[ATTN NEW RIDERS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
Closed

[COMPLETE]Scheduled Maintenance - January 03, 2019

PhoebeePhoebee
Riders of Icarus Rep: 1,285
Member, Administrator
edited January 3 in Official News
63dabc9418e42432d45a589ec06bd33385f20e3e.jpg

We will be performing a scheduled maintenance on Thursday, January 03, 2019. We anticipate the maintenance to last approximately 4 hours. Please note that the estimated length of time for each maintenance is subject to change without notification.

Thanks for your patience!

Time:

January 03, 2019

Coordinated Universal Time (UTC): 6:00 AM - 10:00 AM
Pacific Daylight Time: 10:00 PM [January 2] – 2:00 PM

Eastern Daylight Time: 1:00 AM – 5:00 AM
Central European Summer Time: 7:00 AM – 11:00 AM
Australian Eastern Standard Time: 5:00 PM - 9:00 PM

[h1]What will be unavailable:[/h1]
  • All Riders of Icarus game servers.

[h1]Changes and Updates:[/h1]
  • Removed
    • Christmas song and background theme.
    • Christmas event NPC
      • NPC Mattew and NPC Jasper
    •  Christmas Dice event and quest.
      • NPC Chase 
        • [Event] A Gift On the Way - Repeatable
        • [Event] Thieving Rabbini I repeatable
      • NPC James
        • [Event] Thieving Rabbini II repeatable
      • NPC Nicholas Cole
        • [Event] Thieving Rabbini III repeatable

• Added
    • New Year's Event
    • New Year's Event Quest
    • New Year's Monster Event
    • New Year's Event NPC Chris Rabbini (Rabbini of the New Year)
    • New Event Mount
      • Glacial Agnas

• Fixed
    • Berkser Skills are working correctly in conjunction with it's description.
      • Thunderous Kick
      • Brute Smash
      • Leaping Slash
      • Whirling Blade
      • Triple Slash
      • Adrenal Overflow
    • Guardian Skills are working correctly in conjunction with it's description.
      • Justice Slash
      • Kick
      • Shield Smite
      • Binding Summons
      • Rising Truth
      • Protector of Hakanas
    • Assassin Skill are working correctly in conjunction with it's description.
      • Flash Cut
      • Dagger Rush
      • Dagger Toss
      • Killer's Cross
      • Moonlight Edge
      • Whirling Shadow
      • Poisoned
      • Koroshimo's Patience
    • Priest Skill are working correctly in conjunction with it's description.
      • Sacred Impact
      • Contrition
      • Righteous Authority
    • Wizard Skill are working correctly in conjunction with it's description.
      • Frost Bomb
      • Ember Bomb
      • Flame Barrage
      • Ice Barrage
    • Ranger Skill are working correctly in conjunction with it's description.
      • Sharp Arrow
      • Chaos Arrow
      • Pride of Shadows
    • Trickster Skill is working correctly in conjunction with it's description.
      • Cherry Blossom Rush - changed to 5 hits

• Modified
    • Mount: Blazeur
      • Color of the mount has been modified from Green to Blue (Original Color)
    • January Writ Reward
      • Changed the December Writ Reward to January Writ Reward.
  • General Server Up-Keep

Comments

• GrizzlyUKGrizzlyUK
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 5,115
    edited January 2
    @Phoebee

What is Nexon planning to do about the Sainted Festive Reindeers that they seem to have forgotten to actually add to the game world during the Christmas event for those who won a Sainted Festive Reindeer Mark? My guess is that Nexon is going to just ignore the fact they even made a mistake and then ignore the unhappy, dissatisfied and fed up players, but whatever Nexon does do, they certainly won't offer any sort of apology for their mistake!

As for this New Year's Rabbini Event, why is the location of the event monster Rabbini in the Cloying Wastes? Anyone with characters that aren't of a high enough level to enter Cloying Wastes is instantly excluded from this event, meaning they can never participate, they can never complete the quests, never earn the rewards and never acquire the Glacial Agnas Mark so will never be able to tame Glacial Agnas! No other alternative events for lower level characters either, just the one event with the event monster Rabbini you need to kill waiting in the Cloying Wastes!

