[ATTN NEW RIDERS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

What do you want to see out of this game?

1pwny1pwny
Riders of Icarus Rep: 3,215
Posts: 308
Member
edited November 22, 2016 in General Chat
Here's a question. What do you guys want the future of Riders of Icarus to look like? As in, what kind of game would most attract you?

Do you think mounts should be easy to get, but good gear should be hard to get? The other way around? Should it be more suited for solo play, or cooperative play? Should PvP give good incentives to do it, or not?

Clarification: This is a what-if question. I don't care about the current state of the game, or what is actually plausible. I'm asking what your personal dream version of Riders of Icarus is. Not what might occur, not what the forum wants, what you, individually, would most like to play.

Example
I want a fun game that offers options for both solo content and guilds. I think that a unique part of Riders of Icarus is how taming and mounts work, in general - therefore, I think that you shouldn't need to be a super-competitive player to tame almost everything. However, I think that guilds and community is a major part of all MMOs. For that reason, I would like to see mounts completely removed from Dungeons and World Bosses, however I would also love to see Dungeons and World Bosses become interesting, difficult challenges for well-organized guilds and parties, with rewards such as high-quality gear being commonplace.

Further clarification, because some people just don't understand some things:
This thread is in the General Chat thread for a reason. I don't care about any suggestions or feedback you guys have, because there's a different place for that. I want to have an interesting discussion about what we want the future of the game to look like, without talking about what we should do to "fix" the game as-is.

Menegroth_SusejAntonis

Comments

  • MMMIKKEYMMMIKKEY
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 620
    Posts: 22
    Member
    edited November 20, 2016
    1. There is no "coop" play if there is no people online.
    2. At the rate everything is going we won't see level 50 patch.
    RumblerCrowWildLavenderSemiMong
  • 1pwny1pwny
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 3,215
    Posts: 308
    Member
    edited November 20, 2016
    MMMIKKEY
    MMMIKKEY said:

    1. There is no "coop" play if there is no people online.
    2. At the rate everything is going we won't see level 50 patch.
    This is exactly the kind of post I didn't want. I'm putting in a clarification, because apparently some people will need it.
    JAFFYiffieDraconiya
  • HiltoftheDragonHiltoftheDragon
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 2,645
    Posts: 331
    Member
    edited November 20, 2016
    Im afraid youve created a troll bait thread here, but i wont be a part of that. I would like to see this game go in a positive direction with a healthly population. Ive been playing mmo's a long time and ive seen quite a few games recover when things were looking bleak.

    Solo and coop play are both beneficial for todays mmo to be successful. Im a player of both styles and would like to see that continue.
    We need a place for guilds to go. An instanced guild house or territory would be nice. My own house would be really cool.
    Something sandbox style. Not sure what that would be at the moment but just another play style i enjoy.
    More choices for customization in general. Everything should be customizable so that players have a more unique look.

    Ill edit this or make anther post when more comes to mind.
  • YllmathirYllmathir
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 7,315
    Posts: 1,040
    Member
    edited November 20, 2016
    Personally I think that RoI need to improve under many aspects, expecially under time and effort rewards. Let me explain better..

    Marks and Taming:
    The first thing that I think RoI need to fix (or better, how I'd like to see it in the future) is the Mark free gift and Taming RNG.
    Marks shouldn't be dropped at all, not from WB, not from Instances, NOTHING. These things are meant to be crafted also because crafting need to be improved a bit more.
    Recipes drops must be reduced a lot, at least Heroic and Legendary should be dropped once every plenty of runs or WB kills. If you can't drop it easily we wouldn't see them at 1g or less. I mean, it's an heroic recipe.. Sometimes happens to make plenty of money from Elite Recipes more than Heroic and that's really wrong.
    As much something is good, as lower should be the chance to drop it, here works the opposite.
    Taming RNG must be fixed a bit, 'cause watching it from player side, it's better to work hard to obtain the mark, but having more chances to succed the taming. Fails should be possible, but not as they are now.
    I could raise almost 4k if I'd sold all the marks i've used to try heroics and I'm still with 1x Void Kargyle. Even if I'm dedicated, after a bit you feel that all your effort it's for nothing and you are just wasting time and money.

    Gear:
    I ran all dungeons lots and lots of times already, but to be honest when I go out from any dung I saldy find my bags full of crap or unsellable things. Today Umax gave me an Heroic gear, Heroic Recipe, 2x 105 Elite Tempering Stones, 1x Voidbeast Mark and Yozhora gave me 39s, 1x Lv. 100 Elite Tempering and 1 Voidstone.
    When a mid boss gives more than Final Boss, something it's messed up. As said before RoI doesn't give a satisfation feeling at the moment. I wish this game could understand and improve a bit more 'cause it's a good game despite all problems it has right now.
    A dungeon should take time, but need fixed drops (bound) and random drops (unbound).
    I prefer to see more dungeons where in any of them I can find something specific that I couldn't find somewhere else.
    In short, a good droprate system which keep us busy and happy. I don't mean that drops should fall like candies, but having the chance to see something really worth, maybe you'll lose the roll but you SAW IT. You KNOW that you'll take it with a bit of effort and time.

