[ATTN NEW RIDERS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Ellun Question

nitroman714nitroman714
Riders of Icarus Rep: 540
edited May 11, 2016 in General Chat
Is there going to be a way to share the Ellun with any of your alts? After spending $90 on the game I would hate to have to also buy Ellun on an alt to be able to purchase a pet/mount slot. Thanks for any info..

Comments

• SporticasSporticas
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 1,930
    edited May 11, 2016
    The Ellun gift boxes (from Founders Packs) will only be given to your first character created on the account.

Source: http://icarus.nexon.net/en/founders

Move your mouse over the Ellun Box in any of the Founders Packs and you will see the description.

Hope that answers your question!
  • Kraven1066Kraven1066
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 1,080
    edited May 11, 2016
    Yes we know the ellun box will go to the first character created. But can you share that ellun with alts or do we have to buy more for our alts?
  • nitroman714nitroman714
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 540
    edited May 11, 2016
    Sporticas
    Sporticas said:

The Ellun gift boxes (from Founders Packs) will only be given to your first character created on the account.

Source: http://icarus.nexon.net/en/founders

Move your mouse over the Ellun Box in any of the Founders Packs and you will see the description.

Hope that answers your question!
    Yes I know that the Ellun Box is given to your first character that is why I asked if you can "Share" the Ellun with your alts. It just does not seem fair to spend this kind of money and not be able to at least transfer some of the Ellun to one of your alts if they need some to buy an extra mount/pet slot etc... Did not know if the Ellun is bound to the character or if you can mail it to another alt within your account. Thanks for any info..
  • SporticasSporticas
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 1,930
    edited May 11, 2016
    This is the only other information I could find from the FAQ section that could apply:
    Are the items in the Founder's Pack tradable? Can any of the items be made tradable by an in-game item?
    All items in the Founder’s Pack are non-tradeable.
    In the last closed beta I tried to mail Ellun and a few other non-tradeable items to a test character I created on the same account and it would not let me "share" it in game because it was non-tradeable. I could also not sell it on auction either (which makes sense). I did not see any other features that allowed sharing of Ellun.

I do agree and think Ellun should be account wide not character specific though.
    RumbaManLuluWillhelminaSuchAngerRebeldawgMvP
  • Kraven1066Kraven1066
    edited May 11, 2016
    Yes Ellun should be account wide! I love the game but if i have to buy Ellun for all my alts this is a deal breaker!
  • Takezo_KenseiTakezo_Kensei
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 1,225
    edited May 11, 2016
    Agreed account wide no need to force buy for every single account.
    RumbaManMvP
  • LegionerLegioner
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 3,060
    edited May 12, 2016
    Even if they wanted to, I don't think they can edit that. Ellun is integrated in the game system as an item ( items?) that take space in your inventory! So it's impossible to have it account wide because it's stored in the inventory of the character
    Cream
  • TheChaosLegendTheChaosLegend
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 4,130
    edited May 12, 2016
    Legioner
    Legioner said:

Even if they wanted to, I don't think they can edit that. Ellun is integrated in the game system as an item ( items?) that take space in your inventory! So it's impossible to have it account wide because it's stored in the inventory of the character
    It wouldn't be too difficult to make it trade-able across your account. Also there are other ways such as it could be same "item" on all of your characters, just the value changes across all characters as it is used.

As a side note, I don't understand the point of it being an item?? Since its a currency that can't be traded so why make it waste up one of our valuable inventory slots??
    CreamPerjureRebeldawgElkin
  • JhaycenJhaycen
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 6,020
    edited May 12, 2016
    I'm not going to play armchair developer and claim that this would be an easy change, but I know that its at least possible since I've seen several other MMOs which originally had various types of barter currency start as character-bound inventory items and later transition those items to be stored in an account-wide "wallet".
  • Kraven1066Kraven1066
    edited May 12, 2016
    Totally agree on this. Me and Nitroman714 the OP are real life friends and have been on mmo's since ultima online. I have played them all and never liked the free to play model. If I really like a game I don't mind paying for it. We got in the beta and really loved the game that's why we dropped the $90 on the game. I left Dragons prophet because of the constant nickel and dimeing you at every turn. Please don't turn this into a game like that. I would be willing to buy more ellun for my alts if the ellun was account wide or tradeable to alts on your account. But I will not buy it for every alt I have! So in the long run this is gonna hurt them from making more money on the game.
    CreamSporticas
  • Kraven1066Kraven1066
    edited May 12, 2016
    Can we get a dev to respond?
  • CreamCream
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 22,310
    Forum Moderator, Council Member
    edited May 12, 2016
    @Kraven1066

RoI developer is WeMade and currently you have to utilize the support portal to send tickets or tech support related questions.
    LegionerRumbaManTakezo_KenseiPerjure
  • Kraven1066Kraven1066
    edited May 12, 2016
    k thx
  • Kraven1066Kraven1066
    edited May 13, 2016
    Ellun needs to be account wide. Plan and simple. The game is awesome but I shouldn't have to buy Ellun for all my Characters.
    RumbaMan
  • SuchAngerSuchAnger
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 3,225
    edited May 15, 2016
    @Xircon Hi
    Then make the daily quest Ellun bound to the character that did the daily quest and the real money Ellun accountwide. I know a few games that do/did that. So it's not totally impossible.
    CreamRumbaManSethGure
  • CreamCream
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 22,310
    Forum Moderator, Council Member
    edited May 15, 2016
    @SuchAnger

That option is totally agreeable I can see that as a possible solution for most nonconformist among the community. AWESOME input!!!
  • SuchAngerSuchAnger
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 3,225
    edited May 15, 2016
    @Cream Hi
    Thanks!
  • Kraven1066Kraven1066
    edited May 15, 2016
    I want to spend money on the market and buy ellun. If my characters need it. I just don't want to have to buy it for all my alts. Lets say 200 ellun is $20 why should I have to spend $20 on all my alts. I should be able to send some to the other alts at time of purchase or from the box you get your purchases from.
  • LegionerLegioner
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 3,060
    edited May 15, 2016
    Kraven1066

I want to spend money on the market and buy ellun. If my characters need it. I just don't want to have to buy it for all my alts. Lets say 200 ellun is $20 why should I have to spend $20 on all my alts. I should be able to send some to the other alts at time of purchase or from the box you get your purchases from.
    I agree with you, i am just saying its really hard to do that, if not impossible.

Cream
  • Kraven1066Kraven1066
    edited May 15, 2016
    I have really high hopes for the game! And I bought the $90 legendary founders pack. But I will not spend more money on it if I have to buy ellun for all my alts. And the game will not make as much money as it could have. Still gonna play it and enjoy the game:)