[ATTN NEW RIDERS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

pay to win

EDENILSONEDENILSON
Riders of Icarus Rep: 300
edited December 25, 2016 in Rants and Raves
The game has become very pay to win, with items in the cash shop, such as Defensive Talisman very annoying. Cash more and more impacting in the game.

Comments

• HiltoftheDragonHiltoftheDragon
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 2,645
    edited December 19, 2016
    EDENILSON
    EDENILSON said:

The game has become very play to win, with items in the cash shop, such as Defensive Talisman very annoying. Cash more and more impacting in the game.
    Your first post was to make a rant about p2w? This is a micro-transaction game thats no different than any other ftp mmo.

I think you posted in the wrong forum section. You need to go here:
    http://forums.icarus.nexon.net/categories/rants-and-raves
    JAFFDraconiya
  • FuseFuse
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 775
    edited December 19, 2016
    Play to win or pay to win? The two are very different..
    KesstrylDraconiya
  • KesstrylKesstryl
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 4,775
    edited December 19, 2016
    Play to win means you get what you need by playing the game to be competitive.

Pay to win means you need to use the cash to get what you need to be competitive.

As Fuse said, they are very different. I think you meant Pay to Win.
    Fuse
    edited December 19, 2016
    Fuse
    Fuse said:

Play to win or pay to win? The two are very different..
    The question doesnt even need to be asked. Its very obvious what he meant even though he mistyped it badly. He even goes to mention that cash is impacting the game.

Its clear he meant "Pay to win."

Again, no different than all the other ftp mmos out there. Some people spend cash and some dont. Its really not a very legitimate reason to complain about if you decide to play these type genre games.
    Draconiya
  • ShariasSharias
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 895
    edited December 27, 2016
    So many says it's not P2W and yet now we can buy those 100% temp stones in shop..
    oh and incase someone dont know what most people say is P2W, then go look at something like http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=pay-to-win
    ;)
    FuzFuz
    edited December 27, 2016
    Sharias
    Sharias said:

So many says it's not P2W and yet now we can buy those 100% temp stones in shop..
    oh and incase someone dont know what most people say is P2W, then go look at something like http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=pay-to-win
    ;)
    Who are "most" people. Do you have an exact number of how many people you're referring to?

In my honest opinion, I believe that this group of people you speak of are a tiny minority compared to the mass still playing. Your small minority waste their time spewing useless energy while the majority of the population is making better use of their time and playing the game.

Why dont you do the same.
    Draconiya
  • ShariasSharias
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 895
    edited December 27, 2016
    Just because a lot of P2W players play a game, does not make the game not P2W lol
    FuzFuz
  • JAFFJAFF
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 1,545
    edited December 27, 2016
    Yeah they tell that bold face lie this game is not pay to win.

But they would like you to act as if you have no knowledge of World / Raid Boss fight mechanics.
    When it comes to the part about PLAYERS HAVING TO COMPETE FOR THE TOP 5 SPOTS TO EVEN GET LOOT, well they pretend that isn't a reality and deflect to other issues!!
    No one with a shred of dignity, in their right mind will come before this forum and state the above is NOT TRUE and NOT INFLUENCED BY THE ALMIGHTY DOLLAR!!

Note: No one is being rude or yelling, the capitalized words are only to highlight the Key Phrases(buzz words) in this conversation.
    So let's all grow up and act like adults here, it is a pay to win game and no matter how you sugar coat it or what ever lie you want to continue to spew, you can not change the fact and you can not say it ain't so!!
    FuzFuz
  • PandarkvadorPandarkvador
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 2,075
    edited January 3, 2017
    For now, all the new MMORPG follow the way of snack MMO, you play 6 month and go play to another one. And unfortunately RoI is not the exception that we all expect.

RNG worlds cannot attract us for a long time, RNG for tempering, RNG for equipments, RNG for taming, RNG for crafting, RNG for familiar stone, RNG for loot, RNG, and RNG again.... Personally, i have waiting the ranger update, i have leveling a ranger to 44 and RNG kill me, to many RNG for too little reward, a lot of time for almost nothing is a waste o f time.

My rules are simple, Close Beta = Don't spend money, Open Beta = Don't spend Money, if i am always on the same game at the release, i can use my credit card. But it hasn't happened for a long time.
    FuzFuz