    WB:
    Even if I liked them a bit more after removing the destabilize effect, they need better fight experience. There is not much tactic involved and I think that Open World isn't the right place for them.
    2-3 Raid Bosses with good tactics which force players to move, to group up close, to hide behind something, AoE which nuke undergeared groups or that ask Priests to push much on heals, enrage time (wow style), Off-Tanking needed undert certain situations and maybe force the whole raid to split in two for certain fights.
    I personally use the same rotation and the same sequence of skill in raid as in instances, and that's really wrong.
    But this means that some WB should spawn in 1 CH only instead that 1-2-3 >3-2-1 >1-2-3.. It's very bad this way. Spawning two bosses in different channels and in opposite points would force players to focus on one of them and lose the other one.
    World Boss Spawn Time should be notified under instance menu. I'd like to know when Ashuram spawn BEFORE it spawn. Ofc I could ask around and find when and where they'll pop out, but I'd like to not be forced to ask around 'cause I can't keep times due to work.

    Housing:
    I agree with you that Housing would be a great plus in this game. Having some of your pets in the stables and from time to time watch them, leave them over there or taking them with you (freeing space in pet slots) it's a great thing.
    Customize my castle, or my wizard's tower would take me busy, burn lot of money and keep me interested and motivated even more. Also because, at certain point your gear it's done but since you have nothing to do, you risk to be bored.

    Characters Slots:
    I personally think that every game nowdays gives you at least 1 slot x class without asking money for that and WITHOUT any chance to get a new slot. I'd like to try more classes but even if I do I don't find any way to get a new character slot, so I'm stuck with my chars which are geared already and with nothing worth to do. Would be a great plus if we could roll more chars and being busy for more time and experiencing something new.
    AntonisNimornShadow_Alchemist
  • 1pwny1pwny
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 3,215
    Posts: 308
    Member
    edited November 20, 2016
    Yllmathir
    Yllmathir said:

    Personally I think that RoI need to improve under many aspects, expecially under time and effort rewards. Let me explain better..

    Marks and Taming:
    The first thing that I think RoI need to fix (or better, how I'd like to see it in the future) is the Mark free gift and Taming RNG.
    Marks shouldn't be dropped at all, not from WB, not from Instances, NOTHING. These things are meant to be crafted also because crafting need to be improved a bit more.
    Recipes drops must be reduced a lot, at least Heroic and Legendary should be dropped once every plenty of runs or WB kills. If you can't drop it easily we wouldn't see them at 1g or less. I mean, it's an heroic recipe.. Sometimes happens to make plenty of money from Elite Recipes more than Heroic and that's really wrong.
    As much something is good, as lower should be the chance to drop it, here works the opposite.
    Taming RNG must be fixed a bit, 'cause watching it from player side, it's better to work hard to obtain the mark, but having more chances to succed the taming. Fails should be possible, but not as they are now.
    I could raise almost 4k if I'd sold all the marks i've used to try heroics and I'm still with 1x Void Kargyle. Even if I'm dedicated, after a bit you feel that all your effort it's for nothing and you are just wasting time and money.

    Gear:
    I ran all dungeons lots and lots of times already, but to be honest when I go out from any dung I saldy find my bags full of crap or unsellable things. Today Umax gave me an Heroic gear, Heroic Recipe, 2x 105 Elite Tempering Stones, 1x Voidbeast Mark and Yozhora gave me 39s, 1x Lv. 100 Elite Tempering and 1 Voidstone.
    When a mid boss gives more than Final Boss, something it's messed up. As said before RoI doesn't give a satisfation feeling at the moment. I wish this game could understand and improve a bit more 'cause it's a good game despite all problems it has right now.
    A dungeon should take time, but need fixed drops (bound) and random drops (unbound).
    I prefer to see more dungeons where in any of them I can find something specific that I couldn't find somewhere else.
    In short, a good droprate system which keep us busy and happy. I don't mean that drops should fall like candies, but having the chance to see something really worth, maybe you'll lose the roll but you SAW IT. You KNOW that you'll take it with a bit of effort and time.

