[ATTN NEW RIDERS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
Closed

[COMPLETED]Scheduled Maintenance - August 23, 2018

PhoebeePhoebee
Riders of Icarus Rep: 1,285
Member, Administrator
edited August 23, 2018 in Official News
We will be performing a scheduled maintenance on Thursday, August 23, 2018. We anticipate the maintenance to last approximately 4 hours. Please note that the estimated length of time for each maintenance is subject to change without notification.

Please visit the link provided for more details: http://icarus.nexon.net/en/news/article/34675

Comments

• GrizzlyUKGrizzlyUK
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 5,125
    edited August 22, 2018
    @Phoebee
    @Cream

Firstly, the UTC time is incorrect, but only for the duration:
    Coordinated Universal Time (UTC): 6:00 AM - 10:00 PM
    Pacific Daylight Time: 11:00 PM [August 22] – 3:00 AM
    Eastern Daylight Time: 2:00 AM – 6:00 AM
    Central European Summer Time: 8:00 AM – 12:00 PM
    Australian Eastern Standard Time: 4:00 PM - 8:00 PM
    If the maintenance is planned to last approximately 4 hours then the UTC time should be ending at 10:00 AM not 10:00 PM! ;)

Second, I notice the Dice event will be available from August 23rd ~ to September 9, but checking the calendar shows that September 9 is a Sunday which seems a bit odd. Usually events start on one maintenance and end on a subsequent maintenance, whether it's a week, two weeks or longer. So just wondering if maybe the end date is wrong because 18 days doen't seem very long for a Dice event that has Completion Rewards for a total of 7 completions!

Also on the Dice event, the three daily quests that each reward 2x Dice are for Riders of higher level, but what about those Riders who are not yet high enough level to complete those daily quests? Seems somewhat unfair on lower level Riders being unable to earn the same number of bonus Dice from daily quests! Just want the Dev team to consider Riders of ALL levels for future events instead of just the higher level Riders. After all, those lower level Riders become high level one day, but if they feel left out and excluded then they may just decide to quit!

One more for the Dice event, just want to check that the picture shown is accurate, especially the "-4" corner which is shown as being opposite the "Start" now. Previous Dice events had two "-4" corners, in the top right corner and bottom left corner. Always hated those two corners in previous Dice events because my characters would always get stuck at one or both of them! Landing on those corners, going back 4 squares and then rolling a 4 to land on the corner once again so you went back 4 squares once again, yeah that just wasn't much fun! So maybe now if there's only one "-4" corner it won't be quite so bad! :)

Finally, with the removal of the Summer Event there's a list of all that's being removed in this maintenance, however I don't see any mention of the Rabbini Popeye at Morineh Lake that sold the Cool Watermelon for the Watermelon Delivery daily quest from NPC Haley (Summer Event NPC). Just figured I'd mention that in case Rabbini Popeye had been forgotten to be removed or simply not included in the list of everything that's being removed! ;)
  • PhoebeePhoebee
    Member, Administrator
    edited August 22, 2018
    GrizzlyUK wrote: »
    @Phoebee
    @Cream

Firstly, the UTC time is incorrect, but only for the duration:
    Coordinated Universal Time (UTC): 6:00 AM - 10:00 PM
    Pacific Daylight Time: 11:00 PM [August 22] – 3:00 AM
    Eastern Daylight Time: 2:00 AM – 6:00 AM
    Central European Summer Time: 8:00 AM – 12:00 PM
    Australian Eastern Standard Time: 4:00 PM - 8:00 PM
    If the maintenance is planned to last approximately 4 hours then the UTC time should be ending at 10:00 AM not 10:00 PM! ;)

Second, I notice the Dice event will be available from August 23rd ~ to September 9, but checking the calendar shows that September 9 is a Sunday which seems a bit odd. Usually events start on one maintenance and end on a subsequent maintenance, whether it's a week, two weeks or longer. So just wondering if maybe the end date is wrong because 18 days doen't seem very long for a Dice event that has Completion Rewards for a total of 7 completions!

