[ATTN NEW RIDERS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Mages are ridicules OP, Nerf them...

Comments

• BlessedUpBlessedUp
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 535
    edited July 15, 2016
    iHero
    iHero said:

sarcasm
    sarcasm said:

i don't believe that balancing based on level 25 content is the best idea.
    yes but also, i dont think RELEASING the game with only level 25 is a good idea, this IS our endgame for now.
    It's nothing wrong with releasing a game with lvl 25 cap @ihero

• SethGureSethGure
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 7,750
    edited July 15, 2016
    Anzriel
    Anzriel said:

SethGure
    SethGure said:

@Sark Well maybe i missplaced the word support ,you see berzerkers are better off keeping a target CC'ed(and they can keep them cc'ed for about a minute xD) for a wizard to easily one shot ,And with your 3.2k dps zerker still isn't capable of doing as much damage a wizard with half that dps would do ,So in that sense when it comes to group pvp ,i.e 5v5 to Guild v Guild ,it's much better if a berzerker stuns ,and keeps the enemy lines cc'ed instead of focusing on dealing "DPS" (that's what i said in my first post.)
    Sark
    Sark said:

Who said wizard should be pvp king? Assassin are ok as they are right now. Mobile and good damage.
    I am pretty sure the game description describe the berserk as DD class, i am playing as berserk and my dps right now is 3.2k.
    I have no idea how many mmo games you played, but berserks are DD's, not support.

There is nothing wrong with the melee classes. The healer is pretty fine as well.

I just don't understand why wizard 1 shot player with 81%+ magical defense resistance. This is insane!!
    There damage is out of control, also they have 2 teleports with low CD which get even lower with CD reduction. Again this is insane as well.
    Even with lvl35 gear and items and skill players will run around with 85-90% magical defense which means again 1 shot from wizards.

Maybe the magic defense does not apply at all? Who knows, the thing everyone know is that wizard need a nerf hammer in there face.
    Kings of pvp? ! i doubt it ,wizards can easily be killed by an assassin with barely any enhanced equipment ,and when fighting guardians they have a hard time since their fire and ice balls don't one shot guardians ,and again guardians can just spam the chain ,which will even keep interrupting them ,coupling those things with how squishy wizards are it's GG ,Moreover a zerker still has a handful ways of dealing with wizards in a solo duel (1v1) ,So i won't declare that wizards are kings of anything yet.
    No, no. Clearly you don't know how an MMO forum works. Someone loses a duel in open beta before we even have a fraction of the content, then instantly calls for nerfs without first seeing if there is another way to beat the class rather than spacking their face into a keyboard over and over again. None of this "there are ways to kill this OP class" here mister.

I'm not saying balance is great at the moment, it clearly isn't, but don't expect rage-posts to really be accurate. Especially a rage-post this early on with level 25 content.
    Is what you said directed to me or Sark?! ,because i don't see how any of what you said applies to me.1
  • SarkSark
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 1,960
    edited July 15, 2016
    Maybe its too early for nerf hammer but still mages rock all other classes.
    I am Mage user and so far i am able to 1-2 skills everything.

The melee classes are the easier to deal with, just drop 2 aoe skills before the duel start and
    spam them with range skills, if they enter in your aoe radios they get instant knockdown,
    if they stay and wait for the AOE's to finish then they will ear a big fireball and die again.

Using this tactic always works vs all melee classes. At the end the winner is Mage.
    The class is simply broken.
  • ChamplooChamploo
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 1,765
    edited July 16, 2016
    Sark
    Sark said:

The melee classes are the easier to deal with, just drop 2 aoe skills before the duel start and
    spam them with range skills, if they enter in your aoe radios they get instant knockdown,
    if they stay and wait for the AOE's to finish then they will ear a big fireball and die again.

Using this tactic always works vs all melee classes. At the end the winner is Mage.
    Its already been stated this game is NOT balanced around level 25 or 1v1s.
  • SarkSark
    edited July 16, 2016
    Champloo
    Champloo said:

Sark
    Sark said:

Yeah until someone decide to make a 1v1 tournament and all top 5 players are playing with mages lol
  • AtroxiiAtroxii
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 530
    edited July 16, 2016
    I hope you all realize the game is balanced for endgame... lvl 25 is not endgame ... wait until level 40-60 and it will balance out more.
  • SemeSeme
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 1,905
    edited July 16, 2016
    Priest > Mage.
    Easily
  • ErdehelErdehel
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 300
    edited July 16, 2016
    Well I play a mage - I always play mages when they are available. He is lvl 17 and has a hard time to survive in certain situations. It is not always possible to keep at distance and he could as well play naked as his gear is just there so he doesn't get cold. I've seen powerful mages killed in a few strokes and I've seen powerful mages kill in a few strokes. Seems balanced enough for me. Must I also remind that the mage is described as 'very hard' in the character creation screen and he surely is for a lot of players.
  • AnzrielAnzriel
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 1,135
    edited July 16, 2016
    SethGure
    SethGure said:

Anzriel
    Anzriel said:

SethGure
    SethGure said:

@Sark Well maybe i missplaced the word support ,you see berzerkers are better off keeping a target CC'ed(and they can keep them cc'ed for about a minute xD) for a wizard to easily one shot ,And with your 3.2k dps zerker still isn't capable of doing as much damage a wizard with half that dps would do ,So in that sense when it comes to group pvp ,i.e 5v5 to Guild v Guild ,it's much better if a berzerker stuns ,and keeps the enemy lines cc'ed instead of focusing on dealing "DPS" (that's what i said in my first post.)
    Sark
    Sark said:

Who said wizard should be pvp king? Assassin are ok as they are right now. Mobile and good damage.
    I am pretty sure the game description describe the berserk as DD class, i am playing as berserk and my dps right now is 3.2k.
    I have no idea how many mmo games you played, but berserks are DD's, not support.