    WB:
    Even if I liked them a bit more after removing the destabilize effect, they need better fight experience. There is not much tactic involved and I think that Open World isn't the right place for them.
    2-3 Raid Bosses with good tactics which force players to move, to group up close, to hide behind something, AoE which nuke undergeared groups or that ask Priests to push much on heals, enrage time (wow style), Off-Tanking needed undert certain situations and maybe force the whole raid to split in two for certain fights.
    I personally use the same rotation and the same sequence of skill in raid as in instances, and that's really wrong.
    But this means that some WB should spawn in 1 CH only instead that 1-2-3 >3-2-1 >1-2-3.. It's very bad this way. Spawning two bosses in different channels and in opposite points would force players to focus on one of them and lose the other one.
    World Boss Spawn Time should be notified under instance menu. I'd like to know when Ashuram spawn BEFORE it spawn. Ofc I could ask around and find when and where they'll pop out, but I'd like to not be forced to ask around 'cause I can't keep times due to work.

    Housing:
    I agree with you that Housing would be a great plus in this game. Having some of your pets in the stables and from time to time watch them, leave them over there or taking them with you (freeing space in pet slots) it's a great thing.
    Customize my castle, or my wizard's tower would take me busy, burn lot of money and keep me interested and motivated even more. Also because, at certain point your gear it's done but since you have nothing to do, you risk to be bored.

    Characters Slots:
    I personally think that every game nowdays gives you at least 1 slot x class without asking money for that and WITHOUT any chance to get a new slot. I'd like to try more classes but even if I do I don't find any way to get a new character slot, so I'm stuck with my chars which are geared already and with nothing worth to do. Would be a great plus if we could roll more chars and being busy for more time and experiencing something new.
    While this is a great post, it's also edging into territory that I didn't really want. I just want to know the kind of game you'd like to see. To summarize, you want to see more diversity and less tediousness - you want interesting but rewarding raids, you want dungeons that give you rewards fairly quickly, an easier time storing things (items, familiars, characters), and you want to make mark crafting a bigger thing.

    Thank you for the post.
  • HiltoftheDragonHiltoftheDragon
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 2,645
    Posts: 331
    Member
    edited November 20, 2016
    1pwny
    1pwny said:

    Yllmathir
    Yllmathir said:

    Personally I think that RoI need to improve under many aspects, expecially under time and effort rewards. Let me explain better..

    Marks and Taming:
    The first thing that I think RoI need to fix (or better, how I'd like to see it in the future) is the Mark free gift and Taming RNG.
    Marks shouldn't be dropped at all, not from WB, not from Instances, NOTHING. These things are meant to be crafted also because crafting need to be improved a bit more.
    Recipes drops must be reduced a lot, at least Heroic and Legendary should be dropped once every plenty of runs or WB kills. If you can't drop it easily we wouldn't see them at 1g or less. I mean, it's an heroic recipe.. Sometimes happens to make plenty of money from Elite Recipes more than Heroic and that's really wrong.
    As much something is good, as lower should be the chance to drop it, here works the opposite.
    Taming RNG must be fixed a bit, 'cause watching it from player side, it's better to work hard to obtain the mark, but having more chances to succed the taming. Fails should be possible, but not as they are now.
    I could raise almost 4k if I'd sold all the marks i've used to try heroics and I'm still with 1x Void Kargyle. Even if I'm dedicated, after a bit you feel that all your effort it's for nothing and you are just wasting time and money.

    Gear:
    I ran all dungeons lots and lots of times already, but to be honest when I go out from any dung I saldy find my bags full of crap or unsellable things. Today Umax gave me an Heroic gear, Heroic Recipe, 2x 105 Elite Tempering Stones, 1x Voidbeast Mark and Yozhora gave me 39s, 1x Lv. 100 Elite Tempering and 1 Voidstone.
    When a mid boss gives more than Final Boss, something it's messed up. As said before RoI doesn't give a satisfation feeling at the moment. I wish this game could understand and improve a bit more 'cause it's a good game despite all problems it has right now.
    A dungeon should take time, but need fixed drops (bound) and random drops (unbound).
    I prefer to see more dungeons where in any of them I can find something specific that I couldn't find somewhere else.
    In short, a good droprate system which keep us busy and happy. I don't mean that drops should fall like candies, but having the chance to see something really worth, maybe you'll lose the roll but you SAW IT. You KNOW that you'll take it with a bit of effort and time.

    WB:
    Even if I liked them a bit more after removing the destabilize effect, they need better fight experience. There is not much tactic involved and I think that Open World isn't the right place for them.
    2-3 Raid Bosses with good tactics which force players to move, to group up close, to hide behind something, AoE which nuke undergeared groups or that ask Priests to push much on heals, enrage time (wow style), Off-Tanking needed undert certain situations and maybe force the whole raid to split in two for certain fights.
    I personally use the same rotation and the same sequence of skill in raid as in instances, and that's really wrong.
    But this means that some WB should spawn in 1 CH only instead that 1-2-3 >3-2-1 >1-2-3.. It's very bad this way. Spawning two bosses in different channels and in opposite points would force players to focus on one of them and lose the other one.
    World Boss Spawn Time should be notified under instance menu. I'd like to know when Ashuram spawn BEFORE it spawn. Ofc I could ask around and find when and where they'll pop out, but I'd like to not be forced to ask around 'cause I can't keep times due to work.