Also on the Dice event, the three daily quests that each reward 2x Dice are for Riders of higher level, but what about those Riders who are not yet high enough level to complete those daily quests? Seems somewhat unfair on lower level Riders being unable to earn the same number of bonus Dice from daily quests! Just want the Dev team to consider Riders of ALL levels for future events instead of just the higher level Riders. After all, those lower level Riders become high level one day, but if they feel left out and excluded then they may just decide to quit!

One more for the Dice event, just want to check that the picture shown is accurate, especially the "-4" corner which is shown as being opposite the "Start" now. Previous Dice events had two "-4" corners, in the top right corner and bottom left corner. Always hated those two corners in previous Dice events because my characters would always get stuck at one or both of them! Landing on those corners, going back 4 squares and then rolling a 4 to land on the corner once again so you went back 4 squares once again, yeah that just wasn't much fun! So maybe now if there's only one "-4" corner it won't be quite so bad! :)

Finally, with the removal of the Summer Event there's a list of all that's being removed in this maintenance, however I don't see any mention of the Rabbini Popeye at Morineh Lake that sold the Cool Watermelon for the Watermelon Delivery daily quest from NPC Haley (Summer Event NPC). Just figured I'd mention that in case Rabbini Popeye had been forgotten to be removed or simply not included in the list of everything that's being removed! ;)

@GrizzlyUK Thank you for noticing such minor information. After I left the office last night I was thinking the same things as what you have posted. I will talk to the devs about it :) Will include those minor removals after confirming with the devs. If you still have noticed anything please don't hesitate to reply on this thread and mention me.

Update
    @GrizzlyUK we have confirmed from the devs about the "Nerf" thing for the Revitalized Sainted Daveen.

Revitalized Sainted Daveen
    - Nerfed the Skill "Headbutt".
    - Nerfed stun skill state from buff to debuff is now applied.
    - The previous effect of the stun skill was buff skill, the skill effect was working without the immunization to the monsters.

For more details: http://icarus.nexon.net/en/news/article/34509/scheduled-maintenance-august-23-2018

And for the end of the Dice event. Its Sept 6. Confusion with the date in game
  • GrizzlyUKGrizzlyUK
    edited August 22, 2018
    Phoebee wrote: »
    @GrizzlyUK Thank you for noticing such minor information. After I left the office last night I was thinking the same things as what you have posted. I will talk to the devs about it :) Will include those minor removals after confirming with the devs. If you still have noticed anything please don't hesitate to reply on this thread and mention me.

Update
    @GrizzlyUK we have confirmed from the devs about the "Nerf" thing for the Revitalized Sainted Daveen.

- The previous effect of the stun skill was buff skill, the skill effect was working without the immunization to the monsters.

For more details: http://icarus.nexon.net/en/news/article/34509/scheduled-maintenance-august-23-2018

@ Phoebee
    For some weird reason I seem to be able to spot such minor things, yet sometimes I can miss the very obvious things! lol

So the Dice event actually ends on September 6, so that means we get just 14 days to try and complete the board 7 times! That may prove difficult, especially for the lower level Riders who won't be able to get the three dailies to earn extra dice.

I checked the news article again seeing as you linked it and I see that the UTC time has been corrected and Rabbini Popeye is now listed as being removed! Good to see corrections being made so quickly.

The one thing I did forget to ask about was the patch filesize for this week. I really hope it's not another 3GB+ patch, but if it is at least I won't miss out on my daily login etc as I've already got that done for today! I logged in just after the daily reset so at least that's out of the way just in case I do have to spend several hours downloading another large patch! While I was ingame this morning I saw two GM announcements which I *think* were 60 minute warnings of the server maintenance starting. I don't know for certain because the first one was in French and the second was in German, but there wasn't an English one. I did scroll back through my chat log to check, but could only see those two GM announcements.
  • PhoebeePhoebee
    Member, Administrator
    edited August 23, 2018
    GrizzlyUK wrote: »

Update

@ Phoebee
    For some weird reason I seem to be able to spot such minor things, yet sometimes I can miss the very obvious things! lol

So the Dice event actually ends on September 6, so that means we get just 14 days to try and complete the board 7 times! That may prove difficult, especially for the lower level Riders who won't be able to get the three dailies to earn extra dice.