There is nothing wrong with the melee classes. The healer is pretty fine as well.

I just don't understand why wizard 1 shot player with 81%+ magical defense resistance. This is insane!!
    There damage is out of control, also they have 2 teleports with low CD which get even lower with CD reduction. Again this is insane as well.
    Even with lvl35 gear and items and skill players will run around with 85-90% magical defense which means again 1 shot from wizards.

Maybe the magic defense does not apply at all? Who knows, the thing everyone know is that wizard need a nerf hammer in there face.
    Kings of pvp? ! i doubt it ,wizards can easily be killed by an assassin with barely any enhanced equipment ,and when fighting guardians they have a hard time since their fire and ice balls don't one shot guardians ,and again guardians can just spam the chain ,which will even keep interrupting them ,coupling those things with how squishy wizards are it's GG ,Moreover a zerker still has a handful ways of dealing with wizards in a solo duel (1v1) ,So i won't declare that wizards are kings of anything yet.
    No, no. Clearly you don't know how an MMO forum works. Someone loses a duel in open beta before we even have a fraction of the content, then instantly calls for nerfs without first seeing if there is another way to beat the class rather than spacking their face into a keyboard over and over again. None of this "there are ways to kill this OP class" here mister.

I'm not saying balance is great at the moment, it clearly isn't, but don't expect rage-posts to really be accurate. Especially a rage-post this early on with level 25 content.
    Is what you said directed to me or Sark?! ,because i don't see how any of what you said applies to me.1
    I was making a joke based off you providing constructive criticism of a whine post. lol
    Sark
    Sark said:

Champloo
    Champloo said:

Sark
    Sark said:

Yeah until someone decide to make a 1v1 tournament and all top 5 players are playing with mages lol
    Well if it's player created content they have little responsibility to balance around that, especially at 25. If we get some more levels and something like that happens, then it's time for red flags to go up and make some major changes. Right now since duels are all that's implemented I don't see them worrying much about it. Actually if the game itself is built more for GvG they may never worry overly much about it. It really depends on the direction they want to take the game. It'd be nice to see them balance a bit for both sides of pvp though. Large and small scale both.
  • Gomly1980Gomly1980
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 530
    edited July 16, 2016
    Please tell me this isn't going to be another MMO with nerfs based on PvP crying?

No, I don't play Wizard, i'm on a Priest. I don't think anything needs nerfing yet. I certainly don't want PvP to dictate what does and doesn't get nerfed.

I've played far too many MMO's where classes get royally screwed over in PvE due to people whining about them in PvP.
  • PeaceFullGirlPeaceFullGirl
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 630
    edited July 16, 2016
    Sark
    Sark said:

let me say this I'll rckt u with my assassin I don't know where the u got "mage is op". As my class I can dash grapple hook then spending blades for the kill. The skill kill
    edited July 16, 2016
    3 skill kill*
  • SarkSark
    edited July 16, 2016
    Atroxii
    Atroxii said:

I hope you all realize the game is balanced for endgame... lvl 25 is not endgame ... wait until level 40-60 and it will balance out more.
    I know that but no-one want to duel with wizard right now because they are OP.
    PeaceFullGirl

Sark
    Sark said:

let me say this I'll rckt u with my assassin I don't know where the u got "mage is op". As my class I can dash grapple hook then spending blades for the kill. The skill kill
    There are 2 situations here:

- You get inside the aoe area and you get instant knockdown and then dead
    - You use dash and hook, but you dont realize that way you stun the mage for 1.5-2 seconds and the mage will be able to use the brake
    in order to escape and watching you how you die from the aoe.

No fear, no slow and no mana shield will be required.

I have tested it versus some pretty good assassins with over 4k dps and they can't even scratch me.
    Actually dealing with ASA is maybe the easier that any other melee classes, because they dont have fear or chain (pull) skills.
    edited July 16, 2016
    Lol they must be crazy it's about timing when u aeoing I'll just dash to dodge the spells xD and wait to attack while all ur spells is in cool down xD that's my other tactics
  • SarkSark
    edited July 16, 2016
    PeaceFullGirl

Lol they must be crazy it's about timing when u aeoing I'll just dash to dodge the spells xD and wait to attack while all ur spells is in cool down xD that's my other tactics
    the aoe skill last for 3-5 seconds, i can simply stay inside the aoe radius like a pro and nuke you with range skills.
  • iJustAmiJustAm
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 2,045
    edited August 1, 2016
    mages are op i agree but assassins are broken, their flash strike used to be able to be hit by meteors/stuns/ etc etc but now it just teleports through even if meteors are raining down, assassins can teleport strike through everything every aoe on the field and combo you, its dumb lol

tho im not saying assassins can beat mages, cause mages can toy around with any class they want, in the hands of a proper user, doesn't matter who is using assassin, with the right combo assassins are pzy