[ATTN NEW RIDERS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Familiar Farms - Finally - thank you :)

HaerionHaerion
Riders of Icarus Rep: 2,405
edited November 11, 2016 in General Chat
Hey!

Just read the November preview and found that we get Familiar Farms!
Wanted to jump in and say thanks --- this makes me really happy.

Any chance we get the preview a little more detailled?
- how many familiars can be in the farm at the same time
- will there some kind of access-quest for the farm or just an gold/ellun amount to pay?
- how much does it cost, which choices (different levelling times?) do we have
- what is behind "Adventures" of our familiars?

In short... how will it work --- a little more if you can spare would be nice and push the hype :)

thanks, cheers, H
KamenRiderIcarusYllmathirArynRipleyGladiolusOmnithreatTazzieKesstrylDraconiyaAntonisCorevusand 2 others.

Comments

• CreamCream
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 22,260
    Forum Moderator, Council Member
    edited November 12, 2016
    I am also hyped about this future content. I've been waiting for it since its announcement on the DEV Blog #3 - Riders of Icarus Open Beta and Beyond. I can't wait to free up some space and check upon the new farm and its quests.
    Kesstryl
  • YllmathirYllmathir
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 7,315
    edited November 13, 2016
    Can't we have few more details about these farms?
  • CorevusCorevus
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 750
    edited November 14, 2016
    I stopped playing a few months ago, but when I saw a post about these familiar farms, I was very interested, and came here to find more info.

One of the reasons I eventually lost interest was because of how little space I had for familiars, and how I had to keep deleting ones I liked whenever new content came out.

This whole farm concept seems pretty interesting, and if it will give me a place to store my extra familiars, then I may just hop back into the game to check it out.
    CreamKesstryl
  • HaerionHaerion
    edited November 14, 2016
    So what about some more details? @CuddleWings can you share a bit more information? :)
  • ClearBlueSkyClearBlueSky
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 1,875
    edited November 15, 2016
    Looks like the notes are out and we're getting it tomorrow.

http://icarus.nexon.net/en/news/article/18741

From what I understand, you still have to be logged in to get EXP for the familiars you place there. Tempering looks pretty interesting. Looking forward to this.
  • HaerionHaerion
    edited November 16, 2016
    No, only for the exp boost from upgraded farms as I read it.
  • YllmathirYllmathir
    edited November 16, 2016
    So bad that I've not any familiar to raise up actually.. Gonna try to tame some hc mounts in parna to see how it works.. Anyway it seems to be funny!
  • HaerionHaerion
    edited November 16, 2016
    If you have only max level then send them all on adventures :)
  • YllmathirYllmathir
    edited November 16, 2016
    Haerion
    Haerion said:

If you have only max level then send them all on adventures :)
    That's a good option! :)
  • QuarterBreedQuarterBreed
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 845
    edited November 16, 2016
    The Crossing is going be soo bare now.. Thx to the instance farms lol
  • HiltoftheDragonHiltoftheDragon
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 2,645
    edited November 16, 2016
    So I'm going to spend resources to upgrade the farm but it will only last 7 days? Wouldn't spending more for an upgrade and keeping it permanent be a better option?

I would gladly pay more to keep my upgrades.
    YllmathirFuzPandarkvadorKesstryl
  • YllmathirYllmathir
    edited November 16, 2016
    I dislike the temporary factor. I'd like to have higher prices for permanent upgrades.
    Like 500g or 100 elluns and so on.

A little tutorial would be good too, like a quest which introduce to the various options in the farm.
    Herd system what gives exactly? How to start it?
    PandarkvadorKesstryl
  • MMMIKKEYMMMIKKEY
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 620
    edited November 16, 2016
    RondoFan01

not only that guys... you have to be logged in to get the buff.... it doesnt work when you log off....
    This literally killed it for me. It's like Nexon wants us to leave the game.
    Khenkade
  • YllmathirYllmathir
    edited November 16, 2016
    I was so happy about farms, but adventure system which was the most interesting turned it down to hell.
    Each adventure show only the best POSSIBLE rewards, but doesn't tell you than you can get ALSO very crap rewards...
    Wasted around 50g for getting not even 1g worth rewards from 2 adventures.

Herd system isn't explained, nothing is explained. Thanks for ruining one of the most possible funny thing you were trying to implement and which gave up lot of hopes.
    HiltoftheDragonKhenkadeArynRipleyPperkPandarkvadorKesstrylDragons
    edited November 16, 2016
    Yllmathir
    Yllmathir said:

I was so happy about farms, but adventure system which was the most interesting turned it down to hell.
    Each adventure show only the best POSSIBLE rewards, but doesn't tell you than you can get ALSO very crap rewards...
    Wasted around 50g for getting not even 1g worth rewards from 2 adventures.

Herd system isn't explained, nothing is explained. Thanks for ruining one of the most possible funny thing you were trying to implement and which gave up lot of hopes.
    I hate to say it but im a bit disappointed myself. Upgrades not permanently sticking and no ability to put your herd anywhere you want in that instance (hooks would have worked). The only two places are the fostering area and the buff area. It seems like a huge instance thats used up by unnecessary additions.

Oh well, the short lived excitement was nice anyway.
    Khenkade
  • FuzFuz
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 1,585
    edited November 16, 2016
    Where's the farm?
  • GrizzlyUKGrizzlyUK
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 5,125
    edited November 16, 2016
    Fuz
    Fuz said:

Where's the farm?
    Talk to any Familiar Tamer/Trainer, they now have an option to send you to your Farm.

EDIT:
    Thanks to HiltoftheDragon in the post below for the correct title of those NPC's, I couldn't remember their exact title, probably because I've only ever interacted with them a couple of times!
    Fuz
    edited November 16, 2016
    Fuz
    Fuz said:

Where's the farm?
    They're call Beast Trainers and scattered about the world. They all port you to your farm.
    Fuz
  • HoneychyldHoneychyld
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 3,565
    edited November 16, 2016
    I have to agree, the Familiar farm is kind of disappointing.

In regards to the upgrades - the fact that there seems to be only one daily for the coin, which gives ONLY one coin, and add that the upgrades are only temporary? If you insist on keeping them temporary, the coin rewards should be increased. Heck, they should be increased if permanent. Have other ways to get the coins too (unless I've missed if there are other ways?)

The herd thing I have no clue about.

Also, unless I'm doing something wrong, I can't split stacks of feed. I've tried Ctrl+ right click, and any other combination, yet I can't seem to get the stacks to split. So essentially, I'm using more than I want. Then again, it seems the leveling takes longer than if I'm actually sitting on the mount myself.

All in all, it was a cool idea, but it just doesn't seem to be very well put together/explained.
    Khenkade
  • JAFFJAFF
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 1,545
    edited November 16, 2016
    Yeah I made that oversight also, that is only one sack of feed that gives a 4 times reduction in time for what ever period of time it is rated.

Also you don't need to be logged in to foster the mount only for adventures, you can log out and your mount continues to age.