[ATTN NEW RIDERS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
Closed

Retreat's Assassin Guide w/ Builds! Part 1&2

RetreatRetreat
Riders of Icarus Rep: 705
edited July 19, 2016 in Assassin
Hello ladies and gentlemen, my name is Retreat and I'm bringing you a assassin guide for the level 25 cap! I will update it majorly with the 35 cap once I get a feel for that cap!

This guide will cover
-Rotation
-Builds
-Dodge Mechanics
-Gear
-Talents

Alright so let's get into the basics before we get into any of the other topics
I suggest going into Settings > Game> and turning "Double-Click Input Speed" to whatever makes you more comfortable, fast or slow, this affects your dodge to be activated sooner or later when having to press WASD
Now the Assassin's rotation will consist of a lot of dodging to add benefits.
A few skills benefit from the assassin's Nimble Dash, such as;
Whirling Blades (range),
Flash Cut (range, aoe, and turns 2 slashes to 1),
Chain Pull (stun added),
Round House (+200% dmg, -silence effect),
Crescent Kick (+150% dmg),
Moonlight Edge (+15% crit rate),
Dagger Rush (Range)
Now that you know these benefits, you should also know that yes, they do infact activate on double tapping A and D, although many only use W for Nimble Dash. This will allow extended time for iframes.

Dodging
I have heard many people complain about how they dodge and still get hit, but the dodging in this game is a little unique to the dodging compared to other games that grant iframes (invincibility frames) but the dodging in this game works like this
Dodge seems to grant iframes after the dash, but not during.
You want to dodge before a swing, plenty of time before. You can pretty much dodge, stand still wait 2 seconds, get hit, and you'd still dodge it.

- Your Build -
Your build is very vital to your play style, i'll get into the two builds that I currently see available for assassin, any other builds i'd love to hear!
The Two Builds:
-The Party Man
-Lone Wolf

The Party Man (common)
This assassin will be building high crit damage/strength Stat Priority - Crit Damage >Strength> Crit Chance > Dex now note, you may feel different, but I believe this stat priority fuels the most dps for this specific build.
The Party Man's Build
Build A excels in teams, use of Chilling Shadow makes up for low critical chance, and low phys attack, making their high critical damage and physical attack do plenty of more damage because of multipliers on the critical damage.
The Party Man's Rotation
As we read earlier, the Assassin gains benefits from dodging, but sometimes you may not want to use benefits for certain skills, for example, you want to silence somebody, i'd suggest not using the dash, as Round House silences, but the silence is removed when you use it after dashing.

Let's start off with the basic rotation, *Note* It'd be an extremely well idea to ALWAYS be behind your target, as this build makes you excel damage wise, when behind the target.

Dagger Rush (adds accuracy debuff)-> Thorn kick -> Ankle breaker -> Crescent kick -> Whirling blades (+swirling leaves only if this is an aerial combo, then dash to get to the ground faster than the target), -> Dagger Rush, dodge(WASD) -> Moonlight Edge, then finish with a Killer's Cross (+240% dmg when under 30% hp)
before attacking I suggest your tank to grab aggro on the enemy, so that you can sneak behind and get the benefits of Chilling Shadow.
Talents for The Party Assassin
Since we do not have much information on the talent trees yet since they are locked, I will update this later, but for now I'd just suggest getting 1 talent in aerial (best skill benefits), and 1 talent in Agility (-20% threat, really needed to help guardians, so you don't take aggro with your backstab damage)

The Party Man's Arsenal
Last but not least, we got the party man's gear build. As we can assume with the stat priority you pretty much want this
Crit Damage>Strength>Crit Chance>Phys Attack
Health - 2050+. You need at least 2050 hp to avoid getting 1 hit by normal attacks, although a critical hit by ranged projectile (spears, shamans, and arrows) typically 1 hit you, and when bosses crit will one hit you, but with this build you should avoid aggroing at all, and if you do aggro, use Cold Blood (decreases threat by 99%)
But I would suggest wearing a piece or two of gear that contain hp benefits
Damage - 2200 dps and higher
Stats - 30%+ Critical Chance, 600+ Critical Damage, 1,000+ Physical/Magical Defense (not needed due to the nature of getting 1 hit by criticals anyways.)
Tempering - Some may find this weird for me to say, but I heavily suggest not tempering gear right now, only weapons. Again, we still get 1 hit by criticals unless we build heavily into defense, but that destroys the idea of the extremely strong assassin with low defenses. (glass cannon)
+10 weapons (both daggers and crossbow, lance is preferential)

