[ATTN NEW RIDERS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Upcoming Magician Update

IsongamingIsongaming
Riders of Icarus Rep: 735
Posts: 29
Administrator
edited July 16 in Official News
287lu1x.png

Greetings Riders,

Dawn of the Magician Update Preview. See what's coming on the 26th of July, 2018.

Perhaps the most tragic of feeling of all is being unable to become what you were told you were destined to do. For some of the Shalings, this has always been the case. While some of the Shalings have been able to pass and perform each trial before them to become Tricksters, there are just those that can't seem to keep up with the rest of them.

pic1.png?width=547px&height=260px

Princess Lania knows this and understand how these Shalings are feeling. The princess has requested Crow from the Onyx Order to imbue these Shalings with the power of Chaos. Though the princess did this out of Pity, the King and the Onyx Order Commander have other plans in mind.

pic2.png?width=571px&height=249px

Dive right back in and wield the power of Chaos once again as the Magician coming this July 26, 2018.

Comments

  • GrizzlyUKGrizzlyUK
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 4,525
    Posts: 525
    Member
    edited July 17
    Excellent, thank you for posting this announcement here in the forums! :)

    For me, the most important question I have right now is whether Nexon will be adding a new, 8th character slot for Riders to unlock with this update? Really hope so because I just do not want to wait another 12 months to create a Magician like we had to do with the Trickster!

    Also, no special event or anything? Just thinking back to previous new class updates (Ranger and Trickster) when Nexon ran pre-registration events for Riders to receive a special, exclusive pack of items. :(

    I was also going to ask if the Magician will also have the same ugly black leggings as the Trickster but they can clearly be seen in the last picture so yes, the Magician does have the same ugly black leggings as the Trickster! :(
    Zonallias
  • ZonalliasZonallias
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 520
    Posts: 8
    Member
    edited July 17
    I just hope this isn't a teaser for another teaser on the release date lol.
  • SevenSeasSevenSeas
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 1,520
    Posts: 160
    Member
    edited July 17
    I'm happy that we're getting the Magician class, but am disappointed in seeing the black pants. Since nobody asked for these pants to be added to the new class, there should be no reason for those pants to be there. At least not without a concensus from the community.

    Do not make the same mistake as you made on the Trickster/Idol class. You guys added black pants to the Trickster class when it came out in our region and the reason given was that the community asked for it based on a discussion/poll surrounding the Trickster/Idol class. As it turns out though, that claim has been proven to be untrue and therefore the black pants should never have been implemented on Trickster /Idol class in the first place. However, at least you guys recognized the need for community consensus (eg. discussion/pol) before making changes to the original appearance of the class.

    The Magician is a brand new class for our region. Therefore, even if the claims that the Trickster had black pants added to them due to a discussion/poll for the Trickster/Idol class was true, a new discussion/poll for the new Magician class will be needed before making changes to the original appearance of this new Magician class. Since no such discussion/poll has been made for this new class, there is no justification for changing its appearance, so we should get the original appearance as it appears in other regions WITHOUT the black pants. :)

    TLDR version : There is no justification for adding black pants to the new Magician class since nobody asked for them. By default, we should get the original version WITHOUT the black pants. Black pants should only be added to this new class if a new poll justifies it.

    GrizzlyUKZonalliasdannie
  • danniedannie
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 660
    Posts: 18
    Member
    edited July 17
    Ditto. it's kinda overdue as well granted they did need to fix things, but i think it took longer than most stuck around for.

    Also what about those of us that have six characters already, Kinda hard to get one if your character number are already to the max this version allows and the answer IS NOT to delete one. Need to either fix this or something.

    I frankly don't want to create another account just for this class.
  • SevenSeasSevenSeas
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 1,520
    Posts: 160
    Member
    edited July 17
    SevenSeas wrote: »
    I'm happy that we're getting the Magician class, but am disappointed in seeing the black pants. Since nobody asked for these pants to be added to the new class, there should be no reason for those pants to be there. At least not without a concensus from the community.

