[ATTN NEW RIDERS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Plush Wolf skin... really??

ZahinTheSoulEaterZahinTheSoulEater
Riders of Icarus Rep: 1,245
edited August 20, 2016 in Mount Collection and Combat
Ok so I saw they added some new skins to the appropriate tab in the bestiary, there are some nice looking ones but also an ugly as hell 'Plush Wolf' one which is a Legendary skin (4star).
That thing is even worse than the dumb Shiring class so I feel we need to have a poll for this skin too.
Plush Wolf skin does not fit into the whole style/look of the game at all.

@Cuddlewings @Cream

1. How do you feel about the Plush Wolf skin?63 votes
    1. It's a complete and utter abomination
       16% (10 votes)
    2. Hate it
       6% (4 votes)
    3. Don't really mind it
       16% (10 votes)
    4. It's alright
       16% (10 votes)
    5. Love it
       46% (29 votes)

Comments

• KoreanKorean
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 1,655
    edited August 19, 2016
    Did you forget that this was originally a KOREAN MMO? Not sure if they're all cutesy like Japan but I know that they definitely put stuff like that in their games. It's cute and fun, stop being so negative before we get nothing but generic re-skinned typical Dragons <.<
    jetty0
  • ZahinTheSoulEaterZahinTheSoulEater
    edited August 19, 2016
    Korean
    Korean said:

Did you forget that this was originally a KOREAN MMO? Not sure if they're all cutesy like Japan but I know that they definitely put stuff like that in their games. It's cute and fun, stop being so negative before we get nothing but generic re-skinned typical Dragons <.<</p>
    They've actually added some rather unique decent looking skins, we aren't Korean or Japanese, if they keep everything the same as the Korean version a lot of people will eventually get fed up with the look of things and just go find something else to play - especially on top of the issues we're currently experiencing.

P.S. It was obvious when I saw the notification that you'd commented that you were going to be defending that ugly skin.
    Pandarkvador
  • KoreanKorean
    edited August 19, 2016
    ZahinTheSoulEater

Korean
    Korean said:

Did you forget that this was originally a KOREAN MMO? Not sure if they're all cutesy like Japan but I know that they definitely put stuff like that in their games. It's cute and fun, stop being so negative before we get nothing but generic re-skinned typical Dragons <.<</p>
    They've actually added some rather unique decent looking skins, we aren't Korean or Japanese, if they keep everything the same as the Korean version a lot of people will eventually get fed up with the look of things and just go find something else to play - especially on top of the issues we're currently experiencing.

P.S. It was obvious when I saw the notification that you'd commented that you were going to be defending that ugly skin.
    No one is going to get fed up with the game because of a skin. Go name an MMORPG that doesn't implement cute despite not fitting and look how many people complain about it, you're one in a million bud. To each their own I guess, some people lack creativity and/or optimism (✿◠‿◠)/, and complaining about a skin is one thing, actual issues are another. Stay on topic dammit I'm defending a cute skin here I didn't come here to argue with someone that brings up overused statements <_>

edited August 19, 2016
    Korean
    Korean said:

ZahinTheSoulEater

Korean
    Korean said:

No one is going to get fed up with the game because of a skin. Go name an MMORPG that doesn't implement cute despite not fitting and look how many people complain about it, you're one in a million bud. To each their own I guess, some people lack creativity and/or optimism (✿◠‿◠)

There are actually quite a few MMOs I played back in the day when MMOs were rather successful that didn't implement skins etc that look extremely bad/well... Asian. It's down to personal preference, people from that part of the world may love stuff like that in their game, the west... ehh... not so much.

Basically you're saying people that don't like extremely childish looking things in their games lack creativity and optimism.. Ok then.. If you don't like the wests creativity etc why aren't you playing the Korean version exactly? :)
    Pandarkvador
  • DwemeriDwemeri
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 710
    edited August 19, 2016
    I find several of the other skins boring/ugly, but I simply don't use them. I don't campaign for them to be removed from the game because that's just silly.
    jetty0
  • KoreanKorean
    edited August 19, 2016
    ZahinTheSoulEater

Korean
    Korean said:

ZahinTheSoulEater

Korean
    Korean said:

No one is going to get fed up with the game because of a skin. Go name an MMORPG that doesn't implement cute despite not fitting and look how many people complain about it, you're one in a million bud. To each their own I guess, some people lack creativity and/or optimism (✿◠‿◠)

There are actually quite a few MMOs I played back in the day when MMOs were rather successful that didn't implement skins etc that look extremely bad/well... Asian. It's down to personal preference, people from that part of the world may love stuff like that in their game, the west... ehh... not so much.

