[ATTN NEW RIDERS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Is Hadakhan's Haunting returning this week?

GrizzlyUKGrizzlyUK
Riders of Icarus Rep: 5,125
edited October 23, 2018 in General Chat
As the title says, is the Hadakhan's Haunting event returning this week? I still have a couple of characters that are missing Coiste Bodhar (Heroic) from their collections so I hope that Hadakhan's Haunting is going to be returning this week! I did a quick check on last years Hadakhan's Haunting event 2017 and The Headless Knight Dullahan part of the event started on October 18, 2017 and ended on November 22, 2017. So what's happening this year?

EDIT: Figured I'd dig a bit further back and found the Spooktacular Halloween Events 2016 article. That one shows The Headless Knight Dullahan was available from October 19, 2016 until November 2, 2016. So, er, October 23, 2018 and there's nothing about this event anywhere, no news article, no announcements here in the forums, there's nothing about any sort of Halloween events this year! :(

Comments

• CreamCream
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 22,260
    Forum Moderator, Council Member
    edited October 23, 2018
    I will attempt to get information about it ;) I really would love the Haunted Manor again but the Haunting event will do as well :)

qWbaNsH.jpg
  • GrizzlyUKGrizzlyUK
    edited October 23, 2018
    I liked The Giant Pumpkin Hunt Event from 2016 and was a little sad it didn't return last year. :( But I guess something has to be removed to make way for the newer events. Trying to hunt down Dullahan with Coiste Bodhar can get really frustrating, especialy when Dullahan seems to insist on making solo appearances all day every day! lol
  • CreamCream
    edited October 24, 2018
    @GrizzlyUK

You will find in this link to the next Schedule Maintenance (10/25/18) under the Events sub-section partial information related to Halloween events. Let's see what they have for us, Rider!

Edit: This is the Link to the Halloween Events Rider!!!

qWbaNsH.jpg
  • GrizzlyUKGrizzlyUK
    edited October 24, 2018
    @Cream

Thank you for the links, the Halloween Events seem rather lacking, I notice there is no mention of The Headless Knight Dullahan appearing in Heroic and Legendary dungeons, which means no Coiste Bodhar either! Yet I notice that the Special Login event Day 7 reward is a Hadakan's Haunting Lucky Box and one of the possible items is a Coiste Bodhar Mark! Why include a Coiste Bodhar Mark when there is no chance of even finding Coiste Bodhar, let alone being able to tame Coiste Bodhar?

Sorry but if that's everything for this years Halloween Event then, IMHO, it's disappointing. :(
  • CreamCream
    edited October 24, 2018
    Well to me I do like it so far since the Haunted house is an instance that is somewhat fun and easy for everyone by our past experience. Also, the dice event will give new Rides a chance for special items. I do not know the details about the mount Coiste Bodhar but if I get anything I will be posted here if there is not a main thread about it.

To be fair there are a few things happening this Halloween;

- Candy Event
    - Dice Event
    - Haunted Manor
    - Special Login

I mean I think is not a bad Halloweens ;) Calendar so far!
    rH6FWe9.jpg
  • GrizzlyUKGrizzlyUK
    edited October 25, 2018
    I'll just copy/paste relevant info from the Spooktacular Halloween Events 2016 news article:
    Beware Dullahan, the headless knight! This extra boss appears in every dungeon during the event period. Riders can defeat him for a chance at a Haunted Random Box, Witch Hats, and more!

If Dullahan appears riding Coiste Bodhar, Riders can defeat Dullahan and then attempt to tame the beast. Coiste Bodhar’s appearance rate increases with dungeon difficulty, so be brave and tame this amazing mount! This mount cannot be sealed.
    Note that this is for Coiste Bodhar (Heroic), last year we had the addition of Abyssal Dullahan who could only be found in Legendary Mode dungeons and sometimes appeared riding Abyssal Coiste Bodhar (Legendary). Currently the ONLY way to obtain Coiste Bodhar (Heroic) is from previous Halloween events, however, Abyssal Coiste Bodhar (Legendary) can currently be obtained from Rabbini Day Familiar Lucky Box which is only available from the Rabbini Day Weekend Sale which appears once per month.

So, if there's no Dullahan this year then there's no way for anyone to obtain Coiste Bodhar (Heroic) this year! :( Please also note that I did not say this is a bad Halloween's Calendar, I merely said it's disappointing for me.
  • CreamCream
    edited October 25, 2018
    Oh, I understood what you meant and the information was forward. It is asked if Dullahan or Coiste Bodhar will appear or it is only that the box contains the mark with no hope.

I will keep you appraised about it as information comes back and no worries I do understand that you want the horse and be able to play without DC's. Your opinion is always welcome so thank you!!!!!

rH6FWe9.jpg
  • GrizzlyUKGrizzlyUK
    edited October 25, 2018
    Yeah I figured you did understand, that previous was more for those Riders who have joined us recently and may not know much, if anything, about Dullahan and his mount, Coiste Bodhar. ;)

Kinda surprised that no other Riders have added any comments here, but hey ho, guess that's more a reflection of the dwindling forum users. :(
  • CreamCream
    edited October 25, 2018
    @GrizzlyUK

I was informed that the information has been forward to the Dev's and we are currently waiting for a response on what will happen with Riders that receive the mark.

Will keep you informed as the details flow back to us, Rider!

rH6FWe9.jpg
  • GrizzlyUKGrizzlyUK
    edited October 26, 2018
    @Cream

Well if there's no Dullahan and Coiste Bodhar this year then anyone who receives a Coiste Bodhar Mark from a Hadakan's Haunting Lucky Box can always put it in the bank and hope for the return of Dullahan and Coiste Bodhar next year. Most of my characters still have Coiste Bodhar Marks and Abyssal Coiste Bodhar Marks from last year which I had been hoping to make use of this year. :( Other than that, it's a bit of an oversight to include the Coiste Bodhar Mark in the Hadakan's Haunting Lucky Box loot list when Coiste Bodhar isn't even going to be available for anyone to tame this year! :(