    Do not make the same mistake as you made on the Trickster/Idol class. You guys added black pants to the Trickster class when it came out in our region and the reason given was that the community asked for it based on a discussion/poll surrounding the Trickster/Idol class. As it turns out though, that claim has been proven to be untrue and therefore the black pants should never have been implemented on Trickster /Idol class in the first place. However, at least you guys recognized the need for community consensus (eg. discussion/pol) before making changes to the original appearance of the class.

    The Magician is a brand new class for our region. Therefore, even if the claims that the Trickster had black pants added to them due to a discussion/poll for the Trickster/Idol class was true, a new discussion/poll for the new Magician class will be needed before making changes to the original appearance of this new Magician class. Since no such discussion/poll has been made for this new class, there is no justification for changing its appearance, so we should get the original appearance as it appears in other regions WITHOUT the black pants. :)

    TLDR version : There is no justification for adding black pants to the new Magician class since nobody asked for them. By default, we should get the original version WITHOUT the black pants. Black pants should only be added to this new class if a new poll justifies it.

    @Cream It's not clear if anyone from Nexon read this forum anymore, so can you forward this to the team? Given the near release of the new class, I think it's important to get this to the team ASAP. That way they can release the new class without the black pants instead of us waiting for them to fix it later given how long it typically takes them to fix things. Thanks!

    @Isongaming It's not clear if you read this forum, but I'll tag you anyways ...
    GrizzlyUK
  • BurschiBurschi
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 625
    Posts: 30
    Member
    edited July 18
    Ernsthaft jetzt? schon wieder so eine Kindergarten-Püppi als Charakter, fällt Eurem Team nix gescheites mehr ein um einen Normalen Charakter zu Bauen? Wahrscheinlich dann wieder so ein Geräuschintensiver Charakter wie die Schwindlerin, wo du nach 10 Minuten von dem Gekichere oder was das sein soll Kopfweh hast.

    Meine Herren echt Schwach was ihr in letzter Zeit hier Abliefert, komme mir bald vor wie ein Kleinkind im Vorschulalter, das mit Puppen Spielt. Bringt mal NORMALE Charakter ins Game, und Spart euch die Puppen für eure Kinderspiele auf, die passen hier nicht ins Game!
  • GrizzlyUKGrizzlyUK
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 4,525
    Posts: 525
    Member
    edited July 18
    Burschi wrote: »
    Ernsthaft jetzt? schon wieder so eine Kindergarten-Püppi als Charakter, fällt Eurem Team nix gescheites mehr ein um einen Normalen Charakter zu Bauen? Wahrscheinlich dann wieder so ein Geräuschintensiver Charakter wie die Schwindlerin, wo du nach 10 Minuten von dem Gekichere oder was das sein soll Kopfweh hast.

    Meine Herren echt Schwach was ihr in letzter Zeit hier Abliefert, komme mir bald vor wie ein Kleinkind im Vorschulalter, das mit Puppen Spielt. Bringt mal NORMALE Charakter ins Game, und Spart euch die Puppen für eure Kinderspiele auf, die passen hier nicht ins Game!

    English translation thanks to Google Translate:
    Seriously now? again such a kindergarten püppi as a character, is your team nothing clever anymore to build a normal character? Probably then again as a noise-intensive character as the dodger, where you have after 10 minutes from the giggling or what that should be headache.

    Gentlemen really weak what you have been delivering here lately, I feel like a toddler preschool playing with dolls. Bring NORMAL character into the game, and save the dolls for your children's games that do not fit into the game!

    You do understand that RoI originates from South Korea, where this type of character is fairly standard. The game was created by WeMade Entertaintment and Nexon are only responsible for the English translation and operation for the Western world.

    When the Trickster was announced as being released there were a lot of Riders who requested the class be redesigned, at the same time there was also a small number of Riders who objected to the "sexualization" of the Trickster and they also wanted changes to be made. The result of all that was that the Trickster was given those ugly black leggings that ruins the appearance of pretty much everything the Trickster wears! There are others who can give more information on this subject and I apologize now if I have gotten anything wrong. But as far as I understand it there was not a single Rider who actually requested those black leggings, but it's what we were given!

