[ATTN NEW RIDERS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
Closed

[Suggestion] Controller Support

Comments

• SixpaxSixpax
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 410
    edited July 9, 2016
    I vote yes. WASD just feels clunky to me for controlling my character. I always opt for using a controller if it's available.
    playt99
  • ElyasElyas
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 410
    edited July 12, 2016
    Yes please! and as others pointed that out, FFXIV can be a good start point on how it could work ^^
    DeanDean
  • FractalMindFractalMind
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 620
    edited July 14, 2016
    TaranTatsuuchi

MajickMan
    MajickMan said:

@KingZero_Jonas Well I think the use of custom controllers would be great. PC controllers specifically designed for use with PCs.. and yes I understand that Microsoft has the XBox and everything is basically a computer, and TVs are Bluetooth enabled and compatible for HDMI connection as extensions or separate monitors; but I really think it's better off to have a way to strike many more button combinations without the additional trouble of accidental button pressing because of simple sensitivity issues. Leave console controllers to console games. You can't progress without forward momentum and change.

Also there aren't more buttons on an XBox controller. and there aren't really more combinations. The only limiting factor in configuration at all is that it has to use escape keys (Ctl, Alt, Shift) instead of simultaneous comboing. Also I like the escape keys. Would be nice to have both.
    Final Fantasy XIV does a wonderful job of mapping skills to the controller.

With a standard ps3~4 or xbox controller, using the options available, you have easy access to 32 different skills.

Holding R2 or L2 gives you access to 8 skills each, using the face buttons and dpad.

Holding R2 then L2 gives you 8 more.

And holding L2 then R2 gives you access to a different set of 8.

R1 will cycle through the active page, changing which skills are on holding just R2 or L2.

While holding R1 will let you switch to a specific page out of 8 by using the face and dpad.
    Elite Dangerous has a nice, simple, intuitive implementation of advanced controller features.

It uses the right thumb buttons (A,B,X,Y or square, triangle, cross, circle depending on controller) as modifiers for the d-pad on the left thumb. this gives 4 * 4 = 16 possible combinations with modifiers and another 4 options on the d-pad without modifiers. In addition are the thumb-sticks, pushing down the thumb-sticks, the trigger buttons and the bumper buttons, start and select.

Plenty of options to run a decent build on RoI. :D
    playt99
  • darkkenny84darkkenny84
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 300
    edited July 14, 2016
    So it is implemented or not? Thank you :)
  • SirFacekikSirFacekik
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 770
    edited July 15, 2016
    no not yet,i dont even think its planned,but you can always use there discord chat to ask,im sure theres people of more knowledge that would know
  • MoosenHoundMoosenHound
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 310
    edited July 18, 2016
    Voted yes. Steam Controller support would be nice and developers should take full advantage of steam controller action sets for this game ^^
    DeanDean
  • KaynneAriesKaynneAries
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 400
    edited July 20, 2016
    Kisa
    Kisa said:

@KingZero_Jonas Personally i don't like to use the controller because i have expensive razer Equipment :P
    I hear what your saying, but at the same time, wouldn't it be better to at least have the option you know.
  • DeanDeanDeanDean
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 710
    edited July 21, 2016
    Yes pls, can I have it!!!!
    playt99
  • ShocolatteShocolatte
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 1,350
    edited July 29, 2016
    I haven't tried yet, but is xpadder, or the awful joy2key, + controller not a viable option for this game? o-o
    Granted defaults for controller in the game would be nice, but for those that already have either of those programs would like to know if they fully function with this game + a controller.
    If so, I don't see why Devs would need to make defaults....joy2key is free (last time I checked)
  • jex005jex005
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 200
    edited July 31, 2016
    I say, YES. I have The Steam Controler, maybe the for assasin is Good Choice :) I think.
  • ZiffaZiffa
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 1,375
    edited August 2, 2016
    mmorpg on controller?lol
    Why wasting time in useless idea(if you really can play an MMORPG with 20-30 skills,plus aiming ecc..with controller,well,you are God)instead of fixing real in-game problems?
    Pandarkvador
  • MadMad
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 1,110
    edited August 2, 2016
    Kisa
    Kisa said:

Alright so this is a suggestion my friend came up with and hes an avid Vindictus player. he likes the fact you can play BDO, and other games with a controller. so i was curious if anyone else would like the idea to be able to play Icarus with a controller.

Just a suggestion if you like it feel free to leave a comment. Infact i can place a poll :3!

Dear God... Why would you want to add more broken controls to a game where the current ones don't function properly yet?

Pandarkvador
  • MadMad
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 1,110
    edited August 2, 2016
    Zanicus
    Zanicus said:

What would the real difference be? I've never used a controller for a PC game
    @Zanicus the real difference would be the current buggy controls would be even more buggy then they already are!!!!!
  • BossPowerBossPower
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 740
    edited August 10, 2016
    You could use Xpadder to play with Joypad.
    But i vote yes. if Staff make some kind of config to play with a J-Pad i will enjoy.
  • ExerathExerath
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 990
    edited August 14, 2016
    It is already possible using xpadder :) It is even a free soft
  • SasaanSasaan
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 4,055
    edited August 21, 2016
    I can't use Xpadder (last time I checked I couldn't), so please implement this.
  • playt99playt99
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 650
    edited August 27, 2016
    YES
  • BackyBacky
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 1,160
    edited October 21, 2016
    With controller will be very nice and more easy play :D I agree with!
    playt99
  • QuarterBreedQuarterBreed
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 845
    edited November 2, 2016
    use big picture mode on steam problem solved.
  • JohnnyBravoeJohnnyBravoe
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 510
    edited June 18, 2018
    I think controller option would be great! I use xbox one controller but am not satisfied.
This discussion has been closed.