[ATTN NEW RIDERS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
Closed

[COMPLETED] Scheduled Maintenance - August 2, 2018

IsongamingIsongaming
Riders of Icarus Rep: 735
Administrator
edited August 2 in Official News
en_scheduled160629_icarus_webmaintenance.jpg

We will be performing a scheduled maintenance on Thursday, August 2, 2018. We anticipate the maintenance to last approximately 4 hours. Please note that the estimated length of time for each maintenance is subject to change without notification.

Thanks for your patience!

Time:

August 2, 2018

Coordinated Universal Time (UTC): 6:00 AM - 10:00 AM
Pacific Daylight Time: 11:00 PM [August 1] – 3:00 AM
Eastern Daylight Time: 2:00 AM – 6:00 AM
Central European Summer Time: 8:00 AM – 12:00 PM
Australian Eastern Standard Time: 4:00 PM - 8:00 PM

What will be unavailable:
- All Riders of Icarus game servers.

Changes and Updates:
- August Summer Event 2018
- Summer Theme Event added in Hakain's Crossing, Victory Plaza.
- Wanting to go to the beach for this summer? Check out the Summer theme on Victory Plaza.
- Added 3 new NPCs
- NPC Haley
- NPC Rabbini Popeye
- Summer Hakain's Banquet

- Added 2 new summer event buff added
- Summer Banquet
- Summer Festival Buff

- Added 1 new Event Monster
- Watermelon Rabbini
- August Daily Login Rewards
- Please refrain yourselves from opening the Login Rewards for this month of August. There will be no rewards display yet and will get to fix by Maintenance.

login_daily.jpg

*Please note that all details will be updated soon.
- General Server Upkeep

Comments

• GrizzlyUKGrizzlyUK
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 4,870
    edited August 1
    New events, always a good thing and hopefully there won't be too much of a delay in getting all the details posted.

Having been in-game earlier I'd already noticed that the August Daily Login Rewards is currently blank so it's good to know that Nexon are already aware and a fix is incoming! :) Looking forward to the details on this as well, especially if that image is actually this months rewards!

EDIT: Forgot to ask if the August Rewards Merchant will be added with this maintenance?
  • YllmathirYllmathir
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 7,180
    edited August 1
    But the question is.. Why you lowering again elluns rewards?
    We passed from 20-25-30 to 10-20-25? -.-' Just now that we even need more?
    I remember you that in KR/JP they gives around 120+ from these monthly rewards, can you be a bit less stingy?
    Titanusglitchmagnet
  • GrizzlyUKGrizzlyUK
    edited August 1
    I hadn't even noticed the Ellun packs were for lower values than previous months! I doubt we'll ever get an explanation as to why Nexon have reduced the amount of Elluns in each box, maybe it's some sort of marketing strategy.

EDIT: Just been reading the details for August Summer Event! and spotted the Special Login Rewards Day 7 reward is a Mount: Watermelon Banana Boat! But the other 6 days rewards are just listed as "Summer Event <x> Prize" with no info on what they might actually be!

August Daily Login Rewards include Mount: Dredum on Day 22 (not a Radiant or Light version?) and a Pet: Sparkle Kerav on Day 19.

@Cream
    Can you let Nexon know that they've included the stats panel for Pet: Sparkle Kerav under the details for Mount: Dredum please?
  • danniedannie
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 825
    edited August 2
    Yllmathir wrote: »
    But the question is.. Why you lowering again elluns rewards?
    We passed from 20-25-30 to 10-20-25? -.-' Just now that we even need more?
    I remember you that in KR/JP they gives around 120+ from these monthly rewards, can you be a bit less stingy?

Sadly i think it's because of the fact that we do need more Elluns and they don't see that if they would try and do other things to promote or win back those that left they'd make more money having more around and not lose them as they have in the past year or so.
    Once again i feel we're being milked dry, the player/consumer base that have remained.
    You really need to try and reward us for staying not punish us by charging for less.