Basically you're saying people that don't like extremely childish looking things in their games lack creativity and optimism.. Ok then.. If you don't like the wests creativity etc why aren't you playing the Korean version exactly? :)
    You're a whole new breed of dummy aren't ya. First of all, there's an IP block and I'm not willing to go through the effort to get around it otherwise I'd LOVE to, second of all, be happy we can even play it in the west so shut up and take the cute stuff we get, and notice I said "NAME" an MMORPG that didn't do that. I've played em all sir I'll prove you wrong as soon as you pull up a name :). And how are you gonna complain that we have all these "issues" yet expect Nexon to come up with their own skins while solving them for us. You're the definition of ignorance ugh this argument is less fun than I thought it would be.
  • JaosnJaosn
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 1,335
    edited August 19, 2016
    Why aren't you playing BDO then? This game is pure fantasy.
    Korean
  • RhyavRhyav
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 5,140
    edited August 19, 2016
    I LOVE IT. I dislike the Pegasus Plushies, even the Dolphin Plushies. But I LOVE this one.
  • AbunaiAbunai
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 1,215
    edited August 19, 2016
    Oh shut up, you're really gonna complain about a skin that is likely gonna be cash shop anyway boohoohoo i dont like something pls dont it breaks immersion QQ i want skins to appeal to only m specifically. Don't be such a baby You can not like something like this, that's fine; everyone as an opinion but to be so upset over it that you had to come on forums and complain about it is just plain childish.
  • JackofBladesJackofBlades
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 660
    edited August 20, 2016
    Personal tastes, I guess... but people that leave an MMO for mounts and pets skins... let me tell that is just simply ridiculous...

There are characters in game with heads ten times bigger than the body, other so little that is nearly invisible...

Make it clear what you mean, when say "Plush Wolf skin does not fit into the whole style/look of the game at all", because, at the moment, seem that you don't look very well around during your gaming.

Enjoy ^^
  • TimeSeerTimeSeer
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 2,650
    edited August 20, 2016
    Myself, I'm sort of... Neutral on it, I suppose? I don't see this skin as being worse than the Idol class(with Idol, the sparkles and pink and glitter and panty shots aren't optional and the sound effects are just ugh) but I can agree it doesn't fit the overall aesthetic. I'm not too worried about it though considering it will likely be a cash shop item, so you won't see too many people running around with it.
    Sasaan
    edited August 20, 2016
    Dwemeri
    Dwemeri said:

I find several of the other skins boring/ugly, but I simply don't use them. I don't campaign for them to be removed from the game because that's just silly.
    We have discussions on classes not being implemented because they're way too Asian, why not the same for skins? No one in game has this skin yet so it's not like anyone loses anything
    Pandarkvador
    edited August 20, 2016
    Korean
    Korean said:

ZahinTheSoulEater

Korean
    Korean said:

ZahinTheSoulEater

Korean
    Korean said:

You're a whole new breed of dummy aren't ya. First of all, there's an IP block and I'm not willing to go through the effort to get around it otherwise I'd LOVE to, second of all, be happy we can even play it in the west so shut up and take the cute stuff we get, and notice I said "NAME" an MMORPG that didn't do that. I've played em all sir I'll prove you wrong as soon as you pull up a name :). And how are you gonna complain that we have all these "issues" yet expect Nexon to come up with their own skins while solving them for us. You're the definition of ignorance ugh this argument is less fun than I thought it would be.
    Of course it's not fun, you're not intelligent enough for an argument to be fun. This typical thing isn't generally accepted in the west, perhaps you're against free speech? WoW didn't have this kind of crap, PWI, many others, who knows perhaps over the years they have added them, certainly didn't have this stuff in their prime but then the quality of MMOs has gone down over the years - a fact many would agree with.
    edited August 20, 2016
    JackofBlades

Personal tastes, I guess... but people that leave an MMO for mounts and pets skins... let me tell that is just simply ridiculous...

There are characters in game with heads ten times bigger than the body, other so little that is nearly invisible...

