[ATTN NEW RIDERS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
Closed

[Suggestion] Controller Support

KisaKisa
Riders of Icarus Rep: 3,140
edited May 2, 2016 in Suggestions and Feedback
Alright so this is a suggestion my friend came up with and hes an avid Vindictus player. he likes the fact you can play BDO, and other games with a controller. so i was curious if anyone else would like the idea to be able to play Icarus with a controller.

Just a suggestion if you like it feel free to leave a comment. Infact i can place a poll :3!

ClutchThyBasherMajickShadowTaranTatsuuchiCreamKrimzonRumbaManTakezo_Kenseidragonwolf08poderaushand 4 others.
  1. Should We allow Controllers to be used in Icarus?104 votes
    1. Yes!!
       78% (81 votes)
    2. No!!
       22% (23 votes)

Comments

• ClutchClutch
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 2,810
    edited April 14, 2016
    If it can be done, I'd also like to be able to play Icarus with a controller.
    ThyBasher
  • SethGureSethGure
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 7,750
    edited April 14, 2016
    it will be nice to be able to use a controller.
  • KisaKisa
    edited April 14, 2016
    As long as people vote i think it'll be a probable thing. So if you have friends playing get them to vote too~ <3
    KingZero_JonasThyBasherMajickShadowRumbaManAcherons
  • KingZero_JonasKingZero_Jonas
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 2,210
    edited April 14, 2016
    @xkirara619x would you use a controller for this game?
    KisaThyBasher
  • KisaKisa
    edited April 14, 2016
    @KingZero_Jonas Personally i don't like to use the controller because i have expensive razer Equipment :P
    ThyBasherCreamRumbaManShocolatte
  • ZanicusZanicus
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 1,330
    edited April 14, 2016
    What would the real difference be? I've never used a controller for a PC game
    edited April 14, 2016
    Zanicus
    Zanicus said:

@Zanicus Probably not but some people rather use a controller then having to use a keyboard but you have much more buttons on a keyboard then anything else

ZanicusKisaClutchThyBasherSqueaks
  • ZanicusZanicus
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 1,330
    edited April 14, 2016
    @KingZero_Jonas I guess I'm too much of a WoW player, I like my hotkeys and hotbars
  • KisaKisa
    edited April 14, 2016
    KingZero_Jonas

Zanicus
    Zanicus said:

@Zanicus Probably not but some people rather use a controller then having to use a keyboard but you have much more buttons on a keyboard then anything else

its true a keyboard can have more but you would be surprised what a controller can do
    ZanicusClutchThyBasherRumbaManShuikuriDeanDean
  • MajickManMajickMan
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 4,070
    edited April 15, 2016
    I voted no.
    MajickShadow
  • ClutchClutch
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 2,810
    edited April 15, 2016
    @MajickMan Why's that?
  • MajickManMajickMan
    edited April 16, 2016
    Depends on what kinda controller you're talking about. XBox controller? No I think that would be a bad idea.
    MajickShadow
    edited April 16, 2016
    @majickman why? it honestly doesn't change how you will play the game and won't affect the people using them (besides having the ability of having more buttons)

WAIT confirmed Majick is the Troll image
    MajickMan
  • MajickManMajickMan
    edited April 16, 2016
    @KingZero_Jonas Well I think the use of custom controllers would be great. PC controllers specifically designed for use with PCs.. and yes I understand that Microsoft has the XBox and everything is basically a computer, and TVs are Bluetooth enabled and compatible for HDMI connection as extensions or separate monitors; but I really think it's better off to have a way to strike many more button combinations without the additional trouble of accidental button pressing because of simple sensitivity issues. Leave console controllers to console games. You can't progress without forward momentum and change.

Also there aren't more buttons on an XBox controller. and there aren't really more combinations. The only limiting factor in configuration at all is that it has to use escape keys (Ctl, Alt, Shift) instead of simultaneous comboing. Also I like the escape keys. Would be nice to have both.
    MajickShadow
    edited April 16, 2016
    MajickMan
    MajickMan said:

Well I think the use of custom controllers would be great. PC controllers specifically designed for use with PCs.. and yes I understand that Microsoft has the XBox and everything is basically a computer, and TVs are Bluetooth enabled and compatible for HDMI connection as extensions or separate monitors; but I really think it's better off to have a way to strike many more button combinations without the additional trouble of accidental button pressing because of simple sensitivity issues. Leave console controllers to console games. You can't progress without forward momentum and change.
    @majickman Again that is great for you but for people who want to use it let them use it the game is not just for you it if for everyone and for everyone to enjoy in their OWN way
    ClutchMajickShadowTakezo_Kensei
  • nugundam2nugundam2
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 410
    edited April 21, 2016
    I too would like the ability to use a controller. I don't mind using keyboard, but controller just feels more comfortable.
    KingZero_Jonas
  • dragonwolf08dragonwolf08
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 1,050
    edited April 24, 2016
    i would love that
  • TaranTatsuuchiTaranTatsuuchi
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 850
    edited April 25, 2016
    MajickMan
    MajickMan said:

@KingZero_Jonas Well I think the use of custom controllers would be great. PC controllers specifically designed for use with PCs.. and yes I understand that Microsoft has the XBox and everything is basically a computer, and TVs are Bluetooth enabled and compatible for HDMI connection as extensions or separate monitors; but I really think it's better off to have a way to strike many more button combinations without the additional trouble of accidental button pressing because of simple sensitivity issues. Leave console controllers to console games. You can't progress without forward momentum and change.

Also there aren't more buttons on an XBox controller. and there aren't really more combinations. The only limiting factor in configuration at all is that it has to use escape keys (Ctl, Alt, Shift) instead of simultaneous comboing. Also I like the escape keys. Would be nice to have both.
    Final Fantasy XIV does a wonderful job of mapping skills to the controller.

With a standard ps3~4 or xbox controller, using the options available, you have easy access to 32 different skills.

Holding R2 or L2 gives you access to 8 skills each, using the face buttons and dpad.

Holding R2 then L2 gives you 8 more.

And holding L2 then R2 gives you access to a different set of 8.

R1 will cycle through the active page, changing which skills are on holding just R2 or L2.

While holding R1 will let you switch to a specific page out of 8 by using the face and dpad.
    RumbaManTakezo_Kensei
  • NXACuddlesNXACuddles
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 36,945
    Administrator
    edited May 2, 2016
    This topic is pinned and renamed.
    I am curious to see how many Riders would like this option. :-)
    RumbaMan
  • CreamCream
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 22,260
    Forum Moderator, Council Member
    edited May 2, 2016

@KingZero_Jonas Personally i don't like to use the controller because i have expensive razer Equipment :P
    100% agreed
    RumbaMan
This discussion has been closed.