[ATTN NEW RIDERS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

removal of Mcbains quests

lithefarmerlithefarmer
Riders of Icarus Rep: 1,025
edited September 22 in General Chat
With is upcoming change, will there be any other way for those of us who are unable to run the legendary dungeons to get the Alsacain Soul Stones?
dannie

Comments

• danniedannie
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 830
    edited September 23
    This is a great point. ;)
    With the current...lack of people playing, and the unwillingness of those that do to even consider running these with anyone not in their cliques..well this leaves those unable to solo legendary's literally screwed when trying to get these stones. as well as other things needed and only dropped from the bosses inside.

The market isn't a great place anymore to find much of anything that isn't over-priced or even rare. Not many have the gold required now just to maintain things let alone w/e else you may find you have to have.

For a game that now seems to be solely centered around group play, having a lack of player base for it seems counter-productive. yet here we all are in exactly this set of circumstances that has evolved in the past two years.
    Seriously something about all this needs to be addressed and soon. The dust is starting to swirl around and accumulate if you look hard enough. This game is fast becoming a ghost town.
    lithefarmerGrizzlyUK
  • zzFENRIRzzzzFENRIRzz
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 1,160
    edited September 23
    I do not know which server you play but the Baellas server still has the Mac Bain's quests.
  • lithefarmerlithefarmer
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 1,025
    edited September 24
    I am on teleos. the quest is still there but scheduled to be removed with this next big update.

• GrizzlyUKGrizzlyUK
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 4,870
    edited September 25
    I don't recall seeing anything about the MacBain quests being removed in the Turimnan update. The Patch Notes for that update aren't available yet so that doesn't help, had to do a little digging and the only thing I could find is the Ellora's Shop Update for September 6 article where it says that MacBain Coins will be "gone by the 20th of September" which was the release date for the Turimnan update before Nexon delayed it to October. Does anyone know more than that?

Nexon just continues to fail at giving out actual detailed information and it simply isn't doing anyone any good! :(
  • CreamCream
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 21,865
    Forum Moderator, Council Member
    edited September 26
    This a just a misunderstanding Rider, what it says there is that the SALE of the"MacBain Coin Lucky Box and Package" was scheduled from "September 06, 2018 to September 20, 2018, in the Special Tab and Discount Tab.

The Macbain coin merchant is a permanent feature of the game as it was announced on its introduction on last March 2018, as a patch update, Not an event!
    http://icarus.nexon.net/en/news/article/29496/macbain-merchant-shop-quests
    http://forums.icarus.nexon.net/discussion/23037/march-26-new-merchant-john-macbain-update

I hope this information helps!

qWbaNsH.jpg
    Nitra
  • GrizzlyUKGrizzlyUK
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 4,870
    edited September 26
    @Cream
    Thank you very much for clearing up that bit of confusion! As I said in my previous comment I just could not recall ever seeing anything anywhere about the MacBain quests, coins or NPC's being removed and I'd always understood that they were intended as permanent additions to the game, which you have also confirmed. That's why I couldn't understand where this "removal of MacBain quests" had come from!

Nexon still has room to improve on their information releases though! ;)
    dannie
  • glitchmagnetglitchmagnet
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 1,590
    edited October 4
    Thank you for clarifying this for me. the only part that stood out was the removal of the coins. Kind of freaked me out since I rely on the merchant so much.
    Thank you again, Cream
    Cream