    So no real surprise that the Magician is creating a similar response from Riders, just not as loud because there are a LOT less Riders active in the forums now! :(
  • CreamCream
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 21,815
    Posts: 3,623
    Forum Moderator, Council Member
    edited July 18
    @SevenSeas

    The information was forward on day one of the thread you made in due time!

    @GrizzlyUK

    The explanation is perfectly fine and accurate, Rider!

    @everyone

    I do have some information in regards to the Magician, however, I am only waiting on approval to release the information. If Nexon does not release it first, that is.
  • CreamCream
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 21,815
    Posts: 3,623
    Forum Moderator, Council Member
    edited July 18
    @everyone

    The new class Shalings Magician will have the leggings as the Trickster character does and as is displayed in the above post by our CM Isongaming (last image at the bottom of the OP post).

    @GrizzlyUK

    Sadly, as far as we know there will be no additional character slot implemented at this time, Rider. :'(
  • YllmathirYllmathir
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 6,930
    Posts: 979
    Member
    edited July 18
    And.. what this class is supposed to do? -.-
    We had a video preview with ranger/trickster and this time we don't even know any detail a part that is a magic class.
  • SevenSeasSevenSeas
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 1,520
    Posts: 160
    Member
    edited July 19
    Cream wrote: »
    @SevenSeas

    The information was forward on day one of the thread you made in due time!

    I'm assuming you're referring to my thread here? :
    http://forums.icarus.nexon.net/discussion/23248/new-magician-class-please-remove-the-black-pants/p1

    If you forwarded my suggestion on day one of the thread, then why didn't you say so? In my 2nd post, I asked you if you had forwarded my suggestion/feedback and rather than tell me you already forwarded it, you instead said :
    Your topic is actually a dead topic but you are always welcome to bring back subjects. That topic as you well know was covered by the entire community time ago and the majority of the community decided on the leggings, so it was implemented.
    Of course, none of that is true.

    Then you wanted me to make a poll before you will forward my suggestion and then even after I made a poll you still didn't say anything about forwarding my suggestion. And now all of a sudden you tell me you forwarded my suggestion on day 1? WTF??

    Also, in my own thread, I was suggesting to make the leggings user selectable so that we can disable or enable the black leggings in the settings menu.

    In this thread, I was making the point that the Magician class should by DEFAULT be without leggings because it was never asked for to begin with and it is a new class and therefore adding leggings (which is a change from the original) should require the consensus of the community.

    The point I make in this thread is entirely different than the one I made in my own thread. Even if you have forwarded my suggestion from my own thread, this one is a different point, so can you not forward this one as well?

    Cream wrote: »
    @GrizzlyUK

    The explanation is perfectly fine and accurate, Rider!

    GrizzlyUk was actually misinformed of what happened by somebody and I had to tell him/her what actually happened in the same thread I listed above, so that was actually my explanation and thank you for confirming the accuracy of my explanation. Having said that, did you forward that info to the team as well?

    How can they know that the whole black legging thing was a mistake and was never asked for to begin with on the Trickster class and it was also never asked for in the new Magician class and still come to the conclusion that we should have the black leggings on both the Trickster and the Magician class as you said here? :
    Cream wrote: »
    @everyone

    The new class Shalings Magician will have the leggings as the Trickster character does and as is displayed in the above post by our CM Isongaming (last image at the bottom of the OP post).

    Can you ask somebody from the team to speak with us here? Something doesn't seem right and I think there is some sort of massive miscommunication somewhere.

    Somebody obviously asked the devs at some point to add leggings to the Trickster because they wouldn't waste their own resources and change their own chars appearance for no reason. It has always been argued that the justification of that is because the community voted on it. But it has already been proven that this is not true. So the right thing to do is to remove the leggings from the Trickster and not add leggings to the new Magician class. And even if they decide to keep the leggings on the Trickster, they should NOT add leggings to the new Magician class since obviously nobody is asking for it right now. Alternatively, they can give people the option to choose one or the other.
  • YllmathirYllmathir
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 6,930
    Posts: 979
    Member
    edited July 19
    @SevenSeas
    I think that this choice is related to pedophilia or such kind of laws..
  • SevenSeasSevenSeas
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 1,520
    Posts: 160
    Member
    edited July 19
    Yllmathir wrote: »
    I think that this choice is related to pedophilia or such kind of laws..

