[ATTN NEW RIDERS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
Closed

World bosses are officially ruined.

SethGureSethGure
Riders of Icarus Rep: 7,750
Posts: 1,302
Member
edited September 10, 2016 in General Chat
Few days ago nexon made it so that player(s) either in a group ,or solo need to at least hit 5% of the total hp of the world boss to get a box. This didn't only ruin the world bosses It also made it impossible for group of any size to get drops (exceptions: 10man raid ,and highly geared ). To illustrate ,if total of 80 players(which is low compared to the number of ppl showed of for the last boss ) show up for a certain world boss ,and are composed of 20 groups (parties ,raids etc..) how can each group do five percentage ? It's nearly impossible. There will always be that good group that does 10-15% which results in two groups not getting a box etc.....etc.....

I can sit here ,and talk about why this is a ludicrous idea ,and should be reverted. But for gods sake do something. Players with exceptional gear are having difficulty getting more than one box. What about the ones who don't have good gear ,and are showing up with the mindset they can get a box ,or something......
  1. REvert this ?!14 votes
    1. REvert it.
       50% (7 votes)
    2. REvert it :D
       50% (7 votes)

Comments

  • ArThorSArThorS
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 1,585
    Posts: 12
    Member
    edited September 10, 2016
    Still it is better than before the patch in any way. Perhaps it needs an improvement, but it is harder to fully monopolize world bosses now.
    ValenoresLucyfer_LightbringerShadow_AlchemistKonishiSeelenwolfPandarkvadorAizyrOctoberStormBobTheBlobPhyreite
  • SasaanSasaan
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 4,055
    Posts: 740
    Member
    edited September 10, 2016
    So...you like it where only one group can monopolize a world boss? On my server, there's two guilds that have been monopolizing Ashuram and no one else has a chance to get anything from him. And no, we could not wait until another time to do it or go to a different channel, because they'd just change to the other channel and take it from us yet again. And we had a full 10 man raid going on.

    Now, you should just get into a group and do a lot of dmg to the boss. They should maybe tweak it a bit, maybe. But I like this more than it was before the change. Gives other people incentive to help the larger groups instead of just standing there doing nothing because there's no reason to damage the boss when only the large group will get the loot.
    Valenores
  • ReleRele
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 2,850
    Posts: 395
    Member
    edited September 10, 2016
    It is indeed better now than befor, but Sethgure is right that with 5% for 1 box and the amount of ppl appearing its just stupid,
    maybe make it :
    1% to 5% 1 box
    5% to 12 % 2 boxes
    12% to 25% 3 boxes
    25% to 50% 4 boxes
    above 50% 5 boxes
    SethGureCorevusSuchAngerKamauTimeSeerLucyfer_LightbringerShadow_AlchemistPandarkvadoriJustAmAizyrand 2 others.
  • SethGureSethGure
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 7,750
    Posts: 1,302
    Member
    edited September 10, 2016
    ArThorS
    ArThorS said:

    Still it is better than before the patch in any way. Perhaps it needs an improvement, but it is harder to fully monopolize world bosses now.
    To be honest with you It's not better than the last patch ,and yes i do agree that this needs improvements. Perhaps increasing the overall hp of the world bosses by 500% or perhaps 1000%,
    Sasaan
    Sasaan said:

    So...you like it where only one group can monopolize a world boss? On my server, there's two guilds that have been monopolizing Ashuram and no one else has a chance to get anything from him. And no, we could not wait until another time to do it or go to a different channel, because they'd just change to the other channel and take it from us yet again. And we had a full 10 man raid going on.

