[ATTN NEW RIDERS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Wizard Guide

TeGeekTeGeek
Riders of Icarus Rep: 700
edited July 14, 2016 in Wizard
In This game as a mage you are a glass cannon and thus the tank has a strong purpose in raid and dungeons and that is keeping mobs from you. ive done tons of runs on hardest difficulty and if i get hit im insta killed unless i got mana barrier on me and if i have that on i run out of all mana. Its only recently that i stopped getting 1 hit by beast tamers spears or shamans ice ball.

Stat wise you should focus on getting as much dmg as possible. Thus im focusing on
Int>Magic crit rate>magic dmg/magic crit dmg
This is because int gives more than raw magic dmg. 1 int = 1.5 magic att, and making a crit simply makes the dmg higher. and the third is either making normal attacks higher or making crit higher.
Current bis stats on a gear would be either int/magic crit dmg/magic crit rate or double int and magic crit.

When it comes to playing Wizard skill wise you have a buff you get depending on which type of element you use.
Fire spells gives a buff that increase magic dmg with 4% for each stack, goes up to 5stack(20%)
Ice spells gives a buff that increase Magic Crit Rate which is 4% and goes up to 5stack(20%)

This can make you use diffrent rotations such as Fire or Ice rotation. making you not use the opposite element so you dont lose the buff.
I myself think the Fire rotation is better since it gives you 20% more magic dmg. but it will leave you spamming fire bolt as a filler alot since you have long cd on the heavy hitting spell. This also apply on ice rotation but you will use ice bolt as filler.

As it is now that lv 25 is our max lv we can only have 2 talent point and we can only use 1 talent from each element and thus you should use the one from fire and the one from ice since they will be of most use to you.

They will give you
15%attack power on Flameburst and Flame barrage
10% attack power on Ice Fang and Freezing Mist
uryellCreamSparkleIzminaSaulOrnelasServyanAloryCalvinizeAhlexanderVaxyand 3 others.
  1. What did you think of this guide?48 votes
    1. Great
       31% (15 votes)
    2. Good
       31% (15 votes)
    3. Decent
       29% (14 votes)
    4. Bad
       4% (2 votes)
    5. Terrible
       4% (2 votes)

Comments

• TeGeekTeGeek
    edited July 7, 2016
    Spells ( that are mostly used)
    (Charge up)
    Ember/Frost Bomb = heavy hitting single target with aoe
    Fire/Ice Barrage =heavy hitting single target
    (cast time only)
    Fireburst / Ice Fang = Filler
    Infernal/Glacial meteor = Heavy hitting ground aoe
    Fire/Hail Storm =Light hitting ground aoe
    (for cc)
    Thunderstorm = Ground aoe stun

Other spells(not used that often)
    Freezing Mist = Player aoe with knock back. Not used since you are at ranged and shouldnt have mobs in melee range
    Cinder Fog = Player aoe with knock back. Not used since you are at ranged and shouldnt have mobs in melee range
    Gripping Curse= 100% slow. could work on special occasions. but if you need a slow its most likly a boss and the slow wont help :/
    Dark Affliction= fear. this is same as curse as chance for it to work is low on bosses since they are resistant.

Rotation 1
    Inferal Meteor>Fire Storm>FireBurst x3 (buff stack now 5)> Ember Bomb>Fire Barrage> Filler untill you can repeat each ability with cd as they come up
    Rotation 2
    FireBurst x5 >Inferal Meteor>Fire Storm>Ember Bomb>Fire Barrage> Filler untill you can repeat each ability with cd as they come up

These rotations work with ice spells to just use the similar version of the other element. The diffrense in rotation is that in Rotation 2 you start by stacking up the buff so you get full effect of it.

If you are soloing keeping the buff aint that important and using all spells instead could be more usefull.
    With that you could use these rotation exampels instead.
    Rotation 1 (used while levling)
    Ember Bomb>Frost Bomb>Fire Barrage>Ice Barrage>FireBurst.

^^this rotation worked fine for me while levling since each Ember/Frost Bomb knocked back the enemy and the Fire/Ice Barrage does pretty high dmg to and most of the time the mob will be dead from this.

Rotation 2 (used while soloing dungeon)
    (Optional ThunderStorm >)Infernal Meteor>Glacial Metoer> (Optional Fire storm> Hail Storm) > Fire bomb>Frost bomb>Fire Barrage>Ice Barrage>FireBurst.

This rotation i use while soloing lavalight dungeon. the optional part depends on how the fight is. Thunderstorm is used mostly for mob packs that you stack up so that they get stunned and allows you use cast the following spells without getting damaged. Fire/Hail Storm is used either for extra dmg or for Aoe mob packs i rarly use these spells as they are less effective than fire/ice meteor and its more worth spending time on continuing the rotation with Fire/Ice (aoe).
    uryellSaulOrnelas
  • TeGeekTeGeek
    edited July 7, 2016
    Beast/familliars/Pets play a big part in this game they are used as companions, gear improving and for special combats. As such you would wanna get the most of this as possible and such you need special beast for each roles.