    No it isn't. Bare legs is not pedophilia. If that is pedophilia, then Disney's Tinkerbell is pedophilia :


    Also, the reason given has always been that the community voted on it, so they were doing what the community wanted. But that has already been proven to be untrue. And even if it were true (which it isn't), the Magician class is a new class and therefore require a new poll to justify adding black leggings.
  • YllmathirYllmathir
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 6,930
    Posts: 979
    Member
    edited July 19
    I know that cannot be considered pedophilia or anything related to it.. But certain choices are usually made for not having problems with laws.
    There is not any other explanation for such kind of decision from devs.

    Btw, in order to fix it, just buy a witch costume and the problem will be fixed. :D
  • GrizzlyUKGrizzlyUK
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 4,525
    Posts: 525
    Member
    edited July 19
    Yllmathir wrote: »
    @SevenSeas
    I think that this choice is related to pedophilia or such kind of laws..

    That is actually what a small number of Riders were complaining about prior to the release of the Trickster. They "claimed" that the Trickster would encourage peadophiles in some way, but if anyone believes any game could encourage anyone in anyway then you would have to accept that games encourage vioulence, bad behaviour, abuse and, in RoI's case you could also include animal cruelty. You can't just pick and choose what a game can and cannot influence/encourage to suit an argument/complaint/whatever. It's either all or nothing! *shrug* It had absolutely nothing to do with any laws in any country, it was just a small number of Riders complaining very loudly and very often. Oh, and the real kicker is that most, if not all, of the Riders who were complaining are no longer playing!

    I missed out on the majority of the discussions primarily because I simply didn't realise how serious the whole thing had become. Once I did realise what was happening I tried to get involved and add my comments but it was too late as all the discussion threads were being closed because Nexon felt they had enough feedback to make a decision. Because I'd missed out on pretty much all the discussions I wasn't fully aware of what had happened and tried to piece it together by reading as many of the threads as I could. I guess somewhere along the way I misread some of it, or simply got confused, I'm not really sure, but when the Trickster update was released Nexon had added those ugly black leggings and I got the impression that either some Riders had actually requested that or Nexon had put it forward as a compromise which was agreed on by a majority of Riders. Thankfully @SevenSeas recently provided me with a much more detailed explanation of the events than I had been able to put together myself, so my thanks to SevenSeas for that! It certainly filled a few blanks where I had drawn the wrong conclusions. But again, if I've gotten anything wrong here then I apologize for that, it has been over a year now so feel free to correct anything I've gotten wrong! ;)
  • GrizzlyUKGrizzlyUK
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 4,525
    Posts: 525
    Member
    edited July 19
    Cream wrote: »
    @everyone

    The new class Shalings Magician will have the leggings as the Trickster character does and as is displayed in the above post by our CM Isongaming (last image at the bottom of the OP post).

    @GrizzlyUK

    Sadly, as far as we know there will be no additional character slot implemented at this time, Rider. :'(

    *sigh* Why am I not surprised? Seriously, does Nexon understand that they are the ones costing themselves in lost potential income? The way Nexon are NOT promoting this update leaves Riders wondering if Nexon really want RoI to be succesfull because they seem to be making all the right decisions to kill the game and all the wrong decisions to turn the game around! This will just end up pushing more and more Riders away from the game, yet Nexon just does not seem to care! :(
  • GrizzlyUKGrizzlyUK
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 4,525
    Posts: 525
    Member
    edited July 19
    Yllmathir wrote: »
    I know that cannot be considered pedophilia or anything related to it.. But certain choices are usually made for not having problems with laws.
    There is not any other explanation for such kind of decision from devs.