    Now, you should just get into a group and do a lot of dmg to the boss. They should maybe tweak it a bit, maybe. But I like this more than it was before the change. Gives other people incentive to help the larger groups instead of just standing there doing nothing because there's no reason to damage the boss when only the large group will get the loot.
    I understand that monoplizing world bosses is horrible ,and certain group in the whole server taking over the world bosses is something bad. But this system they have implemented isn't any better. Before the patch few players in the server managed to get drops. Now barely anyone does because bosses aren't strong enough. again maybe making the total hp of the world bosses 1000% more will give ppl a chance to atleast do 5% of the bosses :)
    Rele
    Rele said:

    It is indeed better now than befor, but Sethgure is right that with 5% for 1 box and the amount of ppl appearing its just stupid,
    maybe make it :
    1% to 5% 1 box
    5% to 12 % 2 boxes
    12% to 25% 3 boxes
    25% to 50% 4 boxes
    above 50% 5 boxes
    This also could fix the issue.
  • SasaanSasaan
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 4,055
    Posts: 740
    Member
    edited September 10, 2016
    Yeah, I agree with Rele. I did say tweak it a bit in my post. :) But give everyone a chance to get something rather than some large guild that monopolizes everything.
    SethGureSuchAngerTimeSeerPandarkvador
  • HaerionHaerion
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 2,405
    Posts: 152
    Member
    edited September 10, 2016
    It should just be treatet as in almost all other mmo's that have "public world bosses" - each and every player gets loot based on his activity (not damage.. i mean ACTIVITY so healers get their fair share of it too) during the fight.
    as 20 healers spamming only 1 tank will not work if you just count the heal done, it has to be calculated at the "full" range of heal spells - their damage and their full heal value.
    no, i am not playing a priest, but i know how healers have been stripped off in other mmos that only counted the damage done.

    your chance on heroic/legendary loot is just based on
    - have you been in combat 100% of the fight time?
    - did you die during the fight?
    - how much _action_ did you do (means, healing done and taken, damage done and taken ... both)
    KrewTimeSeerPandarkvadorBunjiKugashiraLmao
  • SasaanSasaan
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 4,055
    Posts: 740
    Member
    edited September 10, 2016
    Haerion
    Haerion said:

    It should just be treatet as in almost all other mmo's that have "public world bosses" - each and every player gets loot based on his activity (not damage.. i mean ACTIVITY so healers get their fair share of it too) during the fight.
    as 20 healers spamming only 1 tank will not work if you just count the heal done, it has to be calculated at the "full" range of heal spells - their damage and their full heal value.
    no, i am not playing a priest, but i know how healers have been stripped off in other mmos that only counted the damage done.

    your chance on heroic/legendary loot is just based on
    - have you been in combat 100% of the fight time?
    - did you die during the fight?
    - how much _action_ did you do (means, healing done and taken, damage done and taken ... both)
    This would also work too. In fact, I think I like this more as I'm a priest.
    Ravenwolf
  • ReleRele
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 2,850
    Posts: 395
    Member
    edited September 10, 2016
    and maybe add bonus boxes
    1 for the most aggro on the boss (counting only Guardians and the group with the best gets the chest)
    1 for group with the most healing done (same as for guardian , group with the priest that healed the most in the boss area gets it)
    1 for the 1. hit
    1 for the killing blow
    1 for the highest dmg done by a single player ( group with that player gets the box)

    that way the strongest players might still not be able to get more than 2 boxes, but they would be rewardet with the bonus boxes

    also give the bosses more cc resistence, those 10 stacks needet are a joke xD
    and +1 to the 1000% more life idea, they die faster than FK H5 bosses atm ^^
  • KrewKrew
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 1,115
    Posts: 34
    Member
    edited September 10, 2016
    Haerion
    Haerion said:

    It should just be treatet as in almost all other mmo's that have "public world bosses" - each and every player gets loot based on his activity (not damage.. i mean ACTIVITY so healers get their fair share of it too) during the fight.
    as 20 healers spamming only 1 tank will not work if you just count the heal done, it has to be calculated at the "full" range of heal spells - their damage and their full heal value.
    no, i am not playing a priest, but i know how healers have been stripped off in other mmos that only counted the damage done.