I checked the news article again seeing as you linked it and I see that the UTC time has been corrected and Rabbini Popeye is now listed as being removed! Good to see corrections being made so quickly.

The one thing I did forget to ask about was the patch filesize for this week. I really hope it's not another 3GB+ patch, but if it is at least I won't miss out on my daily login etc as I've already got that done for today! I logged in just after the daily reset so at least that's out of the way just in case I do have to spend several hours downloading another large patch! While I was ingame this morning I saw two GM announcements which I *think* were 60 minute warnings of the server maintenance starting. I don't know for certain because the first one was in French and the second was in German, but there wasn't an English one. I did scroll back through my chat log to check, but could only see those two GM announcements.

@GrizzlyUK You can buy the Dice for 25 Ellun if ever the dices that you can get from the quest are not enough. Also, i really do wonder about the quest and for the low levels. I did ask that one but didnt get a respond. I'll be trying to talk to devs more about it. Also, thank you for noticing the quick changes :) might as well change the web post while still not busy with Testing the fixes and removals of the summer event.

As for the patch files, we are still not yet informed for it but i think it will be 1gb up and 3gb less (Hoping it would not be 3gb and more). And for the in game announcement. We have an interval time before giving the announcement in game. Might be that when you logged in the game the announcement in english is already done thats why you only see the French and German.
  • YllmathirYllmathir
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 7,315
    edited August 23, 2018
    Thanks for removing one of the two -4 from dice event. 'cause in the past many of us had problems in completing it and got stuck halfway. :)
    @GrizzlyUK You can buy the Dice for 25 Ellun if ever the dices that you can get from the quest are not enough.
    Since we do dice event for elluns mostly, explain me why we should even think to spend 25 elluns in first place?
    What's the sense?
    As for the patch files, we are still not yet informed for it but i think it will be 1gb up and 3gb less (Hoping it would not be 3gb and more). And for the in game announcement. We have an interval time before giving the announcement in game. Might be that when you logged in the game the announcement in english is already done thats why you only see the French and German.

About the patch it's 1.2gb.
  • CreamCream
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 22,260
    Forum Moderator, Council Member
    edited August 23, 2018
    @Yllmathir

You cannot think only as endgame player you must allow yourself to be in the position of newcomers and people that are still working on some area of their character(s). Having different options how to get access to Dices is only for those that want to do it, is not a mandatory or must buy to complete it and even more so, without the 2 -4 corners, Rider!

Have a nice day!
  • GrizzlyUKGrizzlyUK
    edited August 24, 2018
    @Phoebee
    @Yllmathir

Thanks for the info about the patch, fortunately it didn't take too long to download so I was able to log in-game last night. Was a little surprised to see that Victory Plaza hasn't been restored to it's default appearance and the Summer Event pond, sand, palm trees etc are still present. Not only that, but standing down by the pond is NPC Haley (Summer Event NPC) who was supposed to have been removed yesterday! Guessing that somone decided to leave her in-game for a little longer so Riders could still spend Watermelon Slices to purchase from NPC Haley (Summer Event NPC)?
    Cream wrote: »
    @Yllmathir

You cannot think only as endgame player you must allow yourself to be in the position of newcomers and people that are still working on some area of their character(s). Having different options how to get access to Dices is only for those that want to do it, is not a mandatory or must buy to complete it and even more so, without the 2 -4 corners, Rider!

Have a nice day!

