[ATTN NEW RIDERS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
Closed

[BUG] Hot Time Event

GrizzlyUKGrizzlyUK
Riders of Icarus Rep: 5,125
edited August 2, 2018 in Bug Reporting
This evening I logged each of my 7 characters in-game for the "Hot Time Event" but even though I logged the last character in-game within the advertised time-frame they did not receive the reward! According to the August Summer Event! news announcement:
Hot Time Event

Stay login during this hours 19:00 UTC to 23:00 UTC to receive a Watermelon Slice x100 as a reward from August 1 to August 14. Once login, you will be able to receive the rewards automatically after a minute.

I double-checked the in-game clock after I had claimed the compensation items from Ellora's Storage and it was showing 22:22 so I thought maybe I was too quick with claiming so I then continued with completing the Daily Crafting Achievement and then completed 4 of the available quests from NPC Haley (Summer Banquet; Hakain's Crossing Repairs; Ingredients for the Summer Banquet and Watermelon Delivery). I didn't rush to complete them, so by the time I had finished I checked the in-game clock again and it now showed the time as 22:47 but I had still not received the Watermelon Slice x100.

Obviously I don't know if the advertised time is incorrect or whether there is a bug with the system or whether there's some other reason, but figured I should report it so that Nexon can be made aware and investigate. All 6 of my other characters logged in-game between 19:00 UTC - 22:00 UTC and each of them received the Watermelon Slice x100 reward so I'm wondering if maybe the advertised time is wrong and the correct time-frame is indeed 19:00 UTC to 22:00 UTC. *shrug*

Comments

• CreamCream
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 22,310
    Forum Moderator, Council Member
    edited August 2, 2018
    I will verify if this is because is to only one character or it is intended as an account-wide event. There is no CLEAR information about this instructions. ;)

giphy.gif
  • GrizzlyUKGrizzlyUK
    edited August 2, 2018
    It does appear to be on a per character basis because of all 7 of my characters only the last one I logged in-game did not receive the reward! The first 6 characters I logged in-game for the "Hot Time Event" each received the Watermelon Slice x100 reward. It was only the last character that did not receive the Watermelon Slice x100 reward, even though I logged in-game during the advertised time.

But it will certainly be good to have CLEAR information to avoid confusion! ;)
  • CreamCream
    edited August 2, 2018
    Since there is no CLEAR information to say either or is why I replied like that (haha) However, I just did an announcement on Discord about those Riders that did not receive their x100 slices to please submit a ticket to support! If you wish to do so go ahead!!! ;)
  • GrizzlyUKGrizzlyUK
    edited August 3, 2018
    Because there is no CLEAR information as to whether this may be a game bug or a mistake in the advertised times, I have taken your advice and submitted a ticket to support!
  • CreamCream
    edited August 3, 2018
    Sadly yesterday was a heavy day for us and we didn't reach your question in time... I do have answers to other things but will talk to them about this one first thing when the team is back on a quick and CLEAR manner :) :) :)

Edit: They left me a personal note that they will investigate the apparent issue since only a few Riders had this problem. :s

giphy.gif
  • GrizzlyUKGrizzlyUK
    edited August 3, 2018
    I can understand that yeasterday was busy, maintenance, patches, new events etc. So no worries about that. If I'm honest I did suspect that there may not have been many Riders experiencing this one, mainly because nobody else had either posted about it nor added a comment here. I'm not particulary bothered about missing out on the reward, the important thing was to inform Nexon of an issue so they could at least investigate and, hopefully, prevent it happening again in future.

I just hope that I've provided CLEAR information that enables Nexon to understand the issue. :)
  • CreamCream
    edited August 3, 2018
    Yes thank you very much for the heads up, again! It was indeed CLEAR!
    dgskaTX.gif
  • GrizzlyUKGrizzlyUK
    edited August 5, 2018
    Just adding a quick update that it occured again last night to another of my characters! I logged the character in-game at 22:14 UTC and did not receive the Watermelon Slice x100 reward. I had another character that I hadn't yet logged in-game either but I didn't bother to rush to log that character in-game! Whatever the cause, this daily event appears to be ending an hour earlier than the announced "login during this hours 19:00 UTC to 23:00 UTC" as it appears that 22:00 UTC is the end time!