The Party Man Pros & Cons
Pros - Extremely high damage (from behind)
reduced threat can easily wipe bosses with a tank,
has high mobility and can often stand still not needing Fleet Step (with the exception of using Nimble Dash for benefits)
Mount Combat DOES IN FACT BENEFIT FROM CHILLING SHADOWS (more damage behind targets even when mounted such as explosive shot)
Really good group member (extremely high dps)
Cons-
Glass Cannon
if they gain aggro, glass shatters (Assassin dies fast)
Mount Combat will be weak unless behind the target, which is hard to control, and impossible @ attaius.
Has to be behind target for damage
very weak solo, due to inaccessibility to chilling shadows (since aggro is always on you)
Sharing Loot

Due to the forums capacity for characters, this will have to be a two parter! I'll post the 2nd half to the second build right here!
Thank you for reading and please leave any questions, comments, suggestions or concerns in the reply!
FlimflamSirPendragonMorroes
  1. Which build will you choose?31 votes
    1. The Party Man
       19% (6 votes)
    2. The Lone Wolf
       81% (25 votes)

Comments

• RetreatRetreat
    edited July 19, 2016
    Thank you for reading up on part 2, let me repost some information again. My name's Retreat, and this is part 2 to the assassin guide with builds!

This guide will cover
    -Rotation
    -Builds
    -Dodge Mechanics
    -Gear
    -Talents
    Alright so let's get into the basics before we get into any of the other topics
    I suggest going into Settings > Game> and turning "Double-Click Input Speed" to slow, this makes you dodge faster w/o having to press WASD like 5x (just twice instantly)
    Now the Assassin's rotation will consist of a lot of dodging to add benefits.
    A few skills benefit from the assassin's Nimble Dash, such as;
    Whirling Blades (range),
    Flash Cut (range, aoe, and turns 2 slashes to 1),
    Chain Pull (stun added),
    Round House (+200% dmg, -silence effect),
    Crescent Kick (+150% dmg),
    Moonlight Edge (+15% crit rate),
    Dagger Rush (Range)
    Now that you know these benefits, you should also know that yes, they do infact activate on double tapping A and D, although many only use W for Nimble Dash. This will allow extended time for iframes.

Dodging
    I have heard many people complain about how they dodge and still get hit, but the dodging in this game is a little unique to the dodging compared to other games that grant iframes (invincibility frames) but the dodging in this game works like this
    Dodge seems to grant iframes after the dash, but not during.
    You want to dodge before a swing, plenty of time before. You can pretty much dodge, stand still wait 2 seconds, get hit, and you'd still dodge it.

- Your Build -
    Your build is very vital to your play style, i'll get into the two builds that I currently see available for assassin, any other builds i'd love to hear!
    The Two Builds:
    -The Party Man
    -Lone Wolf

Lone Wolf
    This assassin will be building high str/phys attack Str>Physical Attack>Critical Chance>Critical Damage>Dex now note, you may feel different, but I believe this stat priority fuels the most dps for this specific build.

Lone Wolf's Build
    Build B excels in solo, making the use of Chilling Shadow very difficult, thus why this build must compensate for the loss of physical attack and the native critical chance increase.

Lone Wolf's Rotation
    As we read earlier, the Assassin gains benefits from dodging, but sometimes you may not want to use benefits for certain skills, for example, you want to silence somebody, i'd suggest not using the dash, as Round House silences, but the silence is removed when you use it after dashing.
    The Lone Wolf is a SOLO assassin, so much much more dodging / running away (for bosses) will be needed.
    This is the typical rotation I use for soloing RoM Heroic 5.
    Dodge (W), Dagger Thrust -> Flash Cut ->(Dodge A)(behind him) Whirling Blades-> (Dodge D) Moonlight Edge-> (Dodge W) (at this point you can run or try to finish off, if you continue you'd do...) Dagger Thrust-> Flash Cut-> (Dodge A) Round House-> Killer's Cross, (Dodge W/S away from boss). *Note* I do not suggest proceeding with the combo after moonlight edge unless you know some way of avoiding stamina exhaustion that I don't :P

Talents for the Lone Wolf
    Since we do not have much information on the talent trees yet since they are locked, I will update this later, but for now I'd just suggest getting 1 talent in aerial (best skill benefits), and 1 talent in control (for more damage benefits) Since the lone wolf does not party, it does not need the threat reduction currently for soloing (agility tree) BUT with this being said, I do believe the synergy bonuses from the Agility tree (in higher level caps) will be more beneficial to the Lone Wolf because of it's stat priority.

