[ATTN NEW RIDERS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

[COMPLETED] Scheduled Maintenance - May 31, 2018

IsongamingIsongaming
Riders of Icarus Rep: 735
Administrator
edited June 21 in Official News
en_scheduled160629_icarus_webmaintenance.jpg

We will be performing a scheduled maintenance on Thursday, May 31, 2018. We anticipate the maintenance to last approximately 4 hours. Please note that the estimated length of time for each maintenance is subject to change without notification.

Thanks for your patience!

Time:

May 31, 2018
Pacific Daylight Time: 11:00 PM [May 30] – 3:00 AM
Eastern Daylight Time: 2:00 AM – 6:00 AM
Central European Summer Time: 8:00 AM – 12:00 PM
Australian Eastern Standard Time: 4:00 PM - 8:00 PM

What will be unavailable:
All Riders of Icarus game servers.

Changes and Updates:

World Raid Boss Quest Completion
Fixed the World Raid Boss Quest, wherein players can now collect their rewards after defeating the bosses to complete their quest.

World Raid Boss Changes
The stats and skill of both Brancas and Merciless have been buffed.
Merciless' Skill, "Bursting Rage" has been optimized.

Added New 1 NPC and 2 new Quests
NPC Flier, Subdual Captain
Stygaea and Victory Plaza

Check out Official website for more details at http://bit.ly/2siXTwi

Comments

• ZeargoZeargo
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 530
    edited May 31
    According to the Reliquary Patch Notes, "Special Attendance from 5/24 - 6/7". However after this Maintenance, it was removed and there is supposed to be a week left.
    SqueaksSilverFangSpite
  • ShadehawkShadehawk
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 300
    edited May 31
    Zeargo wrote: »
    According to the Reliquary Patch Notes, "Special Attendance from 5/24 - 6/7". However after this Maintenance, it was removed and there is supposed to be a week left.

What they said!
  • ArthanaxaArthanaxa
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 650
    edited May 31
    Shadehawk wrote: »

What they said!

What did they say?

It's really bad if they removed it since I haven't picked up everything yet!
  • ShadehawkShadehawk
    edited May 31
    I was agreeing that they removed it earlier than they said they would.

• ArthanaxaArthanaxa
    edited May 31
    Oh ok. I hope it's just a bug and they fix it soon.
  • GrizzlyUKGrizzlyUK
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 3,810
    edited May 31
    After the two large patches I had to download last week I figured I'd ask just how many, and how big, the patches are for this week? Last week I had a 4+GB patch and as soon as it finished the Nexon Launcher went straight into downloading a second patch which was 3.47GB, so last week I ended up having to download around 8+GB in total, which took around 20+ hours! That meant I missed out on all daily events last Thursday (May 24th). So now, this week, the Nexon Launcher is showing that I have a patch download of around 1.67GB so that's going to take a few hours which means I'm probably going to miss out on another day of daily events! :( Can anyone please confirm how many and what size the patches are this week?

From the comments already posted it seems that the Special Attendance that was supposed to last until June 7 has been closed early and without warning. Not the first time Nexon have done this, I guess many players had completed the first 6 days but I had only completed 5 days (having missed out on May 24th due to downloading 8GB worth of patches). If Nexon re-enables this event it will probably be reset which means we all lose whatever progress we'd made! :(

Nexon really needs to just stop with all these screw ups! All they are doing is hurting the game and themselves, at this point Nexon is simply killing their own game by driving players away with all of these broken events! :(

So, what compensation are we going to get this time around? Personally I'd like to receive a few bonus dice for the current Dice Game on all characters, maybe then I could actually make some progress around the damn board!

