[ATTN NEW RIDERS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Guardian Class

LustPassionLustPassion
Riders of Icarus Rep: 100
edited June 2 in Class Discussion
Hello I have a question regarding my character, it's a lvl 60 guardian.
I went with strength build on my armor as I have to play solo most of the times. I have put good seals and tempered well. But I still find it difficult to do L40 L2, L5 impossible.
Whereas other class such as Rangers, Berserk, Wizards etc can do L5 solo.
Do you think this class is highly underrepresented. Wizards do cbh solo. I have worked hard in my class still find it very difficult.
I have seen very strong guardians and most of their gears are very very high, at that level other characters are much better. I am just saying other classes find it much easier with the gear lvl I have but I still face lots of difficulty.

Discord: RezMePlz#4457

Comments

• CreamCream
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 21,550
    Forum Moderator, Council Member
    edited June 2
    You will need to add detail information so other Guardians can help you. What you may consider good in reality can be wrong or not but add the information anyways so you can be helped. Also, is not only about gear and weapons but utilizing the correct chain of attacks (skill rotation) in order to maximize your damage.

qWbaNsH.jpg
  • ArthanaxaArthanaxa
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 650
    edited June 4
    I went with strength build on my armor as I have to play solo most of the times. I have put good seals and tempered well. But I still find it difficult to do L40 L2, L5 impossible.
    Do you think this class is highly underrepresented. Wizards do cbh solo. I have worked hard in my class still find it very difficult.
    I have seen very strong guardians and most of their gears are very very high, at that level other characters are much better. I am just saying other classes find it much easier with the gear lvl I have but I still face lots of difficulty.

I completely agree with you. I play 4 different classes, all lvl 60 with similar gear. I can confirm that the guardian is the hardest to play compared to my other characters. And it's not about skill rotation either, as I don't think I play my other charachters better or good at all.

Especially in spire. It seems unbalanced somehow... Beside that it takes "forever" to kill anything cos of low dps she doesn't have the right amount of defence either to stay there for too long, and you can't really attack from far. All the fat mobs (Bismuth, the one with the sheep etc. ) are very difficult to kill with the guardian (compared to other classes again).
    She would need way much better and much more expensive gear just to reach the same floor in spire. I find it kinda unfair.
  • LustPassionLustPassion
    edited June 4
    Arthanaxa wrote: »

I completely agree with you. I play 4 different classes, all lvl 60 with similar gear. I can confirm that the guardian is the hardest to play compared to my other characters. And it's not about skill rotation either, as I don't think I play my other charachters better or good at all.

Especially in spire. It seems unbalanced somehow... Beside that it takes "forever" to kill anything cos of low dps she doesn't have the right amount of defence either to stay there for too long, and you can't really attack from far. All the fat mobs (Bismuth, the one with the sheep etc. ) are very difficult to kill with the guardian (compared to other classes again).
    She would need way much better and much more expensive gear just to reach the same floor in spire. I find it kinda unfair.

I agree it's unbalanced. I have tried every possible skill rotations and trust me I knw my seals. I have tried everything but am mostly utterly disappointed with low dps
  • LustPassionLustPassion
    edited June 4
    Cream wrote: »
    You will need to add detail information so other Guardians can help you. What you may consider good in reality can be wrong or not but add the information anyways so you can be helped. Also, is not only about gear and weapons but utilizing the correct chain of attacks (skill rotation) in order to maximize your damage.

qWbaNsH.jpg

Ask any player who has more then one character can confirm. Its not about skill rotation, and I have all legendary +5 seals with good rolls. Aidus, Radan and tishanan and one two Sharuns. But trust me it's unbalanced and broken.
  • LustPassionLustPassion
    edited June 4
    I can't kill megantes alone. I have tried many skill rotation. I have seen Berserkers with greater defense then me, even though they are supposed to be dps class. I have base dps of 33k and 47k defense, all my gears are +17 and +5 transcended, my sword 3 str rolls and +25, and even my shield is +25.
    Even then I feel almost utterly useless. Maybe my specific character is broken or the system is. If you want details come chat with me on discord, RezMePlz#4457
    I invite any creators or developers to test my account and prove me wrong.
    I am saying based on current conditions of the game all guardians that are play have an alternative character or dps. Its a mistake and useless class felt by most. Among all the other class, its an utter shame.
  • SydolinEmunaSydolinEmuna
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 1,540
    edited June 6
    Dunno if you check youtube but there are videos about guards solo FK L5 , please check them. Zkurcrow did solo fractura. Also I have a video about lvl58 skill crafting that I show a rotation about chain-block.No other class can solo Akrath elites like we do. They take longer time. I can also reach 90k-100k dps at world bosses , my lvl 58 skill gives me %20 atk and my chains stack up and increase my dps more. You can get a healing buff activated sometimes if u have alsacian acc. + 2 of your ranged attacks can heal you depending on talents , which makes solo easier.

For pvp mobs like megantes you need pvp attack , which means you need complex crossbow or lance that gives u %60 pvp attack ( even more if trancended).