    Housing:
    I agree with you that Housing would be a great plus in this game. Having some of your pets in the stables and from time to time watch them, leave them over there or taking them with you (freeing space in pet slots) it's a great thing.
    Customize my castle, or my wizard's tower would take me busy, burn lot of money and keep me interested and motivated even more. Also because, at certain point your gear it's done but since you have nothing to do, you risk to be bored.

    Characters Slots:
    I personally think that every game nowdays gives you at least 1 slot x class without asking money for that and WITHOUT any chance to get a new slot. I'd like to try more classes but even if I do I don't find any way to get a new character slot, so I'm stuck with my chars which are geared already and with nothing worth to do. Would be a great plus if we could roll more chars and being busy for more time and experiencing something new.
    While this is a great post, it's also edging into territory that I didn't really want. I just want to know the kind of game you'd like to see. To summarize, you want to see more diversity and less tediousness - you want interesting but rewarding raids, you want dungeons that give you rewards fairly quickly, an easier time storing things (items, familiars, characters), and you want to make mark crafting a bigger thing.

    Thank you for the post.
    Well, i think i can speak for all that all those would be what everyone dreams to have in all mmos they play. However with this game, i would like to see a less RGN and more skill based game overall.
    Antonis1pwny
  • AntonisAntonis
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 1,425
    Posts: 56
    Member
    edited November 21, 2016
    What would I want to see out of this game?

    1. Add traditional unmounted 10-man and 20-man Raid instances and give us the option to enter all Heroic and Legendary Dungeons as full 10-man Raids should we wish so, as 5-man is very limiting and causes a lot of guild dramas.

    2. Make Guardians relevant again and more preferable to run with more then one in raids/parties by modifying all the Guardian Pledge buffs to become stackable (except maybe the movement speed effect), so that we can get Pledge of Power/Duty/Brilliance x2, or x3, or x4, or xx times, depending on the number of guardians in the same group that cast the same buff:
    http://forums.icarus.nexon.net/discussion/comment/55035/#Comment_55035

    3. Increase the drop rate significantly in the Breach and the Legendary Dungeons.

    4. Housing: Allow us to raise funds and build/buy/rent/upgrade Guild halls with all sorts of quality of life conveniences, including guild storage.

    5. Increase the guild capacity to hold at least double the number of guild members at each guild level (eg 100 members for a lvl3 guild, instead of 50 currently).

    6. The number of participants in an alliance should be increased from 3 to 6 guilds per alliance. The requirement to form a new Alliance should be lowered from lvl3 to lvl2 Guilds and the requirement to join an existing alliance should be lowered to lvl1 Guilds. That would greatly facilitate the community building part for Guild/Alliance Leaders.

    7. 1vs1 PvP Tournament, Siegeable castles that generate income by taxing the vendor npcs in the area to be captured by Alliances in massive PvP events:
    http://forums.icarus.nexon.net/discussion/comment/52705#Comment_52705

    8. Remove all invisible walls and barriers and make the game completely open world, add random treasure boxes everywhere, hidden npcs/mobs/bosses/familiars, give us the incentive to explore everything and leave no stone unturned, even underwater.

    This would've made the perfect MMO in my eyes.
    Not going to happen, but I can dream, can't I?
    Pandarkvador1pwny
  • NeoraNeora
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 1,080
    Posts: 22
    Member
    edited November 21, 2016
    I want to see more options to get lucky box items like people who didnt get the things out that there wanted or didnt wanna spent there money in those boxes there can get the items in the next month in the shop like every week one mount, pet and skin etc...
    SemiMong
  • NaniNani
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 1,790
    Posts: 75
    Member
    edited November 22, 2016
    I would like to see support unblock my nexon account in Steam. I've done nothing malicious & don't deserve this.
    http://steamcommunity.com/app/442080/discussions/0/215439774871789317/

    Arise Ticket #320558, Arise!

    Edit: Unblocked!

    Thank yous
  • HeytacoHeytaco
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 2,675
    Posts: 219
    Member
    edited November 22, 2016
    yippy another dungeon drop thread. these are my favorite. I can't resist them.

    So heres what i'd like to see.
    boost drop rates of legendary dungeons, not boost drop rates of crap. I'm talking about karasha items.
    boost drop rates in the breach.
    add elluns to achievements for the legendary dungeons and the breach.
    lower the cost of everything in the game and cash shop.
    add rift heroic marks to world bosses and drop more in legendary dungeons.