Lone Wolf's Arsenal
    Last but not least, we got the Lone Wolf's gear build. As we can assume with the stat priority you pretty much want this
    Str>Physical Attack>Critical Chance>Critical Damage>Dex on your gear.

Health - 2050+. You need at least 2050 hp to avoid getting 1 hit by normal attacks, although a critical hit by ranged projectile (spears, shamans, and arrows) typically 1 hit you, and when bosses crit will one hit you, (this is true for both builds, but with efficient use of nimble dash, which this build heavily uses, you can entirely avoid all damage)
    But I would suggest wearing a piece or two of gear that contain hp benefits
    Damage - 4,000+ DPS
    Stats - 550+ Strength, 25%+ Critical Chance, 300+ Critical Damage, Defense (?) this is entirely up to you, you can run naked if you want, because the nature of this build heavily relies on the dodge mechanic, in which you need to avoid ALL damage, you shouldn't really try to be tanking.
    Tempering - Some may find this weird for me to say, but this build too has the same idea behind the tempering. I heavily suggest not tempering gear right now, only weapons. Again, we still get 1 hit by criticals unless we build heavily into defense, but that destroys the idea of the extremely strong assassin with low defenses. (glass cannon)
    +10 weapons (both daggers and crossbow, lance is preferential)

Lone Wolf's Pros & Cons

Pros - Pros - Extremely high damage (regardless of position)
    No need to find parties, you can run whatever whenever.
    has high mobility and cannot stand still, nice for players who love adrenaline, which in turn makes you end up needing Fleet Step (and Nimble Dash spam of course.)
    Mount Combat DOES IN FACT BENEFIT FROM CHILLING SHADOWS (more damage behind targets even when mounted such as explosive shot), which makes for high openers on targets not facing you.
    Good Party DPS (and raid dps (attaius))
    ALL THE LOOT OF DUNGEONS IS YOURS! :DExtremely high mount damage
    Good Farm toon

Cons -
    Easily takes aggro off of guardians in pubs (leading to your demise)
    Glass cannon, dies easily
    Hard to build, takes almost perfect stats on your gear
    Could be costly.
    Internet instability WILL cause dodging to be very difficult

My personal stats (I run the Lone Wolf build)
    2146 HP
    +10 daggers and bow
    +0 gear
    4480 dps,
    693 strength
    35.37% critical,
    420 critical damage,
    688 defense (I love being a glass cannon)

Thank you guys so much for reading and if you have any questions, comments, suggestions or concerns, please voice it! :D
    SirPendragonMorroesKesstrylRhyavIslazandiVillainouzMhaijik
  • HashtagHealsHashtagHeals
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 2,860
    edited July 19, 2016
    Thx for the guide looks really nice.

Added it to the Class Guide Compendium
    Retreat
  • CymasCymas
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 1,905
    edited July 19, 2016
    Hm, I've been reading everywhere that dex doesn't stack high enough to be useful for this level, is that not true?

I've been looking for an assassin guide for a friend so this is incredibly helpful, thank you. :)
  • BeyonderBeyonder
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 790
    edited July 19, 2016
    Hi, i really suggest you remove the "party man" build to not confuse people because that build is really bad. Strength is byfar the strongest choice as you can easily get alot of crit by seals. (later in the game you will be crit capped by seals and cdr capped). The stat priority for your other build is good though. If you've talked to or seen any good KR players you will see that they always stack strength and not dexterity. For example my character at the moment has 47% crit chance with 933 strength. Can almost cap myself with buffs and being behind the enemy.

I think your guide is good for beginners and i hope you don't think im trashing on you or being harsh i just don't want to see sins running around with stacked dex. (especially on attaius they would be out dpsed by priests by a mile..)
  • RetreatRetreat
    edited July 19, 2016
    Beyonder
    Beyonder said:

Hi, i really suggest you remove the "party man" build to not confuse people because that build is really bad. Strength is byfar the strongest choice as you can easily get alot of crit by seals. (later in the game you will be crit capped by seals and cdr capped). The stat priority for your other build is good though. If you've talked to or seen any good KR players you will see that they always stack strength and not dexterity. For example my character at the moment has 47% crit chance with 933 strength. Can almost cap myself with buffs and being behind the enemy.

I think your guide is good for beginners and i hope you don't think im trashing on you or being harsh i just don't want to see sins running around with stacked dex. (especially on attaius they would be out dpsed by priests by a mile..)
    I edited the build for them to build strength after crit damage, for I believe a non-solo assassin should be building extremely high critical damage to make chilling shadows the most effective.

