[ATTN NEW RIDERS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
Closed

Current Endgame Wizard Guide(Updated to Lv. 35)

Comments

  • HroftzHroftz
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 650
    Posts: 61
    Member
    edited August 12, 2016
    Stat priority MagicCritChance up to 60%>MagAttack%>CDR up to 30%>MagicAttack>CritDmg>CritChance over 60%.
    Best pets Kerav>Taslan.
    Best slots Caspert>BlueWyrm>GildedBenthic.
    Rotatations should have LightBlasts to prevent overagro.
  • NecroseNecrose
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 510
    Posts: 20
    Member
    edited August 13, 2016
    AshynnWhisper

    Necrose
    Necrose said:

    ((ATK*skill multiplier)+Crit DMG)*crit multiplier

    And crit multiplier does change with the skill. For example the fire bomb has a 1.5 multiplier, and the Explosive shot is definitely 2.0 multiplier.

    And so ATK is more effective than Crit Dmg :p
    Please, quit adding this damage equation to every post you see in the wizard forums. I have asked you to back it up in other places, and you have not. I doubt that it is anywhere near correct. As actual damage calcs are far more complex than what you are suggesting here, and throwing around an equation that is based purely on your private speculation does nothing but confuse people. I would love a simple answer like you are suggesting; however, it is just not that simple. Many factors influence damage that are not even accounted for in the calc you are throwing around, so please stop acting like it is gospel.
    To explain it, in the ATK you take in count your magic attack that is described beneath your dps and you take in count the skill base damage. So yes ATK isn't only the numbers beneath your dps, but that was quite obvious to anyone who theorycrafts a bit. In the end you decrease the numbers by the resistance of the mob (magic def / crit def / etc).
    I don't say it's a gospel, and it doesn't take much time to finish with this formula. It's better to criticise than to do, so yes it's a "simple" formula, but most of the posts speak about crit and how to build. The resistance of mobs don't have to be shown because if doesn't influate on our choice.

    If you have a better equation that fits most, please give it to us. Until then, i'll keep following it, and give it to others. This is no gospel, just maths and tries. And as far as I know it is "anywhere near correct". Just do it and you'll see :)

    Hroftz
    Hroftz said:

    Stat priority MagicCritChance up to 60%>MagAttack%>CDR up to 30%>MagicAttack>CritDmg>CritChance over 60%.
    I definitely agree to that. You put 2 M.crit chance, i hope that you meant the 1st one as the correct one
  • CrowFan01CrowFan01
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 1,755
    Posts: 236
    Member
    edited August 15, 2016
    Hroftz
    Hroftz said:

    Stat priority MagicCritChance up to 60%>MagAttack%>CDR up to 30%>MagicAttack>CritDmg>CritChance over 60%.
    Best pets Kerav>Taslan.
    Best slots Caspert>BlueWyrm>GildedBenthic.
    Rotatations should have LightBlasts to prevent overagro.
    Rondo is best pet :D 34% MATT 20% HP 10% Move speed. Also I like the cooldown on taslan better than having an extra 7-8% MATT from Kerav. When I switched over to rondo I noticed a difference in my rotation CD's still being up 1-3 seconds longer.
  • HroftzHroftz
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 650
    Posts: 61
    Member
    edited August 18, 2016
    Rondo is not an easy to get pet,while guides are usually written for starting players... kerav can be bought on AH and then Extracted.
    Edit:Wanted to add about taslan or CDR vs MA%....In my opinion MA% is a better stat than CDR for pets...You can get CDR on mounted weapons,shoulders and amulet,while MA% can only be obtained on amulet.
  • CrowFan01CrowFan01
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 1,755
    Posts: 236
    Member
    edited August 19, 2016
    Hroftz
    Hroftz said:

    Rondo is not an easy to get pet,while guides are usually written for starting players... kerav can be bought on AH and then Extracted.
    Edit:Wanted to add about taslan or CDR vs MA%....In my opinion MA% is a better stat than CDR for pets...You can get CDR on mounted weapons,shoulders and amulet,while MA% can only be obtained on amulet.
    True but to be truly optimal you have to reach a certain amount of MATT for MATT% to be worthwhile. Casting a spell 50% more is better than casting it once with slightly higher numbers. What that number is exactly is the question. Just gotta do the math, im too lazy :D
  • KilvorianKilvorian
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 805
    Posts: 26
    Member
    edited August 21, 2016
    Thank you everyone for your insight and feedback on the class. I have made some tweaks to the original post. I initially had a 5% buffer for m.crit, but realize that 5% could potentially be better spent elsewhere from a true min/max standpoint. I also did not have CDR in the stat priorities initially. This has been addressed as well as adding in the more current pets/seals. In regards to the formulas for damage. I am a player of the game just like all of you. Without a combat log to skim through or a developer posting the actual formula, everything on that end is just speculation or at best a hypothesis. If we did have actual damage formulas then the stat priorities could be more finely tuned. However with that said I believe we have pretty much everything anyone would need to know in this thread if they wanted to play or learn about how to play a wizard.

