[ATTN NEW RIDERS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
Closed

New Magician class - please remove the black pants

SevenSeasSevenSeas
Riders of Icarus Rep: 1,520
Posts: 165
Member
edited July 29 in Suggestions and Feedback
So it looks like we're getting the new Magician class later this month :
http://icarus.nexon.net/en/microsite/32485

Nexon, please remove the black paint-on pants cause they look very ugly and out of place. Please revert them to how it is in other regions (KR, JP, CN, ...) or give us the option to choose to enable/disable the black pants through our options settings. You may want to extend this option to the Trickster class as well.

In spite of what a few radical extremists would have you believe, most people in the west do not have an issue with bare legs. You don't see people asking black leggings being added onto Disney's Tinkerbell :


@Isongaming You prob don't read the forums, but I'll tag you anyways ...

Giving us the option to enable/disable the black paint-on pants should accomodate both extremists and normal folks.

UPDATED ON July 27, 2018 :
Since Cream has said that she forwarded my info on day one of this thread (even though she didn't based on her comments in this thread), I'm removing this pointless poll since my suggestion accommodates both sides of the community anyways. For anyone interested, the poll results at the time of it's removal is this :

m0lXLae.jpg

This is my response to her post :
SevenSeas wrote: »
@Cream

In the official Magician thread, you made a comment that you had forwarded my info on day one of this thread :
http://forums.icarus.nexon.net/discussion/23259/upcoming-magician-update/p1
Cream wrote: »
@SevenSeas

The information was forward on day one of the thread you made in due time!

Perhaps, you can explain why you said that in the official thread when in reality you did not agree to forward any info in this thread. In fact, when I asked you in my 2nd post if you had forwarded my suggestion, you said :
Cream wrote: »
Your topic is actually a dead topic but you are always welcome to bring back subjects. That topic as you well know was covered by the entire community time ago and the majority of the community decided on the leggings, so it was implemented.
You even wanted me to make a poll before you will forward my suggestion and then even after I made a poll you still didn't say anything about forwarding my suggestion. You just said good luck and left me hanging.

Can you explain why you wrote that? Did you really forward the info to the team on day one? Why didn't you say so here?

PS. Since my making my poll has no effect on whether or not you forward my suggestion, I'm removing it. You never acknowledged you would forward my suggestion in this thread even after I made the poll and you said you already forwarded my suggestion on day one in the official thread, so that poll is just a pointless distraction in either case. As I said before, making a poll is pointless because my suggestion accommodates BOTH SIDES of the community (whether you are for or against the black leggings) since my suggestion allows them to choose between the 2. The only people that would choose "no" are griefers, because in reality somebody who wants no change can simply choose not to disable the black pants even if my suggestion is implemented.

Comments

  • SevenSeasSevenSeas
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 1,520
    Posts: 165
    Member
    edited July 13
    @Cream

    It was moved from General Discussion to Suggestion/Feedback, so somebody must have read it (I'm guessing it's you Cream?). Are you going to forward this to the team? Cause usually if concerns are forwarded to the team, there is usually a comment that it would be forwarded but I see nothing here about that.

    Since we have no Community Manager, what is the criteria of getting feedback sent to the team now? Is it only at the discretion of the mod? In the past I could just PM a CM (like Cuddles) even when my feedback is ignored by the mods and she'll forward it to the team, but without a CM I can no longer do that. This gives a single player (a mod) too much power on what is or isn't important feedback for the Nexon team. I see this as a serious issue that needs to be addressed and why we really do need a community manager.

    (Plus the @ tag doesn't seem to work any more)
  • CreamCream
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 21,875
    Posts: 3,715
    Forum Moderator, Council Member
    edited July 13
    @SevenSeas

    Allow me to tell you something, even if a topic is against me or I am involved in it I am the first person to tell our past or current CM's the problem/issue. I do not hide anything even if I committed a mistake ( and I have ).

    My position here gives me no power in absolute, it is only what I have earned these past years by working diligently and honestly representing this community and looking forward to its well being among other factors. I do agree that we need our CM/Isongaming to be more active with the community but it doesn't mean he is not working doing more than you, the community and also I know for this game. I can tell you I am in constant communication with his team (CM and GM's).

