[ATTN NEW RIDERS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
Closed

Coulnd't understand the response message from serv

WoelfinWoelfin
Riders of Icarus Rep: 400
edited May 3 in Tech Support
(Maybe this should be moved to "bugs" Section)

Hi - for Steam the Maintenance is not over somehow?

Error!

Coulnd't understand the response message from servers. (32512)

Please close the application and try again

zylNEGk.png

It's the same for me and my husband - it would work with Nexon Launcher only, but only I have both clients, because the Game CRASHES with Game Guard errors (no number) on BOTH clients every 20 Minutes ... playing russian roulette with both clients :D

However, for this steam issue mentioned above: Is there a trick or do we have to reinstall ... when searching the internet I found out, this Nexon issue occurs since 2015 :D - with the same "error" error "Coulnd't" but apparently no "fix"

EDIT: https://steamcommunity.com/app/442080/discussions/0/1696046342854513663/

EDIT 2: REINSTALLED the game and the issue STILL pesists

Comments

• TST_VTST_V
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 300
    edited May 3
    Having the same issue still. Gameguard errors were fixed according to this post on Twitter. But I'm still unable to log in on either computer. Turned off firewall and anti-virus with no luck.
  • RemidicaRemidica
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 510
    edited May 3
    I'm having the same issue. Trying to log in through Steam says:

Error!

• DenneiDennei
    edited May 3
    When I start the game from steam, I see a white window (with a black border) turned blue and these text shows up.

Error!

Okay

Any help on this? Thanks!
  • TST_VTST_V
    edited May 3
    Others and myself have the same issue as reported here and on Steam. No answer yet, other than using the Nexon launcher which seems to work.
  • RemidicaRemidica
    edited May 3
    Others are reporting that if you download the Nexon Launcher, it works. But all this does is just re-downloads the game outside of Steam, so basically you have two version of the game on your PC. Granted it does work, but it's another copy of the game on your HDD that you don't need.

People have tried:

- Logging out of Steam to force the game to update again. (Doesn't work)
    - Uninstalling the game through Steam and re-downloading. (Doesn't work)
    - Playing the game through the Nexon Launcher (which does work, but it's not in Steam so it doesn't fix the issue)
    - Hard restarting the PC & verifying files through Steam. (Doesn't work)
  • CreamCream
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 21,865
    Forum Moderator, Council Member
    edited May 3
    Hi,

Let's go straight to ease the pain if you wish to do the following;

Download the Nexon Launcher and get into the game until Steam is repaired or a solution is made available, whatever happens first. (this is only a suggestion if waiting is a NO for you)

Apparent issue;

The file path is having an issue where it displays as an example like this;
    C:\nexon\game games\icarus\ ............. this is not good because it has a gap between "\game games\"

Should look like this;
    C:\nexon\game_games\icarus........this is a good path no gaps

If you get this error you may want to verify on Steam certain aspects that could help you find a solution on your end. Please verify game integrity first o see if that helps, to do so follow the next steps;

Find the game
      Right click game
      Properties
      Local file
      Game Integrity

As far as I know, we do not have a permanent solution to the problem at this moment. These are just ways to verify your installation and possibly get our Riders going, if not, a temporary solution while Steam is corrected or whatever needs to be done to get the regular service back up and running.
  • CreamCream
    edited May 3
    UPDATE
    After talking with our GM's
    I have a better understanding of what the problem is! However, the main aspect now is that it's apparently a path issue and it is currently being worked on and a fix will be applied or deliver soon!
  • CreamCream
    edited May 25
    In order to deal with this issue with a faster approach, we require from our community of Steam players to do the following steps so we do not have to wait for the normal channels that very well could extend the process greatly.

Setps
    1) Find the GameGuard folder copy and zip it or just find the erl logs copy and zip
    *Path>>> C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\Riders of Icarus\Bin64\GameGuard
    2) Send a ticket through support with the zip file or create a mediafire file and send it as an attachment with the ticket
    3) If you are a Discord user, you can DM GM/Kakesu with the link to the medifire zip file (best faster solution)
    * If you opt for this method (step 3) make sure to add your IGN and server to the message sent to the GM or it will not be of use

This is the path for Nexon Launcher users;
    C:\Nexon\Library\icarus\appdata\Bin64\GameGuard

• RemidicaRemidica
    edited May 3
    @Cream : Could you leave a link for RoI Discord? The ones I'm finding are expired.

Nevermind! Found it! https://discord.gg/0uxFjsduWG0k7PZk
    Cream
  • GreyciaGreycia
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 1,330
    edited May 3
    Cream wrote: »
    Find the GameGuard folder copy and zip it or just find the erl logs copy and zip
    *Path>>> C:\Nexon\Library\icarus\appdata\Bin64\GameGuard

Are you sure that's the right path? On my PC it's C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\Riders of Icarus\Bin64\GameGuard
    Or do you mean we have to do this after we re-download the game via the Nexon launcher? And then copy the file from the newly-downloaded application and not the Steam version?
  • CreamCream
    edited May 3
    @Greycia

You are correct, Rider! If that where you found yours that must be it. I am helping from my end and from what I can get from GM's as they can talk to me during this issue!

Thank you for the correction as I don't have a Steam account! I used my Path as an example!

Edit:If you notice the gaps in here "\Riders of Icarus\" that is technically the issue. It should be "Riders_of_Icarus\"

Thank you Very much!
  • RihkuazoRihkuazo
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 725
    edited May 3
    so will be there any compensation? or at least fast fix ?
  • CreamCream
    edited May 3
    The issue has been solved and our Riders should be back on the game by now. Please if you encounter any other issue related to this subject, do not hesitate and post right away with as much information as possible.

Have a nice day and happy hunting Riders!
    rH6FWe9.jpg
    GreyciaWoelfinRihkuazo
This discussion has been closed.