[ATTN NEW RIDERS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

[March 26] New merchant, John Macbain Update

IsongamingIsongaming
Riders of Icarus Rep: 735
Administrator
edited April 26 in Patch Notes
macbainbanner_1600x900.png

[New Content Update] The legendary, John Macbain is now on his way to the world of Icarus. Check out more ~

*New Merchant NPC.
*MacBain's Daily Quest.

Please see the attached link for more details >> http://bit.ly/2HQcXdL

Thank you & keep supporting, Riders of Icarus!
Cream

Comments

• TanderTander
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 880
    edited April 26
    Like the look of this a lot!
  • PperkPperk
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 1,390
    edited April 26
    4 coins/day, omg, how stupid is this again... have fun for grinding, the last shut the light off
    KopitheluwakDudeman27
  • TanderTander
    edited April 26
    Pperk wrote: »
    4 coins/day, omg, how stupid is this again... have fun for grinding, the last shut the light off

I do see your point and wish it were more, but for me, as a solo player, I now at least have a chance to get some of the gear I wouldn’t be able to otherwise.
  • KopitheluwakKopitheluwak
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 400
    edited April 26
    Tander wrote: »

I do see your point and wish it were more, but for me, as a solo player, I now at least have a chance to get some of the gear I wouldn’t be able to otherwise.

that is the sad part, too many things to do in solo, that's not the reason why i'm playing an mmo
  • TanderTander
    edited April 26
    Tander wrote: »

that is the sad part, too many things to do in solo, that's not the reason why i'm playing an mmo

I agree, mmo’s are best played with others, but on Velzaroth, judging by the 1800 market listings I’d guess there are less than 100 ppl left, mostly in the few big guilds that remain. With the absence of players there’s not much choice, so for me soloing is better than waiting for a party that doesn’t come.

There are things you can solo up to a point but up till now, other than the Market, there’s been no way for some, to get Alsacian/Zelnaris gear. With 70k dps I still can’t solo ToS L1 for a Stone, though that probably just says I’m not very good.
  • KaikoonKaikoon
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 1,660
    edited April 26
    very simple... i am out of this game right away.... bye

you seriously force People into a questing Zone where it is impossible to even start the quest cos of hords of other People only going around all day Long, killing low geared People that try to do a quest that is PVE NOT PVP because it is for pve gear not for pvp gear?
    you create a daily quest that is in reality a WEEKLY quest because this npc only appeares once a week for 10 minutes? it might even be a monthly or yearly or nevernever quest for thos that can not be there at exactly this specific time.
    how much more you want to torture the comunity that still sticks around, despite of at least 90% others leaving this game.

just good that there is another Server for icarus, and or another titel coming out in may.
    now you can finally ban me from this Forum cos i mentioned another Server..... i wont return anyway.
    farewell
  • Dudeman27Dudeman27
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 890
    edited April 26
    You can't even get 4 coins per day. You can get 3 coins per day, as the last quest can only be turned in to the Manastone oracle which spawn for only 10 minutes, once a week, on the weekend after the manastone battle. So that is a grand total maximum of 22 coins per week. Zelnaris Necklace package costs 353 Macbain coins. So we would have to save our coins every single day for 112 days (16 weeks / 4 months) in order to purchase one Zelnaris Necklace crafting package, or roughly 84 days (12 weeks / 3 months) in order to get a Zelnaris weapon package, on top of that the crafting chance for Zelnaris is 2%, if you include every single in-game and real money/event buff possible maybe you could get that up to 3% or 3.5%. So... 112 days of dailies saving Macbain coins for a single 2% crafting chance? I understand that its by far the best gear in the game, but it seems like overkill to me. :| At least I'll finally be able to get my Alsa set... LOL

These quests should be repeatable. I suppose there would be a few people who would literally do the quest 150 times a day and get a Zelnaris package every day, which wouldn't be fair either. So make them all repeatable maybe 5, 10, or 20 times. Something reasonable maybe?
    PperkZerafutEXKopitheluwak
  • Dudeman27Dudeman27
    edited April 26
    Kaikoon wrote: »
    very simple... i am out of this game right away.... bye

you seriously force People into a questing Zone where it is impossible to even start the quest cos of hords of other People only going around all day Long, killing low geared People that try to do a quest that is PVE NOT PVP because it is for pve gear not for pvp gear?
    you create a daily quest that is in reality a WEEKLY quest because this npc only appeares once a week for 10 minutes? it might even be a monthly or yearly or nevernever quest for thos that can not be there at exactly this specific time.
    how much more you want to torture the comunity that still sticks around, despite of at least 90% others leaving this game.