    IDK if you've noticed lately nexon but kallas is in a bad way right now population wise. no one even shows up to the world bosses anymore. 3 alliances show up and a few randoms. it's still a ghost town. so while you drag your feet over these holidays and neglect the players just remember your lack of passion for what you do has caused this mess.
    SemiMong
  • 1pwny1pwny
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 3,215
    Posts: 308
    Member
    edited November 22, 2016
    Heytaco
    Heytaco said:

    yippy another dungeon drop thread. these are my favorite. I can't resist them.
    This is actually the exact thing that I tried to avoid. Re-read the original post:
    Clarification: This is a what-if question. I don't care about the current state of the game
    I'll try to get the important ideas in your post:
    boost drop rates of legendary dungeons, not boost drop rates of crap. I'm talking about karasha items.
    boost drop rates in the breach.
    add rift heroic marks to world bosses and drop more in legendary dungeons.
    So, you want dungeons and world bosses to have better rewards, so there's less tediousness and farming as you try progress.

    I can see where you're coming from. I've edited the OP again, so that hopefully we can avoid more people making the same mistake you did. I'd have to disagree with you about what should be done about marks though, I'm more for what @Yllmathir said earlier in this thread.
  • YllmathirYllmathir
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 7,315
    Posts: 1,040
    Member
    edited November 22, 2016
    I disagree too about heroic marks.. The actual economy status it's caused mostly by gifted marks. So if we are talking about what we'd like to see on RoI, we should do it thinking from the actual status of the game.
    But to improve RoI we need less marks and better RNG when you go taming.

  • GoliathGoliath
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 890
    Posts: 69
    Member
    edited November 22, 2016
    OFC lets think of the few players that go out of there way to sell marks at 700-1000g to players that failed there own self-grinded marks , because the price fluctuation on that surely makes player go away . More free marks please , Marketplace player already make enough gold (proven in every mmorpg has they add goldsink)

    One of the busiest time for servers was login attendance in parnas coast with free marks being given every weekend along daily rewards . WB>taming groups>TFK H5 x 1000 on party board>AP in smaller groups , thats also a time where AH player made gold , free mark can fail and make the player go buy one , no matter the cost
  • NimornNimorn
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 905
    Posts: 40
    Member
    edited November 23, 2016
    I'd like to see a better design for the female character's armour, rather than this wankfest for koreans.
    An armor should cover and protect, not being revealing for male teenagers' sake.
    1pwnyAntonisDraconiyaRyuukishu
  • YllmathirYllmathir
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 7,315
    Posts: 1,040
    Member
    edited November 23, 2016
    Goliath
    Goliath said:

    OFC lets think of the few players that go out of there way to sell marks at 700-1000g to players that failed there own self-grinded marks , because the price fluctuation on that surely makes player go away . More free marks please , Marketplace player already make enough gold (proven in every mmorpg has they add goldsink)

    One of the busiest time for servers was login attendance in parnas coast with free marks being given every weekend along daily rewards . WB>taming groups>TFK H5 x 1000 on party board>AP in smaller groups , thats also a time where AH player made gold , free mark can fail and make the player go buy one , no matter the cost
    I'm not saying that 'cause I want to sell marks for that price, but think in prospective. Less competition due to time needed to craft your own mark, players which doesn't need a certain Heroic Familiar won't even bother to make the whole process and go to tame something uneeded.
    When I was new to the game and reached level 25 (with the cap) I personally farmed lot and lots of dragon scales, reaching 1000g only by crafting and selling marks and using some to tamed Agnas, afk levelling him for 2 days and then selling him again.
    Since a high level player doesn't drop scales so often as level 25 does, farming low level pets even if needed at 40 you'll be forced to buy them maxed or buy marks which could be made only by low level players.
    What If you need to craft Aisha's Will? You need Lashaka and 8x Fenris.. Since you can't drop Phantom Potion anymore at high levels, low level players could make quite a bit from selling those Marks, which also means that Aisha's Will marks won't fall down in price so badly like they are now. The game has his own potential to be a good balanced game!

    When I said that we need less marks, I've also said that we need better taming success rate to compensate the "lack" of marks.

    If we have to think about the future of the game, we should do it being less greedy and taking in consideration even what will happens to new players.
    How happy we were when at the time we had the chance to get a single Mark for Agnas? Personally I was so hyped! What now? Few hits on every WB in Parna x5 Channels and I get plenty of marks which I don't really need, but they are also almost worthless in AH. Taming an Heroic pet today has become like going to taming an Elite and everyone goes to tame uneeded familiars just to raise up money, so it became once more an high competition.