    Now, I have never stopped or will ever stop forwarding information from the community to my superiors in spite or capricious circumstances or any other reason. Not every thread and every single post I comment neither the CM in the past have done so. Your topic is actually a dead topic but you are always welcome to bring back subjects. That topic as you well know was covered by the entire community time ago and the majority of the community decided on the leggings, so it was implemented.

    The tag @ has been reported but at least works as an indication that you are directly addressing to someone @Cream @everyone ;)



    qWbaNsH.jpg
  • SevenSeasSevenSeas
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 1,520
    Posts: 165
    Member
    edited July 13
    Cream wrote: »
    Your topic is actually a dead topic but you are always welcome to bring back subjects.

    How is my topic a dead topic? The magician is a NEW class! I want to make sure the NEW team knows that the legging WERE NOT SOMETHING WE ASKED FOR so they can make changes for the NEW class!

    Cream wrote: »
    That topic as you well know was covered by the entire community time ago and the majority of the community decided on the leggings, so it was implemented.

    Sorry but THAT IS A STRAIGHT LIE. You made that same false claim a long time ago and it was DEBUNKED. Prove that it was asked for ... show me a reference where the community asked for leggings. In fact, it was proven that NO ONE asked for leggings in the thread that you are referring to which you have conveniently recently deleted (why did you delete that?).

    In that thread, we did a follow up analysis and showed NO ONE ASKED FOR LEGGINGS and only 4 individuals in a 20 something page thread (forgot exactly how long it was) had concerns about the toons being oversexualized. Those 4 individuals posted multiple times in that thread to make it a bigger concern than it actually was. Restore that thread and prove me wrong.

    At least you have basically confirmed that you will not forward my concerns to the team, which is why I say it's a big problem to basically have one player decide what should or should not be forwarded to the Nexon team. The forum is meant to be a place for communication between players and the company. But right now, that communication appears to be gated by a single individual player who holds absolute power as to what is conveyed to the team.

    @Isongaming You prob don't read the forums, but I'll tag you anyways ...
  • GrizzlyUKGrizzlyUK
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 4,890
    Posts: 603
    Member
    edited July 13
    The @ tag does still work, but sadly we only seem to have @Cream active in the forums now so even though forum activity is down there's still a lot for one person to do.

    It might be an idea to add a vote so that others reading this can give their response without the need to add an actual comment. I would love Nexon to revert that awful censoring of the Trickster and I really hope they don't do the same for any other new class. Sadly I missed out on pretty much all the discussions and debate about the Trickster simply because I wasn't even aware that it had become such an issue!

    People claimed that the Trickster would encourage all sorts of sexual deviance, but I just cannot understand how some people can claim that a video game has the potential to influence anyone in such a way, but they have no problem with all the violence, the way female NPC's are portrayed, nor anything else! Sorry but I just cannot agree with such narrow-minded thinking, especially when they claim one small part can inluence people but the rest is fine and won't have any effect on people at all! The fact that Nexon then gave credence to this by adding those awful black leggings to the Trickster is just ridiculous.
    ClawFox
  • SevenSeasSevenSeas
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 1,520
    Posts: 165
    Member
    edited July 13
    GrizzlyUK wrote: »
    The fact that Nexon then gave credence to this by adding those awful black leggings to the Trickster is just ridiculous.

    On top of that, the black leggings were never asked for even by those who thought the Trickster was overly sexualized.
  • GrizzlyUKGrizzlyUK
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 4,890
    Posts: 603
    Member
    edited July 13
    Cream wrote: »
    @SevenSeas

    Allow to tell you something, even if a topic is against me or I am involved in it I am the first person to tell our past or current CM's the problem/issue. I do not hide anything even if I committed a mistake ( and I have ).

    My position here gives me no power in absolute, it is only what I have earned these past years by working diligently and honestly representing this community and looking forward to its well being among other factors. I do agree that we need our CM/Isongaming to be more active with the community but it doesn't mean he is not working doing more than you, the community and also I know for this game. I can tell you I am in constant communication with his team (CM and GM's).

    Now, I have never stopped or will ever stop forwarding information from the community to my superiors in spite or capricious circumstances or any other reason. Not every thread and every single post I comment neither the CM in the past have done so. Your topic is actually a dead topic but you are always welcome to bring back subjects. That topic as you well know was covered by the entire community time ago and the majority of the community decided on the leggings, so it was implemented.