just good that there is another Server for icarus, and or another titel coming out in may.
    now you can finally ban me from this Forum cos i mentioned another Server..... i wont return anyway.
    farewell

I just did the pvp zone quest and I didnt even encounter a single enemy player, I ran all around stygaea for 20 minutes. You play on euro server? NA Stygaea is always dead except manastone
  • CreamCream
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 21,835
    Forum Moderator, Council Member
    edited April 26
    MacBain coins also drop from legendary dungeons, in case anyone wishes an alternative to acquiring these.

giphy.gif
  • SwabsSwabs
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 580
    edited April 27
    Cream wrote: »
    MacBain coins also drop from legendary dungeons, in case anyone wishes an alternative to acquiring these.

giphy.gif

just out of curiosity is that "drop" or "chance to drop" there is a huge differance
  • CreamCream
    edited April 27
    It is a random drop but for what has been tested is not rare. We will need feedback from the community in that aspect, Rider!
  • Dudeman27Dudeman27
    edited April 28
    Swabs wrote: »

giphy.gif

just out of curiosity is that "drop" or "chance to drop" there is a huge differance

I've been running L3 LLC, L3 CM, L2 RoM, and L1 FK 2-3 times per day, solo, but in a full party, as well as L1-3 EB and L1-3 ToS 1-2 times daily with a full group. So far I've seen about a 10 drop in 2 days. 2 in my solo runs, the rest in group runs. One of my guildies got TWO from an L5 LLC solo, while other guildies have done LLC5/ROM5/CM5 solo in a droprate group and got 0 from all 3 runs. Seems to be pretty random
  • BisiBisi
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 550
    edited April 28
    Dudeman27 wrote: »
    Swabs wrote: »

giphy.gif

I've been running L3 LLC, L3 CM, L2 RoM, and L1 FK 2-3 times per day, solo, but in a full party, as well as L1-3 EB and L1-3 ToS 1-2 times daily with a full group. So far I've seen about a 10 drop in 2 days. 2 in my solo runs, the rest in group runs. One of my guildies got TWO from an L5 LLC solo, while other guildies have done LLC5/ROM5/CM5 solo in a droprate group and got 0 from all 3 runs. Seems to be pretty random

After 15 runs including LLC, CM, RoM, FK, and CoV in all combinations of L1 to L5 (all solo). There was not a single coin drop. This was done on a Priest.
    Same story, 15 runs on a ranger 1 coin. 10 on a Trickster, 0 coins. 15 on a Wizard, no coins. Which makes it a grand total of 1 coin after 55 runs.

It is a random drop but for what has been tested is not rare. We will need feedback from the community in that aspect, Rider!

You are right that is not rare... that is a very very very very extremly rare drop.
    TanderKopitheluwakDudeman27
  • BisiBisi
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 550
    edited April 28
    You can't even get 4 coins per day. You can get 3 coins per day, as the last quest can only be turned in to the Manastone oracle which spawn for only 10 minutes, once a week, on the weekend after the manastone battle. So that is a grand total maximum of 22 coins per week. Zelnaris Necklace package costs 353 Macbain coins. So we would have to save our coins every single day for 112 days (16 weeks / 4 months) in order to purchase one Zelnaris Necklace crafting package, or roughly 84 days (12 weeks / 3 months) in order to get a Zelnaris weapon package, on top of that the crafting chance for Zelnaris is 2%, if you include every single in-game and real money/event buff possible maybe you could get that up to 3% or 3.5%. So... 112 days of dailies saving Macbain coins for a single 2% crafting chance? I understand that its by far the best gear in the game, but it seems like overkill to me. :| At least I'll finally be able to get my Alsa set... LOL

These quests should be repeatable. I suppose there would be a few people who would literally do the quest 150 times a day and get a Zelnaris package every day, which wouldn't be fair either. So make them all repeatable maybe 5, 10, or 20 times. Something reasonable maybe?