    1pwnyAntonisRyuukishuDraconiya
  • GoliathGoliath
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 890
    Posts: 69
    Member
    edited November 23, 2016
    Yllmathir
    Yllmathir said:

    Goliath
    Goliath said:

    OFC lets think of the few players that go out of there way to sell marks at 700-1000g to players that failed there own self-grinded marks , because the price fluctuation on that surely makes player go away . More free marks please , Marketplace player already make enough gold (proven in every mmorpg has they add goldsink)

    One of the busiest time for servers was login attendance in parnas coast with free marks being given every weekend along daily rewards . WB>taming groups>TFK H5 x 1000 on party board>AP in smaller groups , thats also a time where AH player made gold , free mark can fail and make the player go buy one , no matter the cost
    I'm not saying that 'cause I want to sell marks for that price, but think in prospective. Less competition due to time needed to craft your own mark, players which doesn't need a certain Heroic Familiar won't even bother to make the whole process and go to tame something uneeded.
    When I was new to the game and reached level 25 (with the cap) I personally farmed lot and lots of dragon scales, reaching 1000g only by crafting and selling marks and using some to tamed Agnas, afk levelling him for 2 days and then selling him again.
    Since a high level player doesn't drop scales so often as level 25 does, farming low level pets even if needed at 40 you'll be forced to buy them maxed or buy marks which could be made only by low level players.
    What If you need to craft Aisha's Will? You need Lashaka and 8x Fenris.. Since you can't drop Phantom Potion anymore at high levels, low level players could make quite a bit from selling those Marks, which also means that Aisha's Will marks won't fall down in price so badly like they are now. The game has his own potential to be a good balanced game!

    When I said that we need less marks, I've also said that we need better taming success rate to compensate the "lack" of marks.

    If we have to think about the future of the game, we should do it being less greedy and taking in consideration even what will happens to new players.
    How happy we were when at the time we had the chance to get a single Mark for Agnas? Personally I was so hyped! What now? Few hits on every WB in Parna x5 Channels and I get plenty of marks which I don't really need, but they are also almost worthless in AH. Taming an Heroic pet today has become like going to taming an Elite and everyone goes to tame uneeded familiars just to raise up money, so it became once more an high competition.

    make sense , i agree that mark off world bosses are too much , but the free marks from rewards arent , and actually dont affect AH's value much ( i have all my fated from rewards in bank czuase they werent for my class )

  • RyuukishuRyuukishu
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 440
    Posts: 2
    Member
    edited November 26, 2016
    ohhh a "What-if"!!

    well for one, It'd be real interesting if they ever implement a good action mode like Vindictus, won't that just be super awesome?

    It'd be fun if they can make the current familiar farm into something akin to the one shown on the Korean version's familiar farm trailer, where I can have all the songbird type resting on a branch and pet my hard tamed familiars. And to incorporate that with VR cause that's just seem like how the future of technology is heading towards.

    It would also be nice if WB be actual "World" bosses instead of just a harder boss that you get a set of good geared party to go against. Imagine the WB being a real threat to the civilian NPC in all towns, where the WB spawns at random location on map, and would head towards the town to attack, and all the player needs to help together to take the boss down. Now THAT's what I would call a world boss.

    Imagine the future where game caters to both solo play and guild play. How about factions vs faction?

    Also, I'd really love for less grindy content in the future, where there will be quests like "go toss this orb into the water and see if a gigantic fish comes up to eat it" -- helping a research kind of quest, or "try to out run this lone familiar that happens to spawn every hour on xxx road", even its for silly small reward, it'd be far more interesting. Or for real rewarding ones, class specific ones like "need assassin to kill this target" or "guardian to be body guard for this rich man" or even "number of wizard to perform this ritual" where these opens up divert of class plays.

    I also would love to see familiar mark thing discussed in previous posts where mark be taken away completely from boss drop, and instead recipe are dropped, but harder to farm mats, yet once the mark is finially crafted with all the blood and sweat, you get one final test of skill/strategy to get definite taming success. They will be according to the lore. Instead of killing certain bosses to get ingredient, however, now you have to somehow get those bosses's trust for them to reveal the secret to taming these creatures. You may be needing to apease Lashaka by offering reindeer meat to it (kite the reindeer around the area to right in front of the rock), thus gaining its trust and taming it. You may need to have a wizard friend or be a wizard and somehow join the khabimist temporary to get the devourer's tome. Only to hightail out of the place once they found that you are only there for their pet spidy.


    Talking about WB mechanics and familiar aspect, what about taming that requires community input mechanics? Say where you have to go find 2 of EACH CLASS, have them stand in a circle, while you in the middle is right next to the specific heroic familiar you want to tame, and everyone has to cast certain spell at within few second interval (thus requiring communication as well, yet still gives player that have latency issue to catch on). And only then can you jump on the familiar to tame?


    Regarding familiars mark being harder to tame while gaurenteed taming once ALL conditions are met fully. I'd love to see that in the future where every elite and up familiar will have RNG on spawn time. With their current spawn time as maximum, they would be spawning minutes after the current one is gone, or they may be spawning to the maximum time say four hours.

    With pets, it'd be helpful if ever in the future they decide that having a mount out and pet out counts as two different thing (look at dragomon hunter), and you'd have stacking buff, while flying pet can actually fly up to the sky with your air mount, and the ground pet disappear once you take flight.

