[ATTN NEW RIDERS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Wizard Guide

Comments

• TeGeekTeGeek
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 700
    edited July 11, 2016
    Alory
    Alory said:

TeGeek
    TeGeek said:

I use Metor first since the time between cast and first hit is longer than fire storm. really like your rotation tho. i also like how you can go so advanced with the combat at only lv 25 which is really early in the game state and you will probably get alot more spells for higher lvs with will probably enables even further advanced rotations and which also has more synergy with diffrent spells like you show in your rotation.
    Ah, I've noticed that meteor first is way better when you play solo. I rarely use Firestorm / Hailstorm when I do solo runs, only in RoM when you get flooded. Yea, I'm not trying to say that "I'm right and you are wrong", so don't take my message wrong. I just wanted to share the rotation I found out to do most damage and give an example for how flexible the dps rotation already can be, with so few spells/talents/pets added in the game.

Really nice guide by the way, good work =)
    didnt mean to sound rude or anything when i said it. your rotation is really good and what you said had alot of good points in it
  • CalvinizeCalvinize
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 730
    edited July 14, 2016
    Thank you for the guide! I started playing around 4-5 days ago and I have used your guide since then, though I only made an account yesterday so I thought I might as well drop by and show my gratitude.

Also, may I know what set (and its stats) you're currently using? I'm in the middle of getting my full Frozen gear, been checking the market nonstop for quite some time now. I'm curious as to what kind of stats should I aim for.

And another question that is a bit general, do you happen to know the difference between an item that is Heroic (Normal) and Heroic (High) or Heroic (Very High)? Is it just a slight difference in DPS or is there anything more? Is it worth to get the High or Very High at a higher price?
  • SaulOrnelasSaulOrnelas
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 1,000
    edited July 14, 2016
    @TeGeek tyy for the guide :D
  • FizzyMyNizzyFizzyMyNizzy
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 645
    edited July 14, 2016

Can you change it to
    Int>Magic crit rate>magic dmg/magic crit dmg
    Your <> might confuse people.
    < = Less than
    > = Greater than
  • flamefeniksflamefeniks
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 1,015
    edited July 14, 2016
    Calvinize
    Calvinize said:

I'm curious as to what kind of stats should I aim for.

And another question that is a bit general, do you happen to know the difference between an item that is Heroic (Normal) and Heroic (High) or Heroic (Very High)? Is it just a slight difference in DPS or is there anything more? Is it worth to get the High or Very High at a higher price?
    I would say Int>magic attack>mag crit>mag crit attack
    Don't bother with defenses, wizards got no such thing. It's all a lie. Like the cake in portal.
    As for the Normal, High, Very High. Well if you look at the stats you'll notice that an item that's High or Very High has better dps stats or defense stats than a normal or High item if you got Very High item. Also if not mistaken a High or Very High armor piece has more chance for higher stats, for example a normal item would be able to get +60 Int , but a Very High could have a chance for a +90 Int stat. Could be wrong on this last part though. But should be something like it.
    TeGeek
  • CalvinizeCalvinize
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 730
    edited July 14, 2016
    flamefeniks

Calvinize
    Calvinize said:

I'm curious as to what kind of stats should I aim for.

I would say Int>magic attack>mag crit>mag crit attack
    Don't bother with defenses, wizards got no such thing. It's all a lie. Like the cake in portal.
    As for the Normal, High, Very High. Well if you look at the stats you'll notice that an item that's High or Very High has better dps stats or defense stats than a normal or High item if you got Very High item. Also if not mistaken a High or Very High armor piece has more chance for higher stats, for example a normal item would be able to get +60 Int , but a Very High could have a chance for a +90 Int stat. Could be wrong on this last part though. But should be something like it.
    Ah I see. Thank you!
  • HigrasHigras
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 300
    edited July 17, 2016
    TeGeek
    TeGeek said:

Rotation 1
    Inferal Meteor>Fire Storm>FireBurst x3 (buff stack now 5)> Ember Bomb>Fire Barrage> Filler untill you can repeat each ability with cd as they come up
    Rotation 2
    FireBurst x5 >Inferal Meteor>Fire Storm>Ember Bomb>Fire Barrage> Filler untill you can repeat each ability with cd as they come up
    Shouldn't Fire Storm come before Infernal Meteor?
  • TeGeekTeGeek
    edited July 18, 2016
    Higras
    Higras said:

TeGeek
    TeGeek said:

Rotation 1
    Inferal Meteor>Fire Storm>FireBurst x3 (buff stack now 5)> Ember Bomb>Fire Barrage> Filler untill you can repeat each ability with cd as they come up
    Rotation 2
    FireBurst x5 >Inferal Meteor>Fire Storm>Ember Bomb>Fire Barrage> Filler untill you can repeat each ability with cd as they come up
    Shouldn't Fire Storm come before Infernal Meteor?
    if you are using the link skill thing yes. but since i made this guide pretty early on and they dont explain what key or how you do it, its not in the guide cause i couldt find out how to do it.

• GraysonHammerGraysonHammer
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 1,835
    edited July 18, 2016
    Thank you so much for this detailed guide, it helps a ton!
  • KilvorianKilvorian
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 805
    edited July 18, 2016
    forums.icarus.nexon.net/discussion/6961/current-endgame-wizard-guide-lv-25 Gives proper rotations for pretty much every situation as well as elaborates on the spells that are not covered in this guide. This is a good beginning guide however.
    edited July 18, 2016
    I combined your guide and Kilvorian's guide guide in Google Docs. This way those who are lazy to read and just want super simple and fast to read formatting can quickly skim through. I have given you guys complete credit. :)

https://docs.google.com/document/d/10B7WxlYz_7_sQwloWPgj6SsZQPmgE_dyuB2htgI174E/edit
    TeGeekKatonaCream
  • eddieddi
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 410
    edited July 19, 2016
    nice job
  • KatonaKatona
    edited July 25, 2016
    Ok I feel ridiculous but I cannot figure out how to stack Flameburst. I had no problems stacking attacks for my warrior and my berserker but I'm having a terrible time with the wizard. Please help?
  • TeGeekTeGeek
    edited July 25, 2016
    Katona
    Katona said:

Ok I feel ridiculous but I cannot figure out how to stack Flameburst. I had no problems stacking attacks for my warrior and my berserker but I'm having a terrible time with the wizard. Please help?
    you stack the flame buff using fire spells and the icebuff using ice spells. as i wrote in the guide if you use fire spell when you got icebuff the icebuff is removed and you stack firebuff instead
    Katona
  • KatonaKatona
    edited July 25, 2016
    Thanks so much. I did read your guide but I was so frustrated at the time it wasn't registering. :)
  • TeGeekTeGeek
    edited July 26, 2016
    would be nice if a forum moderator could pin this post as other guides has been as i think its a pretty decent guide enough to help new players that wanna know stuff about mages on a more basic level
    KatonaGraysonHammer
    edited August 1, 2016
    TeGeek
    TeGeek said:

would be nice if a forum moderator could pin this post as other guides has been as i think its a pretty decent guide enough to help new players that wanna know stuff about mages on a more basic level
    Agreed
  • TeGeekTeGeek
    edited September 20, 2016
    allmost 20k views Amazing