Sealed Pets

Sealed pets are for improving your gear, and in the current situation the only type of beast that wizard benefit from is Elite once.
    When it comes to sealing pets you should tame the one you need and then use it untill it hits lv 20 as the price for sealing it above that is way to expensive compared to what you get from it.
    The best pet for this situation is The Blue Bloodwrym.
    At lv 20 Blue Bloodwrym can give
    Magic attack 48-52
    Magic crit rate 1.63%

This is the current best option for Wizard but is pretty expensive as each pet need a Elite Seal Stone which is currently around 15g each.

Companion Pet

When it comes to pet there are more options but you are still out for the same effect that they all give which is increase in magic dmg.
    The diffrent kind you can use is
    Taslan The Devourer =Elite
    Frost Spider = Elite
    Blue Bloodwrym = Elite
    Undead Spider = Common

Each of these will give 17% magic damage and they will all gives other passive depending on which you choose.

The one i use i Taslan since i also get 10% cd reduction which is pretty usefull

Mounted Combat.

When it comes to mounted combat i mainly focused on getting the same buff as companion pet. but i have barly done any mounted combat so dont take my word on what is best in this area.

For ground combat i use

Frost spider = magic dmg increase, mana increase, epic look

For Air combat i use several mount and they are not atm focused on getting stats and buff but more looks and energy meter.
    Yvoke
    Vulkanus
    Blue Bloodwrym
    Screamer
    uryell
  • TeGeekTeGeek
    edited July 11, 2016
    ---SOLO RUN SECTION---
    This part is my solo runs and this is ment to help people that doesnt already know how to solo run diffrent dungeons. These are helpfull for when you wanna farm gold since its atm is really effective and you can get stuff with really good stats that can be sold on market for even more.

This video is for Lavalight Cave on hardest difficulty on Elite and Heroic

https://youtu.be/w3T6z-TpSgU

This video is for Carleon Manor with 25% speed up for uploading reasons. 2nd hardest mode on Elite and Heroic could have done hardest most likly with my gear cause the mobs melt really fast which suprised me.
    https://youtu.be/OOdJr4ax17Y
  • ReckittReckitt
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 750
    edited July 7, 2016
    Don't forget that stacking Flameburst x3 grants the burning embers debuff, which lets you cast Icefang approx 4-6+ times with no cast time. It's a superb combo, and highly useful for kiting mobs if necessary.
    ApolloGraysonHammerPenenelopeCruz
  • TeGeekTeGeek
    edited July 7, 2016
    Reckitt
    Reckitt said:

Don't forget that stacking Flameburst x3 grants the burning embers debuff, which lets you cast Icefang approx 4-6+ times with no cast time. It's a superb combo, and highly useful for kiting mobs if necessary.
    Good information to people that didnt know. this is abit more advanced that what i wrote and this is because my guide is aimed for for beginners. since there is alot more to consider for high end advanced play. But nice
  • AzlietAzliet
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 2,290
    edited July 7, 2016
    It would be interesting to see at which point does Wisdom become more worth it than Intelligence (if it ever does).

I'm not sure how the damage for Wisdom is calculated since it adds both Crit rate and Crit damage but I feel like there most be a point where adding Int doesn't give you as much return as adding Wisdom would. This could be an important thing to know for Min/Maxer
  • TeGeekTeGeek
    edited July 7, 2016
    Azliet
    Azliet said:

It would be interesting to see at which point does Wisdom become more worth it than Intelligence (if it ever does).

I'm not sure how the damage for Wisdom is calculated since it adds both Crit rate and Crit damage but I feel like there most be a point where adding Int doesn't give you as much return as adding Wisdom would. This could be an important thing to know for Min/Maxer
    1 wisdom = 0.05% magic crit rate, 37mana and 1.5 magic crit dmg

atm you dont get alot of wisdom as stats and this makes the numbers atm pretty low. Im pretty sure tho that at higher lv this is going to be alot more usefull and will probably jump above magic dmg/magic crit dmg tho this is something we either have to dig up from asian version or just wait and see.
  • AzlietAzliet
    edited July 7, 2016
    yeah I knew the number but without knowing the full damage formula it's hard to know how 1 point of Wisdom can affect the end damage.
  • uryelluryell
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 650
    edited July 7, 2016
    As it is now that lv 25 is our max lv we can only have 2 talent point and we can only use 1 talent from each element and thus you should use the one from fire and the one from ice since they will be of most use to you.
    We can maximize 2 talent tree ?
  • AzlietAzliet
    edited July 7, 2016
    @uryell, no you can't maximize 2 talent tree but since you are locked into only the first 3 talent option and have only 2 slots for now, you take one talent from fire and ice for now.

