[ATTN NEW RIDERS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

I'm lvl50 and there's nothing I can do to progress

EbnqbeEbnqbe
Riders of Icarus Rep: 500
edited January 23, 2017 in General Chat
Hi. I've been level wizard 50 for about a month now. It took me very long time to collect full Tyrant's set, since it's really hard to find a party for ToS/FoS coin run. I thought that once i get it, I'll be able to go for legendaries. Well- I haven't done a single run yet. Usually they kick me from parties right away when, once they see me hp and dps.

http://i.imgur.com/33JK4VZ.jpg

So typical. I have full Tyrant's +10 set, mostly sealed with Blue Bloodwyrms, which I thought would be decent, but apparently it's . Also I get kicked from open world bosses like Mupadin raid, same reason (no dps).

I have 10 gold and haven't found any efficient way to make cash yet.
So bascially I have no money, I can't do legendaries and I can't do world bosses, which is the reason why now I come online just to collect my daily reward.

Any tips?

Comments

• FuzFuzFuzFuz
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 775
    edited January 23, 2017
    Yep, only the rich gets richer in this game.

One of the reasons this game will die pretty fast.
  • Menegroth_SusejMenegroth_Susej
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 2,560
    edited January 23, 2017
    To make gold, farm old dungeons on the highest difficulty you can handle solo and Temple of Sands and Fortress of Sorrows E1~E2.

And yes, 4k dps is WAY too low for L5 runs. Even for L1 I'd recommend being around 5k~7k dps. Since you have no gold for now, try to craft Radan's Essence marks to tame Venomous Casperts to seal. Blue Bloodwyrms are really not good enough for a lvl 50. Also, does your Tyrant set has the right stats for your class? For wizard, you have to focus on Int and magic attack. Willpower and magic crit rate and damage help. Everything else is almost useless to you. But if you keep farming the old dungeons and the E1 versions of the new ones, you'll have enough gold to buy a better set in no time. Also, by farming Cavern of the Veil you'll quickly gather all the mats needed for the Radan's Essence mark.

Once you're done with that, you'll have enough dps for L1~L3 runs for coins you can use to buy Karasha recipes. Buy a Staff Karasha recipe first. Then work on taming Void Kargyles on the Rift to replace your Casperts. After that you can focus on getting a full Karasha set and you'll be golden.
    Kesstryl1pwnyDuana
  • NeoseptemNeoseptem
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 2,280
    edited January 23, 2017
    I might suggest you take a look at this topic http://forums.icarus.nexon.net/discussion/20209/gold-and-gear-what-s-everyone-s-strategy
    It might help a little regarding getting money and legendary equip.

Considering your stats end equip, Tyrant is absolutely fine for legendary dungeons as long as it's at least +10 (weapon might be higher), has decent attributes, 2 slots at best and properly sealed (heck I ran l4 with supreme gear since I didn't want to upgrade to Tyrant).
    And sadly to say but blue Bloodwyverns won't be enough, you need at least a couple Casperts for more damage and HP. Especially for running l5 which you apparently intended to do if I read the chat snippet correctly.

My suggestion is if your equip doesn't come with the right attributes for you class and/or only have one slot, try to get sth. else beause it won't help at all.
    Also get some Casperts as seals, you will notice the difference in damage/HP.
    And don't start with l5, try running l1 first to get the hang of how things work in legendary dungeons. Especially since Wiz are really important in kiting mobs/bosses. You might even get Ruinous/Karasha gear, though not as frequent as in higher difficulties but it's possible. Furthermore you can collect coins in exchange for Karasha gear recipes for crafting your own gear.
  • KesstrylKesstryl
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 4,775
    edited January 23, 2017
    You can join a guild which runs legendaries, my guild Syndicate does a couple a day, usually L1 or 2 depending on who is in the group.
  • HiltoftheDragonHiltoftheDragon
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 2,645
    edited January 23, 2017
    FuzFuz
    FuzFuz said:

Ive never seen any game die because a certain group of players had more funds than others. Why do you keep repeating yourself through out this forum about how much coin people have and dont have.

You got banned one time already and it looks to me like your working yourself towards another.
    1pwnyAliExpress
  • EbnqbeEbnqbe
    edited January 23, 2017
    Thank you for all the replies. They didn't cheer me up, but at least I know I'm not missing anything, it's just the way it is. I understand, that Karasha's gear is currently the best in the game, therefore it must take some effort to get it, however...

I am a casual player, which means I come up online for maybe 2-3 hours a day. Grinding Cavern Of The Veil solo, just so I can get materials to craft one taming mark (Idk how many runs would it take- 2, 3, more?) doesn't sound like fun to me at all. And it still doesn't guarantee taming to be sucessful, because obviously there's a chance to fail. Also I need to wait for it to spawn, and be lucky enough to get there on time when it spawns. Even if I succeed, I still need to level the familar up, which takes loads of time, or leave it at the farm, which takes about what, 40g? It doesn't sound too convincing.