Events that exclude a number of players due to level just aren't fun or enjoyable for those who are excluded because their character(s) just aren't high enough level to participate. This is just another reason why the game is slowly being killed by Nexon, who just continue to find whole new ways to alienate players and drive them away from the game! :(

The future of Riders of Icarus is looking very grim indeed, and as things stand now I'm not even sure the game will survive 2019! :(
    dannieGalexialyn
  • danniedannie
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 1,230
    edited January 3
    Those aren't the only things that were lacking or forgotten about. Not sure if anyone noticed or not but the special login event where the last familiar was the Silver Laiku, the timer on it kept resetting itself. it would run down to 1 second then freeze for me. when I'd re-log, it would be at 58+ minutes once again.

This went on for three days before I decided not to bother. Already had it on my main character. All I was planning to do was use it to upgrade another heroic familiar. I debated on sending in a ticket but frankly....after reading the forums and seeing no one posted i gave up.
    Not really worth it to play the support ticket run around. And yes I do have the screens but again why bother. This game is being allowed to fall apart and no one seems to care much.
    Sad that, really. This game had such potential and promise in the beginning. The only thing they haven't done yet is turn off the lights. :'(
    GrizzlyUK
  • AtHIRSIZIAtHIRSIZI
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 200
    edited January 3
    Why constantly rabbits. What's your problem with rabbits?
  • RunelonRunelon
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 410
    edited January 3
    I don't know what you want to achieve with this new event but i am not happy at all...
    It took me about 2h and 40 min to finish all 4 quests by farming 2k coins and i had a good spot to farm them constantly. I can imagine that the majority needs even more time to finish all quests because they keep missing the Rabbinis. I also don't get why we get the same amount of Event Token with 800 coin quest as we get it from the 200 coin quest... Depending on your luck spending up to 4 hours a day (or even insanely more) for an event is kind of torturing and that is only for 1 of our characters we have. We already have enough of work by farming/grinding normal stuff from game. Why does have an event to be that torturing as well? Doesn't it have to be fun and rewarding with celebrating the feasts and holidays?
    This is really too painful for an event, it can be hard gathering the event items like doing hard dungeons but shouldn't be that time consuming.... Which is too exaggerated with this event. You even spend less time doing Scarlet Harbour... I would even prefer doing the christmas snowball dungeon which everyone seems to hate..
    I hope Nexon gonna rethink this and change the quests to be more affordable for an event asap.
    GrizzlyUK
  • GrizzlyUKGrizzlyUK
    edited January 3
    dannie wrote: »
    Those aren't the only things that were lacking or forgotten about. Not sure if anyone noticed or not but the special login event where the last familiar was the Silver Laiku, the timer on it kept resetting itself. it would run down to 1 second then freeze for me. when I'd re-log, it would be at 58+ minutes once again.

This went on for three days before I decided not to bother. Already had it on my main character. All I was planning to do was use it to upgrade another heroic familiar. I debated on sending in a ticket but frankly....after reading the forums and seeing no one posted i gave up.
    Not really worth it to play the support ticket run around. And yes I do have the screens but again why bother. This game is being allowed to fall apart and no one seems to care much.
    Sad that, really. This game had such potential and promise in the beginning. The only thing they haven't done yet is turn off the lights. :'(

Well that's certainly not good, but sadly there simply isn't the massive number of players anymore which means these sort of rare *bugs* may only show up for a very, very small number of players. It's a shame you didn't put in a support ticket, even if just to tell Nexon there was a problem. But I fully understand why you didn't want to waste time on that, Nexon haven't exactly got a good CS, usually tickets take days to get a response which is usually a "We'll investigate" followed by closure of the ticket! :(

To be perfectly clear here though, I'm not saying there's any blame on you for anything, this is all on Nexon and is just one more example of how they are failing so badly! Remember when EA Games won the "Worst Company in the World" yearly award twice? Pretty sure Nexon could easily win "Worst Company in the World EVER"!!! :(

You're right about it being sad and such a shame. The game still has potential and promise, it's just that it's not being delivered! as such it may not be long until they do turn off the lights. :'(
    dannie
  • GalexialynGalexialyn
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 600
    edited January 6
    GrizzlyUK wrote: »
    @Phoebee

What is Nexon planning to do about the Sainted Festive Reindeers that they seem to have forgotten to actually add to the game world during the Christmas event for those who won a Sainted Festive Reindeer Mark? My guess is that Nexon is going to just ignore the fact they even made a mistake and then ignore the unhappy, dissatisfied and fed up players, but whatever Nexon does do, they certainly won't offer any sort of apology for their mistake!

