[ATTN NEW RIDERS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Taming

ChuasmeChuasme
Riders of Icarus Rep: 310
edited September 11, 2018 in Mount Collection and Combat
Okay, the thing is i am level 34 rn and i failed taming Agnas for 5th time. I made sure to clean up the place including it's little minions flying around him to avoid getting attacked and bring it's hp "almost" to zero yet it just never happens .I saw low levels taming it successfully but i just can not.Can someone tell me what am i doing wrong cuz i m starting to lose it :(

Comments

• NeoseptemNeoseptem
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 2,250
    edited September 11, 2018
    Sadly taming in this game is completly random, either you get lucky or not. ;(
    You can increase your taming success chance though: be at a higher level than the familiar, lower the familiars health, taming talisman (Ellora's Spire and Cash Shop), taming potion (Ellora's Shop), costume (Ellora's Shop or events), Ancient jewelry set (20% taming chance at 3 pieces; dropped in Fractura raid).
    Also you can try resetting familiars for an extra button press at the start of the tame.

Other than that just cross your fingers and pray to RNGesus. >.<
  • CreamCream
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 22,005
    Forum Moderator, Council Member
    Hi,

Taming beasts is a variable aspect as for Agnas and other beasts that you will find in the Middelas. in the case of Agnas the Red you have to lower its HP around 10% if I remember correctly in order to try for a taming attempt. Make sure of the following before trying to tame any beast;

* Taming Points - amount necessary to tame the targeted beast.
    * Storage Space (slot) - Make sure you have at least one available spot within your familiar storage.
    * Taming Mark - Have in your storage the taming mark for the beast that you are going to tame at any moment.
    * Character level (not necessarily required but is a plus) - Make sure you are on the beast level or at a higher one before attempting a tame.

One more thing, Agnas is a heroic level beast meaning it's not easy to tame while your character is at low levels as well. Some beasts take more effort to certain Riders rather than others, however, taming Agnas should be fairly simple once you have verified the above minimum requirements in order to attempt a tame.

I hope this helps, tag me if more help is needed RIder!

giphy.gif
  • ChuasmeChuasme
    Neoseptem wrote: »
    Sadly taming in this game is completly random, either you get lucky or not. ;(
    You can increase your taming success chance though: be at a higher level than the familiar, lower the familiars health, taming talisman (Ellora's Spire and Cash Shop), taming potion (Ellora's Shop), costume (Ellora's Shop or events), Ancient jewelry set (20% taming chance at 3 pieces; dropped in Fractura raid).
    Also you can try resetting familiars for an extra button press at the start of the tame.

Other than that just cross your fingers and pray to RNGesus. >.<

i guess i'm just gonna get the "Agnas the Untameable" achievement and Rely on %100 chance Mark but Dragon Marks are not easy to find even if i wanted to fail 5 more times to get the achievement
  • CreamCream
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 22,005
    Forum Moderator, Council Member
    Dragon marks drop like candy from the following WB's;

*Jeranin at Divinity Shore
    * Ashuram at Parnas Coast
    * Bismuth at Parnas Coast
    * Merumi's Poseana, Keron and Ursula at Parnas Coast

This WB's are easy prey for characters at level 60 and some lower ones. Tag along with someone or ask for help and you will get them. I always give those away if there is someone near me (low-level people) that needs them.

Edit: I am on Baellas server if you are there as well just whisper me and I can help you.

giphy.gif
  • NeoseptemNeoseptem
    If you want my honest opinion, don't bother with it for now.
    Try getting to lv60 first, it's easier to farm money and marks once you reached max level (and maybe get some equipment in the process).
    Farming world bosses like Cream mentioned is a way of getting marks but for that you need a high level as well as decent equipment. Though you could try your luck with Ashuram, he has less HP than the other and as long as you stay ranged (either as ranged class or mounted combat) he is not that bad to deal with.

A small tipp for you, once you reach Tritael Rift you need a good flying mount. If you didn't manage to tame a heroic (best would be Terror Kerav) or get one from login events or the such you can rent a pegasus at an NPC at Maelstrom Perch for starters. You get better elite flying mounts from follow-up quests.
  • ChuasmeChuasme
    Cream wrote: »
    Dragon marks drop like candy from the following WB's;

*Jeranin at Divinity Shore
    * Ashuram at Parnas Coast
    * Bismuth at Parnas Coast
    * Merumi's Poseana, Keron and Ursula at Parnas Coast

This WB's are easy prey for characters at level 60 and some lower ones. Tag along with someone or ask for help and you will get them. I always give those away if there is someone near me (low-level people) that needs them.

Edit: I am on Baellas server if you are there as well just whisper me and I can help you.

giphy.gif

Thanks a lot but i am on EU and i thought you had to kill attaius to get the mark. At least i know how to get one now, thanks again. :)
    Neoseptem wrote: »
    If you want my honest opinion, don't bother with it for now.
    Try getting to lv60 first, it's easier to farm money and marks once you reached max level (and maybe get some equipment in the process).
    Farming world bosses like Cream mentioned is a way of getting marks but for that you need a high level as well as decent equipment. Though you could try your luck with Ashuram, he has less HP than the other and as long as you stay ranged (either as ranged class or mounted combat) he is not that bad to deal with.

A small tipp for you, once you reach Tritael Rift you need a good flying mount. If you didn't manage to tame a heroic (best would be Terror Kerav) or get one from login events or the such you can rent a pegasus at an NPC at Maelstrom Perch for starters. You get better elite flying mounts from follow-up quests.

Yeah, i got to Rift thats why i wanted a heroic mount cuz of the penalties. Well i'll handle it somehow i hope, thank you for the tip btw :)
    Cream
  • NeoseptemNeoseptem
    edited September 12, 2018
    You can drop the recipe for crafting Agnas marks from Attaius, dunno about the mark itself. But even then, there are way easier ways than Attaius to farm for marks. XD

I thought as much. Rift is where people stumble quite often because of the debuff and need for a good flying mount in general.
    Agnas isn't even good enough since in one of the last quests you need to kill an enemy at an altitude of ~950m and Agnas max Altitude is only 800m without tempering.
    Which is why I suggested Terror Kerav.
    Just hang in there, the regions after Rift are more grounded :D except Windy Canyon but it's nowhere near Rift.
  • GrizzlyUKGrizzlyUK
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 5,045
    edited September 12, 2018
    One thing not mentioned are the Server Buffs that include a percentage increase to Taming Success (usually around 10%) and of course the Premium Service "Taming success rate increased by 10%". Add those two together with a Taming Talisman, a Taming Potion and any costume that has increased Taming Success and you should find taming Agnas much easier! ;) This is what I did recently with all 7 of my characters when I decided it was time to tame Agnas with each of them.

If you're just trying to get yourself a better flying mount then another option would be to use the monthly Reward Writs from the Daily Login Rewards to purchase one of the "Light" or "Radiant" Legendary mounts from the vendor. There are a few to choose from so you should be able to find one you like! ;)
    daeni