To be more realistic, you can only get 1 coin per day in a 'sane' way. The 2 coins are not possible to get without spending hours of running around. I gave up after getting 2 quest items in 1 and 1/2 hours. The coin that you get on saturdays only does not count, as well as those very very rare drops in legendary dungeons (just now i have done another 10 legendary runs without getting any coin).
    So you get 1 zelnaris crafting 'chance' of 2% per year without spending hours after hours of braindamaged grinding.

All in all this is just another useless patch. It was made once more to rise expectations, and right after that kick you in your backside.

Just for the record: after thousands of hours playing Icarus this patch was the tip of the iceberg to make me leave the game.

• Dudeman27Dudeman27
    edited April 29
    Bisi wrote: »

To be more realistic, you can only get 1 coin per day in a 'sane' way. The 2 coins are not possible to get without spending hours of running around. I gave up after getting 2 quest items in 1 and 1/2 hours. The coin that you get on saturdays only does not count, as well as those very very rare drops in legendary dungeons (just now i have done another 10 legendary runs without getting any coin).
    So you get 1 zelnaris crafting 'chance' of 2% per year without spending hours after hours of braindamaged grinding.

All in all this is just another useless patch. It was made once more to rise expectations, and right after that kick you in your backside.

Just for the record: after thousands of hours playing Icarus this patch was the tip of the iceberg to make me leave the game.

Yesterday I did 8 legendary dungeons and I didnt get any coins, Today I got 2 out of the 4 runs I did. These drop rates really don't make sense. At least this event is still helpful for the people who need Alsacian gear. For all those with full Alsa already though, I feel bad for you, because this is essentially a pretty unhelpful event. Maybe a decent number of people may get a chance to craft a single Zelnaris item (not likely many will get enough for a weapon kit), and the rest will end up having to spend their coins on single items and collect as many things as possible with what they've earned. Tbh if Zel'naris crafting chances were 10%, I think that would still be absolutely terrible but at least there would be a light at the end of the tunnel, whereas now Zelnaris gear seems just like something in a dream. Even people on Euro servers who farm SH regularly have failed crafting it 30-50 times, probably more in some cases. xD Kinda crazy considering how long it takes to farm these mats WITHOUT the added bonus of this event

Edit: I forgot to mention, the 2 coins quest has not taken me any more than 10 minutes, any of the times I've done it. Use Matios, and run around the green areas. I literally just found all 10 in under 3 minutes right next to the starting town. Usually I do have to run around the map a little bit
  • KyourakuShunsuiKyourakuShunsui
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 400
    edited May 2
    Hey guys anyone can tell me how i do the quest bloody victory to get the coin need to look for stygaea millitia but i can't find it
  • CreamCream
    edited May 2
    @KyourakuShunsui

Manastone Battle Rewards
    Winning teams have access to a variety of rewards, including a mark that allows you to tame the Alliance Stingray mount which can carry a total of 10 Riders! All rewards MUST be obtained within 10 minutes of completing the Manastone Battle. Rewards are obtained from an NPC named the Arbiter of Courage. He will appear next to Aramath after the conclusion of the Manastone Battle. He will disappear 10 minutes after the conclusion of Manastone Battle.

@SydolinEmuna
    SydolinEmuna's Video Guides
    McBain Quests & Stygea Manastone Guide !
    http://forums.icarus.nexon.net/discussion/comment/73122/#Comment_73122
  • BurschiBurschi
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 625
    edited May 5
    Ja, alles schön und gut nur 2% Chance eine Mystische Waffe Herstellen zu können? habe ich das Richtig Verstanden? was soll den diese Verarsche wieder sein?

Noch was anderes, wo soll Otto-Normalspieler die Rezepte dafür Herbekommen? Erzählt mir jetzt bloß nicht aus AH, weil die müssen sie ja auch irgendwo herhaben. Also stellt mal nen Händler hin, wo es auch die Rezepte dafür für Gold gibt, und Mottet mal diese Legendären und Byndermünz-Händler ein, macht das mit Gold kaufbar, dann kann auch ein kleinerer Char das kaufen, weil ansonsten werden die Leute hier in Massen abhauen, weil sie ohne große Gilde kein Land mehr sehen hier im Game. Solo brauchste dann nicht mehr weitermachen weil es nicht mehr Spielbar ist. Weil ständig das selbe tag für atg will auch keiner auf dauer zocken, dann Sucht er sich was anderes.
  • CreamCream
    edited July 1
    qWbaNsH.jpg