[ATTN NEW RIDERS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
Closed

Berserker Sucks

Gurbirboy4456Gurbirboy4456
Riders of Icarus Rep: 1,395
edited July 3, 2016 in Berserker
So yeah for pve they suck, early lvl they seem like fun but when you get to lvl 19-25 you realize just how screwed you are. There kit involves knockdowns and cc, so the point is to keep your opponent on the ground and rekt them with dps. And this works fine till you start to meet bosses and opponent that cant be knocked down or take a long time to do so. Then things get bad see the problem is if they are not down then they will keep on hitting you and trust me they can kill you faster than you can kill them unless you have full hp pots. So lesson of the day pick a different class it be easier to play middle/end game or if you wanna carry full hp pots all the time then good luck.
NPfromMERoadrunnerKZSKSerphina
  1. Do you agree?78 votes
    1. Yes
       36% (28 votes)
    2. No
       45% (35 votes)
    3. Never played berserker
       19% (15 votes)

Comments

• LodozLodoz
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 345
    edited July 3, 2016
    Not a fair assesment.

You could just as easily say the same for assassin.
    They are unable to knock elites/bosses in the air for their aerial combos which is a big chunk of their damage.
    They can damage outside aerial combos, give. But so can zerkers.

Its just melee in general.
    SethGurezoot492SyrinneValanazesTazzie
  • Gurbirboy4456Gurbirboy4456
    edited July 3, 2016
    Ass have more mobility and can doge boss attacks mobility which the zerker lacks
    Demogarose
    edited July 3, 2016
    Not to mention the main problem is not that it decrees dps but that it incenses the dmg they take. All the other classes have ways to minimize there dmg, wizards and priest fight from distance not to mention have cc. Ass can doge with there high mobility and guardians can block. All of this allows them to minimize dmg taken. But the problem is that for a berserker the main way to minimize there dmg is to knockdown so the fact they have to fight bosses who cant be knockdown remove that factor causing them to take way more dmg that they cant afford to take.
  • BobTheBlobBobTheBlob
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 5,165
    Forum Moderator
    edited July 3, 2016
    Wait are you saying a class with Raw DPS weakness is trying to charge his abilities to max puts him at risk?
    Sadly its the negative side of a zerker, and yes i have played and max multiple zerkers, sometimes it sucks trying to get charges off when bosses do big abilities but it's the risk you get. Also the whole Sin biggest air combo you can't even use on the bosses because you cannot knock them down easily. there biggest ability on them is moonlight edge
    zoot492Tazzie
    edited July 3, 2016
    No im not saying charging is a weakness ofc you have to charge to get max dps and not that hard to do but the problem is when even you charged attacks cant knockdown the opponent your just stuck there charging abilities while the unleash there full dmg on your ass and around lvl 20 there gonna kill you before you can kill them
  • LodozLodoz
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 345
    edited July 3, 2016
    Gurbirboy4456

Not to mention the main problem is not that it decrees dps but that it incenses the dmg they take. All the other classes have ways to minimize there dmg, wizards and priest fight from distance not to mention have cc. Ass can doge with there high mobility and guardians can block. All of this allows them to minimize dmg taken. But the problem is that for a berserker the main way to minimize there dmg is to knockdown so the fact they have to fight bosses who cant be knockdown remove that factor causing them to take way more dmg that they cant afford to take.
    I would agree with you except that dodge in this game sucks.
    They have mobility, but half the time it doesnt do anything for you cause this game has really bad i-frames. That and assassin are way squisher than zerkrs and dont have that much more evasion. Zerkers can counter that by larger health pools and defenses.

The only thing I think assassin has above zerker is disengage.
    Not sure, I have played zerker and it seems easier than assassin, especially at higher levels.

Your other option is mounted combat. Get a good familiar leveled up, and at later levels it does make a big difference.

I dont want to say L2P, cause I agree with you. Fighting mechanics in this game are the worse I have seen in any MMO. Especially since you are forced to play with a half completed Tab Target system since action combat doesnt work.

edited July 3, 2016
    Lodoz
    Lodoz said:

Gurbirboy4456

I would agree with you except that dodge in this game sucks.
    They have mobility, but half the time it doesnt do anything for you cause this game has really bad i-frames. That and assassin are way squisher than zerkrs and dont have that much more evasion. Zerkers can counter that by larger health pools and defenses.

The only thing I think assassin has above zerker is disengage.
    Not sure, I have played zerker and it seems easier than assassin, especially at higher levels.

Your other option is mounted combat. Get a good familiar leveled up, and at later levels it does make a big difference.

I dont want to say L2P, cause I agree with you. Fighting mechanics in this game are the worse I have seen in any MMO. Especially since you are forced to play with a half completed Tab Target system since action combat doesnt work.