The very sad thing is also the fact, that when you get the daily quest done (the one that you recieve legendary pass x2 from), you need to use them within 12hrs- otherwise they disappear. Well I'd rather collect them every day and stack them up, so I can use them on saturday, when I can spend a bit more time on the game. The way it is now is if I'm lucky enough, I'll be able to do one legendary run per day. If I am lucky- Usually I get bored after faffling around for 20 minutes waiting to get party ready and I quit.

"One of the reasons this game will die pretty fast. "
    I don't know if it will die, but it definietly won't grow. I think the game is pretty cool in general. I started playing with 2 other friends and they are already out. I'll wait for the next patch and see if anything changes, at least in terms of queue times. Otherwise there's no way for me to catch up with other players, so automatically there's no will to keep playing.
    edited January 23, 2017
    Ebnqbe
    Ebnqbe said:

Thank you for all the replies. They didn't cheer me up, but at least I know I'm not missing anything, it's just the way it is. I understand, that Karasha's gear is currently the best in the game, therefore it must take some effort to get it, however...

I am a casual player, which means I come up online for maybe 2-3 hours a day. Grinding Cavern Of The Veil solo, just so I can get materials to craft one taming mark (Idk how many runs would it take- 2, 3, more?) doesn't sound like fun to me at all. And it still doesn't guarantee taming to be sucessful, because obviously there's a chance to fail. Also I need to wait for it to spawn, and be lucky enough to get there on time when it spawns. Even if I succeed, I still need to level the familar up, which takes loads of time, or leave it at the farm, which takes about what, 40g? It doesn't sound too convincing.

The very sad thing is also the fact, that when you get the daily quest done (the one that you recieve legendary pass x2 from), you need to use them within 12hrs- otherwise they disappear. Well I'd rather collect them every day and stack them up, so I can use them on saturday, when I can spend a bit more time on the game. The way it is now is if I'm lucky enough, I'll be able to do one legendary run per day. If I am lucky- Usually I get bored after faffling around for 20 minutes waiting to get party ready and I quit.

"One of the reasons this game will die pretty fast. "
    I don't know if it will die, but it definietly won't grow. I think the game is pretty cool in general. I started playing with 2 other friends and they are already out. I'll wait for the next patch and see if anything changes, at least in terms of queue times. Otherwise there's no way for me to catch up with other players, so automatically there's no will to keep playing.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I really wouldnt sweat it too much man. Take your time getting to the legend runs if you're casual and cant put a lot of time in the game. We have more levels on the way to keep you busy if you should decide to stick around. Good luck on the gearing progression.
  • FuzFuzFuzFuz
    edited January 23, 2017

HiltoftheDragon

FuzFuz
    FuzFuz said:

Ive never seen any game die because a certain group of players had more funds than others. Why do you keep repeating yourself through out this forum about how much coin people have and dont have.

You got banned one time already and it looks to me like your working yourself towards another.
    I'm not talking about "funds".
    The only people able to get a Leg/Attaius/Tranua/WB group going are the same ones over and over. The others are shunned because of their lower gear, and they can't get better gear because they're shunned. It's a snake eating its tail.
    Read the loot messages that appear in chat: it's the same people over and over again.
    I mean, good for them and I do think that their effort should be rewarded. But other people should have a chance to progress too, and this doesn't happen. I don't blame people: I blame this game's bad, horrible, anachronistic design.
  • 1pwny1pwny
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 3,215
    edited January 23, 2017
    @FuzFuz I see where you're coming from, but I can also tell you, from experience, that you're not totally right.

For example, I used to be pretty hopeless about my future, like you seem to be. I couldn't really get into any runs, and I had about 0 chances to get any better equipment.

Then I joined a guild - as in, a guild that actively participates and gets rewards from those same Raids that you talk about.

Everything started changing, and I'm not exaggerating here. I'm a tank, so we can measure my progress from HP and CDR - in the past month and a half or so, I've gotten about 12k more HP, and 15% more CDR. My gear has improved, and I can now make gold fairly easily on my own (although not that much). I still don't run legendary dungeons - I probably could, but I don't quite feel up to it yet, and I don't want to drag down any party I'm in.

As I've mentioned in at least one other thread, the two most important pieces of gearing up are (1) community and (2) dedication. You need to be willing to spend time on the game (2-3 hours should be fine), and you need to get with a group of people that have the ability to help you. You can accomplish more in 1 week in a strong guild than you can in 1 month solo. I'm not exaggerating here - speaking from personal experience.

