[ATTN NEW RIDERS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

World Boss Timers/Alerts/Window

FahadFahad
Riders of Icarus Rep: 510
edited September 10, 2016 in Suggestions and Feedback
So, the new open-tag-percentage-based drop rates for the world bosses is awesome. (Side note, the legendary drops in dungeons, also awesome). In regards to the world bosses though, if there was some sort of Timer Object that could be moused over to show the next spawn time(Or better yet, a counter display on the floor so we could watch the final second tick down) would increase attendance and therefore competition on the world bosses, but why do we want that?

Well, In every game I've ever heard of having Guild wars as a feature, its always been a great feature for hardcore players that, when done correct, is adored. More competition over the World bosses via increase attendance due to the counter would HOPEFULLY spark some major guild wars.

Just my idea, thanks for the read.

Edited: Sadly, I cant add options to the poll but I also saw someone start a thread about a Window or Server Announcement.
Antonis
  1. How do you feel about timers for world bosses?11 votes
    1. Timer would increase guild/alliance attendance and we would like to start wars over worldbosses
       36% (4 votes)
    2. Timer would increase guild/alliance attendance but we would not like to start wars over worldbosses
       27% (3 votes)
    3. We would no timer so world bosses require planning and guild/alliance constant watches/updates/track
       27% (3 votes)
    4. Other, Please post a comment below
       9% (1 vote)

Comments

• WforWizardWforWizard
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 995
    edited September 11, 2016
    I agree that competition about the worldbosses will immensely increase if they put something like a timer on a window. It will not only help large alliances, but also small minorities who would like to stick in their small environment. Large alliances have a timer for the raid bosses anyway. It will be a great help for the rest of the server, this is my honest thought.
    Antonis
  • ReleRele
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 2,850
    As good as this idea would be, we currently already have soooooo many ppl killing them that the boss dies faster than FK H5 bosses while being perm. stunned,
    not even to talk about the loot part, (what is already being discussed in another tread)
    befor you can give the whole server such a timer, there are a good amount of things that would need to be done with the worldbosses, because if not, you got a 10 sec boss noone gets loot from.
    Antonis
  • FahadFahad
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 510
    Rele
    Rele said:

As good as this idea would be, we currently already have soooooo many ppl killing them that the boss dies faster than FK H5 bosses while being perm. stunned,
    not even to talk about the loot part, (what is already being discussed in another tread)
    befor you can give the whole server such a timer, there are a good amount of things that would need to be done with the worldbosses, because if not, you got a 10 sec boss noone gets loot from.
    The fact that loot is based on percentages of damage means that the same amount of chests are dropping because the boss is still dying 100%. I'm sure with the proper flame fanning this game could be great and have more servers to spread the population. Also, While I only play on Balles, I've heard the other 2 servers are almost dead except for a few small guilds. This is aimed at helping the game grow and be more fun to more people, plus lets not forget we dont even have all of our content out yet so in time there will be more world bosses per server which means less people at each. Double so by the fact that marks are dropping at a massive rate increase, where as better jewelry and weapons now drop from FK so the only people who should really be doing it are people looking for/selling marks. Thats not something most hardcore guilds coordinate for, at least in my opinion. Or they wont after a few more weeks of the market saturation. Without hardcore guilds tracking, and not sharing, the times, a timer would be very necessary.
  • HeytacoHeytaco
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 2,675
    edited October 8, 2016
    Oh casual tears