    Thanks again to everyone for the feedback and discussion on the thread.
  • HroftzHroftz
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 650
    Posts: 61
    Member
    edited September 2, 2016
    CrowFan01
    CrowFan01 said:

    Hroftz
    Hroftz said:

    Rondo is not an easy to get pet,while guides are usually written for starting players... kerav can be bought on AH and then Extracted.
    Edit:Wanted to add about taslan or CDR vs MA%....In my opinion MA% is a better stat than CDR for pets...You can get CDR on mounted weapons,shoulders and amulet,while MA% can only be obtained on amulet.
    True but to be truly optimal you have to reach a certain amount of MATT for MATT% to be worthwhile. Casting a spell 50% more is better than casting it once with slightly higher numbers. What that number is exactly is the question. Just gotta do the math, im too lazy :D
    I already written those numbers....To be optimal you need 30% CDR,this is the point where meteors,bombs and storms CD stop and cannot be reduced any further.
  • CrowFan01CrowFan01
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 1,755
    Posts: 236
    Member
    edited September 2, 2016
    Hroftz
    Hroftz said:

    CrowFan01
    CrowFan01 said:

    Hroftz
    Hroftz said:

    Rondo is not an easy to get pet,while guides are usually written for starting players... kerav can be bought on AH and then Extracted.
    Edit:Wanted to add about taslan or CDR vs MA%....In my opinion MA% is a better stat than CDR for pets...You can get CDR on mounted weapons,shoulders and amulet,while MA% can only be obtained on amulet.
    True but to be truly optimal you have to reach a certain amount of MATT for MATT% to be worthwhile. Casting a spell 50% more is better than casting it once with slightly higher numbers. What that number is exactly is the question. Just gotta do the math, im too lazy :D
    I already written those numbers....To be optimal you need 30% CDR,this is the point where meteors,bombs and storms CD stop and cannot be reduced any further.
    Everyones play style is different, i think 30% cdr is too much cdr IMO as I solo alot and even when those spells are up I rarely use them the second they are available. I would rather have flat Matt or INT than using up an extra 2 slots for CDR. im at +50% MATT so the more I stack the more beneficial it is to me. In the end you gotta gear yourself with what you have to work with and your playstyle, not what someone else tells you.
  • HroftzHroftz
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 650
    Posts: 61
    Member
    edited September 5, 2016
    CrowFan01
    CrowFan01 said:

    Hroftz
    Hroftz said:

    CrowFan01
    CrowFan01 said:

    Hroftz
    Hroftz said:

    Rondo is not an easy to get pet,while guides are usually written for starting players... kerav can be bought on AH and then Extracted.
    Edit:Wanted to add about taslan or CDR vs MA%....In my opinion MA% is a better stat than CDR for pets...You can get CDR on mounted weapons,shoulders and amulet,while MA% can only be obtained on amulet.
    True but to be truly optimal you have to reach a certain amount of MATT for MATT% to be worthwhile. Casting a spell 50% more is better than casting it once with slightly higher numbers. What that number is exactly is the question. Just gotta do the math, im too lazy :D
    I already written those numbers....To be optimal you need 30% CDR,this is the point where meteors,bombs and storms CD stop and cannot be reduced any further.
    Everyones play style is different, i think 30% cdr is too much cdr IMO as I solo alot and even when those spells are up I rarely use them the second they are available. I would rather have flat Matt or INT than using up an extra 2 slots for CDR. im at +50% MATT so the more I stack the more beneficial it is to me. In the end you gotta gear yourself with what you have to work with and your playstyle, not what someone else tells you.
    It doesnt matter what play style you have,what matters is how much dmg you deal with your play style....High CDR not only allows you to have more rotations but also decrease ligh blast CD,wizzards doesnt have passive agro reduction or 99% agro removal like sins....We deal as much dmg as tank can handle,more light blasts=less agro,less agro=more dmg,this is especialy important when wizard have more than 3k dps.