EDIT: So this week I again had two patches, the first was 114mb and that was followed by the 1.67GB patch. Not as bad as last week and I even get to log-in today to complete each of my characters daily events!
  • SqueaksSqueaks
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 845
    edited May 31

@Cream Yup, special attendance is gone even though we had until June 7th to get all of the log ins for it. My boyfriend had 1 day left to get the legendary mount and that's what he was about to log in today to get, but now he'll never get that?? Is there gonna be some kind of explaination as to why it was taken down a week early, because I think we deserve that much.
  • CreamCream
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 21,550
    Forum Moderator, Council Member
    edited May 31
    Our team is aware of this issue and it was forward already to the Devs. We are waiting for a response to answer the question, Rider!
  • GreyciaGreycia
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 1,230
    edited May 31
    The new "Portable Mailman" doesn't work either...
  • CreamCream
    edited May 31
    @Greycia

Please elaborate, because there is a known issue with it! If you attempt to use the Portable Broker after the Portable Mailman some players have had the problem that won work.

Edit: You are the first to say that doesn't work at all, so please tell us more, Rider!
  • GrizzlyUKGrizzlyUK
    edited May 31
    Cream wrote: »
    Our team is aware of this issue and it was forward already to the Devs. We are waiting for a response to answer the question, Rider!

How many times will Nexon do this? It isn't the first time an event has ended early and I suspect it won't be the last. So why does this keep happening? What does Nexon plan to do this time around? Will the event be restored exactly as it was, complete with all our progress or do we just lose out once again? If the team were aware of this issue why didn't Nexon announce it to let players know? Nexon's apparent refusal to tell players anything is just going to end up hurting Nexon and the game! Will Nexon ever admit that they are just making mistake after mistake after mistake? When there are no players left it will be far too late, yet Nexon seems to refuse to accept that they tehmselves are at fault!
    @Greycia

Please elaborate, because there is a known issue with it! If you attempt to use the Portable Broker after the Portable Mailman some players have had the problem that won work.

Edit: You are the first to say that doesn't work at all, so please tell us more, Rider!

Oh look, another "known issue" that Nexon have kept to themselves! Why won't Nexon tell players about these known issues until after players start complaining about them? It's great that Nexon know about an issue, but it would be even better if they warned players ASAP so that players could avoid potential further problems!
    Awelyn
  • CreamCream
    edited May 31
    @GrizzlyUK

First, from the time maintenance was completed to the time my last post was made is the time frame where Riders posted information and we were made aware of it, therefore, some answers are always typed/or written in that manner as "we are aware" because we get feedback quickly from our Riders through different media and regardless of that fact the information is distributed as it happens.

Secondly, if you are implying that Nexon is deliberately applying these patches knowing or having prior knowledge that will cause these issues specifically or something game breaking and not telling our members just to upset the player and/or wanting to create any other problem purposely, I will tell you that you are incorrect.

Let's not nitpick comments to purposely create or aggravate a situation needlessly. We were made aware and we shared the information as it occurred and also informed our steps regarding those specific issues.

Please back to the topic and if anything else needs to be said PM (private message) at any time, Rider.

@everyone

Our Dev's are in KST time and most of our team as well, so information will be later on. I will forward anything related to this subjects as I get any relevant data, sorry for the inconveniences, and thank you as all always, Riders!