Did they take the game down again?
    I updated the launcher, then tried to enter and was given "the game undergoing maint. ".
    glitchmagnet
  • LunaMoonStarLunaMoonStar
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 610
    edited August 2
    looks like it's down again
  • GrizzlyUKGrizzlyUK
    edited August 2
    Everything seems to be OK now, I had two patches earlier, the first was a small 74mb download and the second was a much larger download (forgot to note the actual size, but it was a few hundred mg) but didn't get chance to actually get in-game until about 20 mins ago. No problems with getting in-game but, with the previous comments indicating there may be (or had been) problems I checked the main Scheduled Maintenance - August 2, 2018 announcement which is now flagged as [COMPLETED]. There are 3 updates added:
    Update 3: Maintenance has been completed.

Update 2: Maintenance has been extended for 2 hours.

Update 1: Maintenance has been extended for 2 hours.

Nexon have also added the following:
    Known Issue:

- French Localization for all New NPC (Haley, Rabbini Popeye, and Summer Banquet)
    - August Rewards Merchant

Couldn't see anything else that was different, but once I logged in-game with my first character I received a number of items in Ellora's Storage, checked my second character and they received the same items so it would appear that Nexon have already distributed a compensation package. For anyone who hasn't loged in-game yet, the items I've received are:
    - Legendary Familiar Seal Token x3
    - Familiar Full Growth Potion x5
    - Lv. 240 Elite Tempering Stone (2 Pack)
    - Catnip x5
    - Ellun (30 Pack)
    - Hero's Blessing Potion

I can't seem to find any sort of official announcement about this package, so hopefully @Cream can confirm this?
  • CreamCream
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 21,865
    Forum Moderator, Council Member
    edited August 2
    I will have the team make an announcement even though will be late but one that covers the compensation distribution and so on. There were some issues with the Awakened Torkai and some other minor problems that caused the brief interruptions but as @GrizzlyUK mentioned, "Everything seems to be OK now".

Thank you for your understanding, Riders!
  • GrizzlyUKGrizzlyUK
    edited August 2
    @Cream

Thanks for the information. Any chance we could also get an official announcment thread for the August Summer Event! so we have somewhere to discuss that please? For example, the Start Time and End Time is shown as "End of Maintenance (August 2, 2018)" which is obviously the Start Time but I cannot see anything about the actual end date/time!
  • DabigWangDabigWang
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 700
    edited August 2
    i don't see the awakened torkai package in the shop
  • CreamCream
    edited August 3
    @GrizzlyUK

The thread has been posted Rider! Thank you for the heads up! August Summer Event!
  • CreamCream
    edited August 3
    @GrizzlyUK

No answer to that yet but it seems intended, will get back to this when information is available!
    Just been reading the details for August Summer Event! and spotted the Special Login Rewards Day 7 reward is a Mount: Watermelon Banana Boat! But the other 6 days rewards are just listed as "Summer Event <x> Prize" with no info on what they might actually be!

Is not the first time we issue regular mounts but maybe the first time we do 2 in a month! *shrugs* Will find out of Radiant or light status!
    August Daily Login Rewards include Mount: Dredum on Day 22 (not a Radiant or Light version?) and a Pet: Sparkle Kerav on Day 19.

That was forward to the team I will remind them again!
    Can you let Nexon know that they've included the stats panel for Pet: Sparkle Kerav under the details for Mount: Dredum, please?

The announcement for compensation is on the following link at the bottom;
    http://icarus.nexon.net/en/news/article/34128/completed-scheduled-maintenance-august-2-2018
  • GrizzlyUKGrizzlyUK
    edited August 3
    @Cream

Thank you, now we have an official thread for the event! ;)
    Cream wrote: »
    @GrizzlyUK

No answer to that yet but it seems intended, will get back to this when information is available!
    Just been reading the details for August Summer Event! and spotted the Special Login Rewards Day 7 reward is a Mount: Watermelon Banana Boat! But the other 6 days rewards are just listed as "Summer Event <x> Prize" with no info on what they might actually be!

Is not the first time we issue regular mounts but maybe the first time we do 2 in a month! *shrugs*

That was forward to the team I will remind them again!
    Can you let Nexon know that they've included the stats panel for Pet: Sparkle Kerav under the details for Mount: Dredum, please?