  • CrowFan01CrowFan01
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 1,755
    Posts: 236
    Member
    edited September 5, 2016
    Hroftz
    Hroftz said:

    CrowFan01
    CrowFan01 said:

    Hroftz
    Hroftz said:

    CrowFan01
    CrowFan01 said:

    Hroftz
    Hroftz said:

    Rondo is not an easy to get pet,while guides are usually written for starting players... kerav can be bought on AH and then Extracted.
    Edit:Wanted to add about taslan or CDR vs MA%....In my opinion MA% is a better stat than CDR for pets...You can get CDR on mounted weapons,shoulders and amulet,while MA% can only be obtained on amulet.
    True but to be truly optimal you have to reach a certain amount of MATT for MATT% to be worthwhile. Casting a spell 50% more is better than casting it once with slightly higher numbers. What that number is exactly is the question. Just gotta do the math, im too lazy :D
    I already written those numbers....To be optimal you need 30% CDR,this is the point where meteors,bombs and storms CD stop and cannot be reduced any further.
    Everyones play style is different, i think 30% cdr is too much cdr IMO as I solo alot and even when those spells are up I rarely use them the second they are available. I would rather have flat Matt or INT than using up an extra 2 slots for CDR. im at +50% MATT so the more I stack the more beneficial it is to me. In the end you gotta gear yourself with what you have to work with and your playstyle, not what someone else tells you.
    It doesnt matter what play style you have,what matters is how much dmg you deal with your play style....High CDR not only allows you to have more rotations but also decrease ligh blast CD,wizzards doesnt have passive agro reduction or 99% agro removal like sins....We deal as much dmg as tank can handle,more light blasts=less agro,less agro=more dmg,this is especialy important when wizard have more than 3k dps.


    \What I mean is for example if you have 50% CDR and you are spamming light blast which also reduces cast time your spells are going to be up way sooner than you are ready to use them. if you could do the same thing with 30% CDR and still use the same rotations, wouldn't you think sacrificing 20% CDR and gaining crit% matt% or INT would be more beneficial. You are still casting the same skills as before but they pack a much bigger punch.
  • HroftzHroftz
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 650
    Posts: 61
    Member
    edited September 12, 2016
    Crankers
    Crankers said:

    My stat priority as of right now is as such: Overall Attack > M.Attack > M.Crit > All Stats > INT > Cooldown > Cast Time > Power > Health
    Hmm why do you value M.attack more than INT? Are you aware that INT gives 1.5 MA per point and works with MA %? Also overall Attack is usefull for mounted combat only...In dungeons without mount its the same as MA.
  • NalkaraNalkara
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 2,175
    Posts: 271
    Member
    edited September 13, 2016
    @Hroftz Unfortunately, on most pieces, intelligence numbers are very low. Even multiplying 30 int x 1.5 to get 45 m.attack doesn't compare to 70-80 m.attack straight.
  • HroftzHroftz
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 650
    Posts: 61
    Member
    edited September 13, 2016
    Nalkara
    Nalkara said:

    @Hroftz Unfortunately, on most pieces, intelligence numbers are very low. Even multiplying 30 int x 1.5 to get 45 m.attack doesn't compare to 70-80 m.attack straight.
    Such low Int rolls can only be on mounted weapons and amulet,rest of the lvl 35 gear rolls Int in the range of 60-100.
  • leofishleofish
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 400
    Posts: 4
    Member
    edited September 18, 2016
    In Riders of Icarus, your gear Stat Prioritization should be as such:
    M.Crit% up to 60%>M. Crit Dmg>Int>CDR up to 30%>M.Atk>CDR above 30%>M.Crit above 60%. Seal Prioritization: Venomous Casper (if you're loaded) Blue Bloodwyrm (M.Attack M.Crit %) Gilded Benthic (M. Crit% M. Crit Dmg.) For maximum effect level your familiars to max level before you seal them. Pet Scrolls: Golden Laiku, Kerav, Rondo, Taslan the Devourer, Blue Bloodwyrm
    Land Mount: Venomous Caspert, Magma Hound
    Air Mount: Golden Laiku, Any Griffion, Blue Bloodwyrm,
    I saw this from http://2p.com/44785149_1/Guide-for-Riders-of-Icarus-Wizard-UPDATED-LEVEL-35-by-leo-fish.htm
  • HroftzHroftz
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 650
    Posts: 61
    Member
    edited September 18, 2016
    leofish
    leofish said:

