[ATTN NEW RIDERS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Black screen after selecting server in game.

Mattking93Mattking93
Riders of Icarus Rep: 1,470
edited July 31 in Tech Support
The game launches fine, but as soon as i select my game server i get stuck on a black screen with the ingame cursor... I've tried everything from verifying files through steam to completely reinstalling the game. It was working fine this morning.

Comments

• CreamCream
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 21,815
    Forum Moderator, Council Member
    edited July 31
    @Mattking93

I will suggest you clean your registry and following that do a "Repair Installation" at Nexon Launcher options or "Check Files Integrity" for Steam users. You can also if you haven't done so clean your cookie files and/or perform some higher level maintenance in the PC.

I hope this helps, Rider!

giphy.gif
  • Mattking93Mattking93
    edited July 31
    Cream wrote: »
    @Mattking93

I will suggest you clean your registry and following that do a "Repair Installation" at Nexon Launcher options or "Check Files Integrity" for Steam users. You can also if you haven't done so clean your cookie files and/or perform some higher level maintenance in the PC.

giphy.gif

Did that, and still having the same issue. Have been unable to log in all day.
  • Mattking93Mattking93
    edited August 1
    @Mattking93

giphy.gif

Just thought i'd mention that i had to reinstall the game completely 4 times to get it to work.
  • CreamCream
    edited August 1
    That sounds like issues downloading the packets. Could be network related problems on your end or your ISP. This can create packet loss during transit and could have been the culprit in your case. Simple connectivity issue creating a loss of data I.e broken or missing files in the game.

I am very happy for you that your back with us in the game Rider!

giphy.gif
  • Mattking93Mattking93
    edited August 5
    That sounds like issues downloading the packets. Could be network related problems on your end or your ISP. This can create packet loss during transit and could have been the culprit in your case. Simple connectivity issue creating a loss of data I.e broken or missing files in the game.

giphy.gif

Its not my internet. I can reinstall the game and it works fine, but a few days later it just gets stuck at a black screen.

Its doing it again.
  • Mattking93Mattking93
    edited August 5

giphy.gif

I shouldnt have to reinstall the game every few days just to play. Ive done some testing and i get almost no packet loss ever.

And if it was an issue with my pc affecting game files, verifying through steam would catch that. However, when i do so steam tells me all the game files are fine and none are missing or corrupt.

It has something to do with whatever happens after you select your server. Im convinced this isnt my pc, but a bad file that was put into the game in the past few updates. As this issue started happening the update before last.
  • Mattking93Mattking93
    edited August 6
    I've done everything on my end to test and try to fix it. But ever since the last update i have to jump through hoops and hope that the game launches correctly.

Ive verified files through steam, reinstalled the game a total of 4 times now, and factory reset my pc. None of these issues fixed the problem.

The game launches just fine, but is missing splash screens and the cutscene after selecting a server is also missing, resulting in a black screen with the ingame cursor. The game gets past that point sometimes and allows me to get on my character but it is still missing that cutscene.

I've spent so much time and energy trying to fix this because i was told it was on my end, but im starting to think that its not. These issues only started happening after the last update.
  • CreamCream
    edited August 7
    I will attempt to find some additional help to your problem, Rider! I will be posting solutions or steps to see if this can be corrected here on this thread when the information becomes available. please do not create additional threads about this same exact subject, Riders! Thank you for your understanding.

giphy.gif
  • Mattking93Mattking93
    edited August 7
    I will attempt to find some additional help to your problem, Rider! I will be posting solutions or steps to see if this can be corrected here on this thread when the information becomes available. please do not create additional threads about this same exact subject, Riders! Thank you for your understanding.

giphy.gif

Alright. I've found that the only way to get the game to actually get to character selection, is to just launch the game over and over til it works.

• CreamCream
    edited August 7
    Are you sure that your AV is not blocking anything related with Nexon or its services absolutely? Sometimes AV's tend to quarantine or block some process from Nexon's services even could cause some interference with GameGuard as well.

giphy.gif
  • Mattking93Mattking93
    edited August 7
    Are you sure that your AV is not blocking anything related with Nexon or its services absolutely? Sometimes AV's tend to quarantine or block some process from Nexon's services even could cause some interference with GameGuard as well.

giphy.gif

I have riders listed as an exception on my AV
  • CreamCream
    edited August 8
    Yes, that is a good thing but you need to make sure that no service by itself is being selected by the AV. I mean, this is just ideas trying to find the problem!!

giphy.gif
  • danniedannie
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 660
    edited August 9
    Try disabling your AV for both installation and launching. I had a similar problem about a year ago when they updated windows 10.
    Something in my AV wasn't as updated and it glitched and hiccuped a lot. if that works then at least you have a clue where the problem is and can report back here.

I could launch my characters after trying time and time again but i do agree it seems to be wasting time or looking at something that your system doesn't like. I still have some issues but it now loads after the second try, still a pain though.

if this doesn't resolve it, it could also be your graphics settings are interfering so i would ( when you get in that is,) try setting everything back to minimum res. or default and see if that clears it up. Also make sure they are up to date as well. the better your graphics it seems the worse the game launches or runs. If this works again say something here, also give us an idea what your system is; graphics, platform, everything you can list.
  • Mattking93Mattking93
    edited August 9

Yes, that is a good thing but you need to make sure that no service by itself is being selected by the AV. I mean, this is just ideas trying to find the problem!!

giphy.gif

out of nowhere last night it started working again, the "Wemadeio" and "cryengine" splash screens started appearing again. and i was able to login without any trouble.

I'd also like to add that i did nothing to change anything on my pc, so the game likely did this on its own. It seems like its probably a bug within the files.
  • LunaMoonStarLunaMoonStar
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 610
    edited August 10
    I am having trouble logging in, I get to the choose server, click for Taleo, then after it says, "can't connect to server, anyone else having this issue, I just tried again and still doing it.