[ATTN NEW RIDERS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
Closed

[JULY 5] Patch Notes for OBT

NXACuddlesNXACuddles
Riders of Icarus Rep: 36,920
Administrator
edited July 6, 2016 in Patch Notes

MODIFICATIONS

QUEST
“Destroy Braghin Ballista”
- Bomb Icon will now be displayed on the quest list after accepted the quest

“Familiar Ablaze”
- Decreased the difficulty of the solo instance
- Ceiling damage was reduced
- Lava Golem casting speed was increased
- Lava Golem cooldown time was increased

CHAT
Region Chat: Region chat has been removed from the following areas:
- Brakarr Forest
- Hakain’s Crossing

Blocked Players: Players who block other players will no longer see their messages displayed (Including Megaphone)
- Press [O] and click on ‘Blocked’ to see personal blocked list

SETTINGS
Game Options: The following nameplates and values will be set to default settings
- Your Name
- NPC Names
- Status Bar > Show Values > Numbers

BUG FIXES

UI
- Auction House Pages - All pages are clickable now (Previous issue made it so users were not able to click on pages past 10).
- Familiar Inventory - All familiar slots are selectable while inventory is minimized.
- Summoning Pets- Empty slots no longer appear when summoning pets
- Item Recommendation- Recommendations will display for all weapon and armor types, not just for your current class.

COMBAT
Charge Skills #1 - Error message ‘Invalid target’ has been removed when using charged skills.
Charge Skills #2 - Charge skills no longer gets stuck during the following actions:
- Pressing [Enter] while charging a skill
- Jumping while charging a skill
- Status Effect while charging (Stunned/Knock Back/Tripped/Etc.)

QUEST
“Phoenix in Need” #1 - Fixed issue where players could not mount Pyro if their own familiar was present. Players will be dismounted from their own familiar and mounted onto Pyro.
“Phoenix in Need” #2- Fixed issue with flashing/blinking branches.

COLOR SCHEME
- Action and Standard modes will now be saved upon log out. If a player logs out while action mode is active, they will be in action mode upon login.

NPC
- Lena (Northern Ruins) - Fixed positioning so that she wasn’t displayed underground

TEXT
- Achievement (“Hunt 5000 Monsters”) - Text changed to reflect the correct value to “Hunt 500 Monsters”
- Chacha the Shoulder Cat - 30 Day Expiration has been removed (Even though the item was permanent, the text stated that it would be removed in 30 days)
- Full Inventory - Debug text will no longer appear when inventory is full
- Fixed Issue with “Blue Flower Tea” and “Blue Flower Essence” having identical text
- Crossbow and Lance will display “All Classes” under usable classes
- Fixed error message for looting items of a different class
TragidysarcasmFatherofMovementWhichWayRaigoRice20SethGureSuchAngerMakoshironOctoberStormGrumpyBeardand 7 others.

Comments

• TragidyTragidy
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 650
    edited July 5, 2016
    Thanks for the fixes!
  • sarcasmsarcasm
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 1,575
    edited July 5, 2016

MODIFICATIONS

CHAT
    - Brakarr Forest
    - Hakain’s Crossing
    wait, so, there's no region chat in those areas anymore? i don't like that. what if you have questions about game mechanics or a quest? or if you're looking for a party? that just seems strange. do you mean there's no shout chat in those areas anymore? removing region chat just seems strange.
    IridescesaraFatherofMovementPerpetuallyMakoshironOctoberStormRhyav
  • SkraggsSkraggs
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 565
    edited July 5, 2016
    sarcasm
    sarcasm said:

MODIFICATIONS

CHAT
    - Brakarr Forest
    - Hakain’s Crossing
    wait, so, there's no region chat in those areas anymore? i don't like that. what if you have questions about game mechanics or a quest? or if you're looking for a party? that just seems strange. do you mean there's no shout chat in those areas anymore? removing region chat just seems strange.
    I agree. I would think a better solution would have been a spam timer. If you send a message X amount of times within X amount of time, you receive an X amount of no sending chat.

But, of course with the "block" feature being implemented, what is the point of no Region chat?

Also, is there going to be a max # of players you can block or add to ignore list?
    FatherofMovementSethGureOctoberStormRhyav
  • HomebrewedHomebrewed
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 450
    edited July 5, 2016
    So I have a question. Did you guys fix the FPS drop issue so many people are having while looting or interacting? I read in the Open Beta Launch notes "Improvements have been made to CPU and framerate." But it doesn't show that in your patch notes you just posted. So is this a fix for the FPS issue or am I missing something? Thanks.
    OctoberStormGreyfall
  • mandrosmandros
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 1,560
    edited July 5, 2016
    sarcasm
    sarcasm said:

MODIFICATIONS

CHAT
    - Brakarr Forest
    - Hakain’s Crossing
    This change is not good at all and a poor way to try to stop gold seller spam. Adding a minimum level to megaphone use will be more helpful.