I've been in your position, @Ebnqbe, and I'm climbing out of it. Trust me when I say that the situation is not unsalvageable.
    Menegroth_SusejKamenRiderIcarusHiltoftheDragonKesstryl
    edited January 23, 2017
    FuzFuz
    FuzFuz said:

HiltoftheDragon

FuzFuz
    FuzFuz said:

I'm not talking about "funds".
    The only people able to get a Leg/Attaius/Tranua/WB group going are the same ones over and over. The others are shunned because of their lower gear, and they can't get better gear because they're shunned. It's a snake eating its tail.
    Read the loot messages that appear in chat: it's the same people over and over again.
    I mean, good for them and I do think that their effort should be rewarded. But other people should have a chance to progress too, and this doesn't happen. I don't blame people: I blame this game's bad, horrible, anachronistic design.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I agree, i see similar names in loot chat, (baellus) but i also see a lot of names that arent repeated....which makes your statement inaccurate. You speak as all people that are a bit undergeared are shunned away. Join a guild that arent loaded down with elitists twits and move on. Either way....funds or gear.....if your poor on each then thats nobodys fault but your own. Theres a very small percentage of fault that you can pin on this game for that.
    Menegroth_Susej
  • DespondancayDespondancay
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 760
    edited January 23, 2017
    If i were You i werent Afraid of taming fails om caspert.... The Mark goes For about 25g on our Server .... Thats smth You can achieve with 2-3h a day.

Not all ppl kick ppl due To low dps- i made several runs with low damage wizz WHO Know how To kite- Even on llc5 Thats all that matters- if The Party has enough dps For adds ....

Dont get desperate - You can get Some pieces of karasha with writs and prizes For 2 Slot karasha is Dropping like flies.

If i were You i Would work on getting casperts and put them in The First karasha items u get.

Maybe it's Worth To Farm Material For Some Elite Mountains- Needed for good Marks. You can make Some Money from lazy ppl WHO buy And dont Farm them. It will
    Not be much, But At Least a Start!
    Dont give up!
  • DespondancayDespondancay
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 760
    edited January 23, 2017
    Mounts Not Mountains of Course
  • FuzFuzFuzFuz
    edited January 24, 2017
    Edit: Meh, pointless and it's not about me.
  • GrizzlyUKGrizzlyUK
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 5,125
    edited January 24, 2017
    Despondancay

Mounts Not Mountains of Course
    You can edit your own posts by clicking on the cog-wheel icon in the upper right corner of your post, no need to post a new comment to correct yourself. ;)
    -----------------
    On topic, I think we all know the game has a variety of problems that need to be addressed, but I don't think this "problem" is really a game issue. This is more of a player issue, whether it's due to "elitist twits" (thx to HiltoftheDragon for that description lol) or just uncertainty of what to do next or how to accomplish your goal. Sadly every MMO has this issue to some extent, you'll always find these "elitist twits" no matter the game but you can also find players who have a more relaxed attitude to gaming and the best place to find them is by joining guilds. You just have to do a little research first to make sure you find a guild that will give you what you're looking for. Others have already given some excellent advice on upgrading gear and earning gold so that's covered.

Oh, don't forget that RoI isn't really at end-game yet! Nexon still has quite a bit to add to the game to match the original South Korean version, including more zones, familiars, dungeons, etc, and a level cap of 60. In other words, there's no real reason to be in any sort of panic about "end-game progression" just yet. ;)
    Kesstryl
  • HeytacoHeytaco
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 2,675
    edited January 24, 2017
    You need to farm ashram every time he pops, you are after radans essence to tame casperts. Level them and seal them. And that will stop happening. I'd you want to do the end game then you have to invest the time into your char.
  • EbnqbeEbnqbe
    edited January 24, 2017
    I tried to fight caspert. With my dps it would take some time, but I could be able to kill him. Unfortunatelly "kiting" in this game makes me sick, so I'm giving up.

*how kiting looks like in this game"

• DragonEnchantressDragonEnchantress
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 1,665
    edited January 24, 2017
    I would recommend finding a guild that will take you in and help you as a casual player if you're struggling so much casually alone. I agree that leveling as a mage isn't the easiest thing in the world but the idea is that you're doing it with other classes because each one has it's own purpose. What server do you play on?
    Kesstryl
  • EbnqbeEbnqbe
    edited January 24, 2017
    Maybe i exaggerated a bit saying I'm so casual. Still I find it very hard to progress. I played other games before like wow, tera etc. I find solo-ing lower level dungeons and fighting open-world heroic mobs very frustrating, because I'm not able to kite- due to game's mechanichs. I play on Koroshimo.
  • FuzFuzFuzFuz
    edited January 24, 2017
    Ebnqbe
    Ebnqbe said:

I tried to fight caspert. With my dps it would take some time, but I could be able to kill him.
    You're not supposed to kill it, but to tame it.
  • EbnqbeEbnqbe
    edited January 24, 2017
    *lower hp down to around 10%* if that makes any difference