I agree that you must allow for Riders of all levels and it's always good to have different options, but without any daily quests for lower level Riders to be able to earn bonus Dice the option to purchase a bonus dice for 25 Elluns is more of a must purchase! Even more so when there are Completion Rewards for completing the board 7 times and the Dice event is only lasting 14 days, so if Riders want to earn all 7 completion rewards they must complete the board every 2 days! Something tells me that low level Riders simply aren't going to be able to hit that target! :(

Riders who are able to complete any combination of the three daily quests will earn between 2-6 bonus Dice plus the free daily Dice, plus the Dice from the merchant for 25 Elluns so that's a potential total of between 4-8 Dice per day. Those Riders who aren't able to complete any of the three daily quests just get the free daily Dice plus the Dice from the merchant for 25 Elluns so that's a potential total of between 1-2 Dice per day. Yep, really seems like Nexon are considering Riders of all levels for this event doesn't it? :(
  • CreamCream
    edited August 24, 2018
    @GrizzlyUK

I do understand your point but if you notice there are way more dices given this time and less -4 penalties. Sadly, most events have level restrictions and this game is not exempt from that.

What can be done if a considerable number of Riders do inform us about problems completing the board is to forward the concern to the Dev's for a consideration to possibly extend the Dice event (has been done before). It is too early to raise an alarm for this subject but your concern is well founded.

Have a nice day!
  • GrizzlyUKGrizzlyUK
    edited August 24, 2018
    @Cream

I understand that there have been improvements to the board so as to increase the fun and enjoyment etc, that's great to see and I'm not complaining about that! I also understand that events have level restrictions, but when lower levels are basically being penalised for simply being below a certain level then something is wrong! I understand there's a desire and a need to provide more for the higher level/max level player, but that should never be at the expense of lower level players! Once those lower level players start feeling that they are being excluded, ignored, punished or penalised simply because of their level then the chance of those players simply quitting the game increases! This isn't the first event where daily quests are restricted to higher level players and lower level players simply get almost nothing to do to participate. I'd just like to see an event where players of all levels are considered and can participate equally and fairly! Pretty sure higher level players would be complaining if there were only low level daily quests that they weren't able to complete simply because of their level!

As I've already pointed out, this Dice event is currently set to last 14 days and it has 7 Completion Rewards so everyone must complete the board once every 2 days if they hope to earn all 7 Completion Rewards! That means you need to get at least half way round the board every single day!
  • YllmathirYllmathir
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 7,315
    edited August 25, 2018
    Cream wrote: »
    What can be done if a considerable number of Riders do inform us about problems completing the board is to forward the concern to the Dev's for a consideration to possibly extend the Dice event (has been done before). It is too early to raise an alarm for this subject but your concern is well founded.

Have a nice day!
    Cream it's because we also think about low level players that this extra dice sounds ridicolous.. tell me how a low level player can even complete ToS hc, TB hc in first place.. 50 level + it's clearly not a low level player, but mid high level.
    Second.. Buying extra dice with 25* elluns for getting 1 roll? How many do you think a low level player can get from game? Not many.. Assuming he tries 4x each day 'cause maybe he/she can at least run fk elite.. he/she needs to spend 100 elluns each day for 14 days more or less..(it's 1400 elluns) 'cause if we talk about players that cannot run level 40+ dungeon, there is maybe only fk elite as option..

But also if we consider high level player this extra roll it's not a good choice.
    Still like the fact that they gave us more dice and less -4..
  • CreamCream
    edited August 25, 2018
    @Yllmathir

Please note that not all events as I mentioned before will be for all levels (0 - cap) and this is true for a number of games. I do understand that the community cares for their lower level fellow Riders but the Dice event has never been an event that covers all levels (0 - cap). Maybe our Riders in the future that have lower levels characters can enjoy another type of events that may be well very possible to be shared with the high level or cap players, so all could experience enjoyment as well from such events.

I also have to say that we need to think that this is an MMO and as such the community needs to look for help, tag with other Riders or be part of a guild/alliance to do certain aspects of the game. Yes, is fun to be able to clear some areas or dungeons in the game alone/solo but the game is not designed to be played in that manner completely (when you are extremely OP to the level, oh well is another story but for players in lower or at the level, sadly, this is an MMO).

Needless to say, this is a Dev Team decision to make any changes to this or any other in-game events, however, the information was forward to them with all the community concerns.

Have a nice day!
This discussion has been closed.