    The tag @ has been reported but at least works as an indication that you are directly to someone @Cream @everyone ;)



    qWbaNsH.jpg

    The topic was NOT well covered by the entire community and certainly the majority of the community did not decide on the leggings. The majority of the community were not even aware that there was any sort of issue, I certainly didn't and when I eventually tried to get involved to have my say it was too late and threads were being closed, apprently because Nexon had made their decision and no further discussions were required! It was more a case of the vocal minority posting so much while the silent majority were unaware of what was happening!

    Just how can anyone argue that the Trickster is overly sexualized and will encourage peadophiles when virtually every female character in the game is clad in revealing armor and clothes? Sorry but if a game can influence people in such a way then it can also influence people towards violence, brutality, abusive behaviour and all sorts of other things! Let's also not forget the clear examples of animal cruelty! Nexons actions in deciding to add those horrible leggings to the Trickster opened that door, as such Nexon cannot simply decide to close the door and ignore everything else!

    I want Nexon to remove those leggings from the Trickster and I do not want them added to the new Magician class coming later this month!
  • CreamCream
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 21,875
    Posts: 3,715
    Forum Moderator, Council Member
    edited July 13
    @GrizzlyUK

    The topic was very well covered and while the leggings were not the ideal solution for the community, most community members reacted negatively to the class. The were numerous request from members to not implement the class and to make sure that armors were properly designed to the Trickster class and were made available to players.

    If community members were not in our community when all the debates occurred is out of our hands. However, as I said it is a dead subject since Rise of the Trickster update was over a year ago and the discussions were present several months before. Consequently, Nexon gathered from forums and other media feedback from the community that participated in the discussions. I am not saying it was a 95% or 100% majority but the request for censorship was higher at the time.

    Also as I said above you guys are welcome to create a new thread (as you did) @SevenSeas, to talk about the subject and if the community request is considerable enough, anything can be discussed and considered!

    Additionally, we do not even know if the censorship will carry to the new class. I do understand the sentiment about the preferences of aesthetics when it comes to character customization. I am in no way against either option or in favor of it, just to be clear.

    We cannot add or take away by the decision or request of a less than a handful of players. Bring the subject to life and I will push forward whatever needs/wants that the community has as always!


    qWbaNsH.jpg
  • GrizzlyUKGrizzlyUK
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 4,890
    Posts: 603
    Member
    edited July 13
    @Cream

    I would be more than happy for the subject to be opened up for further discussion. I understand that, at the time, there was a "majority", but my point that the actual majority of players were unaware of the debate, let alone the issue itelf, is still valid. Obviously new players coming into the game and the community after all those debates is out of Nexons control, but surely Nexon can understand that there are many who just do not want those leggings on the Trickster nor on the upcoming Magician.

    Nobody is asking Nexon to do anything based on the opinions of just two players, we just want to be able to open discussions with the knowledge that Nexon would be willing to listen and, if enough opinions are heard, take appropriate action! In other words, if a large majority of Riders asked for the leggings to be removed from the Trickster would Nexon take note and actually remove them?

    Oh, and maybe you could give Isongaming a bit of a prod to make an actual forum announcement regarding the Dawn of the Magician Update ASAP please? Not exactly a lot of info on that page yet, but somewhere official to discuss it in the forums would be nice. ;)
  • CreamCream
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 21,875
    Posts: 3,715
    Forum Moderator, Council Member
    edited July 13
    @GrizzlyUK

    Ok, to start with if this thread is to be used to appeal the leggings in the Trickster class and the Magician class, a poll is needed! Also, get your Alliance, Guild, and friends etc.. to comment or vote about this discussion. I can only handle the information and advocate in the community's behalf if I have the proper supporting facts/evidence.

    Just to add, the game went live OBT on July 5th, 2016 and the Idol class thread (that was the largest thread for the topic) was created on July 7th, 2016 (just 2 days later). Rise of the Trickster Patch Update was implemented on July 7th, 2017. Simply stating how old this subject is.

    I will get that addressed today (forums postings) as soon as I can reach them!!! :s

    Please do the necessary adjustments and get the community that is at your reach to share their opinions and I will do what I always do for this community, to get whatever is requested, needed or anything else that needs to be forward and explained to the team and/or Dev's accomplished with due diligence and time.

