[ATTN NEW RIDERS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

New Pets are kinda useless.

SethGureSethGure
Riders of Icarus Rep: 7,750
edited July 14, 2016 in General Chat
I like that we are getting the first patch of pets this quickly ,and it really makes me happy ,but I play zerker ,and the only pet that's close to being useful for my build is the Braghin Chieftain ,duo to the physical defense he gives me since i already have crzy dps ,and he is heroic ,meaning i will probably have to spend about 200 elluns before getting him.

Comments

• HashtagHealsHashtagHeals
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 2,560
    edited July 14, 2016
    Honestly, for casters we for the most part will continue using our spider since its so good to pass up. Guardians will eat up the chieftain since it will activate god mode. I don't think the new pets are kinda useless. It all depends on the players really.

You may think they are kinda useless and others not so much. But, yeah RNG is going to be mean today.
  • PeaceFullGirlPeaceFullGirl
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 630
    edited July 14, 2016
    SethGure
    SethGure said:

I like that we are getting the first patch of pets this quickly ,and it really makes me happy ,but I play zerker ,and the only pet that's close to being useful is the Braghin Chieftain ,and he is heroic ,meaning i will probably have to spend about 200 elluns before getting him.
    ill say Braghim rider is the best pet for you it gives u phy 63 and phy def 54
  • ExodiaExodia
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 945
    edited July 14, 2016
    Try more than 200.. each box is 50. Don't think you're gonna get it with just 4 boxes lol
    Pixii
  • VicdenVicden
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 1,190
    edited July 14, 2016
    Pets need free slots in your mount inventory right?
  • SethGureSethGure
    edited July 14, 2016
    Microdots said:

Honestly, for casters we for the most part will continue using our spider since its so good to pass up. Guardians will eat up the chieftain since it will activate god mode. I don't think the new pets are kinda useless. It all depends on the players really.

You may think they are kinda useless and others not so much. But, yeah RNG is going to be mean today.
    Yeah some people may see me picking Braghin Chieftain as a perfect for zerker is good ,No it's not ,it's just good for my set of gear XD
    and Yeah ,i am personally keeping as much elluns as possible ,because i want to get that +20 new tear of weapons in the next patch .

• SethGureSethGure
    edited July 14, 2016
    Exodia
    Exodia said:

Try more than 200.. each box is 50. Don't think you're gonna get it with just 4 boxes lol
    Well i am super naive and optimistic ,and lucky as well :)
    Vicden
    Vicden said:

Pets need free slots in your mount inventory right?
    Yes they do @Vicden
    PeaceFullGirl

SethGure
    SethGure said:

I like that we are getting the first patch of pets this quickly ,and it really makes me happy ,but I play zerker ,and the only pet that's close to being useful is the Braghin Chieftain ,and he is heroic ,meaning i will probably have to spend about 200 elluns before getting him.
    ill say Braghim rider is the best pet for you it gives u phy 63 and phy def 54
    I though of picking him first (lol talking like i can actually buy him ) ,but the chieftain gives me 27% physical defense increase when he reaches level 25 (which is easy) ,and that equals about 400 ,So he is a better fit for me.
    Exodia
  • SethGureSethGure
    edited July 14, 2016
    #Poorridersmatter :D
    KeithVSmith
  • SiinsSiins
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 1,695
    edited July 14, 2016
    Pretty good box for zerks i would say.... 2x 25% STR 1x 25% physical atk in it, 3/10 useful. Mage is 1/10 :)

But yea, none are really a huge advantage over what is available to tame in-game.... for a silly rng box, people will probably just go for them for cosmetic reasons.
  • PaulGCGPaulGCG
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 1,340
    edited July 14, 2016
    It's funny cause some elite pets in the next areas give better stats than all of the RNG pets.
  • ChamplooChamploo
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 1,765
    edited July 14, 2016
    I'm just curious if "Nullifies all conditions of all regions" stat will be required in future content.
  • SiinsSiins
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 1,695
    edited July 14, 2016
    Champloo
    Champloo said:

I'm just curious if "Nullifies all conditions of all regions" stat will be required in future content.
    Being on a pet... i think this is more for the spider webs / ice patch slow effects.

Flying mounts later on get effected by weather... making them slower, less energy and fly much lower than max.
  • LyoteLyote
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 755
    edited July 14, 2016
    Welp, 13 boxes and i got the Heroic Chieftain.
    Yes, i fed 64AUD into KKs for some Elluns to do that along with my stack of Elluns i had previously.

I think they need to adjust the chances across the board though. In 13 boxes i ended up with:
    1x Fairy
    1x Hunter
    1x Heroic Chieftain
    2x Raider
    5x Fighter
    3x Ryno Guard

Seems like the chance to get a Fighter might be a touch higher than the other ones, which could be a bad thing as I'm fairly sure its pretty much worthless to magic classes. Though i guess maybe you could just seal and sell them.

I was kinda hoping it'd be an even chance for the different Elites, would suck if they made one of them more common than the others.
    SethGure
  • DadetsDadets
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 100
    edited July 14, 2016
    this pets are totally useless they adding +25% str to your base stat (not including gear) so it's around 12 str .joke
  • SethGureSethGure
    edited July 14, 2016
    Dadets
    Dadets said:

this pets are totally useless they adding +25% str to your base stat (not including gear) so it's around 12 str .joke
    I have 823 strength ,so 25% is huge.
  • LyoteLyote
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 755
    edited July 14, 2016
    Dadets
    Dadets said:

That sounds a lot like a bug more than intentional design.
  • H3LLORDH3LLORD
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 1,405
    edited July 14, 2016
    SethGure
    SethGure said:

Dadets
    Dadets said:

thats not your base stats, remove all your items and see your strength, then its increase by the %.

• DadetsDadets
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 100
    edited July 14, 2016
    SethGure
    SethGure said:

Dadets
    Dadets said:

base stat is without your gear for example my sin 25 lvl base str 59 with pet is 74 so I just +15 str. with gear or without it still will be +15 str

• SethGureSethGure
    edited July 14, 2016
    H3LLORD
    H3LLORD said:

SethGure
    SethGure said:

Dadets
    Dadets said:

thats not your base stats, remove all your items and see your strength, then its increase by the %.

OO ,i thought it's your strength not the base strength or stat ,because that's what it actually says (25% strength increase).
  • KaiarraKaiarra
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 3,470
    edited July 14, 2016
    So nice of them to give us Elite pets with the Founder Pack and Heroic pets in their cash shop RNG boxes. I really appreciate it!

Just waiting for them to add the RNG cash shop boxes with heroic/legendary mounts now.
    NPfromME
  • NPfromMENPfromME
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 960
    edited July 14, 2016
    Kaiarra
    Kaiarra said:

So nice of them to give us Elite pets with the Founder Pack and Heroic pets in their cash shop RNG boxes. I really appreciate it!

Just waiting for them to add the RNG cash shop boxes with legendary mounts now.
    @Kaiarra
    People are gonna gamble their money on these Luck Boxes to get Legendary mounts :))) how stupid ! Dragon's Prophet is far from a F2P game but at least you know that if you are gonna buy a specific dragon from the in-game marketplace or web store you are going to get it.But these Luck Boxes are a scam, it's not enough that people will probably pay quite some money to get Legendary mounts but now they won't be even sure if they will get it !? LOL