Squeaks
  • RoadbugRoadbug
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 510
    edited May 31
    Aside from the log in deal, I am having problems with the program failing to start from the launcher on first attempt.
  • WarfurionWarfurion
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 200
    edited May 31
    "Merciless' Skill, "Bursting Rage" has been optimized." -really?
    ll still freezes game and make horrible lags! and also add client crushes (
  • MirocentMirocent
    edited May 31
    Central European Summer Time: 7:30 Unscheduled Maintenance
    what's wrong with you guys ???
  • AwelynAwelyn
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 1,555
    edited May 31
    Well the unscheduled maintenance was not told to us.. but i guess there are a lot of issues with the patch.. I hate to say it but this is becoming trend with this game.. still managed to roll 15 relics with 10 of them getting INT first stat.. I was lucky enough to get one with some strength.. i bet you can't guess what the next stat was.. yeah.. INT.. come on now.. give us a SLIGHT chance at rolling our needed stats.. even it its phy crit or attack%.. something.. again let me put this in perspective.. I used a tempering potion.. my herd, talisman, spire talisman, got 15 out of 25 from 50% stones.. to which i was amazed.. but stones marked NORMAL.. i believe i used 20.. and 3 hit.. on NORMAL.. meaning the normal chance at tempering something is a fail.. I tried to reroll stats on gear.. again.. failed at 15 attempts to get ONE strength line.. got INT about 10 times.. rest were magic crit damage and constitution.. seems a bit one sided.. opening boxes for fishing.. I get 5-1 magic to physical pots.. this is on my assassin.. i have dropped tons of cash in this game.. 3/4 of it wasted on failed attempts to temper or improve stats.. 11 more boxes to open up.. it will be a total of 88 boxes.. all from the dice and rewards.. and i can guarantee.. not one of those LAST 11 will have a wyvern to roll on.. in real money had i bought that.. 240 bucks and i bet i would have spent that last 60 on 22 more boxes.. scam.. money sucking scam.. like the rest of the game is turning out to be.. ellums for everything.. to fail and have a .01% chance at rolling something positive..
  • ShadehawkShadehawk
    edited June 1
    Ok, special attendance is back, but it has been reset... However it appears to be extended to June 15th now, instead of June 7th... Plus there are a few more "We're sorry" items in Ellora's Storage... So I have mixed reactions.
  • ArthanaxaArthanaxa
    edited June 1
    Shadehawk wrote: »
    Ok, special attendance is back, but it has been reset... However it appears to be extended to June 15th now, instead of June 7th... Plus there are a few more "We're sorry" items in Ellora's Storage... So I have mixed reactions.

My special tab is bugged too. Can we expect another fix anytime soon?
  • GrizzlyUKGrizzlyUK
    edited June 4
    @GrizzlyUK

First, from the time maintenance was completed to the time my last post was made is the time frame where Riders posted information and we were made aware of it, therefore, some answers are always typed/or written in that manner as "we are aware" because we get feedback quickly from our Riders through different media and regardless of that fact the information is distributed as it happens.

Secondly, if you are implying that Nexon is deliberately applying these patches knowing or having prior knowledge that will cause these issues specifically or something game breaking and not telling our members just to upset the player and/or wanting to create any other problem purposely, I will tell you that you are incorrect.

Let's not nitpick comments to purposely create or aggravate a situation needlessly. We were made aware and we shared the information as it occurred and also informed our steps regarding those specific issues.

Please back to the topic and if anything else needs to be said PM (private message) at any time, Rider.

@everyone

Our Dev's are in KST time and most of our team as well, so information will be later on. I will forward anything related to this subjects as I get any relevant data, sorry for the inconveniences, and thank you as all always, Riders!
    @Cream
    You seem to have misunderstood a small portion of my entire post. I asked a number of questions, none have been answered yet. In reflection I wasn't clear about that though so I'm happy to apologize for not being clear enough. I was merely attempting to point out that players do not know just what issues Nexon are aware of until a player complains or reports something and are then told that it's a known issue. There is no "Known Issues" thread, article or anything for players to read to find out just what Nexon are aware of.

Certainly wasn't trying to imply anything like what you took from any part of my comment!
  • AwelynAwelyn
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 1,555
    edited June 16
    So I have said this a few times in game but i might as well say it here.. and this won't apply to me soon because my hours at work are changing and I won't be getting to Merciless very much anymore.. of course i think a time change to right after daily reset time would be better since more people are on around that time anyways then early/late afternoon.. might help with how many people actually try to kill him.. since we average around 15, 20.. makes for a long long long.. fight... but to the point... GOLD.. why oh why does Merciless not drop gold.. I don't need it because I can usually get a box.. but for most.. the daily rewards are kinda.. MEH.. and that's saying it nicely.. At least at like Heretic you can farm a little bit of gold.. why don't you have Merciless drop a decent amount of gold for ppl to farm.. couple hundred for non box groups.. a little more for those of use able to get boxes? Most complaints i have read in game are "what a waste of time killing the guy for 45 min to a hour and getting nothing".. at least gold would be nice for those not able to get boxes... It is not like we are farming 3 channels multiple times a day.. It is once a day one channel.. don't be so greedy with the gold and add it as a drop at the WB.. come on.. ;)