    P.S.
    Time is short!



    qWbaNsH.jpg
  • SevenSeasSevenSeas
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 1,520
    Posts: 165
    Member
    edited July 13
    Cream wrote: »
    @GrizzlyUK

    Ok, to start with if this thread is to be used to appeal the leggings in the Trickster class and the Magician class, a poll is needed! Also, get your Alliance, Guild, and friends etc.. to comment or vote about this discussion. I can only handle the information and advocate in the community's behalf if I have the proper supporting facts/evidence.

    Since when was a poll required for you to forward a suggestion to the team? You're literally making up new criteria as we speak. There has only been one poll I'm aware of recently (the fishing pk poll), but you had acknowledged and forwarded so many other feedback/suggestions that did NOT have a poll!

    Also, my suggestion to make it an optional setting in the game accommodates BOTH SIDES, so those who want to keep the leggings are unaffected while those who want to remove the leggings now have the option to do so. So what's the point of a poll?

    @Isongaming You prob don't read the forums, but I'll tag you anyways ...
  • GrizzlyUKGrizzlyUK
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 4,890
    Posts: 603
    Member
    edited July 13
    @SevenSeas

    We are being given a chance for this to gain more attention, both within the community and with Nexon, neither you nor I nor Cream can speak for the entire community, therefore a poll will make it easier for Nexon to see what the "majority" would want. I think there would only need to be three options to choose from:
    1. Remove the black leggings fom the Trickster and do not add black leggings to the Magician
    2. Keep the black leggings on the Trickster and add black leggings to the Magician
    3. Provide an optional setting so that users have the freedom to choose what they see

    Why not just add a poll and then we can start trying to attract as much attention, votes and responses from others as we can? I suspect number 3 may be the more difficult for Nexon/WeMade to add to the game, but at least it's there as an option. *shrug*
  • SevenSeasSevenSeas
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 1,520
    Posts: 165
    Member
    edited July 13
    Cream wrote: »
    However, as I said it is a dead subject since Rise of the Trickster update was over a year ago and the discussions were present several months before. Consequently, Nexon gathered from forums and other media feedback from the community that participated in the discussions. I am not saying it was a 95% or 100% majority but the request for censorship was higher at the time.

    No, this is NOT a dead subject. This is a NEW subject for a NEW class (Magicican) being ported here by a NEW team and is therefore extremely relevant.

    The old discussion/thread you are referring to was NOT about censorship, it was about whether the appearance of the loli class fits in with the game. A lot of people simply didn't think a loli-looking character fits in with the game. And as I said, there was a follow-up analysis in that same thread that showed only 4 individuals were concerned with the over-sexualization ... in a 20-something PAGE thread. Those 4 just posted many times in the thread to make it look like a bigger issue than it was.

    Stop making things up. Prove me wrong by restoring that thread. Why did you even delete that thread? There are many older and newer threads around, and yet you deleted that thread and then now come here and make all these false claims about that thread.

    PS.
    I just found an old post that quoted the contents of the poll text (3rd post posted by Keychan):
    http://forums.icarus.nexon.net/discussion/21625/dev-blog-rise-of-the-trickster/p1
    Yes! The classes appearance is completely unfitting and the character design should be reworked 66% (119 votes)
    No. The classes appearance does not bother me. 34% (61 votes)

    @Cream Care to explain how this fits in with your story that the majority requested censorship and more specifically the black pants we got stuck with?? You misrepresented the poll now just as you misrepresented the poll then. The poll was about whether a loli-looking character fits in with the game.


    @Isongaming You prob don't read the forums, but I'll tag you anyways ...
  • SevenSeasSevenSeas
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 1,520
    Posts: 165
    Member
    edited July 13
    GrizzlyUK wrote: »
    @SevenSeas

    We are being given a chance for this to gain more attention, both within the community and with Nexon, neither you nor I nor Cream can speak for the entire community, therefore a poll will make it easier for Nexon to see what the "majority" would want. I think there would only need to be three options to choose from:
    1. Remove the black leggings fom the Trickster and do not add black leggings to the Magician
    2. Keep the black leggings on the Trickster and add black leggings to the Magician
    3. Provide an optional setting so that users have the freedom to choose what they see

    Why not just add a poll and then we can start trying to attract as much attention, votes and responses from others as we can? I suspect number 3 may be the more difficult for Nexon/WeMade to add to the game, but at least it's there as an option. *shrug*

    I will add one, but my point was that this is a new criteria she just made up for forwarding my feedback.

