't want players to convert cash to gold and thus making sure people who doesn't have too much free time to just run away from this game Or i am missing something entirely.

Just go to the cash shop and buy items from the NX Plus tab. Everything there can be sold on the market. I recommend selling either the Elluns (just get the 85 one to try out) or Premium Service. Not sure what the going rate is but I'm pretty sure you can get over a 1000 gold for either of those.

• SerafCZeSerafCZe
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 1,120
    edited March 13
    RowboCop wrote: »
    MrDUMB wrote: »

Just go to the cash shop and buy items from the NX Plus tab. Everything there can be sold on the market. I recommend selling either the Elluns (just get the 85 one to try out) or Premium Service. Not sure what the going rate is but I'm pretty sure you can get over a 1000 gold for either of those.

There are so few players in the game that items are no longer attractive..
  • MrDUMBMrDUMB
    edited March 13
    well it was moved to raves and rant.. meaning no more views and no one takes it seriously.
    looks like admin here wants me to look elseware (either for gold or new game)
    hey admin!! are u selling :P

@Rowbocop thanks for idea. but i dont think with free premium and lots of ellum from game people are interested in that.
    still might give it a try.
  • NeoseptemNeoseptem
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 1,940
    edited March 13
    There are so few people online right now that it's not really a good idea to invest too much in buying and selling Cahs Shop items.
    But once they finally release the new region + level Ellun and Premium sell like hot cakes... the question is just WHEN it's gonna be released. XD

As for your idea of a money - gold exchanger I doubt it would help all that much or worse destroy the ecconomy completly like I experienced in another game. :/
    Also just like Vinney stated this game is a grinder. Yes, you can make cash by selling cash shop items but farming, crafting, selling is the way to get gold if you like it or not.
  • CreamCream
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 21,540
    Forum Moderator, Council Member
    edited March 14
    You called it yourself a rant your own post, so, I moved it to where rants go!
    MrDUMB wrote:
    #Dont_Wanna_Grind_rant

*Arveldir familiar is very good in endgame particularly (great stats for any level) for various reasons. Is not exactly as the designer intended!
    *There are items as others told you that can be obtained and sell for gold in Cash Shop!
    *You first mention that there is no option to exchange NX for gold but then right after stated that "I am not asking for P2W model"...
    4pF0Qga.gif

Edit: Gold selling is not permitted by Nexon policy, just making you aware if you didn't know, Rider!

giphy.gif

• MrDUMBMrDUMB
    edited March 14
    Cream wrote: »
    *Arveldir familiar is very good in endgame particulary (great stats for any level) for various reasons, please, look for information before posting that is useless!
    i called it ugly as hell not useless.
    *There are items as others told you that can be obtained and sell for gold in Cash Shop!
    i was planning to try that
    *You first mention that there is no option to exchange NX for gold but then right after stated that "I am not asking for P2W model"...
    read it full .. not asking for p2w model but for pay to not grind model.
    totally possible and feasible.
    Edit: Gold selling is not permitted by Nexon policy, just making you aware if you didn't know, Rider!
    I dont support purchasing gold as it really hurts devs hard work. (i know i am a dev in different industry)

that said, every game has policy that doesnt allow gold selling. but they do something to stop it.
    because there is no way to catch it.
    people grind all day and make gold. they post on various websites that they will transfer gold if we transfer money to their bank account. as giving gold to other player is totally legal and there is nothing Nexon (and others publishers) can do and this business keeps going especially where dollar is strong. (in some countries $100 is monthly expenditure of a family)
    these are the people who cry loudest when game allows cash to gold NPC in game.
    if nexon doesnt know about it then its nexon fault as every other publisher knows about it.

i wont be purchasing gold from outside and i hope the we will have something in game for that. it will attract more players (maybe) and better economy.
  • MrDUMBMrDUMB
    edited March 14
    Neoseptem wrote: »
    There are so few people online right now that it's not really a good idea to invest too much in buying and selling Cahs Shop items.
    so i thought. thanks of insight though.
    But once they finally release the new region + level Ellun and Premium sell like hot cakes... the question is just WHEN it's gonna be released. XD
    well i hope before BO.
    Also just like Vinney stated this game is a grinder.

i would grind if i had time for that. unfortunately after a certain age its hard to find time for gaming and yet i am a sucker for mmos with dragons and pvp.
    lets see what future holds.
  • AzymionAzymion
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 1,965
    edited March 14
    Ive seen in other versions of this game people using extractors and changing gears into gold like you would skins and pets. Maybe will never happen in this game but ive seen it in theirs. Theres nothing to buy in shops for me (other than Roxinus hopefully), most of the prices are jacked up cause people feel like it and the only use for gold is buying tempering stones or fixing your gear that or just crafting random things and dont feel like grinding for mats....I will agree that Arvelder is ugly though and looks like another mount but I wont go there. If your looking for decent gold if you ever can try out Cold Blooded Heretic when your max and have good gear. I farm him when i feel for it and you get around 360 for 3 channels I believe.
  • CreamCream
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 21,540
    Forum Moderator, Council Member
    edited March 14
    You are correct, I edited my post accordingly, apologies for that but the rest won't change! :D