[ATTN NEW RIDERS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Couple questions regarding Tagris

HorseSpirit327HorseSpirit327
Riders of Icarus Rep: 710
edited July 28, 2018 in Mount Collection and Combat
Hello everyone! I’m just now somewhat getting back into the game after a friend of mine expressed interest in it. I managed to get my hands on some very, very cheap Tagris marks (a dream familiar of mine for 2 years now) but I can’t seem to find the guy on any channel over on Teleo. I’ve seen an influx of cheap marks for him in the marketplace, which I assume people are buying and taming him right after he spawns. So what’s with all of the cheap marks, and he still spawns every 24 hours, correct? Thank you! :)

Comments

• HorseSpirit327HorseSpirit327
    edited July 28, 2018
    Anyone?
  • GrizzlyUKGrizzlyUK
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 5,045
    edited July 30, 2018
    Searching is always worth trying, just a couple of threads below yours is another titled Tagris where someone else was asking if Tagris still spawned! But no worries, I'll simply copy/paste my explanation from that thread for you! ;)
    Both Tagris and Traes are on 24-hour respawn timers, unfortunately Tagris is a rather popular tame currently due to the Tagris marks Nexon gave out as compensation a few weeks ago. It means Tagris is getting tamed within seconds of spawning in each channel every week and this is likely to continue for a good few weeks to come. If you're in-game and in Hakain's Crossing when Tagris does spawn you'll see the announcement that "Tagris has appeared at Verdant Meadows (South) in Hakain's Crossing" followed almost immediately by "<character> successfully tamed Tagris".

The compensation package I refer to included 10xTagris Marks and was given out to every character in early May as compensation for a Flash Log-in Event that was bugged so nobody was able to receive the actual log-in rewards. This is also why there are a lot of cheap Tagris Marks on the Marketplace, those who have managed to tame him are then selling the Marks they have left, though I doubt there are many that actually sell because so many characters got 10 free Tagris Marks!

EDIT: Apologies for giving incorrect information, Tagris and Traes are indeed on 24-hour respawn timers as @Cream has pointed out below!
    edited July 29, 2018
    @GrizzlyUK

Thank you so much, I can’t believe he only spawns once a week! Does he have a designated spawn time or just exactly one week from the last time he was tamed? And that makes sense with all the cheap marks!
  • CreamCream
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 22,005
    Forum Moderator, Council Member
    edited July 29, 2018
    Tagris and Traes have a 24hr respawn since day one, there seems to be a confusion on this topic somewhere! The rest of the information is accurate!

Since the dispensation of those Tagirs marks sometime ago, the familiar is being tamed on respawn time almost down to the first 30 seconds or minute, literally! Sadly, not everyone follows its respawn time but those trying to use all of their marks and other Riders that actively are hunting this familiar. My only suggestion will be to go an attempt to tame Tagris right after any major maintenance that resets all of the game timers.

I hope this information helps, good luck and happy hunting!

qWbaNsH.jpg
  • GrizzlyUKGrizzlyUK
    edited July 29, 2018
    @Cream
    I'm clearly the one who is confused then, for some reason I've always thought Tagris and Traes were on a weekly respawn timer, though to be honest I have no clue where I got that from. My apologies for causing the confusion, really must start double-checking these sorts of things before posting! :(

@HorseSpirit327
    Regarding an actual respawn time, I play on on EU-Velzeroth and I've seen the announcements of Tagris spawning followed almost immediately by an announcement that someone tamed him in the early morning hours, the last time I saw them was back on Friday 13th July 2018 @ approximately 04:30 UTC. Obviously I have no clue if other servers are similar, though I would suspect they might well be.
  • CreamCream
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 22,005
    Forum Moderator, Council Member
    edited July 29, 2018
    @GrizzlyUK

Haha It confirms it....... YOU ARE HUMAN!!!!! :) :) :) :) :)

qWbaNsH.jpg
  • GrizzlyUKGrizzlyUK
    edited July 29, 2018
    @Cream

rofl OK .... but that begs the question what did you think I was before? ;) :o :p
    Cream
    edited July 30, 2018
    @GrizzlyUK

No worries!! I got some awesome info from a friend on which channel and exact time he spawns, so I dragged myself out of bed at 4 am this morning and managed to tame him!

@Cream

Thank you!! I’ll have to keep the maintenance reset in mind, that should come in handy!
    Cream
  • GrizzlyUKGrizzlyUK
    edited July 30, 2018
    @HorseSpirit327
    Congratulations, from what I've previously seen he does seem to spawn at almost the same time in each channel.