[ATTN NEW RIDERS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
Closed

[COMPLETED] Scheduled Maintenance - June 21, 2018

IsongamingIsongaming
Riders of Icarus Rep: 735
Administrator
edited June 21 in Official News
en_scheduled160629_icarus_webmaintenance.jpg

Greetings Riders,

We will be performing a scheduled maintenance on Thursday, June 21, 2018. We anticipate the maintenance to last approximately 4 hours. Please note that the estimated length of time for each maintenance is subject to change without notification.

Thanks for your patience!

Time:

June 21, 2018
Pacific Daylight Time: 6:00 PM [June 20] – 1:00 AM
Eastern Daylight Time: 9:00 PM – 4:00 AM
Central European Summer Time: 3:00 AM – 10:00 AM
Australian Eastern Standard Time: 11:00 am - 6:00 PM

What will be unavailable:
-All Riders of Icarus game servers.

Changes and Updates:
-Major Server upkeep.
Squeaks

Comments

• GrizzlyUKGrizzlyUK
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 4,890
    edited June 21
    So, what appears to have been a 7 hour maintenance (according to the times listed in the annoucement above) and the only thing listed under Changes and Updates is Major Server upkeep. Yet when I ran the Nexon Launcher it's now downloading 1.40 GB of something! There's no mention of new content or any sort of patch in the above announcement, so why do we have a 1.40 GB download? That's NOT just Major Server upkeep now is it? Why do we have to keep going through this? Why can't Nexon be honest and tell us what's going on before it happens? What worries me more is that the Nexon Launcher is showing 0 B of 5.85 GB as Installed right under the Downloaded figures!

I'm really getting fed up with having to download almost the entire game on what is starting to seem like a weekly basis after a maintenance! I, like many others, do not have super fast broadband that can download 6 GB in less than 30 minutes! Many players are losing out on Premium Service because they have to wait for these large downloads every week that take several hours to complete! Very much unhappy about this and I want some answers from Nexon about this!

EDIT: Oh look, I found different details for Scheduled Maintenance - June 21, 2018 showing different times to those posted in the above announcement and details of actual Changes and Updates! Now I understand why there was a 1.40 GB patch download. Maybe Nexon should try to put a little more effort into posting the correct information in these forums in future!
    dannie
  • YllmathirYllmathir
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 7,210
    edited June 22
    Why Am I downloading again today a patch or something that I've already downloaded yesterday?
    Do I missing something that happened on 06/22? Like an unscheduled maintenance or such?
  • GrizzlyUKGrizzlyUK
    edited June 22
    Yllmathir wrote: »
    Why Am I downloading again today a patch or something that I've already downloaded yesterday?
    Do I missing something that happened on 06/22? Like an unscheduled maintenance or such?

Just ran the Nexon Launcher and it's downloading a 641 mb patch, did a quick check on the main RoI website and found this: [COMPLETE] Unscheduled Maintenance - June 22, 2018

Can't find anything about it on the forums though. Seems like Nexon aren't putting much effort into these forums lately, no announcement about this Unscheduled Maintenance , no announcements about the Icarus Day events (hourly log-in event and Ellora's Shop Event Sale).
    dannie
  • danniedannie
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 1,050
    edited June 22
    This seems to be the norm lately. You wonder why people have left and/or are so ticked off. This is part of why.
    No community manager to keep us apprised of changes, events and updates. :'(
  • CreamCream
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 21,875
    Forum Moderator, Council Member
    edited June 22
    @GrizzlyUK

Please verify that what you mentioned about the Icarus event schedule is fixed Rider! Our Gm's were working on that moments ago! Thank you for your attention to detail!
  • GrizzlyUKGrizzlyUK
    edited June 23
    @Cream

Verified, event schedule is now correct. Thank you for your efforts in getting it corrected! :)
  • LunaMoonStarLunaMoonStar
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 610
    edited June 23
    yes, it was odd, we were given an inworld warning that riders was going down in 1 minute, then we were all booted out, no word of why, we did get prezzies for it after, but i have noticed changes since it was done, like Cold Blooded Herotic only spawns in 1 channel each time now, and the fishing drop rate in eternity lake is very low for the stuff you need for the event shop, so fishing 7 hours is not giving me what I needed as it did before, I have to fish twice as long, feel a bit conned there.
This discussion has been closed.