    Btw, in order to fix it, just buy a witch costume and the problem will be fixed. :D

    Yeah but we shouldn't have to spend to "fix" something that Nexon didn't need to add. Plus, the witch costume isn't exactly a great alternative. Personal choice I know, but not everyone likes that costume! ;)
  • SevenSeasSevenSeas
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 1,520
    Posts: 160
    Member
    edited July 19
    Yllmathir wrote: »
    I know that cannot be considered pedophilia or anything related to it.. But certain choices are usually made for not having problems with laws.
    There is not any other explanation for such kind of decision from devs.

    First, I suggest you read over my thread as it's not too long (it's only 1 1/2 pages long) and you will get an idea of how this came to be :
    http://forums.icarus.nexon.net/discussion/23248/new-magician-class-please-remove-the-black-pants

    As I said before, the explanation/justification given for adding the black leggings was that the majority of the community asked for it. Their conclusion was loosely based on a discussion/poll done on the Trickster/Idol class before it was released. However, in reality the poll had nothing to do with either censorship nor anything to do with black leggings. Somebody grossly misrepresented/misinterpreted what that discussion/poll was about. If the devs were told that NA did a poll and found the community wanted to cover up the Trickster's legs, then they would do so. They're not going to log into our forums to look for the thread and see for themselves if it was really what we asked for. Their decisions will be based on info Nexon NA provide them. If they are provided with wrong info, they will make wrong decsions.

    Also, MANY Korean MMOs have loli chars. I've never seen a case where they had to add black leggings to cover up their legs. So why should an arbitrary law be concerned ONLY with Riders of Icarus and not any of the other Korean MMOs out there with loli chars?? So I don't think this has anything to do with problems with the law.

    Yllmathir wrote: »
    Btw, in order to fix it, just buy a witch costume and the problem will be fixed. :D

    So what if we don't like how a witch costume looks, how is the problem fixed? And are they offering those costumes to us for free?
  • YllmathirYllmathir
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 6,930
    Posts: 979
    Member
    edited July 19
    Even if I perfectly understand what you said, I don't think that adding these black pants can ruin the experience you can have with these classes.
    A part of it, as you said there is no real need to cover legs, unless Nexon decided due to local laws or maybe they are overthinking about this issue..

    We can discuss about this topic over and over, but I doubt that anyone from Devs will give us an answer so we can just try to figure why they made this decision.
    And yes I know that adding a costume won't solve anything, but seems the only way to "fix" it.

    About korean games... KR and JP have different laws and what is normal to them can't be normal in EU/NA countries and vice versa.
    As much I agree with you guys, nothing can be done unless Nexon change their minds after reading (haha :p ) this thread or any other thread related to this issue. ;)
  • SevenSeasSevenSeas
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 1,520
    Posts: 160
    Member
    edited July 19
    Yllmathir wrote: »
    Even if I perfectly understand what you said, I don't think that adding these black pants can ruin the experience you can have with these classes.
    A part of it, as you said there is no real need to cover legs, unless Nexon decided due to local laws or maybe they are overthinking about this issue..

    We can discuss about this topic over and over, but I doubt that anyone from Devs will give us an answer so we can just try to figure why they made this decision.
    And yes I know that adding a costume won't solve anything, but seems the only way to "fix" it.

    About korean games... KR and JP have different laws and what is normal to them can't be normal in EU/NA countries and vice versa.
    As much I agree with you guys, nothing can be done unless Nexon change their minds after reading (haha :p ) this thread or any other thread related to this issue. ;)

    I already addressed your argument. I'll quote it for you again here :
    Also, MANY Korean MMOs have loli chars. I've never seen a case where they had to add black leggings to cover up their legs. So why should an arbitrary law be concerned ONLY with Riders of Icarus and not any of the other Korean MMOs out there with loli chars?? So I don't think this has anything to do with problems with the law.

    RoI is not the only Korean MMO released in the west. Explain why other Korean MMOs do not need to cover up their loli's legs and ONLY RoI has to cover up their loli's legs due to some law. Why would this law apply ONLY to RoI and not other MMOs with lolis?