    I also love that one idea where invisible walls are gone forever with complete open world, totally love to see that happening in the future. We can even cross over seas to other region!! How cool would that be? A higher tier mount or say Letonsia could cross over all region because high altitude means you avoid danger of the sea weather, plus he's a defensive mount.

    Oh and one last thing, a lv cap at 100 or maybe more. That'd be on the original Korean game side tho.

    That'd be some of my ideas. I may be forgotting some other ones but I'd love if this discussion continues on. It is a "what ifs" afterall.
    SemiMong1pwnyDraconiya
  • SemiMongSemiMong
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 1,350
    Posts: 79
    Member
    edited November 25, 2016
    Ryuukishu
    Ryuukishu said:

    ohhh a "What-if"!!

    well for one, It'd be real interesting if they ever implement a good action mode like Vindictus, won't that just be super awesome?

    It'd be fun if they can make the current familiar farm into something akin to the one shown on the Korean version's familiar farm trailer, where I can have all the songbird type resting on a branch and pet my hard tamed familiars. And to incorporate that with VR cause that's just seem like how the future of technology is heading towards.

    It would also be nice if WB be actual "World" bosses instead of just a harder boss that you get a set of good geared party to go against. Imagine the WB being a real threat to the civilian NPC in all towns, where the WB spawns at random location on map, and would head towards the town to attack, and all the player needs to help together to take the boss down. Now THAT's what I would call a world boss.

    Imagine the future where game caters to both solo play and guild play. How about factions vs faction?

    Also, I'd really love for less grindy content in the future, where there will be quests like "go toss this orb into the water and see if a gigantic fish comes up to eat it" -- helping a research kind of quest, or "try to out run this lone familiar that happens to spawn every hour on xxx road", even its for silly small reward, it'd be far more interesting. Or for real rewarding ones, class specific ones like "need assassin to kill this target" or "guardian to be body guard for this rich man" or even "number of wizard to perform this ritual" where these opens up divert of class plays.

    I also would love to see familiar mark thing discussed in previous posts where mark be taken away completely from boss drop, and instead recipe are dropped, but harder to farm mats, yet once the mark is finially crafted with all the blood and sweat, you get one final test of skill/strategy to get definite taming success. They will be according to the lore. Instead of killing certain bosses to get ingredient, however, now you have to somehow get those bosses's trust for them to reveal the secret to taming these creatures. You may be needing to apease Lashaka by offering reindeer meat to it (kite the reindeer around the area to right in front of the rock), thus gaining its trust and taming it. You may need to have a wizard friend or be a wizard and somehow join the khabimist temporary to get the devourer's tome. Only to hightail out of the place once they found that you are only there for their pet spidy.


    Talking about WB mechanics and familiar aspect, what about taming that requires community input mechanics? Say where you have to go find 2 of EACH CLASS, have them stand in a circle, while you in the middle is right next to the specific heroic familiar you want to tame, and everyone has to cast certain spell at within few second interval (thus requiring communication as well, yet still gives player that have latency issue to catch on). And only then can you jump on the familiar to tame?


    Regarding familiars mark being harder to tame while gaurenteed taming once ALL conditions are met fully. I'd love to see that in the future where every elite and up familiar will have RNG on spawn time. With their current spawn time as maximum, they would be spawning minutes after the current one is gone, or they may be spawning to the maximum time say four hours.

    With pets, it'd be helpful if ever in the future they decide that having a mount out and pet out counts as two different thing (look at dragomon hunter), and you'd have stacking buff, while flying pet can actually fly up to the sky with your air mount, and the ground pet disappear once you take flight.

    I also love that one idea where invisible walls are gone forever with complete open world, totally love to see that happening in the future. We can even cross over seas to other region!! How cool would that be? A higher tier mount or say Letonsia could cross over all region because high altitude means you avoid danger of the sea weather, plus he's a defensive mount.

    Oh and one last thing, a lv cap at 100 or maybe more. That'd be on the original Korean game side tho.

    That'd be some of my ideas. I may be forgotting some other ones but I'd love if this discussion continues on. It is a "what ifs" afterall.
    Agree with everything here, especially the random spawn time on mounts, they would be good, imagine someone tames, people get salty and ride off then bam, instead of the standard 5 hour respawn for apoc he comes back 10 mins later and everyone rushes back!

    Made the response though just to say the level cap will be rising in korean version next year some time if i'm correct but also believe it would eventually go to level 100, if you look at the map there's still plenty of areas unexplored :O
    Ryuukishu
  • 1pwny1pwny
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 3,215
    Posts: 308
    Member
    edited November 25, 2016
    Ryuukishu
    Ryuukishu said:

    ohhh a "What-if"!!

    well for one, It'd be real interesting if they ever implement a good action mode like Vindictus, won't that just be super awesome?