    your chance on heroic/legendary loot is just based on
    - have you been in combat 100% of the fight time?
    - did you die during the fight?
    - how much _action_ did you do (means, healing done and taken, damage done and taken ... both)
    I approve this message! They're trying to make it world bosses more available to the casual player. This would be the best bet for people who don't have a guild or friends allowing them to do so.
  • KoreanKorean
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 1,655
    Posts: 149
    Member
    edited September 10, 2016
    It's better for the smaller guilds to do dungeons together to earn money and buy from the bigger guilds than it is for everyone to almost crash and get nothing at all.
    SethGure
  • hjkhjk
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 2,105
    Posts: 589
    Member
    edited September 10, 2016
    Korean
    Korean said:

    It's better for the smaller guilds to do dungeons together to earn money and buy from the bigger guilds than it is for everyone to almost crash and get nothing at all.
    Well, the thing is, with the old loot system, small guilds were crying cuz they couldn't get any loot, now with that new system, big guilds aren't happy cuz many small groups can get loots. Tbh, idc at all which loot system we get, they are far from being perfect but we also have to adapt to the game until it gets better.
    KoreanTimeSeer
  • mandrosmandros
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 1,560
    Posts: 102
    Member
    edited September 10, 2016
    Asking for an increase in boss health will not improve the chance to get 5%. If the bosses health goes up 1000% then the amount of damage needed to attain 5% goes up 1000% as well...
    CaLewisSethGure
  • AzerykAzeryk
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 720
    Posts: 12
    Member
    edited September 10, 2016
    I like the change, gives more people a chance at some loot for their efforts.
  • Carnage6129Carnage6129
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 520
    Posts: 6
    Member
    edited September 11, 2016
    You guys need to understand though... That the more loot drops from worlds bosses... The less value all of that stuff has. The Auction house is in in shambles because of this stupid patch. Every single mark has lost its value and will continue to lose value as more marks get posted... RIP
    SethGure
  • hjkhjk
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 2,105
    Posts: 589
    Member
    edited September 11, 2016
    Carnage6129

    You guys need to understand though... That the more loot drops from worlds bosses... The less value all of that stuff has. The Auction house is in in shambles because of this stupid patch. Every single mark has lost its value and will continue to lose value as more marks get posted... RIP
    All marks lost their value because of the respawn time reduced event, not because of the loot system..
    Shadow_Alchemist
  • ValenoresValenores
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 1,495
    Posts: 155
    Member
    edited September 11, 2016
    Right now people are under the impression that if they hit the boss they will get a loot box. So if 100 people all do 1 percent of damage no one will get the loot box. Unless they're in a group of 10 or so in which case each one does 1 which equals 10 percent damage done. So which makes me wonder i thought it was a 5 person max per group to get the loot box?

    To say revert this is not the solution ... that's negligence of the core issue.
    If you:

    Randomize the spawn timers; people will still no life spawn camp it...

    Use percentage damage done to determine loot boxes; you screw tanks and healers- encourage a horde of people to do their 1 percent for nothing while at the same time encourage large zerg guilds to do as much damage as they can to lock others out of their loot.


    I think to compensate the amount of people trying to get something is to reward them based on the time spent doing something... dps, staying alive, healing, buffing... Also it doesnt not help when some world bosses drop exclusive loot.

    The bosses need better mechanics they need a clear massive AoE that unless you block/dodge/ whatever your classes defense is it you die as often as it is on cooldown. They need to be able to debuff entire groups of people to make them harder to dps, For example a group has already reached their 5 percent dps mark the boss targets that Raid/group and gives them a fear for about 5 seconds or something, Spawn mobs that target ranged dps like mages so they dont just stand there button mashing having them to balance it out actually using their defensive ability. Have mobs spawn that if those mobs are not killed when the boss hits each damage percentage threshold they become more and more numerous and insanely harder to kill loot will only drop if the mobs are taken out and they target those doing the most. So you cannot ignore the mobs and it gets harder the faster you dps it. This way people are less encouraged to lock others out of their loot.. Instead of just dps checks, it should have heal check too like an AoE, Total hp checks etc...