Once all the talents are unlocked (55 I think) you'll have 8 slots so you can max 1 and then have a few talent from another tree.
    uryell
  • uryelluryell
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 650
    edited July 7, 2016
    ok, thanks :)
  • TeGeekTeGeek
    edited July 8, 2016
    Guide Has been updated with Video on how to solo lavalight as wizard
  • flamefeniksflamefeniks
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 1,015
    edited July 8, 2016
    You might want to start using Dark Affliction. In combination with gripping curse while soloing a dungeon ( Lavalight both elite and heroic V here and carleon manor elite V, heroic III). Since Dark Affliction actually gives you 1% mana AND HP per second for 5 seconds after hitting the target, doesn't matter if the fear goes off or not. And casting Gripping Curse after Dark Affliction will make the target if the slow effect goes off, rooted for a little while, and always after having cast Dark Affliction on a target it will make their casting/attacking time +50% (so they're slower in casting/attacking)

Also if you want to quickly kill single enemies I also suggest stacking flameburst 3 times or using a fully charged flame bomb then spamming that ice fang button. :)
    Keeping a target in Fire Storm and spamming Ice Fang also works, oh and if you freeze your target with ice bomb you can also spamm ice fang, though not as long as when they're inflicted with Burning Embers from 3x flameburst or a fully charged flame bomb(would also work with a less charged flame bomb however, sometimes it doesn't inflict Burning Embers then).
    They go down pretty fast with this
  • TeGeekTeGeek
    edited July 8, 2016
    --UPDATE--

Added a poll at the start would be appriciated if people used it. so i would know what you think of this guide. Also if you have any questions about Wizard or you have anything to say or add to this guide plz make a comment.
  • AloryAlory
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 430
    edited July 10, 2016
    TeGeek
    TeGeek said:

Rotation 1
    Inferal Meteor>Fire Storm>FireBurst x3 (buff stack now 5)> Ember Bomb>Fire Barrage> Filler untill you can repeat each ability with cd as they come up
    Rotation 2
    FireBurst x5 >Inferal Meteor>Fire Storm>Ember Bomb>Fire Barrage> Filler untill you can repeat each ability with cd as they come up
    I would use Fire Storm Before Infernal Meteor (if I'm sure the target won't move) since the link from Fire Storm reduces the cast time for Infernal Meteor. I also don't think it's worth sticking to only one element at this point when we have limited fire/ice spells. With the correct rotation you can make sure that you benefit from both the Still Waters and the Inner Flame Buff.

I'm using this rotation for max dps on targets that are immune to freeze:

(1. I start the fight (pre pull) on my Magma Hound (if mounts are allowed) and use the spell Hound's Roar, which increases magic attack by 20% for 20 sec, after I used it I summon my pet and start the rotation below. Hound's Roar have a 40 sec cooldown so it's usually only needed once per fight. If the fight would be ~80 sec i would probably get on it again before I use Ember Bomb the 3rd time.)

(If I'm feeling really try hard I also get on my Blue Bloodwyrm and use the buff Draconic Knowledge, increasing magic crit by 20)

1. Light Blast / Only used to give yourself the Surging Light (5% cast speed for 120sec) and Overloaded buff (5% cast speed for 10sec) Light Blast also buffs your closest (withing 25m) allies cast speed with 20%. If in a 10m raid you should make sure that you have 1 wiz in two different 5 man groups to make use of the buff. I usually only use this to keep the 120sec buff active.
    2. Ember Bomb -> Flame Barrage / This inflicts Burning Embers on your target.
    3. Ice Fang x5 / Since the target has Burning Embers Ice Fang will be instant and deal 300% increased damage. Use Ice Fang 5 times to stack up your Still Waters buff, increasing your crit by 4% per stack.
    4. Frost Bomb -> Ice Barrage
    5. Hail Storm -> Glacial Meteor -> Freezing Mist (only use freezing mist here if there's +2 targets and they won't die when u are done with the rotation)
    6. Fire Storm -> Infernal Meteor / This debuffs your enemy with Burning Embers, making your Flame Burst hit for 200% increased damage. You could skip Infernal Meteor here if you want. I like to use it here for the reduced cast time chain from Fire Storm.
    7. x3 Flame Burst / To get to 5 stacks of Inner Flame. If you skipped Infernal Meteor in the previous step, only use x2 Flame Bursts and follow it up with Infernal Meteor.
    8. Ember Bomb -> Flame Barrage / Should be off cooldown now and you can repeat the rotation. If it's not off cooldown keep spamming Flame Burst until it is.

If the targes can be frozen Step 4 should be switched with step 5 and Step 7 should be switched with step 6. Just to make use of the 300% increased damage Flame Burst gets to hit frozen enemies. But then again, if the target can be frozen they are probably already dead.