    But polls are pointless given how few people bother with these forums. Just look at how many views are in the majority of the threads here. We're talking 20 something views for most threads. And the view count includes the same person viewing it multiple times, so if I read this thread 10 times then that adds 10 view counts.

    Oh one more thing, there was never a poll done to see whether we wanted black leggings when it was first added to the Trickster class. The irony of her requests ...
  • CreamCream
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 21,875
    Posts: 3,715
    Forum Moderator, Council Member
    edited July 13
    @SevenSeas

    I do apologize for my error by saying "majority of the community decided on the leggings". What I intended to say was that the community according to that major thread and poll but also other media, requested a "rework" as stated on the Idol class thread from July 2016. I am not lying as you mention I simply didn't express my self correctly. So, the community requested by majority decision the class to be "reworked" and the Dev's, not Nexon implemented the leggings as rework per community request. You see I am not hiding the fact that I was wrong or made a mistake, thank you for correcting me, Rider!

    I did not create a story about this subject it is all there and thank you for posting the poll that very well explains that the community asked for a "rework".

    Here is the original main thread The Idol Class OP post and the poll;

    3tsPYLi.png


    Now I see you added a poll to this discussion but you did not add an option for those that want the Trickster/Magician class as is (no changes). That makes this poll biased and will not provide a broader spectrum of the community opinions.




    qWbaNsH.jpg


  • SevenSeasSevenSeas
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 1,520
    Posts: 165
    Member
    edited July 13
    Cream wrote: »
    @SevenSeas

    I do apologize for my error by saying "majority of the community decided on the leggings". What I intended to say was that the community according to that major thread and poll but also other media, requested a "rework" as stated on the Idol class thread from July 2016. I am not lying as you mention I simply didn't express my self correctly. So, the community requested by majority decision the class to be "reworked" and the Dev's, not Nexon implemented the leggings as rework per community request. You see I am not hiding the fact that I was wrong or made a mistake, thank you for correcting me, Rider!

    I did not create a story about this subject it is all there and thank you for posting the poll that very well explains that the community asked for a "rework".

    Here is the original main thread The Idol Class OP post and the poll;

    3tsPYLi.png

    The image you yourself just posted CLEARLY shows that the thread/poll has NOTHING TO DO WITH CENSORSHIP OR ADDING PAINTED BLACK PANTS!!

    And you only came clean and posted what was really being discussed AFTER I found an old post that quoted the poll's text and proving that your earlier claims that "the majority of the community decided on the leggings, so it was implemented" was FALSE.

    And why was that thread deleted in the first place? And why would you use a deleted thread as "evidence" to back up a FALSE claim??

    Like I said before, the original poll/discussion was about concerns with whether a loli-looking character fits in with the game. What does that have to do with censorship you were going on about before? How did you look at that thread and conclude that the community wants ugly black pants pasted on the character's legs?

    Everything you said before this last post has been made up stories!

    And since you're all into polls, where was the poll that asked the community if they wanted ugly black pants pasted on the character's legs before you guys added it in?

    So then why do I have to make a poll about giving the option of removing something nobody asked for in the first place? Why don't you just forward my feedback/suggestion to the team like you do normally? Why all of a sudden you don't want to forward anything unless we have a poll? Did you just come up with this new rule/criteria for forwarding suggestions to the team??? How many suggestions have you forwarded to the team before without requiring a poll?

    Cream wrote: »
    Now I see you added a poll to this discussion but you did not add an option for those that want the Trickster/Magician class as is (no changes). That makes this poll biased and will not provide a broader spectrum of the community opinions.

    My poll asks if people wants the option to enable/disable the ugly black pants. There is a yes option and a no option. The person who wants no changes at all will choose the no option. Where is your problem??

    The only people that would choose no are griefers, because in reality somebody who wants no change can simply choose not to disable the black pants even if my suggestion is implemented. So even if there was no "no" option in my poll, people who wants no change is still accommodated! There's no downside to the community with my suggestion! A poll isn't even needed since BOTH SIDES of the community are accommodated by my suggestion!

    @Isongaming You prob don't read the forums, but I'll tag you anyways ...
  • CreamCream
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 21,875
    Posts: 3,715
    Forum Moderator, Council Member
    edited July 13
    I wish you good luck with the post and I hope that what you intend with the discussion is accomplished Rider!