PerpetuallyOctoberStormsarcasm
  • RaigoRice20RaigoRice20
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 300
    edited July 5, 2016
    So glad that chacha the shoulder cat turned out to be permanent : )
  • sarcasmsarcasm
    edited July 5, 2016
    mandros
    mandros said:

sarcasm
    sarcasm said:

MODIFICATIONS

CHAT
    - Brakarr Forest
    - Hakain’s Crossing
    This change is not good at all and a poor way to try to stop gold seller spam. Adding a minimum level to megaphone use will be more helpful.

yeah, i'm not sure. i think it was a mistake.
  • SethGureSethGure
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 7,750
    edited July 5, 2016
    Thx for the patch notes @Cuddlewings Love :)
  • Mythril_LegendMythril_Legend
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 1,200
    edited July 5, 2016
    sarcasm
    sarcasm said:

MODIFICATIONS

CHAT
    - Brakarr Forest
    - Hakain’s Crossing
    YOu have general chat you can use.

• sarcasmsarcasm
    edited July 5, 2016
    Mythril_Legend

sarcasm
    sarcasm said:

MODIFICATIONS

CHAT
    - Brakarr Forest
    - Hakain’s Crossing

that's fine if the person is standing right next to me, but, region chat reaches a wider audience. plus, what about the aforementioned questions someone might have? it's just stupid to remove region chat. there's no need for this if blocking works correctly.
    MakoshironOctoberStorm
  • MakoshironMakoshiron
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 1,235
    edited July 5, 2016
    sarcasm
    sarcasm said:

Mythril_Legend

sarcasm
    sarcasm said:

MODIFICATIONS

CHAT
    - Brakarr Forest
    - Hakain’s Crossing

that's fine if the person is standing right next to me, but, region chat reaches a wider audience. plus, what about the aforementioned questions someone might have? it's just stupid to remove region chat. there's no need for this if blocking works correctly.
    /golfclap

OBVIOUSLY region chat would be the best place for new people starting out to seek advice from others the same as most founders did. By removing the region chat you're limiting yourself to those within a few feet of you to seek advice from. What if you're stuck on a quest and you can't complete it and no one is around you to ask? Guess that means you're SOL. Sarcasm has the right idea here.
  • Comp4nyComp4ny
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 750
    edited July 5, 2016
    Thats all of Bug-fixes? ..O_o .... really?!?!
  • ArccaiArccai
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 985
    edited July 6, 2016
    Yaay!
    Wonderful news!

The Interacting FPS spike is gone, cat shoulder is perm, and block feature is working as intended, and the hunting monster achievement has its correct number, and all of auction's pages works!

Everything (except 2 things) i saw a problem with is now solved, very good work!

Those other 2 things.

- The font size are exactly the same between small and normal.
    - The mouse cursor shows when holding mouse2 to rotate the camera.
  • PizzaPizza
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 1,220
    edited July 6, 2016
    But the Benthic!

The skins still don't work at all, and the poor thing looks like a useless blob of white. I was looking forward to that one in particular to be fixed right up.
  • VicdenVicden
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 1,190
    edited July 6, 2016
    Thanks for the patch good fixes.
  • KandyKandy
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 1,680
    edited July 6, 2016
    Ahh the Auction has been finally fixed. Been waiting this from the Head Start since i love auctions
  • SiinsSiins
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 1,695
    edited July 6, 2016
    Any chance of getting class changes you made from CBT to Live? Really interest to see everything that was done instead of guessing... there are clear changed like mage barrage's getting aoe effect added but im sure there is alot of unclear changes that was done.
  • KaiarraKaiarra
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 3,470
    edited July 6, 2016
    I really dislike region chat being removed in certain zones - would have been far better to get a gm watching shout/region chat and insta global muting anyone who starts gold spamming.

Yes I know they claim to have GMs already doing this but it's hard to believe when they're left to spam any more than a couple of times.

Block working is nice but new ones just pop up constantly, so it's basically pointless; needs to be fixed at nexon's end, not by the players blocking people every 15 min. We also need a right click name in chat to party/invite/block menu already, I can't understand how a game releases without that.
  • Mythril_LegendMythril_Legend
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 1,200
    edited July 6, 2016
    Kaiarra
    Kaiarra said:

I really dislike region chat being removed in certain zones - would have been far better to get a gm watching shout/region chat and insta global muting anyone who starts gold spamming.

Yes I know they claim to have GMs already doing this but it's hard to believe when they're left to spam any more than a couple of times.

Block working is nice but new ones just pop up constantly, so it's basically pointless; needs to be fixed at nexon's end, not by the players blocking people every 15 min. We also need a right click name in chat to party/invite/block menu already, I can't understand how a game releases without that.
    New ones pop up constantly because, unknowing people are falling for it and end up getting their accounts hacked.
  • VarricVarric
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 400
    edited July 8, 2016
    Would it be possible to add a verification code (something alpha-numeric) before some one is allowed to use region chat or the megaphone as an alternative
This discussion has been closed.