[ATTN NEW RIDERS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

fishing safe zone survey

lithefarmerlithefarmer
Riders of Icarus Rep: 985
Posts: 75
Member
edited June 25 in Suggestions and Feedback
I for one and tired of being killed while fishing. We are unable to fight back and just die. The fishing area in world server area should be a safe zone for fishers.


  1. Who thinks fishing area in Stratega should be a safe zone?25 votes
    1. yes
       100% (25 votes)
    2. no
       0% (0 votes)

Comments

  • GrizzlyUKGrizzlyUK
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 4,090
    Posts: 444
    Member
    edited June 25
    Yes, it should always be safe to spend time fishing, more so in this game where a player can just set their character to "auto" fish without the need to pay any attention to the game.
  • LunaMoonStarLunaMoonStar
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 590
    Posts: 20
    Member
    edited June 25
    yes, got killed fishing today, it's annoying as hell and those guys get easy kills from people afk, really unfair, so why is it not a safezone in fishing? soon as this event is over, I won't fish there anymore unless it's safezoned.
  • ERKXERKX
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 425
    Posts: 9
    Member
    edited June 25
    GrizzlyUK wrote: »
    Yes, it should always be safe to spend time fishing, more so in this game where a player can just set their character to "auto" fish without the need to pay any attention to the game.

    You can auto fish, with Auto Reels!
  • CreamCream
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 21,660
    Posts: 3,538
    Forum Moderator, Council Member
    edited June 25
    @ERKX

    He/she knows that I don't think that was the point. Is about why to use Auto when you will be dead in seconds. Like is better to be there on the lookout fishing manually to survive!
    GrizzlyUK
  • LunaMoonStarLunaMoonStar
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 590
    Posts: 20
    Member
    edited June 25
    standing there fishing for hours manually is boring, and you would not get people doing it without the auto reels, but the point is not about auto reels, as riders has given us those so we don't have to watch and can be afk,,,and that keeps us online longer giving the game traffic and keeping the game numbers high, a benefit for riders, isn't it,? it's about, letting us have a safezone to fish in, so we are not killed by random idiots out to up their score from people afk.
    lithefarmer
  • GrizzlyUKGrizzlyUK
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 4,090
    Posts: 444
    Member
    edited June 25
    ERKX wrote: »
    GrizzlyUK wrote: »
    Yes, it should always be safe to spend time fishing, more so in this game where a player can just set their character to "auto" fish without the need to pay any attention to the game.

    You can auto fish, with Auto Reels!

    Really not sure why you quoted my post where I clearly say players can set their character to auto-fish! Obviously that's what Auto-Reels are for, to allow a player to auto-fish and basically go "AFK" for a while. You then come back later and see what you caught, but that doesn't work in this case now does it because your character will be dead within a very short amount of time! Now if it was a safe zone that wouldn't be a problem now would it?
    dannie
  • LunaMoonStarLunaMoonStar
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 590
    Posts: 20
    Member
    edited July 2
    30th June, and again, killed at the pvp fishing area, can you please make a safezone fishing area.
  • LunaMoonStarLunaMoonStar
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 590
    Posts: 20
    Member
    edited July 2
    2nd July and certain players find it honorable to kill afk fishers, , how many time do people need to beg riders of icarus to make the fishing zone a safezeone, all he is doing is pissing people off.
  • GrizzlyUKGrizzlyUK
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 4,090
    Posts: 444
    Member
    edited July 2
    There's always going to be those few players who simply consider players who are fishing as easy targets. I'm going to refrain from posting my thoughts in regards to such players, don't want to offend or break any forum rules! ;)
  • LunaMoonStarLunaMoonStar
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 590
    Posts: 20
    Member
    edited July 2
    having the event in this area is already forcing those who want to do the event to have to go into a pvp area, normally,I don't go into pvp at all, so if we have no choice for an event, atleast make it safe.
    SqueaksJustaRider
  • GrizzlyUKGrizzlyUK
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 4,090
    Posts: 444
    Member
    edited July 2
    @Yllmathir
    Absolutely it's down to Nexon/WeMade for creating the event and for putting a fishing spot in a PvP zone and not making that fishing spot a safe zone! I was merely pointing out that there will always be some players who take advantage of this.