    Have a nice day!

    qWbaNsH.jpg
  • GrizzlyUKGrizzlyUK
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 4,890
    Posts: 603
    Member
    edited July 13
    SevenSeas wrote: »
    I will add one, but my point was that this is a new criteria she just made up for forwarding my feedback.

    But polls are pointless given how few people bother with these forums. Just look at how many views are in the majority of the threads here. We're talking 20 something views for most threads. And the view count includes the same person viewing it multiple times, so if I read this thread 10 times then that adds 10 view counts.

    Oh one more thing, there was never a poll done to see whether we wanted black leggings when it was first added to the Trickster class. The irony of her requests ...

    Currently yes, polls aren't going to garner much of a response due to the low numbers of forum users, which is why @Cream stated:
    ...get your Alliance, Guild, and friends etc.. to comment or vote about this discussion. I can only handle the information and advocate in the community's behalf if I have the proper supporting facts/evidence.
    The ideal solution would be for Nexon to begin an official poll and advertise it everywhere possible for at least a month so as to gain the attention of as many Riders as possible. That way Nexon could be certain they were getting the broadest range of feedback regarding the black leggings on the Trickster.

    Your suggestion to add an option to enable/disable the black leggings on the Trickster (and possibly on the Magician) is a good suggestion, however it may not actually be possible due to engine limitations or other problems/reasons. This is why it would be a good idea to have both the "Remove the black leggings" and "Keep the black leggings" options. Obviously this is your suggestion and as such it's up to you what options you put in a poll. *shrug*
  • SevenSeasSevenSeas
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 1,520
    Posts: 165
    Member
    edited July 14
    Cream wrote: »
    I wish you good luck with the post and I hope that what you intend with the discussion is accomplished Rider!

    Have a nice day!

    Why are you wishing me luck with the post? If you forward my suggestion/feedback to the team, then I would already have accomplished what I wanted to do. If on the other hand you refuse to forward my suggestion/feedback to the team, then all the luck in the world won't matter cause they won't know it.

    This is why they really need to assign a community manager. Giving one single player (you) absolute control as to what will or will not reach their ears is just a bad idea. There's an old saying : power corrupts and absolute power corrupts absolutely.

    The whole idea that I need to have a poll before you will forward my suggestion to them is absurd since there was never such a criteria before. And now that I have created a poll as you asked, you tell me good luck with my post?

    @Isongaming You prob don't read the forums, but I'll tag you anyways ...


  • SevenSeasSevenSeas
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 1,520
    Posts: 165
    Member
    edited July 14
    GrizzlyUK wrote: »
    SevenSeas wrote: »
    I will add one, but my point was that this is a new criteria she just made up for forwarding my feedback.

    But polls are pointless given how few people bother with these forums. Just look at how many views are in the majority of the threads here. We're talking 20 something views for most threads. And the view count includes the same person viewing it multiple times, so if I read this thread 10 times then that adds 10 view counts.

    Oh one more thing, there was never a poll done to see whether we wanted black leggings when it was first added to the Trickster class. The irony of her requests ...

    Currently yes, polls aren't going to garner much of a response due to the low numbers of forum users, which is why @Cream stated:
    ...get your Alliance, Guild, and friends etc.. to comment or vote about this discussion. I can only handle the information and advocate in the community's behalf if I have the proper supporting facts/evidence.
    The ideal solution would be for Nexon to begin an official poll and advertise it everywhere possible for at least a month so as to gain the attention of as many Riders as possible. That way Nexon could be certain they were getting the broadest range of feedback regarding the black leggings on the Trickster.

    Your suggestion to add an option to enable/disable the black leggings on the Trickster (and possibly on the Magician) is a good suggestion, however it may not actually be possible due to engine limitations or other problems/reasons. This is why it would be a good idea to have both the "Remove the black leggings" and "Keep the black leggings" options. Obviously this is your suggestion and as such it's up to you what options you put in a poll. *shrug*

    You miss the point. A poll was never a criteria for forwarding a suggestion to the team. She just made this criteria up. And now that I have created a poll, nothing has changed as she still has NOT agreed to forward my suggestion.

    And a poll is pointless anyways because my suggestion accommodates BOTH SIDES of the community. So whether you are for or against the black leggings, my suggestion will work.