Make it clear what you mean, when say "Plush Wolf skin does not fit into the whole style/look of the game at all", because, at the moment, seem that you don't look very well around during your gaming.

Enjoy ^^
    Not saying they'd quit PURELY because of a skin, consider all of the issues in this game, and then having to see weird skins constantly if this becomes a trend for the game - which it will - one more issue could be enough to make people quit.
    What you say about character looks is indeed true, luckily most people don't run around with a retarded character.
  • CreamCream
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 22,235
    Forum Moderator, Council Member
    edited August 22, 2016
    First let's all take this conversation down a notch no need for name calling or personal attacks.

While I do like the look of the skin I don't like how it makes no sense in the game. I don't mind if I get it free but I won't spend money buying it. I do respect others opinions about how they like it and the others that don't as well.

I guess I am 50% on this specific subject but I can say I didn't liked the announcements for mecha skins but I have to be honest I bought them just to try and I love them both. Maybe is just a get use to it and if not don't pay attention to them I doubt it will be the new spammed fashion style in game anyways.

Have a nice day!
  • BombaclaadBombaclaad
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 900
    edited August 22, 2016
    Shut up and take my money Nexon!
  • RhyavRhyav
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 5,140
    edited August 22, 2016
    I don't understand why people have a problem with something they don't like being in a game but others love it. I HATE the Mecha skins there are, I wish the Loli class that will come at some point didn't even exist but I understand others may like either things, so good for them, I'm not forced to use either.

I'd understand if you were upset for a feature such as Tera's Ninja class which is locked to be an underage girl wearing a skirt, because if you want to use that type of class, you HAVE to be that little girl... but you aren't forced to have the wolf.

I love it :D
  • GriselbrandGriselbrand
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 875
    edited August 22, 2016
    ZahinTheSoulEater

Of course it's not fun, you're not intelligent enough for an argument to be fun. This typical thing isn't generally accepted in the west, perhaps you're against free speech? WoW didn't have this kind of crap, PWI, many others, who knows perhaps over the years they have added them, certainly didn't have this stuff in their prime but then the quality of MMOs has gone down over the years - a fact many would agree with.

All bow before our overlord who represents everyone's feelings in the west. How could such an individual hold so much immense knowledge in such a human-like skull oh please great one enlighten us to the feelings of all westerners that you seem to be able to represent. Just because something from another region in the world in this instance Asia is different from what you personally do not find appealing I see no reason why an individual of Asian decent living in the west who would find this skin appealing should be robbed of something only because the great overlord of the west decided that he didn't like something and therefore it could not coexist with his great presence in the same space. Now I don't have any idea how one may obtain this skin but im almost positive that no matter what even if they gave it away for free you don't HAVE to use it. You would not be forced to say "man this skin gives me +1000000000000 Health but it ugly so click 'destroy object'' if you don't want to use it or even have it then by under no means is anyone forcing you to it is entirely your choice and if it Triggers you so much that it is in the game then you should probably not be on the internet in the first place because it is not a friendly place for people who want everything to be suited to them. Just my 2 cents on this ridiculous thread but hey who am I to judge after all it is only My opinion and has no real-life impact on anyone else.

P.S. I personally have no opinion about this skin if I got it i'd probably still use my Mecha one because of my personal interests but I would not berate and belittle others who wanted to have it and use it I would simply say to them "More power to ya"
  • sunnissunnis
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 840
    edited August 25, 2016
    ZahinTheSoulEater

Ok so I saw they added some new skins to the appropriate tab in the bestiary, there are some nice looking ones but also an ugly as hell 'Plush Wolf' one which is a Legendary skin (4star).
    That thing is even worse than the dumb Shiring class so I feel we need to have a poll for this skin too.
    Plush Wolf skin does not fit into the whole style/look of the game at all.

@Cuddlewings @Cream

u can look into wow style it is like dragon everywhere and they never stop with dragons in every raid it is always a dragon so this skin isnt so bad even it is a cute plushie instead of a puking dragon.
  • SasaanSasaan
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 4,055
    edited August 26, 2016
    I don't mind the plushie all that much. It isn't repulsive to me like the Idol class (which wouldn't be bad if there wasn't a chance at panties being flashed or ridiculous armors like the armors of the females of the 5 other classes already wear)