    It's certainly a bad choice of location for an event, especially when the event itself has no connection to PvP activities!. There's nothing wrong with promoting and encouraging players to participate in PvP, but the behaviour of these players really isn't helping. I'm not really much of a PvP player, but I'll certainly avoid fishing in PvP zones until those fishing spots are made safe zones so that players can actually enjoy fishing!
  • CreamCream
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 21,660
    Posts: 3,538
    Forum Moderator, Council Member
    edited July 2
    @Yllmathir

    It is absolutely against the Code of Honor and policy to Name Shame/ Witch Hunt players, guilds, alliances etc.. This is not a new rule or part of Nexon policy for that matter. Let's report those that break the rules or policy through the Support system and not publicly as you have done.
  • LunaMoonStarLunaMoonStar
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 590
    Posts: 20
    Member
    edited July 2
    I didn't think any player had been named, any guild, alliance etc, shamed or witch hunted, I presumed we were still asking for a safe fishing zone in the pvp area and pointing out everytime we are killed, why is is needed. my guess is our suggestions or pleads for this are not going anywhere.
  • GrizzlyUKGrizzlyUK
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 4,090
    Posts: 444
    Member
    edited July 3
    I didn't think any player had been named, any guild, alliance etc, shamed or witch hunted, I presumed we were still asking for a safe fishing zone in the pvp area and pointing out everytime we are killed, why is is needed. my guess is our suggestions or pleads for this are not going anywhere.

    It's in reference to the two screenshots that were posted and have now been removed. Yes we are still asking for the fishing spot in a PvP zone to be made a safe spot so that players don't have to constantly worry about being killed by other players taking advantage of an easy target. All we can do is keep asking and try to keep this topic alive. Sadly the forums aren't as active or busy as they used to be, but hopefully Nexon will take notice and decide this is a needed change.
    SqueaksJustaRider
  • SevenSeasSevenSeas
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 1,420
    Posts: 130
    Member
    edited July 3
    Instead of making the fishing spot in a PvP zone into a safe spot, wouldn't it make more sense to just make the event also available in one or all of the fishing spots in the non-PvP zone?
  • YllmathirYllmathir
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 6,780
    Posts: 941
    Member
    edited July 3
    Cream wrote: »
    @Yllmathir

    It is absolutely against the Code of Honor and policy to Name Shame/ Witch Hunt players, guilds, alliances etc.. This is not a new rule or part of Nexon policy for that matter. Let's report those that break the rules or policy through the Support system and not publicly as you have done.

    And where is the honor in killing players clearly afk fishing?
    I don't mind engaging PvP when I'm active and it's my choice to do that, but when people is afk due to an event that clearly is not in any way related to PvP and get killed.. Well I don't find it so much honorable.
    But whatever... rules are rules..
    SqueaksGrizzlyUKJustaRiderdannie
  • YllmathirYllmathir
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 6,780
    Posts: 941
    Member
    edited July 3
    SevenSeas wrote: »
    Instead of making the fishing spot in a PvP zone into a safe spot, wouldn't it make more sense to just make the event also available in one or all of the fishing spots in the non-PvP zone?

    Seems that Nexon just want to try to "force us" into Stygea and maybe trying to catch our attention about PvP content..
    But events should be for everyone 'cause there are also player that don't like PvP at all.
    GrizzlyUKSqueaks
  • GrizzlyUKGrizzlyUK
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 4,090
    Posts: 444
    Member
    edited July 4
    Yllmathir wrote: »
    Cream wrote: »
    @Yllmathir

    It is absolutely against the Code of Honor and policy to Name Shame/ Witch Hunt players, guilds, alliances etc.. This is not a new rule or part of Nexon policy for that matter. Let's report those that break the rules or policy through the Support system and not publicly as you have done.

    And where is the honor in killing players clearly afk fishing?
    I don't mind engaging PvP when I'm active and it's my choice to do that, but when people is afk due to an event that clearly is not in any way related to PvP and get killed.. Well I don't find it so much honorable.
    But whatever... rules are rules..

    There is no honour in what these players are doing, they're just taking advantage of other players who aren't able to even defend themselves!
    Yllmathir wrote: »
    SevenSeas wrote: »
    Instead of making the fishing spot in a PvP zone into a safe spot, wouldn't it make more sense to just make the event also available in one or all of the fishing spots in the non-PvP zone?

    Seems that Nexon just want to try to "force us" into Stygea and maybe trying to catch our attention about PvP content..
    But events should be for everyone 'cause there are also player that don't like PvP at all.

    Nothing wrong with trying to get players to try a bit of PvP, but the actions of these players is having the opposite effect!
    JustaRider
  • GrizzlyUKGrizzlyUK
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 4,090
    Posts: 444
    Member
    edited July 4
    SevenSeas wrote: »
    Instead of making the fishing spot in a PvP zone into a safe spot, wouldn't it make more sense to just make the event also available in one or all of the fishing spots in the non-PvP zone?

    That's certainly an option for the event, but when the event finishes the fishing spot in Stygea would still be a dangerous place to try and fish, which is why we want that spot to be made a permanent safe spot.
  • JustaRiderJustaRider
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 740
    Posts: 19
    Member
    edited July 5
    Ok, the same 3 or 4 people are still killing afk fishers..I see tons of AFK people standing in town because they have been killed..is anyone going to do anything about this? or is this event going to be another fail?