[ATTN NEW RIDERS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

[Feedback/Suggestion] Pegasus from Tutorial

BrendanatorXBrendanatorX
Riders of Icarus Rep: 655
edited September 12, 2016 in Suggestions and Feedback
One thing I and many others love most about this game is that, if you see something that looks big enough and capable enough to be ridden, you can tame it. (80-90% of the time), and the first experience all players have, is riding the white pegasus out of the jail in the tutorial/intro sequence.

However the only pegasus in the game otherwise, is Nightmare, which although it is cool.. leaves no option for those who were hoping from day 1 of playing that they would find that white pegasus again one day and ride it like they did in the start.

Some people like to be drawn completely into their world, roleplay or not, they want to be their characters or let their characters have a little story of their own, and that might include having a taste for the lighter, happier, good looking mounts as opposed to dark and scary and evil looking.

(Including even for a minority of people that might want to seperate the 4 species of Horse, Nightmare, Unicorn and Pegasus and be able to have the option of seperate or mixed species.)

I think this variety is much needed, and I also think that the lack of this is a deception to players of what is possible given that other tameables are in game-art used for advertising the game on the front page, and one of them is the plain white pegasus.
  1. Would you like this suggestion to happen?7 votes
    1. Yes
       86% (6 votes)
    2. No
       14% (1 vote)

Comments

• NekonomiconNekonomicon
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 640
    edited September 13, 2016
    Completely agree. Why wouldn't you keep the Pegasus that you escaped with? It makes no sense; if you are riding it, that means you tamed it. +1
    BrendanatorX
  • HildigardHildigard
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 1,420
    Nekonomicon

Completely agree. Why wouldn't you keep the Pegasus that you escaped with? It makes no sense; if you are riding it, that means you tamed it. +1
    There would be many reasons why you wouldn't be able to keep it.

1# It's enemy mount and can be recognized pretty easily.
    2# It's someone elses little flying pony and isn't really loyal to you. So you were lucky that he/she carryed you out from there and didn't fly back to eat hes/her carrots.
    3# It would spoil the difficulty of starting from zero. If you would get flying mount right from the start, there wouldn't be any point to tame those little birds wich are needed to tame your first big Phoenix and then your first dragon.

I would like to have that white pegasus available in ROI world but not as a starter mount.
    BrendanatorX
  • BrendanatorXBrendanatorX
    Hildigard
    Hildigard said:

Nekonomicon

There would be many reasons why you wouldn't be able to keep it.

1# It's enemy mount and can be recognized pretty easily.
    2# It's someone elses little flying pony and isn't really loyal to you. So you were lucky that he/she carryed you out from there and didn't fly back to eat hes/her carrots.
    3# It would spoil the difficulty of starting from zero. If you would get flying mount right from the start, there wouldnt be any point to tame those little birds wich are needed to tame your first big Phoenix and then your first dragon.

I would like to have that white pegasus available in ROI world but not as a starter mount.
    Nah, I agree, the mount was borrowed, not tamed and it had to be given back not only because that makes sense and we're supposed to be the good guy, but also because we're meant to set out on an adventure to tame our own pets..

Like that pegasus..

Which they should add.. *hint hint devs*
    Hildigard
  • ReleRele
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 2,850
    As far as i know, you will get a white armored pegasus in the story quest line in Tritael rift.
    PhilosoapBrendanatorX
    Rele
    Rele said:

As far as i know, you will get a white armored pegasus in the story quest line in Tritael rift.
    Ooh, I hope so, which leads to my other suggestion, that they need to add all the damn stuff to the bestiary so we know whats where or if stuff even exists.. -_-
  • ArynRipleyArynRipley
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 2,745
    edited September 14, 2016
    Rele is right, you'll get the Pegasus from the Tutorial in Rift.
    Either normal or as Ghost Version.
    Which isn't released yet though.. :P
  • MlBMlB
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 3,665
    There are plenty of Pegasus in Triteal Rift which comes in the 28th... NM isn't really that scary, he's just black in coloration... And if you REALLY can't wait, during the summer sale there was a pegasus in the cash shop called Elloran Courser, which was basically the white pegasus with armor. It was limited though so some people may have missed it.

TL;DR just wait and you'll get one for free. I personally bought the Courser anyways, that thing speeds faster than Laiku.

Also, there are 3 species of horse currently in game-
    Warhorse- Armored horses like Apoc, bigger than regular ones.
    Horse- Standard horse, includes unicorns (since it's not big of a difference)
    Pegasus- Winged horse.

I don't see a need to separate unicorn and horse, their models are virtually identical sans horn and it feels redundant.