• MorroesMorroes
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 405
    edited July 19, 2016
    Thank you for taking the time to write this, community has really been lacking in guides and insight, especially since most assassin posts are questions x)
  • KesstrylKesstryl
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 4,775
    edited July 20, 2016
    @Microdots Your compendium is not showing up, did it get deleted?
  • senechalsenechal
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 855
    edited July 20, 2016
    Just tell me how do u have 4k DPS cuz i cant go further than 2.5k can u tell me how can i have 4k DPS or show me your items pls?
  • SicariusDominusSicariusDominus
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 300
    edited July 21, 2016
    senechal
    senechal said:

Just tell me how do u have 4k DPS cuz i cant go further than 2.5k can u tell me how can i have 4k DPS or show me your items pls?
    Get double slot gear with lvl 25 Ruby Bloodwyrm Seals should do the trick, put 2 in everything for a total of 16/18.
    I am at 3.2k myself but still have lvl 20 +9 daggers with nothing slotted. Good daggers are expensive amiright?
  • BarnaskeBarnaske
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 200
    edited July 22, 2016
    Hi Guys o/
    Actually I don't know if I'm right, but I feel my Dagger Rush dashes twice through enemies once in a while.
    That's weird, i mean... When I use Nimble Dash I'm supposed to cut through the mob once, or can I do it twice *always*?
    If it's possible and I don't know how to make it work, could anybody help?
    I don't know if it mean something, but I'm playing from BR, so my ping ins't that good...
  • CinksCinks
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 400
    edited July 26, 2016
    Hi, sorry for the question, i'm trying but i can't reach the 4480 dps, how did u get that?
  • MlBMlB
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 3,665
    edited July 29, 2016
    SicariusDominus

senechal
    senechal said:

Get double slot gear with lvl 25 Ruby Bloodwyrm Seals should do the trick, put 2 in everything for a total of 16/18.
    I am at 3.2k myself but still have lvl 20 +9 daggers with nothing slotted. Good daggers are expensive amiright?
    Good daggers are expensive, I'm too poor to afford buying off AH so I just have to grind RoM for days and pray I get a good one...
    My current daggers are pretty garbage (+11 frozen, crit chance/dex/str) should probably get some ruby bloodwyrms on them.
    (My DPS is 1.5k.. Sad life.)

How would you recommend stacking the most STR? Just sifting through gears until you find one with all STR?
  • CliffbangerCliffbanger
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 200
    edited July 30, 2016
    What talents r u guys currently using? 3x str? 3x dex? and the single one?
  • MlBMlB
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 3,665
    edited July 30, 2016
    Cliffbanger

What talents r u guys currently using? 3x str? 3x dex? and the single one?
    Right now I have Lightening Dagger, Assassin's Secrets and Ringing Blows (all Agility) for a pretty strong STR boost via Synergy. For last talent I have Evasion Master (Aerial) because lol5secondevasionboost.

Currently in the progress of fixing my gears. DPS went up to 2.5k but I can do better than that.

Right now, my stats are:
    2501 DPS (OCD doesn't like)
    39.36% Physical Critical Rate
    933 Physical Critical Damage
    1377 Physical Defense, 1215 Magical Defense
  • AbiszajAbiszaj
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 530
    edited August 16, 2016
    its easier to put ss
    3x str 1dex for eva boost easier for doing dung soloimage
  • Shadow_AlchemistShadow_Alchemist
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 2,135
    edited August 20, 2016
    Abiszaj
    Abiszaj said:

its easier to put ss
    3x str 1dex for eva boost easier for doing dung soloimage
    You like to show off that necklace in almost every page. Care to show the rest of your gear in a video?
  • SlayeRzZSlayeRzZ
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 910
    edited August 28, 2016
    find 2x bonus or 3x physck attk % bonus good neck and use bloodwyrim rubies , bonethrophe ( name like this idk, bone dragon sealed) or angases&keravs. u up then 8k dps/10k hp easier with all stat. rubies and bones make ur dps high but glass cannon style. low hp. 1 hit K.O in dung hc 5 carleon,matren,cavern,frost keep
  • Shadow_AlchemistShadow_Alchemist
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 2,135
    edited September 11, 2016
    Don't really mean to Necro, but it is pinned.

Is this gonna be updated or anything? Having it pinned otherwise seems kinda...pointless.
This discussion has been closed.