The announcement for compensation is on the following link at the bottom;
    http://icarus.nexon.net/en/news/article/34128/completed-scheduled-maintenance-august-2-2018

Editing because you posted literally 1 minute before me! lol

I know we've had regular mounts in the past, and a few times in one month we've had both a mount and a familiar, but I was more surprised that the mount is the regular version because we've been getting either Light or Radiant versions of mounts for a while. Not that I'm complaining, very happy to see regular mounts showing up as login rewards! :)

As for the "Summer Event <x> Prize", when you place your cursor over each one in-game the tooltip shows the contents! I made a quick list of them, so if anyone does want to know what each "Summer Event <x> Prize" contains just click the Spoiler below:
    August Summer Event Special Login Rewards

Summer Event 1st Prize
    - Blue Oriental Swimwear (30 Days) x1
    - Ellun (50 Pack) x1

Summer Event 2nd Prize
    - Transit Shrine Pass (30 Days) x1
    - Ellun (50 Pack) x1

Summer Event 3rd Prize
    - Ice Cream Weapon Skin (30 Days) x1
    - Ellun (50 Pack) x1

Summer Event 4th Prize
    - Portable Storage Master (14 Days) x1
    - Ellun (50 Pack) x1

Summer Event 5th Prize
    - Straw Hat (30 Days) x1
    - Ellun (50 Pack) x1

Summer Event 6th Prize
    - Blue Turtle Backpack (30 Days) x1
    - Ellun (50 Pack) x1
    Cream
  • CreamCream
    edited August 3
    @DabigWang

Awakened Torkai Package was removed due to a problem with the taming conditions of the mount Rider! As soon as we have more news or anything related to it I will update this thread, Rider!
  • CreamCream
    edited August 9
    @DabigWang

The new maintenance post will be added soon but here is more information about the maintenance and the Awakened Torkai, Rider;

http://icarus.nexon.net/en/news/article/34359/updated-scheduled-maintenance-august-10-2018
  • zzFENRIRzzzzFENRIRzz
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 1,160
    edited August 9
    @DabigWang

The new maintenance post will be added soon but here is more information about the maintenance and the Awakened Torkai, Rider;

http://icarus.nexon.net/en/news/article/34359/updated-scheduled-maintenance-august-10-2018

ty ty ty ty!!! =)

P.D The info say this:
    Awakened Torkai Aggression/Tame
    Fixed the aggression and taming of the Awakened Torkai. The aggression of the Awakened Torkai will depend on the players level

If i remenber the package has/had a fated mark...that info about the aggression and tame... thats means that we can fail...? If the pack has a fated mark must be 100% success right?
    CreamPhoebee
  • CreamCream
    edited August 9
    @zzFENRIRzz

I will request details about this question, Rider!
    zzFENRIRzz
  • zzFENRIRzzzzFENRIRzz
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 1,160
    edited August 9
    @zzFENRIRzz

Ty Cream i will be waiting the answer about it, because even you said something about a problem with the taming conditions... do you remenber your previous comment?

Im really curious about it because if after the maintenance we can buy the package BUT the fated mark will be removed or EVEN with the fated mark we can fail... if we have high level the aggression will be high... and the taming % maybe will be low... i can see it now clearly... nexon want that we buy many packages....
  • PhoebeePhoebee
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 785
    Member, Administrator
    edited August 9
    zzFENRIRzz wrote: »
    @DabigWang

ty ty ty ty!!! =)

P.D The info say this:
    Awakened Torkai Aggression/Tame
    Fixed the aggression and taming of the Awakened Torkai. The aggression of the Awakened Torkai will depend on the players level

If i remenber the package has/had a fated mark...that info about the aggression and tame... thats means that we can fail...? If the pack has a fated mark must be 100% success right?
    @zzFENRIRzz

@Cream @zzFENRIRzz As for the Awakened Torkai Aggression/ Tame, the last time that the players bought the package and summoned the Awakened Torkai, they all are just one hit by the mount and received a lot of reports for that concern. Now, we have managed to change the aggression of the Awakened Torkai so that the low-level characters could tame the Torkai easily without getting killed by it (rather one hit them by the Mount). As for the Tame, the issue for that was when they summoned the Torkai it can't be selected nor select to tame so we have fixed it too. And yes, the package still have the 100% Fated Awakened Torkai Mark. There is no such thing as failing when using the Fated Mark and if you guys ever experienced Fail-to-tame using the Fated Mark that will be a bug.

Hope that I explained it very well
    zzFENRIRzz
This discussion has been closed.