I actually love how the dps rotation in this game is so advanced already at level 25. I see great potential in this!
    TrtaTeGeekGraysonHammer
  • RazzputinRazzputin
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 2,230
    edited July 10, 2016
    as far as stacking stacks on the gear, how would you rate cooldown and cast time
  • AloryAlory
    edited July 10, 2016
    Razzputin
    Razzputin said:

as far as stacking stacks on the gear, how would you rate cooldown and cast time
    I would rate stats in the following prio:

Int > Magic Attack > Cooldown > Cast Time > Willpower > Magic Crit > Magic Crit Damage > Mana > Movement Speed > Magic Defense > Phys Defense > Hp

• TeGeekTeGeek
    edited July 11, 2016
    --UPDATE--
    Added Carleon Manor to solo run section and changed the info on that section
  • TeGeekTeGeek
    edited July 11, 2016
    Alory
    Alory said:

I would use Fire Storm Before Infernal Meteor (if I'm sure the target won't move) since the link from Fire Storm reduces the cast time for Infernal Meteor. I also don't think it's worth sticking to only one element at this point when we have limited fire/ice spells. With the correct rotation you can make sure that you benefit from both the Still Waters and the Inner Flame Buff.

I'm using this rotation for max dps on targets that are immune to freeze:

(1. I start the fight (pre pull) on my Magma Hound (if mounts are allowed) and use the spell Hound's Roar, which increases magic attack by 20% for 20 sec, after I used it I summon my pet and start the rotation below. Hound's Roar have a 40 sec cooldown so it's usually only needed once per fight. If the fight would be ~80 sec i would probably get on it again before I use Ember Bomb the 3rd time.)

(If I'm feeling really try hard I also get on my Blue Bloodwyrm and use the buff Draconic Knowledge, increasing magic crit by 20)

1. Light Blast / Only used to give yourself the Surging Light (5% cast speed for 120sec) and Overloaded buff (5% cast speed for 10sec) Light Blast also buffs your closest (withing 25m) allies cast speed with 20%. If in a 10m raid you should make sure that you have 1 wiz in two different 5 man groups to make use of the buff. I usually only use this to keep the 120sec buff active.
    2. Ember Bomb -> Flame Barrage / This inflicts Burning Embers on your target.
    3. Ice Fang x5 / Since the target has Burning Embers Ice Fang will be instant and deal 300% increased damage. Use Ice Fang 5 times to stack up your Still Waters buff, increasing your crit by 4% per stack.
    4. Frost Bomb -> Ice Barrage
    5. Hail Storm -> Glacial Meteor -> Freezing Mist (only use freezing mist here if there's +2 targets and they won't die when u are done with the rotation)
    6. Fire Storm -> Infernal Meteor / This debuffs your enemy with Burning Embers, making your Flame Burst hit for 200% increased damage. You could skip Infernal Meteor here if you want. I like to use it here for the reduced cast time chain from Fire Storm.
    7. x3 Flame Burst / To get to 5 stacks of Inner Flame. If you skipped Infernal Meteor in the previous step, only use x2 Flame Bursts and follow it up with Infernal Meteor.
    8. Ember Bomb -> Flame Barrage / Should be off cooldown now and you can repeat the rotation. If it's not off cooldown keep spamming Flame Burst until it is.

If the targes can be frozen Step 4 should be switched with step 5 and Step 7 should be switched with step 6. Just to make use of the 300% increased damage Flame Burst gets to hit frozen enemies. But then again, if the target can be frozen they are probably already dead.

I actually love how the dps rotation in this game is so advanced already at level 25. I see great potential in this!
    I use Metor first since the time between cast and first hit is longer than fire storm. really like your rotation tho. i also like how you can go so advanced with the combat at only lv 25 which is really early in the game state and you will probably get alot more spells for higher lvs with will probably enables even further advanced rotations and which also has more synergy with diffrent spells like you show in your rotation.
  • AloryAlory
    edited July 11, 2016
    TeGeek
    TeGeek said:

I use Metor first since the time between cast and first hit is longer than fire storm. really like your rotation tho. i also like how you can go so advanced with the combat at only lv 25 which is really early in the game state and you will probably get alot more spells for higher lvs with will probably enables even further advanced rotations and which also has more synergy with diffrent spells like you show in your rotation.
    Ah, I've noticed that meteor first is way better when you play solo. I rarely use Firestorm / Hailstorm when I do solo runs, only in RoM when you get flooded. Yea, I'm not trying to say that "I'm right and you are wrong", so don't take my message wrong. I just wanted to share the rotation I found out to do most damage and give an example for how flexible the dps rotation already can be, with so few spells/talents/pets added in the game.

Really nice guide by the way, good work =)