    In Riders of Icarus, your gear Stat Prioritization should be as such:
    M.Crit% up to 60%>M. Crit Dmg>Int>CDR up to 30%>M.Atk>CDR above 30%>M.Crit above 60%. Seal Prioritization: Venomous Casper (if you're loaded) Blue Bloodwyrm (M.Attack M.Crit %) Gilded Benthic (M. Crit% M. Crit Dmg.) For maximum effect level your familiars to max level before you seal them. Pet Scrolls: Golden Laiku, Kerav, Rondo, Taslan the Devourer, Blue Bloodwyrm
    Land Mount: Venomous Caspert, Magma Hound
    Air Mount: Golden Laiku, Any Griffion, Blue Bloodwyrm,
    I saw this from http://2p.com/44785149_1/Guide-for-Riders-of-Icarus-Wizard-UPDATED-LEVEL-35-by-leo-fish.htm
    Well its wrong....I have been doing a lot of testing and i can guarantee that M.crit dmg loose to both MA and INT.
    My point is M.Crit% up to 53%(rotate Laike buff and it will be 60%)>INT>MA%>CDR up to 30%>MA>M.crit dmg.
    Choosing M.crit dmg over INT is a bit silly,only items that roll both of these stats are gloves and weapon(amulet and mounted doesnt count their best INT rolls are nothing) and even low Int rolls on these items gives almost same MA as M.crit dmg....M.Crit dmg works only on crits and its dmg is added after MA on formula.
    Best land mount is Canniphage,it gives 28% overall attack and it works on all mounted skills.
    Guide you linked is crap.

  • TeviNaxTeviNax
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 540
    Posts: 41
    Member
    edited September 19, 2016
    Hroftz
    Hroftz said:

    leofish
    leofish said:

    In Riders of Icarus, your gear Stat Prioritization should be as such:
    M.Crit% up to 60%>M. Crit Dmg>Int>CDR up to 30%>M.Atk>CDR above 30%>M.Crit above 60%. Seal Prioritization: Venomous Casper (if you're loaded) Blue Bloodwyrm (M.Attack M.Crit %) Gilded Benthic (M. Crit% M. Crit Dmg.) For maximum effect level your familiars to max level before you seal them. Pet Scrolls: Golden Laiku, Kerav, Rondo, Taslan the Devourer, Blue Bloodwyrm
    Land Mount: Venomous Caspert, Magma Hound
    Air Mount: Golden Laiku, Any Griffion, Blue Bloodwyrm,
    I saw this from http://2p.com/44785149_1/Guide-for-Riders-of-Icarus-Wizard-UPDATED-LEVEL-35-by-leo-fish.htm
    Well its wrong....I have been doing a lot of testing and i can guarantee that M.crit dmg loose to both MA and INT.
    My point is M.Crit% up to 53%(rotate Laike buff and it will be 60%)>INT>MA%>CDR up to 30%>MA>M.crit dmg.
    Choosing M.crit dmg over INT is a bit silly,only items that roll both of these stats are gloves and weapon(amulet and mounted doesnt count their best INT rolls are nothing) and even low Int rolls on these items gives almost same MA as M.crit dmg....M.Crit dmg works only on crits and its dmg is added after MA on formula.
    Best land mount is Canniphage,it gives 28% overall attack and it works on all mounted skills.
    Guide you linked is crap.


    U can even go down to 33% since u can rotate 20% crit buffs from blahk as well :D Mages dont need crit at all^^ every % more is kinda wasting resources atm...
  • CrowFan01CrowFan01
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 1,755
    Posts: 236
    Member
    edited September 19, 2016
    crit dmg is great on world bosses. try it out :D
  • MastasMastas
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 1,665
    Posts: 153
    Member
    edited September 25, 2016
    Nice Guide overall, but why no Mention about Talents and maybe some recommendations on them ? are they all just the same so they do not matter ? are some better ? would be nice to have some info about them as well in a Wizard Guide page
  • CrowFan01CrowFan01
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 1,755
    Posts: 236
    Member
    edited September 30, 2016
    Mastas
    Mastas said:

    Nice Guide overall, but why no Mention about Talents and maybe some recommendations on them ? are they all just the same so they do not matter ? are some better ? would be nice to have some info about them as well in a Wizard Guide page
    Personally I run 3 fire and 1 arcane (dark affliction cd). I used to run 3 fire and 1 ice (10% to fang) but being geared so much and pvping more than ever now, I like the 4 second CD on fear too much to go back. Might switch to 4 fire with new patch, we will see.
    UrsaMaritum
  • CreamCream
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 22,105
    Posts: 3,829
    Forum Moderator, Council Member
    edited October 17, 2016
    I haven't seen any replies from OP. If this is the case, if someone has a updated version or will have it ready soon please contact me to properly pin the thread.

    Have a nice day!
    Minchester
This discussion has been closed.