For player vs player , same geared zerk vs guardian , zerk wins because bleed goes trough defence and your healing abilities are slower than bleed.So I would like to see it balanced.

Can make a video about guardian gear-seal-skill rotations - pets etc following days..
    Cream
  • LustPassionLustPassion
    edited June 6
    Dunno if you check youtube but there are videos about guards solo FK L5 , please check them. Zkurcrow did solo fractura. Also I have a video about lvl58 skill crafting that I show a rotation about chain-block.No other class can solo Akrath elites like we do. They take longer time. I can also reach 90k-100k dps at world bosses , my lvl 58 skill gives me %20 atk and my chains stack up and increase my dps more. You can get a healing buff activated sometimes if u have alsacian acc. + 2 of your ranged attacks can heal you depending on talents , which makes solo easier.

For pvp mobs like megantes you need pvp attack , which means you need complex crossbow or lance that gives u %60 pvp attack ( even more if trancended).

For player vs player , same geared zerk vs guardian , zerk wins because bleed goes trough defence and your healing abilities are slower than bleed.So I would like to see it balanced.

Can make a video about guardian gear-seal-skill rotations - pets etc following days..

I have watched your and Zkurcrow videos. I have seen your lvl 58 skill video as well. You have insanely high dps compared to most, I tried to farm in Arkat and die easily. What do you mean other class take longer time to take down Arkat elites? I have seen assassins, wizards solo them with 35k dps much faster. A 35-40k guardian wouldn't be able to kill one elite. That's is with +20 tempered Alsacian and all legendary dps seals (Aidus & Radan and Tishanan) only 40k dps. All you content creators think or assume that we don't use the proper skill rotations or don't know which skills heals. I know those heals u get from skills and talent, I use them myself. Most class can avoid attacks and take them down. This game is based on dps, most dungeons don't even require a guardian. Try to understand that with less then half the dps you have, any other class could easily farm those elites in Arkat. Just mentioning one or two insanely good players or who have spent tons of money in the game doesn't provide the best example.

Plus you should know it's easy for assassins or wiz to do FK L5. As you play guardian you should know how difficult it is when you have less dps. Solo frac? Unless I get 100k dps as you, impossible with out actual dollars, it's impossible. I do no proper damage with 40k dps. But Rangers and assassins solo frac with less effort compared to what needed in a guardian.
    Even with PvP set the insane amount of dps the others have its much easier for them. I saw a ranger solo Karon.

Just compare with similar dps and seals of other class and you will know what I am talking about.

Look maybe it's a problem specific to my character and I am asking to try it out and check if you find it odd. We even had a big discussion in discord and people share similar view.
  • CreamCream
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 21,550
    Forum Moderator, Council Member
    edited June 6
    Allow me to ask you what are you really looking for with your post? You are getting some advice about what to look for in order to better up your skills and/or equipment, I don't see why you are targetting the "content creators", that is a role that is it!

I do agree that skill rotation alone is not everything but neither are seals alone for that matter. Skill rotations are to maximize damage within the time allotted depending on the situation and seals to obviously give you the stats for that damage to occur. However, you are missing a crucial factor in this and is, the player! Are you really doing what is needed in every case (bosses, mobs etc..) to come out victorious? We simply don't know, we have to see your gameplay in order to understand!

Additionally, let me advise you that Nexon does not condone account sharing, is against the policy.
    I invite any creators or developers to test my account and prove me wrong.

Also in order to prove that you have an issue with your account, you still have to provide video evidence that shows the problem and it has to be able to be repeated or replicated for it to be considered an issue/problem.

As I mentioned above, if you want further help post images of your setup and also videos of your gameplay and maybe someone can offer the type of help that you are looking for here.

qWbaNsH.jpg
  • ArthanaxaArthanaxa
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 650
    edited June 8
    I don't know why it is so difficult to understand. It's so simple.
    In short, my ranger or whatever character is much better with SIMILAR (idk how to emphasize it better) gear than my guardian.
    The solution would be to balance the guardian class in game somehow.
    How does watching an op p2w player's video help? It's really cool and fun, If I wanted to play 24/7 and pay hunders of dollars I would too. But that's totally the opposite of what we are trying to say.
    The OP didn't ask how to improve their gear.
    Btw, I don't need such advice either, not a big deal. I can play with my otIher chars or other games. I'm just trying to make you understand the OP.
    LustPassion
  • LustPassionLustPassion
    edited June 7
    Yes in short I don't feel that the guardian class is balanced or in level with other class. You are asking for pictures and video for us to show its not balanced with other characters? That's quite impossible for me.
    Also I am not sharing my account with anyone, was just asking if you could check. But I guess too many protocols to consider before thinking it's an actual problem.
    I am not targeting anyone or sorry for any confusion. But I am in regret of spending so much time on my character and still finding it hard to achieve results. I admit I am not a good player, but I fail to admit that this guardian class is same lvl with other class.
    I wish someone would address this and try to make this character more in lvl with the others. Thanks.