I have updated my Support Ticket with this updated information, but still awaiting a response to the initial support request. I hope the additional information that I've added is CLEAR enough! Though I do accept that last night was my error, I was intending to log each of my characters in-game prior to 22:00 UTC so as to receive the Watermelon Slice x100 reward, but with two characters to go I got distracted and, by the time I was able to return to the game it was already past that time! :(
  • GrizzlyUKGrizzlyUK
    edited August 14, 2018
    Yet again, this evening I logged four of my seven characters BEFORE 22:00 UTC and each of those four received the Watermelon Slice x100 reward in Ellora's Storage. The remaining three of my seven characters each logged AFTER 22:00 UTC and each of those three had NOTHING in Ellora's Storage, no Watermelon Slice x100 reward, nothing at all, their Ellora's Storage was EMPTY. One logged in-game at 22:01 UTC, the next logged in-game at 22:03 UTC and the last one logged in-game at 22:06 UTC!

So it's still happening, despite Nexon claiming they cannot reproduce this, yet I can easily reproduce it by logging in-game AFTER 22:00 UTC!!!!

I now have one character who has not received the Watermelon Slice x100 reward once, another character who has not received the Watermelon Slice x100 reward twice and a third character who has not received the the Watermelon Slice x100 reward three times now!
  • CreamCream
    edited August 13, 2018
    OMG!!!

You do have a CLEAR issue in your end. I do apologize for all of these issues at your end, I will send the information for review, and please do not hesitate to send the appropriate ticket for any new occurrence, Rider!

giphy.gif
  • PhoebeePhoebee
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 1,415
    Member, Administrator
    edited August 13, 2018
    GrizzlyUK wrote: »
    Yet again, this evening I logged four of my seven characters BEFORE 22:00 UTC and each of those four received the Watermelon Slice x100 reward in Ellora's Storage. The remaining three of my seven characters each logged AFTER 22:00 UTC and each of those three had NOTHING in Ellora's Storage, no Watermelon Slice x100 reward, nothing at all, their Ellora's Storage was EMPTY. One logged in-games at 22:01 UTC, the next logged in-game at 22:03 UTC and the last one logged in-game at 22:06 UTC!

So it's still happening, despite Nexon claiming they cannot reproduce this, yet I can easily reproduce it by logging in-game AFTER 22:00 UTC!!!!

I now have one character who has not received the Watermelon Slice x100 reward once, another character who has not received the Watermelon Slice x100 reward twice and a third character who has not received the the Watermelon Slice x100 reward three times now!

@GrizzlyUK what is your ticket number if you already have one? anyways I'm looking into it and I highly suggest you to login before 22:00 UTC in order to have the Watermelon Slices. I will take care of your issue and I need details from you. You will be getting a direct message to me.

@Cream can you give me a list of the players that have been experiencing the same thing with grizzlyUK? only in forums then send it to me via direct message and will figure out the solution for this.
  • GrizzlyUKGrizzlyUK
    edited August 14, 2018
    @Cream
    @Phoebee

Thanks for your replies, I will reply to messages with ticket number. I have been trying to login before 22:00 UTC but occasionally something happens that distracts me, real life just won't let me game sometimes! :(

Anyway, I've just seen the updated August Summer Event! announcement which was apparently updated about 5 hours ago for the updated event end date and I notice the Hot Time Event details have also been changed:
    Stay login during this hours 19:00 UTC to 22:00 UTC to receive a Watermelon Slice x100 as a reward from August 1 to August 23. Once login, you will be able to receive the rewards automatically after a minute.

So what gives? The original announcement stated the time as "19:00 UTC to 23:00 UTC" so was that wrong or has Nexon altered the time due to this issue? Are those who have missed out now just out of luck? Is it now becoming CLEAR that the issue was in the original advertised time? What does this mean for those of us who followed the original advertised time but have missed out on the Watermelon Slice x100 reward because the time was apparently incorrect?
  • CreamCream
    edited August 14, 2018
    @GrizzlyUK

If anyone had or have an issue with this problem (or any other problem) can do the same as you did Rider, submit a ticket to support and that team will investigate and handle the case accordingly.

Thankfully, the number of Riders affected by this problem was very slim indeed, we hope to prevent this type of situations in the future.

Have a nice day!

giphy.gif
This discussion has been closed.