As for this New Year's Rabbini Event, why is the location of the event monster Rabbini in the Cloying Wastes? Anyone with characters that aren't of a high enough level to enter Cloying Wastes is instantly excluded from this event, meaning they can never participate, they can never complete the quests, never earn the rewards and never acquire the Glacial Agnas Mark so will never be able to tame Glacial Agnas! No other alternative events for lower level characters either, just the one event with the event monster Rabbini you need to kill waiting in the Cloying Wastes!

Events that exclude a number of players due to level just aren't fun or enjoyable for those who are excluded because their character(s) just aren't high enough level to participate. This is just another reason why the game is slowly being killed by Nexon, who just continue to find whole new ways to alienate players and drive them away from the game! :(

The future of Riders of Icarus is looking very grim indeed, and as things stand now I'm not even sure the game will survive 2019! :(

I earned one of the marks and I was hoping the GMs would get something worked out for those who did earn SFR marks. It would be great to either give compensation for the unfortunate circumstance or give a chance to tame it. I was truly looking forward to taming the limited time mount.
  • GrizzlyUKGrizzlyUK
    edited January 7
    Galexialyn wrote: »

I earned one of the marks and I was hoping the GMs would get something worked out for those who did earn SFR marks. It would be great to either give compensation for the unfortunate circumstance or give a chance to tame it. I was truly looking forward to taming the limited time mount.

Some of my characters *won* a Sainted Festive Reindeer Mark from the dice game, would have liked to actually make use of them over the 2018 holiday event, but no, Nexon makes a mistake and, as usual, keeps quiet and does nothing! They can't say they didn't know there was a problem because plenty of others have been asking about the Sainted Festive Reindeers and how to make use of the Sainted Festive Reindeer Mark. But Nexon have said and done nothing!

I really do wonder just how long Nexon thinks they can keep doing this to players, at what point will Nexon finally realize that constantly ignoring players will eventually leave them with no players left to ignore!!!!! :(
  • PhoebeePhoebee
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 1,285
    Member, Administrator
    edited January 8
    Good Day Everyone,

I'm very sorry for being quiet about some issues. GMs are still waiting for the information/statement from the devs.
    With regards to the Sainted Festive Reindeer Mark, we do apologize if the mount is not implemented in the game. We have given statement for this one and the reindeer can be get from new year's event by collecting x15 Event Coupon.

We are aware about the other issues and we are trying to fix it. We apologize for the silence. Holidays comes around, issues will get entertain, this is only the information i can share at least. and we will try to answer more of your questions as long as we can.
  • GrizzlyUKGrizzlyUK
    edited January 8
    Phoebee wrote: »
    Good Day Everyone,

I'm very sorry for being quiet about some issues. GMs are still waiting for the information/statement from the devs.
    With regards to the Sainted Festive Reindeer Mark, we do apologize if the mount is not implemented in the game. We have given statement for this one and the reindeer can be get from new year's event by collecting x15 Event Coupon.

We are aware about the other issues and we are trying to fix it. We apologize for the silence. Holidays comes around, issues will get entertain, this is only the information i can share at least. and we will try to answer more of your questions as long as we can.

Really? Then you are aware that the x15 Event Coupon required to purchase the Sainted Festive Reindeer from a vendor can only be obtained by killing mobs that Nexon have placed in Cloying Wastes. So characters of a level below the required level to enter Cloying Wastes simply cannot complete the quests to receive the Event Coupons. That means Nexon have deliberately prevented players who cannot go to Cloying Wastes from obtaining a Sainted Festive Reindeer from the event vendor!

So Nexon made a mistake by not placing the Sainted Festive Reindeers in-game for players to tame with a Sainted Festive Reindeer Mark. Nexon then try to at least provide players an opportunity to purchase a Sainted Festive Reindeer but for some reason they decide to restrict that *solution* to players of a higher level. Not very good is it? One mistake followed by yet another mistake. But what matters is that it's the players who are the victims of Nexons mistakes!
This discussion has been closed.