    If I made a poll with the "Remove the black leggings" and "Keep the black leggings" options as you suggest, it would serve no purpose since my suggestion accommodates BOTH those options.

    My suggestion allows us the option to remove the black pants WITHOUT affecting those who doesn't want anything changed.

    Slightly off-topic, but I think I know why they are refusing to forward my suggestion/feedback to the team. I think they misrepresented the contents of the original thread/poll before and gave the devs the wrong impression that players in the west wanted censorship and so we end up with those ugly black pants on the Trickster. If they forwarded my suggestion/feedback, then the devs may question why they were asked to censor the character to begin with. Then they would have to admit they misrepresented the poll and wasted development resources implementing something nobody asked for. I believe they pre-emptively deleted the entire original thread/poll because they knew the topic will be revisited when the Magician class is introduced and they didn't want any evidence of their misrepresentation. It's basically a cover up. This is my conspiracy theory. :)
  • GrizzlyUKGrizzlyUK
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 4,890
    Posts: 603
    Member
    edited July 14
    SevenSeas wrote: »
    GrizzlyUK wrote: »
    SevenSeas wrote: »
    I will add one, but my point was that this is a new criteria she just made up for forwarding my feedback.

    But polls are pointless given how few people bother with these forums. Just look at how many views are in the majority of the threads here. We're talking 20 something views for most threads. And the view count includes the same person viewing it multiple times, so if I read this thread 10 times then that adds 10 view counts.

    Oh one more thing, there was never a poll done to see whether we wanted black leggings when it was first added to the Trickster class. The irony of her requests ...

    Currently yes, polls aren't going to garner much of a response due to the low numbers of forum users, which is why @Cream stated:
    ...get your Alliance, Guild, and friends etc.. to comment or vote about this discussion. I can only handle the information and advocate in the community's behalf if I have the proper supporting facts/evidence.
    The ideal solution would be for Nexon to begin an official poll and advertise it everywhere possible for at least a month so as to gain the attention of as many Riders as possible. That way Nexon could be certain they were getting the broadest range of feedback regarding the black leggings on the Trickster.

    Your suggestion to add an option to enable/disable the black leggings on the Trickster (and possibly on the Magician) is a good suggestion, however it may not actually be possible due to engine limitations or other problems/reasons. This is why it would be a good idea to have both the "Remove the black leggings" and "Keep the black leggings" options. Obviously this is your suggestion and as such it's up to you what options you put in a poll. *shrug*

    You miss the point. A poll was never a criteria for forwarding a suggestion to the team. She just made this criteria up. And now that I have created a poll, nothing has changed as she still has NOT agreed to forward my suggestion.

    And a poll is pointless anyways because my suggestion accommodates BOTH SIDES of the community. So whether you are for or against the black leggings, my suggestion will work.

    If I made a poll with the "Remove the black leggings" and "Keep the black leggings" options as you suggest, it would serve no purpose since my suggestion accommodates BOTH those options.

    My suggestion allows us the option to remove the black pants WITHOUT affecting those who doesn't want anything changed.

    Slightly off-topic, but I think I know why they are refusing to forward my suggestion/feedback to the team. I think they misrepresented the contents of the original thread/poll before and gave the devs the wrong impression that players in the west wanted censorship and so we end up with those ugly black pants on the Trickster. If they forwarded my suggestion/feedback, then the devs may question why they were asked to censor the character to begin with. Then they would have to admit they misrepresented the poll and wasted development resources implementing something nobody asked for. I believe they pre-emptively deleted the entire original thread/poll because they knew the topic will be revisited when the Magician class is introduced and they didn't want any evidence of their misrepresentation. It's basically a cover up. This is my conspiracy theory. :)

    Really not sure why you are refusing to understand what has been explained! Yes, your suggestion covers both options, but only IF it can be implemented! If your suggestion simply cannot be implemented due to game engine limitations, problems with the graphics, or any number of other potential reasons why your suggestion simply can not be added to the game, then the "Remove the black leggings" and "Keep the black leggings" options become the next best alternative! You are making the assumption that your suggestion can easily be added into the game, when in fact it may be impossible!

    I have no intention of getting drawn into whatever issue you have with @Cream. I simply want Nexon to remove those horrible black leggings from the Trickster and I do not want them added to the new Magician class! I believe that there are a lot of other Riders who would also want that if they knew it was a possibility.
This discussion has been closed.