    It'd be fun if they can make the current familiar farm into something akin to the one shown on the Korean version's familiar farm trailer, where I can have all the songbird type resting on a branch and pet my hard tamed familiars. And to incorporate that with VR cause that's just seem like how the future of technology is heading towards.

    It would also be nice if WB be actual "World" bosses instead of just a harder boss that you get a set of good geared party to go against. Imagine the WB being a real threat to the civilian NPC in all towns, where the WB spawns at random location on map, and would head towards the town to attack, and all the player needs to help together to take the boss down. Now THAT's what I would call a world boss.

    Imagine the future where game caters to both solo play and guild play. How about factions vs faction?

    Also, I'd really love for less grindy content in the future, where there will be quests like "go toss this orb into the water and see if a gigantic fish comes up to eat it" -- helping a research kind of quest, or "try to out run this lone familiar that happens to spawn every hour on xxx road", even its for silly small reward, it'd be far more interesting. Or for real rewarding ones, class specific ones like "need assassin to kill this target" or "guardian to be body guard for this rich man" or even "number of wizard to perform this ritual" where these opens up divert of class plays.

    I also would love to see familiar mark thing discussed in previous posts where mark be taken away completely from boss drop, and instead recipe are dropped, but harder to farm mats, yet once the mark is finially crafted with all the blood and sweat, you get one final test of skill/strategy to get definite taming success. They will be according to the lore. Instead of killing certain bosses to get ingredient, however, now you have to somehow get those bosses's trust for them to reveal the secret to taming these creatures. You may be needing to apease Lashaka by offering reindeer meat to it (kite the reindeer around the area to right in front of the rock), thus gaining its trust and taming it. You may need to have a wizard friend or be a wizard and somehow join the khabimist temporary to get the devourer's tome. Only to hightail out of the place once they found that you are only there for their pet spidy.


    Talking about WB mechanics and familiar aspect, what about taming that requires community input mechanics? Say where you have to go find 2 of EACH CLASS, have them stand in a circle, while you in the middle is right next to the specific heroic familiar you want to tame, and everyone has to cast certain spell at within few second interval (thus requiring communication as well, yet still gives player that have latency issue to catch on). And only then can you jump on the familiar to tame?


    Regarding familiars mark being harder to tame while gaurenteed taming once ALL conditions are met fully. I'd love to see that in the future where every elite and up familiar will have RNG on spawn time. With their current spawn time as maximum, they would be spawning minutes after the current one is gone, or they may be spawning to the maximum time say four hours.

    With pets, it'd be helpful if ever in the future they decide that having a mount out and pet out counts as two different thing (look at dragomon hunter), and you'd have stacking buff, while flying pet can actually fly up to the sky with your air mount, and the ground pet disappear once you take flight.

    I also love that one idea where invisible walls are gone forever with complete open world, totally love to see that happening in the future. We can even cross over seas to other region!! How cool would that be? A higher tier mount or say Letonsia could cross over all region because high altitude means you avoid danger of the sea weather, plus he's a defensive mount.

    Oh and one last thing, a lv cap at 100 or maybe more. That'd be on the original Korean game side tho.

    That'd be some of my ideas. I may be forgotting some other ones but I'd love if this discussion continues on. It is a "what ifs" afterall.
    Thanks for the great post, man!

    I like almost all of your ideas, personally. I do disagree about Elite familiar spawn times being random. Heroics and Legendaries, sure. 4 hours is a bit long for an Elite IMO. Maybe 1 hour at the very most.
  • RyuukishuRyuukishu
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 440
    Posts: 2
    Member
    edited November 26, 2016
    SemiMong
    SemiMong said:



    Agree with everything here, especially the random spawn time on mounts, they would be good, imagine someone tames, people get salty and ride off then bam, instead of the standard 5 hour respawn for apoc he comes back 10 mins later and everyone rushes back!

    Made the response though just to say the level cap will be rising in korean version next year some time if i'm correct but also believe it would eventually go to level 100, if you look at the map there's still plenty of areas unexplored :O
    Good news to hear about that they are adding a higher level cap. Now to hope they keep this game going cause I find this one to be full of potential.

    It is because that there's not much people on you get to see all the heroics and have a chance at taming them. having random spawns time prevents camping and grieving, which would definitely saves lot more frustration and drama from happening.

    1pwny
    1pwny said:



    Thanks for the great post, man!

    I like almost all of your ideas, personally. I do disagree about Elite familiar spawn times being random. Heroics and Legendaries, sure. 4 hours is a bit long for an Elite IMO. Maybe 1 hour at the very most.
    No no lol, I say that the maximum being their current spawn time, so for example, Lashaka spawn in about... I can't remember, few minutes? The random timer then would respawn Lashaka say at best 30 seconds after it died/got tamed, or go the maximum (which is basically equal to what it is right now)
    Antonis