[ATTN NEW RIDERS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Stygaea Boss Fights and Server Power Balance

AlpheiserAlpheiser
Riders of Icarus Rep: 520
edited June 11 in Suggestions and Feedback
So yeah, I'm one of those players from the North American Radan server that only goes to Stygaea for familiar stuff, so I don't like getting killed constantly while farming for coins and materials. But this is about the bosses and the whole server power balance attributed by temporal existence advantage. For my server, it is impossible for us to enjoy Stygaea as we'd like. When it comes to bosses, we have little to no chance whatsoever in getting loot or even a single hit in unless both Baellas and Teleo are either done farming the bosses or don't care. Every other time it's a slaughter house and that is why only a select few ever actually go into Cross Server PvP. There is also the problem with the fishing in stygaea being within the PvP combat perameters. I'd like to see either a flagging system for players that aren't interested in PvP but want what Stygaea offers, such as a "Reject PvP combat" box in settings like the "Reject Duel Invites" box, or have the bosses and fishing be "no PvP" instance areas like the towns. I know there are people who would appreciate that besides me.

If you want to see the flagging system, please say so in a comment, this was all a rush job since I was in Stygaea at the time XD

Pardon any misspellings.
  1. Would you like to see one or both ideas implemented?10 votes
    1. I would like to see the Boss Safe Zone implimented
       0% (0 votes)
    2. I would like to see the Fishing Seafe Zone implemented
       10% (1 vote)
    3. I would like to see both implimented
       80% (8 votes)
    4. HELL NO! I like killing and or being killed by everyone else and pissing everyone off! >:)
       10% (1 vote)

Comments

• CreamCream
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 21,805
    Forum Moderator, Council Member
    edited June 11
    I do see reasonable the implementation of some barrier on a fishing area since afk fishing is something most people will do! About the rest is hard to say without a community-wide consensus.

I will forward the fishing suggestion but the other areas we need feedback from a larger segment of the population for it to be even be considered, I am being 100% honest!

giphy.gif
  • AlpheiserAlpheiser
    edited June 11
    Cream wrote: »
    I do see reasonable the implementation of some barrier on a fishing area since afk fishing is something most people will do! About the rest is hard to say without a community-wide consensus.

I will forward the fishing suggestion but the other areas we need feedback from a larger segment of the population for it to be even be considered, I am being 100% honest!

giphy.gif

I will add a poll, even though I finally decided to do so anyway
  • AlpheiserAlpheiser
    edited June 12
    So in my Guild Discord, I told everyone that was in it I put this up cause we've all been having problems with ruthless PvP (not true PvP) and a friend of mine said this [Edited by Moderator] He doesn't know how to nor want to make his profile on here due to the way Nexon operates.
  • CreamCream
    edited June 12
    First, do not post that type of tasteless conversations on these forums under any circumstance and please follow the rules at all times, Rider. Secondly, I do not know to what way of "way Nexon operates" is being referred too here, more details will be needed in order to help if help is wanted.
  • AlpheiserAlpheiser
    edited June 12
    My apologies, I only meant it as more material for analysis and meant no disregard. My intention of the "How nexon operates" was how the PvP in Stygaea is almost no limitation for PvP in this case, as even players with less overall atk&defense below 10-30k are possible victims of attacks, as getting Modest to Complex gear is difficult by way of both coins and crafting considering how I have found it impossible to craft necessary materials such as Bound Spirits (which I have made a post for in general chat) with farming in Purgatory being the only possible solution despite their rarity is far greater than the fully crafted armor pieces(Modest only).

Thus players who cannot obtain PvP gear through farming in Stygaea with the comfort of PvP immunity or safety while fishing are condemned to the immense frustration and aggressive play styles of the players who are capable of PvP (players who had the time to fully gear themselves in the latest tier of PvE/PvP gear in the base Server map such as the current Alsacian fully tempered, refined, honed and transcended) with no desire for "fair play and good sportsmanship."

I myself am one of the unlucky victims of this play style. Even when we are attempting to farm and give up our spots to those superior to us, they still hunt us down and kill us in another section of the map. Sometimes even specifically us. I do not attack unprovoked or challenged and give other players who need the gear to survive my farming spots so that they can get geared up to be able to fight back.

I even ask friends and other Radan players who can PvP to let people farm for coins and materials if they are unaggressive. Some of them listen and actually play nicely. However there are always toxic players who insult and camp on players to be mean and unfair specifically to players who cannot fight back.

Regardless of his tasteless vocabulary and tone my friend's point is still valid and is the same reason why most players in Stygaea are either Baellas or Teleo: They can PvP freely and claim grounds and areas while we are subjected to constant monitoring and ridicule, causing many to avoid Stygaea at all costs. This is my reasoning for the flagging system. But I agree with your point on a consensus as that will cause many of the Toxic players to complain if their opinion is disregarded. Again, I apologize for my breaching the rules and insulting tone of statement.
    CreamSqueaks
  • Hell_KaiserHell_Kaiser
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 400
    edited June 12
    I agree with all above. Made WB in Safe Zone to block some toxic players who hunt others then focus on Raid. Today WB in Stygea.
    I understand You wanna made pvp area alive but rly almost no one care about this and no one will come here if WB wasnt there.
    Today WB Raid in Stygea took over 2h and we cannot return quests in the same day becouse that.
  • CreamCream
    edited June 12
    I will forward that request to the team for review and future consideration. I do understand your standpoint and also understand that this is a PvP area and you are subject to the terms of entering such region. However, that is not by any means a reason to harras or utilize tasteless language against others either.

