[ATTN NEW RIDERS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Started on steam, switch to nexon launcher?

Raiden_SolaRaiden_Sola
Riders of Icarus Rep: 410
edited June 9 in Tech Support
Starting to have some issues with steam and looking at trying out the nexon launcher, but I don't want to wind up with a second account, I want to keep my progress. Via steam I've never been given any login prompt screens, so I have no idea what I'd do to get my original characters to load up on the nexon launcher. Can anyone provide me any info?

Comments

• CreamCream
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 21,805
    Forum Moderator, Council Member
    edited June 9
    Hi,

Please do post more information in terms of your issues with connections. We will be glad to help or direct you to a possible solution, Rider!

Have a nice day!
  • Raiden_SolaRaiden_Sola
    edited June 10
    Cream wrote: »
    Hi,

Please do post more information in terms of your issues with connections. We will be glad to help or direct you to a possible solution, Rider!

Have a nice day!

My issues with steam are not something to be addressed here, all I am looking for is how do I transfer to using the nexon launcher if I previously was using the steam launcher. How do I find my credentials to input to the nexon launcher, how does it know who I am, since steam was totally automatic. I want to continue the use of my current account, not have to set up a new one.
  • Raiden_SolaRaiden_Sola
    edited June 10
    I would add I do not approve of my move to the technical support forum, as this is not a technical issue. I want to use the nexon launcher, I am not currently having any technical issues with the steam launcher.
  • CreamCream
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 21,805
    Forum Moderator, Council Member
    edited June 10
    First, whatever credentials you utilized when you created the account(s) through Steam to play Riders of Icarus (this being the case now) or any other Nexon game(s), is the one set of credentials you need to use at this time. Steam game account process is separate from Nexon account process e.g, your current situation (you must input 2 sets of credentials during the Steam process, Steam, and Nexon game in question). This process is not automatic as you mentioned. This is not an isolated case numerous individuals that opt to change login methods go through the same process for any and all games available for our community Nexon wide!

Secondly, this is the correct place to post the information even if is not an issue as I believed it to be. The reason is that is not a game general question and as such is not game (RoI or any game) related and that being the case falls under technical support.

My only suggestion will be since I am not a Steam user is to find out through Steam if you can see what is the e-mail tied to your Steam account from Nexon's. I really do not know if that is a possibility.

Have a nice day!

qWbaNsH.jpg

• Denali_RavenDenali_Raven
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 200
    edited June 10
    It's been awhile since I changed from Steam log in to the Nexon log in. I hope I remember correctly the steps I used to make the change.

When I started with Steam.. I used the same email for both Steam and Nexon when doing the credential setup. Nexon did not ask for password creation at that time since I was going thru Steam. When I decided to log in directly thru Nexon with the same account, the only way I could create a password for login was to use the same email for Steam and then click on "forgot password link" . Then Nexon sent a link to my email that allowed me to create a "new" password. If they haven't changed things around, this may work for you.