    Also perhaps the game could randomize the LOCATION/TIME/How many of them they are too. I would love to see a world boss in barkarr forest. Another one in the capital, mega sized ones invading the capital... something where its announced.

    This is a step in the right direction but not full proof.
    Shadow_AlchemistTimeSeerNekonomiconCaLewis
  • hjkhjk
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 2,105
    Posts: 589
    Member
    edited September 11, 2016
    Valenores
    Valenores said:



    I think to compensate the amount of people trying to get something is to reward them based on the time spent doing something... dps, staying alive, healing, buffing... Also it doesnt not help when some world bosses drop exclusive loot.

    The bosses need better mechanics they need a clear massive AoE that unless you block/dodge/ whatever your classes defense is it you die as often as it is on cooldown. They need to be able to debuff entire groups of people to make them harder to dps, For example a group has already reached their 5 percent dps mark the boss targets that Raid/group and gives them a fear for about 5 seconds or something, Spawn mobs that target ranged dps like mages so they dont just stand there button mashing having them to balance it out actually using their defensive ability. Have mobs spawn that if those mobs are not killed when the boss hits each damage percentage threshold they become more and more numerous and insanely harder to kill loot will only drop if the mobs are taken out and they target those doing the most.

    I agree bosses in this game lack of mechanics, they need more aoe/debuff attacks and non aggro attack aswell. Atm if you have good tank, you have no worries and can just dps until it dies.
  • Shadow_AlchemistShadow_Alchemist
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 2,135
    Posts: 272
    Member
    edited September 11, 2016
    Had a 10man raid doing ruthless and bismuth on all 5 channels. The second he spawns he's cc locked. (Note of course we weren't the only ones doing this lol)

    Something needs to give where they require a little more time or mechanics or something to give everyone a chance. We did the same thing for every channel and got loot ONCE from all 10 bosses.

    - side talk about marks-

    Personally the prices of marks being down is fine by me. The seal themselves are still pretty high up there. But now, at least to me, it doesn't feel so bad failing the tame. Not to mention, we are about to get new heroics that are just plain better. Which is another reason they have dropped in price.

    I.e.- why spend 300 on a terror when one is about to come out with higher stats? Of course, not everyone will want to spend the extra gold for the stats. But, players like myself, that want the highest dps (I'm a sin) I'm gonna go all out on anything I can.
  • AbunaiAbunai
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 1,215
    Posts: 63
    Member
    edited September 11, 2016
    IDK man i like the loot method, i've been getting a lot of boxes just going solo i'm enjoying my loot a lot lol i do think that they need to adjust the hp% of the bosses to be higher if theyre gonna do something like this though so that everyone has a shot at at least one box like the system had intended. not only that but now that so many players are able to get loot it has drastically decreased the price of Heroic marks making them available to even the most casual players, i like everyone being able to have a shot and i feel like overall this has just balanced things in that manner.
  • hjkhjk
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 2,105
    Posts: 589
    Member
    edited September 11, 2016
    Abunai
    Abunai said:

    IDK man i like the loot method, i've been getting a lot of boxes just going solo i'm enjoying my loot a lot lol i do think that they need to adjust the hp% of the bosses to be higher if theyre gonna do something like this though so that everyone has a shot at at least one box like the system had intended. not only that but now that so many players are able to get loot it has drastically decreased the price of Heroic marks making them available to even the most casual players, i like everyone being able to have a shot and i feel like overall this has just balanced things in that manner.
    Karresh mark was like 250-300g in akaldus before reduce time on bosses, now price is 90g. It's not wb loot that decreased heroics' marks prices, but the event. This loot system is better than the old one, but they have to adjust it.
This discussion has been closed.