I do understand the complexity of the situation and will be looked upon, Rider!

Have a nice day!

giphy.gif
  • AlpheiserAlpheiser
    edited June 13
    Thank you for understanding. As it's your job and aim to obtain data for analysis, I'd like to provide my view on PvP before this thread is either closed or dies out young.

I view Player versus Player combat as a way of sharpening oneself in combat prowess, to learn new techniques and styles from others as well as share your own to help better others, and to gain respect from other players. As for cross-server Player versus Player in this format, I see it more as a chance for players from different servers to mingle and talk in a friendly and goodsportsmanly manner and share each other's experience of the game, as well as test each other's mettle.

A fair test of skill, improvisation and technique amongst the most powerful and yet most volitile and interactable enemy in the game: The players themselves.

A kill on site attitude against obviously PvP passive players is not proper PvP. Yes it has been set aside as a full PvP zone, but Stygaea is still very much a PvE zone as well with much to do PvE alongside it's PvP aspect. And as Stygaean heroic and elite mount seals are required materials for mounts that many people want but don't want to fight other players over literally, there really isn't much the passive player can do.

As this was specifically for my view on PvP and not a continuation of my argument, I will stop there and leave the rest up to any other commentators, should there be more before this thread is closed.

Glhf and Ride On!
  • YllmathirYllmathir
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 6,930
    edited June 14
    I think that as PvE is no kill zone, PvP should stay free kills.
    The only thing that should change is that PvP World Bosses need to drop ONLY PvP items, as PvE WB need to drop ONLY PvE items.
    No safe zones are needed. Who likes PvP should know that entering in those areas means that is free to kill or being killed.
  • AlpheiserAlpheiser
    edited June 15
    Yllmathir wrote: »
    The only thing that should change is that PvP World Bosses need to drop ONLY PvP items, as PvE WB need to drop ONLY PvE items.
    No safe zones are needed. Who likes PvP should know that entering in those areas means that is free to kill or being killed.
    Yllmathir wrote: »
    I can only assume you are one of the more powerful players who can enjoy Stygaea in full PvP gear. But my point on this is that there is a harassment dilemma causing people to stay away from Stygaea and what it can offer aside from the PvP, as many of the players harass those who AFK fish(which I heard sherry from Baellas and mauree, who's server I do not know, did recently by killing them) as well as farm for coins and materials so that they can fight in PvP gear and/or tame the familiars.

To players like me, Stygaea is a place where more cool familiars are to be had, but it's difficult for us to even try to get the gear. Not everyone likes PvP but there are many who would love to play in Stygaea for what it offers aside from PvP. In Exarahn(for Radan at least) it's not a kill in sight deal. If people want what Exarahn offers outside of PvP all players, even the Cranks (Zr and Th1ef) respect those players and leave them be. It's one thing for an area to be open PvP, but it's a different story for the area to be filled with harassment, insults, and toxic superiority complexes.

Say what you will about me and my views, but not everyone revels in that kind of environment in an area that offers both aspects. Why call it PvP when it's majorly only 1 or 2 of the 3 servers ganging up on the newest to keep them or any low level or passive players from enjoying such a place? And if it's a truly PvP only area, why have bosses and tamables there? That's more of a PvE aspect to the world, regardless of combat orientation (PvP vs. PvE)

IF people were decent enough to fight only actively PvP fighting players or players challenging others to PvP and not people trying to tame familiars or killing mobs then this thread would not have been posted. As I said I'm not opposed to the whole PvP thing as I will fight if challenged or provoked, but that is no reason to harassingly target specific players and or camp players in the safe zones to keep them from doing anything. Nor does it justify cruel language and verbal abuse. I know I am only talking specifically about the toxic players, but those players are the only ones I ever see there save the few players like me who aren't interested in PvP, but, unlike me have the aid of the two greater powers in the map. And because of such toxic players, most of the more powerful players in Radan have forsaken Stygaea leaving those of us who want to enjoy the PvE aspect to fend for ourselves against PvP giants.

I manage to find times where I am able to farm in peace, but I'm still plagued by the indecently toxic players befitting a need for either Major GM intervention or a flagging system. And even with GM intervention, they are still human and cannot stay on forever, allowing these toxic players to slink away and harass players when the GM leaves. This is a serious problem that you have to understand. It's not a matter of "getting GUD" or fighting back because the last time I fought back I didn't even shave 1% off my attacker! Thus I also named this thread "server power balance" as there is no power gap limitation to even the odds in the slightest!!! This is why I call for safe zones and flagging systems.