[ATTN NEW RIDERS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
Closed

[COMPLETED] Unscheduled Maintenance - July 5, 2018

IsongamingIsongaming
Riders of Icarus Rep: 735
Administrator
edited July 4 in Official News
en_unscheduled160629_icarus_webmaintenance.jpg

Greetings Riders,

We will be performing an unscheduled maintenance on Thursday, July 5, 2018 We anticipate the maintenance to last approximately 1 hour(s). Please note that the estimated length of time for each maintenance is subject to change without notification.

Thanks for your patience!

Time:

July 5, 2018

Coordinated Universal Time (UTC): 6:00 AM - 7:00 AM
Pacific Daylight Time: 11:00 PM [July 4] – 12:00 AM [July 5]
Eastern Daylight Time: 2:00 AM – 3:00 AM
Central European Summer Time: 8:00 AM – 9:00 AM
Australian Eastern Standard Time: 4:00 PM- 5:00 PM

What will be unavailable:
- All Riders of Icarus game servers.

Changes and Updates:
- General Server Upkeep

Compensation Rewards:

- 100% Health Recovery Potion (3 Pack)
- Familiar Full Growth Potion
- Lv. 200 Elite Tempering Stone (2 Pack)
- Catnip x2
- Ellun (10 Pack)

Comments

• quvadesquvades
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 300
    edited July 4
    did we get the same compensation in EU as the NA ppl or did we get less again like yesterday......
  • SqueaksSqueaks
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 1,005
    edited July 5
    Isongaming wrote: »
    Compensation Rewards:
    - Catnip x2
    - Ellun (10 Pack)
    It says right here what you're getting compensated. If you don't get what it says, then that's your answer.
  • quvadesquvades
    edited July 5
    Squeaks wrote: »
    Isongaming wrote: »
    Compensation Rewards:
    - Catnip x2
    - Ellun (10 Pack)
    It says right here what you're getting compensated. If you don't get what it says, then that's your answer.

did you see this from yesterday xD that why i ask

NA Region

100% Health Recovery Potion (3 Pack)
    Independence Day Talisman Package x1
    Familiar Full Growth Potion x3
    Lv. 240 Elite Tempering Stone (2 Pack)
    Catnip x15
    MacBain Coin (30 Pack)
    Full Attack Power Tincture x5
    Full Defense Tincture x5

EU Region

100% Health Recovery Potion (3 Pack)
    Familiar Growth Potion x3
    Lv.240 Elite Tempering Stone (2 Pack)
    Catnip x15
    MacBain Coin (30 Pack)
  • SqueaksSqueaks
    edited July 5
    Yesterday your time is today my time, for me it was posted an hour and a half ago for my time lmao
    Also, the independance day talisman is for the NA fourth of july, since it was our holiday yesterday so makes sense EU wouldn't get one I suppose.
  • WinterSagaWinterSaga
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 330
    edited July 5
    I do not see how it makes sense that NA got more rewards than EU, it's not like we get any reward on our national hollidays
    quvades
  • quvadesquvades
    edited July 5
    Yesterday your time is today my time, for me it was posted an hour and a half ago for my time lmao
    Also, the independance day talisman is for the NA fourth of july, since it was our holiday yesterday so makes sense EU wouldn't get one I suppose.

the EU has more public holiday then NA did we get at this days special items... NO we dont
  • GrizzlyUKGrizzlyUK
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 4,890
    edited July 5

That only explains the talisman, NA players also got:
    Full Attack Power Tincture x5
    Full Defense Tincture x5

EU players didn't get those, so care to try and explain that part? ;) Just leaves EU players feeling under-valued, more so when Nexon gives zero reasons and no explanations as to why NA players get extra compensation. As for the talisman, what about NA players who are currently living in the EU, do they not celebrate July 4th as well?
  • SqueaksSqueaks
    edited July 5
    The way I see it is, I wouldn't really complain if EU got more compensation that NA did, mainly because I play the game for the things I can do in it and only care about the maint being over, not the things I get for how long it takes them to complete maint. I'm sure everyone plays games differently, but, to me those compensations are just miscellaneous things that, impo, aren't really that good since they're the same compensation, over and over again. It would be different if we got different compensation each time, but we don't. If it's such a big deal to get the same things, there's support tickets you can sumbit, but other than that, there's no game out there who gets things perfect, or who doesn't mess up, no matter how many times. That's just how the gaming business is.
  • GrizzlyUKGrizzlyUK
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 4,890
    edited July 6
    Seems you don't get why EU players aren't happy about that compensation, it's not about the actual items given out it's about the fact that NA players were given a "larger" compensation package and yet Nexon gave no explanation or reason why. As you said, the talisman was probably for July 4th, but as I said, there are plenty of Americans living in various parts of Europe who also celebrate July 4th but it seems they don't qualify as far as Nexon is concerned!

In the majority of other games I've played over the years the game devs work damn hard at communicating with their player communities, especially when problems occur. Nexon doesn't, those playing RoI via Steam are now complaining that Nexon hasn't posted anything to the Steam Community Page for some time. News posts and announcements are somewhat hit and miss around here, some weeks we get a post about maintenance and some weeks we don't. We don't even have a Community Manager anymore, not since PuffyHuff (who replaced Cuddles) just vanished back around January/February of this year.

You are correct that there's "no game out there who gets things perfect, or who doesn't mess up, no matter how many times" but the vast majority work very hard at getting as close to perfect as they can. Nexon just doesn't seem to care either way, it's been almost two weeks since the screw up during the Icarus Day Hourly Giveaway log-in event and the latest update is that the issue is still "under investigation" by Nexon Devs.

But hey, no point making a big deal out any of this right? ;)
This discussion has been closed.