The thing is though the ass problems are gonna be fixed with just regular graphic updates(were still in beta) for the berserker though they would need to buff a lot of things to help it and i doubt there gonna do that anytime soon. Though i will agree with you mounted combat seems easier to do. And zerk might have a bigger hp pool but it dose not help late game since those bosses hit hard
  • zoot492zoot492
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 1,095
    edited July 3, 2016
    lol, guys the cap is 25 right now. You have experienced less than HALF the game. End game berserkers will kill everything before they die. If you watch the tower videos they do fine.
    edited July 3, 2016
    zoot492
    zoot492 said:

lol, guys the cap is 25 right now. You have experienced less than HALF the game. End game berserkers will kill everything before they die. If you watch the tower videos they do fine.
    True but even combat for other classes is bad and it seems like its getting worse as you lvl
  • bumbertyrbumbertyr
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 1,185
    edited July 3, 2016
    i would like to point out that they are the lowest skill based class as shown in the character creation, normally easier classes do less damage to make up for being easy. However i will agree in this case the class is just getting boned since they revolve around cc and a lot of enemies can just flat out ignore it.
  • TyuriTyuri
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 2,780
    edited July 7, 2016
    bumbertyr
    bumbertyr said:

i would like to point out that they are the lowest skill based class as shown in the character creation, normally easier classes do less damage to make up for being easy. However i will agree in this case the class is just getting boned since they revolve around cc and a lot of enemies can just flat out ignore it.
    Just to end that debate before it begins the "difficulty" in the character creation is just how early you get your power spike. Berzerker get their powerfull skills almost at the start of the game.
    I played all the classes and they are almost all even in term of complexity except maybe the priest in pure heal mode which is really easier than all others.
    Edit : By the way when I said "I played" I mean up to level 25 in Heroic 5 Matren
  • SolMorningstarSolMorningstar
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 615
    edited July 10, 2016
    The only problem I have with my Zerker is the fact that I have ZERO mobility, hell even the tank can use chains on themselves to move faster lol, just a simple side-flip dodge, similar to the slayer from Tera would resolve any problems I have with this class. :/
    Tazzie
  • ArchExorcistArchExorcist
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 2,275
    edited July 10, 2016
    The biggest thing turning me off playing my zerker more is the mobility. For !@!@# sake give it some kind of dodge.
  • VicdenVicden
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 1,190
    edited July 10, 2016
    Yes there is no dodge for berzerker. My only complaint about berzerker class.
  • OsgorosOsgoros
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 1,000
    edited July 10, 2016
    Taking damage increase the dps of the berserk... Why the hell did you want to dodge ?
    i'm only talking about pve here, cause i don't do pvp and i think the stats and the build are very differents...
    I think, this is a mistake to think the berserk like a glass canon class, like assasin or wizard. In my opinion you need to be able to take hit in your face... and "bleed"... like an actual berserker... To make a lot of damage...
    CuddlemachineTekNio
  • TyuriTyuri
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 2,780
    edited July 11, 2016
    Well actually if you want to do damage as a zerk you can't really build CONS since even with a full glass canon build at 30% HP you will still do less damage than a good WIZ or assassin and yeah the class lacks in damage mitigation.
    The most use a group can pull from a zerk is as a stab breaker, because hell yes he is the best at this game =)
    Btw if you build as a stab breaker and go full DEX you can get some CONS along the way since you are not here mainly to do damage.
    Also this build works much better for solo play because you can stun bosses.
  • aawallaceaawallace
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 200
    edited July 28, 2016
    i fell that the berserk is on failing half the berserk are supposed to receive at least moderate damage as well as dish it out berserk should thrive in boss fight not fear them i feel they should up there damage resisting or armor stats increase i feel that i take more damage than other classes including wizards who sou;d be the frailest next to priests and wile some say because berserk are the easiest class to play it should be weaker but skill just means how skilled you need to be effective not that its easier to fight monsters or that the class itself is more power full they should at lest be able to get healing or defensive or evasive move but at 27 all you are give is a petty block
  • FatimahFatimah
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 400
    edited July 30, 2016
    I don't want to sound rude but... it might be more prudent to add an "I" and " at" in your thread title and move the words around a bit until it makes sense.

J-just saying. I'm so sorry...

My years in Tera Online has taught me one golden rule: Just because you're inexperienced at a class does not mean that the class itself is bad.
  • AlothAloth
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 790
    edited July 30, 2016
    I haven't played the class but a high HP (7-8k+) Berserker with decent DPS is very nice to have for the Frost Keep Heroic 3+. Gaining health while spinning in the middle of Phantom, Frost, and Mist takes some heat off the tank and allows the Wizard to drop his nukes on top of the wolfies and take care of them pretty quickly. I have to do a lot more kiting when we don't have a good Zerk in the group. Solo questing is probably a pain though.
    Tazzie
  • ScrubGrizzScrubGrizz
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 200
    edited August 4, 2016
    Since were in 35 range now, the key to berzerk that you have to learn is crit is your best friend. I have wizards constantly pulling agro...well guess what im in the same boat and pull aggro all the time. to tell the truth, if you cant learn to target a party member fast, then berzerk is bad. your get out of aoe and all is all about targeting your healers in group and charging to them. not only does it get you out but it buffs their cast time TREMENDOUSLY.

Zerks are squishy but str con and crit are your 3 amigos. you dont want to dodge, and honestly, you dont need health. You will realize later in game sins are SUPER squishy. but they have HUGE damage. and in all honesty when im on my zerk me and the sin die a few times. but we get rezzs guys. priest rez happens anytime. so its not that bad. just play to end game and focus on the 3 amigos and trust me youll be fine. also, look for Cast time reduction and it will help. we are immobile but we crit...and crit HARD.
This discussion has been closed.